Support your ruler...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Support your ruler...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Who do you think is the best ruler in Palladium Fantasy? I tend to like the ruler of Wisdom's and also of the Groff Estates in the Eastern Territories.

Aside from my character, who ended 5 wars and 2 feud, figured out a way to safely pave the roads in my fiefdom fast and efficiently, build a huge tower, made traveling by roads safer with tree forts, had greater earth elementals to cast grow plants on the farm lands while the roads were being constructed, didn't tax my people and feed them when there was a late frost, paid to shoe their horses. Took in a total of 12,971 refuges, built house for them, cleaned up the river, when a massive storm came, I had a dam built, and when everyone was safe, I had it drained rather slowly and the dam destroyed, establish 5 trade agreement, etc.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Cinos
Hero

Re: Support your ruler...

Unread post by Cinos »

For me Itomas, carefully balancing statesmanship with rebuilding his empire to the point it can attempt real invasions again and balancing a civil war on top of that.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

pblackcrow wrote:Who do you think is the best ruler in Palladium Fantasy? I tend to like the ruler of Wisdom's and also of the Groff Estates in the Eastern Territories.

Aside from my character, who ended 5 wars and 2 feud, figured out a way to safely pave the roads in my fiefdom fast and efficiently, build a huge tower, made traveling by roads safer with tree forts, had greater earth elementals to cast grow plants on the farm lands while the roads were being constructed, didn't tax my people and feed them when there was a late frost, paid to shoe their horses. Took in a total of 12,971 refuges, built house for them, cleaned up the river, when a massive storm came, I had a dam built, and when everyone was safe, I had it drained rather slowly and the dam destroyed, establish 5 trade agreement, etc.

Humble... you forgot humble ;)
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

The Chaos Lords
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

pblackcrow wrote:Who do you think is the best ruler in Palladium Fantasy? I tend to like the ruler of Wisdom's and also of the Groff Estates in the Eastern Territories.

Your gm is far to kind to you.....
without tax how do you pay your road guards? Or the elemental summoners? Or pay for arms and repairs .....ect.
none of the villagers told you to **** off when you were building roads? If they did what was the punishment?
With how much you give away ....what's the reason to work or save or expand....your people are right for a revolt once your broke and the gravy train ends.
pblackcrow
Champion

Zamion138 wrote:Your gm is far to kind to you.....
without tax how do you pay your road guards? Or the elemental summoners? Or pay for arms and repairs .....ect.
none of the villagers told you to **** off when you were building roads? If they did what was the punishment?
With how much you give away ....what's the reason to work or save or expand....your people are right for a revolt once your broke and the gravy train ends.

Kind? Hardly! #1. My character had a decent size reserve in his fiefdom. #2. He also had some investments with several ships out of his own money. He was moderately wealthy from adventuring even before he became a baron. So, when the reserve was gone he supplemented it with his own money. #3. The GM and I kept track absolutely everything.

And why would his people object????? Their wagons were getting stuck in the mud and muck every time it came a sizable rain and it was just as difficult for them as it was me. It was announced to take the seeds and get them in the ground quickly, because he was going to kill 2 birds with one stone. Roads and the food growth.

Not everything that happened happened in that year. The tower didn't, most of the refugees didn't happen until just this past month. The flood only happened 3 months ago. I don't believed that the tree forts did either. on that Can't say for sure though.

Besides, not all of the people enjoyed a tax brake that year. Just the farmers, millers, etc.

And if anything he strengthened his relationship with his people.

I do not feel that I did or said anything that deserves such language, Sir or Ma'am. Please present your arguments without cussing me, next time. You could have worded it differently!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

JuliusCreed wrote:

Humble... you forgot humble ;)

LOL, He is, I am not so.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

pblackcrow wrote:

Kind? Hardly! #1. My character had a decent size reserve in his fiefdom. #2. He also had some investments with several ships out of his own money. He was moderately wealthy from adventuring even before he became a baron. So, when the reserve was gone he supplemented it with his own money. #3. The GM and I kept track absolutely everything.

