{Real World} Remember Salem?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

{Real World} Remember Salem?

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

Remember Salem? Well, looks like it's happening again. This is good for a plot hook.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/01/18/mitt-romney-booed-by-gop-debate-audience-for-being-the-son-of-an-illegal-immigrant-from-mexico/

something straight out of The Crucible, 12 girls in Upstate New York have fallen suddenly ill, displaying acute symptoms such as verbal outbursts and tics. Unlike Abigail Williams et al., these young women—who all attend LeRoy Junior Senior High School in LeRoy, NY— are no fakers, having had their mysterious disorder legitimized by a still somewhat-bewildered medical community.

Neurologist Dr. Laszlo Mechtler, who has worked with the girls for the last three months, has recently diagnosed them with "conversion disorder" or mass hysteria, a condition that, though rare, does occur. He says, "It's happened before, all around the world, in different parts of the world. It's a rare phenomena."

Ah, but what if it is something? Demon possession? An alien hive-mind trying to take over the world?
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Re: {Real World} Remember Salem?

Unread post by Hibik »

I think you linked the wrong site. All I see is an article about MitRomm being the son of an illegal immigrant...
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Rimdall »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/1 ... 13098.html

I think that's the story you were talking about. You're right, it would make a good hook.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Doctor Laszlo? Is someone yanking my chain?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”