LOW PPE

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Re: LOW PPE

Unread post by Kovoston »

Perhaps if it is a Greatest Rune weapon and it has a purpose/fate then it will adjust spells etc to a non-high P.P.E environment. You have the say in its ability. Did the weapon have a curse attached to it? Is one of its new and unique powers the ability to manage P.P.E. in strange/varied dimensions?

Did you figure its stats yet?

Good luck!

G
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

BARQ wrote:Hi all hope i can get some help. I have dead reign campaign i just started and my group asked for progressive play as opposed to just survival. When they hit(if) 3 lvl they will be exposed to a warrior from ancient times who survived obliteration, he will have them going on trip to get a greatest rune weapon from PF, what would the effects be of it coming back to dead reign. I kinda figure any where from 20-50% reduction in spells,dmg,range. Would the entity in the rune be forced to say sleep or sluggish.
The rune will be part of a 5 part quest that will give them knowledge of Brulyx and a possible way to stop him. If the group has fortune then with each step they will help to bring staunch the flow of PPE and absorption by brulyx and possibly start to reverse it and take the battle to a weakend demon.

Not certain of the specifics on magic in Dead Reign, (haven't got that one yet) but Rune Weapons tend to remain pretty stable when it comes to power. Low magic worlds like Heroes Unlimited see them as powerful magic items. Mid-range on the power scale would be a place like Palladium, and we all know what Rune Weapons are like there. And then of course in a high magic environment like Rifts we see the Rune Weapon shooting up into the mega-damage class. Given my total lack of knowledge on the magic level of Dead Reign, I think you may be able to classify what kind of power levels your dealing with and adjust any Rune Weapons accordingly. :D

Good luck and great gaming!
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Dead Reign Earth is a comparativley low P.P.E environment. According to page 55 of DR
Quote:
"Magic melee weapons, including Techno- Wizard weapons, rune weapons and weapons made of dragon bones, inflict full damage." (to Zombies)

Technically this is an S.D.C. dimension.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

any reduction in spells,damage,range? None, the PF world is in the middle of a Low PPE cycle.

If you absolutely need the rules for a 'practically No PPE' world, they are found in the splicers MB

Would the entity in the rune be forced to say sleep or sluggish? No, the SN Being empowering the rune sword would not be affected till it's powers were used or PPE drained. then it might follow the above mentioned rules found in the splicers MB.

BTW questions have question marks at the end of their sentences/lines.
"What?" <--example

damage is spelled with the voules 'a' (x2) and 'e'.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
tuvermage
Wanderer

Unread post by tuvermage »

Remember that the Runic weapon is powered by the soul trapped within, it gets a boost in worlds with richer magic but it has a floor to it's power based on the entity inside. if you are going for a Greatest Runic Weapon, the I would reduce the number per day it can use it's power and reduce the PPE/ISP recovery and maybe take a d6 off damage. but treat the level of spells the same.
Grug
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Grug »

In my opinion, the Rune weapon/item would remain the same. But I would strongly suggest giving the Rune weapon a curse, it does not need to be something dramatic, but something to remind the players that there is always a price for power.

Drewkitty is there a reason why you need to correct someones spelling and grammar?
Dmg is a often used abbreviation for damage.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:damage is spelled with the voules 'a' (x2) and 'e'.

Now only because I am a jerk, it is spelled vowels.
If you know your enemy and know yourself your victory will not stand in doubt. -Sun Tzu
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -Kosh

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”