And why would his people object????? Their wagons were getting stuck in the mud and muck every time it came a sizable rain and it was just as difficult for them as it was me. It was announced to take the seeds and get them in the ground quickly, because he was going to kill 2 birds with one stone. Roads and the food growth.

Not everything that happened happened in that year. The tower didn't, most of the refugees didn't happen until just this past month. The flood only happened 3 months ago. I don't believed that the tree forts did either. on that Can't say for sure though.

Besides, not all of the people enjoyed a tax brake that year. Just the farmers, millers, etc.

I do not feel that I did or said anything that deserves such language, Sir or Ma'am. Please present your arguments without cussing me, next time. You could have worded it differently!

Well, I will say this; People are illogical when dealing with a ruler (more so when they can't or don't see the bigger picture). You could pitch to America (or any nation) the best plan, where they would need to do nothing, pay no additional taxes (or less then they do now), and demonstration improve their lives, and at least 25% of that population will decry you as evil for doing so, and ~5% would be willing to start an uprising or visible protest over it. Reminds me of the protests to remove an ingredient from government vaccinations after they had already removed it, or a web article protesting Obama's oil pipe line to Canada after he approved it at the start of his term (and it was really a pipe line FROM Canada). For examples, you give a tax break to the farmers, so every non-farmer in the nation (fiefdom, whatever) now has a reason to hate you as a demon. THEY didn't get a break when they could have. Why does some uneducated dirt farmer get a free break when my shop is hardly breaking even? What about the dang cobblers? Don't they get a break?! <Rabble rabble rabble.>

Just to be the devils advocate :p

The only time my players attempted to start up anything lasting was when a player invested a noticeable chunk of his money to start a neutral hospital in the middle of the Wolfen War's disputed lands. It operated for about 3 months, then the villains murdered everyone in it, and tried trapping the party in the basement when they had returned from a trip to try and keep opposing forces from burning it down (since it treated both sides, it was helping the enemy). Well there was another time in a game, but all the players where 100% hard core evil, and it was more about keeping the population from being able from fleeing and keeping the orcs in line. So that's a bit of a different game of political maneuvering :P

Zamion138
Hero

pblackcrow wrote:

The language wasnt directed at you personaly???dont be so sensitive.

anyhow as the previus posted said to get a nation or state or fiefdom to do anything their has to be a reason.

If obama says "hey were all going to go out and work out for an hour a day as a nation ".... You better have alot of troops forcing that on people. Sure it would make us all live longer and exerscise has been proven to help you think better and be more relaxed and have a better additude too.
but
1. People dont want to be out digging up a road or doing push ups even if its for their own good.
2. the road you built probaly crosses some ones farm land or is not close enough to some one elses farm land, just like some people cant work out an hour due to health issues.
3. "Im rich (at least compared to the other workers) cant i just pay to get the road built." or why should I do sit up I look and feel fine,or its sunday its the lords day im not working out for anyone...
4. When you order anyone to do anything a % will not want to do it. In the case of America having a required work out time its against our constatution and the rule of law to order a free person to do something against their will. In the case of your roads come on no one likes to dig ditches for do manuel labor its work man they hate it.

5. its human nature to try to sherk work..."your telling me you cna have elementals make my crops grow but you cant get them to build a road? Come on just have them build it."

And tax breaks for farmers is why our food production has gone to a mono culture farming system with no diversity, who is your char ? Monsanto?
If I was in the town I would have put a hit on you with the local assassin's guild if they didnt do it for themselves as you got rid of most of their usal ambush spots. Your a king, Kings have to rule with an iron fist or they dont get respect and people(at least most people) dont do anything good for a country by their own free will when it isnt their idea, or required, people are lazy, and selfserving.
pblackcrow
Champion

Excuse me while I laugh.

1. Peoples motivation to get the seeds and plants in the ground to either eat and have a bit of an income or starve. They chose to grow food...LOGICALLY!
2. No it didn't go across anyone farm or house. It used the existing dirt roads. Not exactly sure why or how that is even an issue, considering it is a fiefdom. Everything belongs to the lord, except for the yeoman farms and they still are taxed. And the elementals to "bless the land" was minor earth elementals, to not spook the castle.
3. The roads were built by those who were grateful to the earth warlocks and earth elementals and wanted to help them. They didn't have to do it, they chose to! There were no work edict! They were going to doing it all.
4. See above!

Oh, there was hits put on me for the tree forts.

Wrong. There are a lot of people who live and die to help this country out...it's called the military! And the men and women of AmeriCorp...of which I was one of them.

Now, I fine your points are poorly formed on the assumptions that all people lack a work ethic! Men and women were not as lazy as they are now! 50-40 years ago if you said that to someone and you would have a fight on your hands, mate.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Zamion138
Hero

40 or 50 years ago people had pride in their work as they made products or services not crapy information based economy....that said everything belongs to you if your the king, but your GM was very kind to you in your original description of your own greatness.
And I dont exscuse your laughter.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

*senses the hostility in the air and quickly casts Sanctum before things get too ugly*
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Egads you folks are arguing over a fantasy economy in a fantasy game!!

The Palladium world has a very large and lucrative slave trade...I say enslave all the leprachauns and make them do all the work!!
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
pblackcrow
Champion

Zamion138 wrote:40 or 50 years ago people had pride in their work as they made products or services not crapy information based economy....

No argument there, AT ALL, Mate!!! That is one thing that I wish most of my generation and this latest one had.

that said everything belongs to you if your the king, but your GM was very kind to you in your original description of your own greatness.

No, he was not the king...he was a baron. I know, I know...He was just a caretaker of the high kings/emperor's land. And granted I was bragging on my characters accomplishments.

And I dont exscuse your laughter.

Eh, to bad!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

JuliusCreed wrote:*senses the hostility in the air and quickly casts Sanctum before things get too ugly*

LOL.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

MurderCityDisciple wrote:Egads you folks are arguing over a fantasy economy in a fantasy game!!

The Palladium world has a very large and lucrative slave trade...I say enslave all the leprachauns and make them do all the work!!

:lol: But then he would have to hire magic enforcers...Very expensive. :lol:

500 exp for giving me a good laugh. I needed that.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

MurderCityDisciple wrote:Egads you folks are arguing over a fantasy economy in a fantasy game!!

Have you ever seen a gamer before? They'll argue over anything. For example, leprechauns would make terrible slaves, the amount of work you'd have to put into just keeping them enslaved, much less finding them, you'd be better off capturing them, taking their gold, and using that to buy normal slaves.

pblackcrow
Champion

We are simply having a debate.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Cinos wrote:

Have you ever seen a gamer before? They'll argue over anything. For example, leprechauns would make terrible slaves, the amount of work you'd have to put into just keeping them enslaved, much less finding them, you'd be better off capturing them, taking their gold, and using that to buy normal slaves.

Well if leprachauns make poor slaves...then blame the slavedrivers...I'd slaughter them and feed them to the leprachauns, then enslave more vile and ruthless slavedrivers. After feasting off the flesh of their former masters, the leprachauns might be a bit more motivated. Brilliant!

It's a capitalistic pyramid scheme wet dream...if everyone's a slave, then the top dogs get all the money!!!
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Cinos wrote:For me Itomas, carefully balancing statesmanship with rebuilding his empire to the point it can attempt real invasions again and balancing a civil war on top of that.

Agreed... for now... but you know he is only solidifying until he turns into the Brain and tries to "Take over the World."

Besides Itomas, who I think is one of the richest, most well thought out characters in all of Palladium (not just Fantasy) I like U'Selekma, pontiff of the Church of Light & Dark, and King Avramson of Havea, the ultimate in if you can't beat them, join them.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

zyanitevp wrote:
Cinos wrote:For me Itomas, carefully balancing statesmanship with rebuilding his empire to the point it can attempt real invasions again and balancing a civil war on top of that.

Agreed... for now... but you know he is only solidifying until he turns into the Brain and tries to "Take over the World."

Besides Itomas, who I think is one of the richest, most well thought out characters in all of Palladium (not just Fantasy) I like U'Selekma, pontiff of the Church of Light & Dark, and King Avramson of Havea, the ultimate in if you can't beat them, join them.

Conquest is only the natural result of a world with only so much space to grow. I honestly don't think he's planning on invading another nation until he's out of space, but he won't be settling on just owning the unsettled world.

tuvermage
Wanderer

Unread post by tuvermage »

the truth is people don't like change or anything that disrupts their lives. the reason people would have an issue with you building a road is while you are building the road they can't use it. being from California I see this all the time. it doesn't matter that the road work will make it were you can have 4 times as many cars on the road, it's a matter of for a short period of time it will cause a minor disruption. I'm not saying I don't agree with you on "Why the heck would they mind if I don't tax them and it helps them, why wouldn't they welcome it?" but the world doesn't behave the way we want it to. I made a program for my boss that would reduce her work by half, if not more, it was easier to use than what she currently used, and only took ten minutes to be trained on. but she utterly refuses to take the ten minutes to learn the thing because she is uncomfortable with change, even change that will benefit her. People get set in their ways and they like their routine because they don't have to think. Most people who play these games can never understand this because people who play these games like to think, otherwise they would be playing video games instead of pen and paper. Ten years ago I would have stated the same thing you did, but I've learned people HATE change.

The other thing to keep in mind, something given has no valve and people will take it for granted, regardless of what it is. by not taxing the people and just building everything for them they surprising don't think they need you and have no loyalty to you, if given half a chance they will dethrone you and put someone more popular in place.They may even hate you for everything you are doing because it reminds them that you are rich and they are poor.
pblackcrow
Champion

They don't see him as their lord, but as one of them. He made his money by getting out and adventuring. Plus, by not taxing the farmers that one year did boost his P.R. a bit.

Granted that their was a minor disruption while the roads were being worked on and the GM did roll and the people overall were for the idea.

Not to be rude or anything, but let me ask you this. You're a cart/carriage/coach/chariot/wagon/whatever driver...or traveling apothecary or someone who depends on a road after which was difficult enough to manage and like 5x as difficult after a heavy rain. NOW, why would you object to a few moments wait or detour around? The warlocks and elementals were a truly blessed event. Because not only did they bring the roads but they brought a means for the people to feeding themselves and providing them with money after a bad late frost. Which was rare though not unheard of for that region.

The people were not the ones who gave him grief. The other land holders were!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

But land holders are people too. BTW Exactly which region/kingdom/empire/etc.... did this take place in??? And yes it does make a difference because in some areas you (as in your pc) would end up dead long before you would be able to solidify your authority and/or influence in the region.
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tmikesecrist3 »

There is some problems that I would have thrown in if I was the gm. first the tax brake. that would have made your peers and lesser nobles vary unhappy with you. If you did not tax the peasants even if only in a share of there crops. how did you pay the kings tax when the time came. Next problem the Religion of the land. you have just upset the natural order of the world as mandated by the gods. How dare you. the priest would call for your head. and your peers and even the king would gladly give it to them. Even some of your own people would raise up against you if the priests said so, how wants to bring the wrath of the gods down on them after all?

and even of most of the people where happy with you because I will grant that it would brake down something like this. 10% rebellions. 20% dissatisfied, 15% content, 25% could care less, 20% are happy, and 10% think your the 2nd coming.

Then you have to problem that your peers and king would fear you as a threat to there power. yes if you make your self to poupler the will act as if you plane to take there thrown. after all it is what they'd do in our place. The more corrupted power mad or tyrannical the more likely you are to have that problem. but you really should read the prince. it took me about a week or so to read it that means most people could more then likely get throw it in a few days. and then tell me again that you think your Barron is not in for a whole heap full of trouble

I respect what you tried to do. just if I was your gm.......
*rubs hand together and makes evil laugh*
"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
The charge of the light Brigade, By Alfred, Lord Tennyson
pblackcrow
Champion

FreelancerMar wrote:But land holders are people too. BTW Exactly which region/kingdom/empire/etc.... did this take place in??? And yes it does make a difference because in some areas you (as in your pc) would end up dead long before you would be able to solidify your authority and/or influence in the region.

This happened on a homemade world where their were some "low tech" items available. From the 1800s. But no gun powder, no electricity, no trains, no plains, etc. Um, steam power was still in it's infantile state when we stopped playing. We are talking type writers, water powered saw mill, wind and water mills, corn shuckers/stallers, pedal powered sewing machines, bicycles, clocks, pocket watches, hand cranked record players, manual printing presses, mop, hand mixer, etc. Okay? There were no established post office, either the banks or the general store handled the receiving of letters and packages should the party not be home. Stage coaches delivered the mail and packages. We had riders, homing pigeons, and the like. Also flying snakes...Don't ask! (Something Alex read in a AD&D book. The snake guarded the letter and also killed the rats and mice while we were gone adventuring. So, it was a win/win for us. We didn't complain.)

We all had fiefdoms, um...I just kept my character alive longer.

And tmikesecrist3, #1. The only ones who raised hell with me WERE the other nobles, AS STATED ABOVE. #2. The king got paid!!! #3 it was the church of Thoth in the game urged me to cut the tax on the farmers, so I gave them that credit. #4 I could afford to do it for that 1 year.

Yes, it was my idea for the roads and said shoot why not have the elementals cast grow on the peoples fields.

How did that upset the church??? It was the Church of Thoth, Heka, and Ma'at in my fiefdom. Not the Catholic church!!!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

The state religion in a realm often are a force for keeping the status quo. because the get there power form the powers that be in the land any thing that changes that balance of power may challenge there power. and that does not explain how you kept the king form feeling threatened by your growing power.
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
pblackcrow
Champion

Sorry, but I fail to see how or what he did effected the churches, except for maybe increase their coffers by not taxing the farmers for that year. Please make your points clear as to how he so offended the church of a god of magic, knowledge, and wisdom, a god of magic and healing, and a goddess of truth; order; law; morality; and justice. You have yet to do so. You say he has offended them and that in your games they would be demanding his head, but never explained your logic.

I honestly didn't try to, or see the need to at that time. His king and high king liked the idea for the solid stone roads. Which really honked off other nobles. Even more so when his king told the others heads in his realm to do the same.

Later on though, I did catch some nasty rumors at court, that I was planning something. That was after the prince was "killed" at sea, but actually he just disappeared for a time to get away from the palace and the other nobles stupidity, back stabbing, trying to win his favor, and just all of the usual mindless and petty dribble. In his last 2 months of "freedom", the prince visited all the fiefdoms in disguise.

And in the the last game we played...Of course this was after the prince had returned home, blah blah blah...So skip ahead to about 9 months later, the prince announced to everyone at court and to every noble in the kingdom that their would be some major changes made and my PC would be his one of his adviser when his father dies, mainly because Archon didn't try to back stab, grab land, and he wasn't interested in the power aspect of ruling, but in helping his people. And if they all were just a little more like him and not hypocrites and back stabbers maybe there would be a lot less rebellions in their fiefdoms. Blah, blah, blah. So they had better wish his father many more years because as far as he was concerned they would all be held accountable for their actions against his people. Named off a few and exactly what they had done. Said that they were all buffoons. That in a way he wished that things could go back to being a mutually beneficial construct where the nobles were seen as a good thing...build a town and protect their people...Not as pompous, stuck up, self-centered, self-serving, idiotic, blights upon the people. The people are the building block and true power of any city, state, or kingdom. A people divided from their rulers can topple anything or insure that they have nothing to rule over. Blah, blah, blah...That Baron Archon, Lord Sedgewic (sp?), Lady Dyrina (sp?), Sir Edwin, Baron Dell, and named like 15 to 25 other rulers that have his support. The others better change their ways quickly. Because it would be their last chance. He gave them a warning, to either change their ways or don't look for support when the next rebellion or coup; but look for them to be carrying his banner, golden eagle fletchings on the arrows, and the wings on the hilt of their swords. (Meaning, if the people or military wishes to rise up and kill them, he would support the people; if they didn't make sufficient and immediate changes to stop the rebellions before they all unite and shove the kingdom into a total rebellion, disrepair, and despair.) And that if any of them thought about killing him, or us in the meantime they would bring down the wrath of his uncle, the high king, on all their heads. And that was the short version!!! The prince has balls! All this, while his father was dying of pneumonia. It is called, "Calling out your enemies!" Letting all of them know that you know what they have done and/or are trying to do.

Alex was more or less just wanted to wrap things up before he went with the Peace Corp to Haiti.

But should you want to either pickup the slack, as GM, or start a totally new campaign; since you are so dissatisfied with Alex's ability to run a political intrigue fantasy game, and think that you could make it more interesting and challenging...I am available on yahoo IM, please PM me and we will set up a time to game. I am always up for a good game.

But please explain your logic, because I do not see where you're coming from.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

My point is that a lot of religions DON'T like things to change even for the better. I am not saying that your church would.

and I was merely point out that the king might feel threatened, because of your growing to well liked. The might see you as a threat.

You really should read the prince. because you where setting your self up well to take the throne. you would just need the support of some of the nobles
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
Zamion138
Hero

yeah reading the prince is why I originaly said your GM was being to kind to you.
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

though one idea I got form a lackey book that would work, called Exiles honor. is get the vanity of your wealthy working for you. Don't tax them to build public wells and fountains. Let them put statues of them selves and there family members on public streets as long as it serves a useful public function. in time you would end up with just about every one having a water source close to there home. down side you have to look at statues of fat ugly rich guys, and there wives. and your children's children will be saying who is this guy.
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Long live the Emperor! Long Live the noble house of Itomas!
lol.
The Western Empire is by far my favorite place on Palladium. Course I tend to play what PB considers Villians, but which in any other game are considered good guys.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
pblackcrow
Champion

tmikesecrist3 wrote:My point is that a lot of religions DON'T like things to change even for the better. I am not saying that your church would.

and I was merely point out that the king might feel threatened, because of your growing to well liked. The might see you as a threat.

You really should read the prince. because you where setting your self up well to take the throne. you would just need the support of some of the nobles

Guys, look...Archon doesn't want the thrown. The prince will have enough to deal with soon enough. And there are about 100 +/- fiefdoms in this kingdom. And The most of the people in the other fiefdom have seen way too much of the other nobles ways. The prince has seen their fiefdoms when they weren't expecting him there, so they didn't have time to sweep the rebel under the rug and put on a show of lies. The prince is trying to stop a full scale revaluation, because it could mean threaten not only him; but possibly the entire empire as well.

The king made the mistake of listening to his advisers. The prince had just found out, by Sir Edwin and myself, that it wasn't just one adviser but over half of them that had their points of view "up for bid" to a majority of the other nobles at court.

Could I do it? Yes, and VERY easily...But not by the ways that you are suggesting. I would start by supplying weapons and armor to the people of the most populated fiefdom that was closest to me. Then subtly lead the rebellion against that lord. Then simply repeat a few times, and pretty soon I would be a major player capable of crushing the others. And he does have the perfect cover if the rebel does not succeed and should it ever be discovered and it was ever questioned as to why the rebel was carrying weapons from his forges...He could simply tell them that it must have been those weapons and armor that were intersected on it's way to the king or high king. That fiefdom would be Keligar's land, to one north east. His people are not very pleased with him at the moment that we had to stopped playing. I have considered it.

But my character doesn't want to have to put up with that much bull.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

pblackcrow wrote:But my character doesn't want to have to put up with that much bull.

The point is your 'opponents' don't know that he wouldn't, and honestly he's given them every expectation that he would with all this kind giving he's been doing, and are more then liable to make the first move. Any lord worth his station would start with discrediting.

Grug
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Grug »

pblackcrow wrote:Guys, look...Archon doesn't want the thrown.

Why would he not want the throne? If the person in charge is not doing what must be done, time for someone new. Who better then Archon? Because you could always end up with someone much worse. Say like a priest for the Old Ones! :D
If you know your enemy and know yourself your victory will not stand in doubt. -Sun Tzu
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -Kosh
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

I am not trying to be mean or offend any one, but kings are always looking for rebellion or civil war so they always look for it. so you would have to shift the suspicion else where. Which should not be hard even with the best kings there always conspiracy to over throw him. and there is always making friends in the court and better yet the royal family
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
pblackcrow
Champion

I get what you're saying. But I'm actually playing it true to my character, who likes the prince.

The king was in his 60s or 70s, so he didn't get a chance to get out much. The king was getting ready to die in the last game.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”