Eylor

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Eylor

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

I am thinking of sending my players to planet Eylor (Rifts Worldbook 2, page 72) and I wanted to know if there was any information on it anywhere before I start writing up the adventure?
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Mercdog
Hero

Re: Eylor

Unread post by Mercdog »

It finds people walking on its surface irritating. Be sure to bring offerings of Visine. ;)

Seriously though, the only info I can really remember on Eyelor is in the Atlantis Worldbook. Maybe someone else has a better hook-up.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Eye will keep a eye out for it, but you have to remember to watch out , you could put a eye out

Atlantis
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Among the Cosmic Forge myths is that the fabled Eylor could be the slumbering Cosmic Forge.
Also, no one seems to know where it is. Seems to be a secret only known to a few of the Splurgorth themselves and not their minions.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Armorlord wrote:Among the Cosmic Forge myths is that the fabled Eylor could be the slumbering Cosmic Forge.
Also, no one seems to know where it is. Seems to be a secret only known to a few of the Splurgorth themselves and not their minions.

I plan on them ending up there being an accident involving the Slugorth.

Thanks guys!
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

Does Eylor even have a breathable atmosphere? What about the gravity level? I think that those things should be addressed before you drop your player group there. Although that could make for some good tension. If the group has EBA..you could always have the adventure work like a 24 episode...but the countdown clock is how much air they have left. They have to find a way off the planet before they run out of air.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

CaptKaruthors wrote:Does Eylor even have a breathable atmosphere? What about the gravity level? I think that those things should be addressed before you drop your player group there. Although that could make for some good tension. If the group has EBA..you could always have the adventure work like a 24 episode...but the countdown clock is how much air they have left. They have to find a way off the planet before they run out of air.

That's why I wanted to know if there was more info. If not I'm going to just say it does. :)

I'm not a total jerk. :)
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Akashic Soldier wrote:I'm not a total jerk. :)

That's not what I heard. :P

I believe there needs to be a RIFTS Dimension Book: Eyelor, but there is minimal information aside from what has been taken and marketed by the Sploogs. It seems that the planet is alive in some sense (maybe like Wormwood, maybe not), but possibly dormant or even enslaved.

Of course, Eyelor could not be a planet at all, but a dimension in itself...
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

I can just imagine the Splugorth arriving on the planet and be like: "Hmmm we'll need 5 basketball sized eyes, 4 Softball sized eyes, and 2 golfball sized eyes"...*pluck* *pluck* "Okay, our work here is done. Time to go back to Atlantis and make some kewl stuff..BWHAHAHAHAH! :evil laugh:

Meanwhile Eylor becomes even more blinded.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

CaptKaruthors wrote:Does Eylor even have a breathable atmosphere? What about the gravity level? I think that those things should be addressed before you drop your player group there. Although that could make for some good tension. If the group has EBA..you could always have the adventure work like a 24 episode...but the countdown clock is how much air they have left. They have to find a way off the planet before they run out of air.

Use the Sustain spell so you don't have to worry about breathing or such.

--flatline
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

That's assuming you have a magic user in your group...LOL. Also, while it may help you breathe..it doesn't help in the gravity (or lack thereof) department.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

CaptKaruthors wrote:

That's assuming you have a magic user in your group...LOL. Also, while it may help you breathe..it doesn't help in the gravity (or lack thereof) department.

And that the magic user has the spell (which in this case neither do) :lol:
flatline
Knight

Akashic Soldier wrote:
CaptKaruthors wrote:

And that the magic user has the spell (which in this case neither do) :lol:

That makes me sad. It's one of the single most useful spells in the game.

I've had characters make their fortunes creating Talismans for Sustain for non-magic users who couldn't learn the spell (handy for spacers since it protects against vacuum).

--flatline
Akashic Soldier
Knight

flatline wrote:That makes me sad. It's one of the single most useful spells in the game.

I've had characters make their fortunes creating Talismans for Sustain for non-magic users who couldn't learn the spell (handy for spacers since it protects against vacuum).

--flatline

What level is it? I couldnt be bothered going and looking for myself. :lol:
flatline
Knight

Akashic Soldier wrote:
flatline wrote:That makes me sad. It's one of the single most useful spells in the game.

--flatline

Hmm...no access to my books, but as I recall, it costs 12PPE and is level 6. Might be as low as level 4. But whatever level it is, it's low enough that according to RMB, it should be easy to find and not too terribly expensive to purchase.

--flatline
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

The problem is, if you go to Eylor, and you get the feeling you're being watched...what the hell can you do about it?!
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

taalismn wrote:The problem is, if you go to Eylor, and you get the feeling you're being watched...what the hell can you do about it?!

Find a Female Eylor for the male Eylor and let them make enough baby Eylors that they don't have time to watch you? :?
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
flatline
Knight

taalismn wrote:The problem is, if you go to Eylor, and you get the feeling you're being watched...what the hell can you do about it?!

Cloak of Darkness, Invisibility: Superior, pull a blanket over your head.

Lots of options :)

--flatline
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Colt47 wrote:

Find a Female Eylor for the male Eylor and let them make enough baby Eylors that they don't have time to watch you? :?

Two giant living planets mating?
Okay...that could be major gross or completely abstract(they effectively pollinate...using what amount to meteor showers....of battleship-sized cosmic pollen).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kogwar
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: "Alea iacta est." The die is cast.

Unread post by kogwar »

I would have a space station or a close planetoid because i think the whole omg eylor thing would get old fast.
“Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Working on: New West Rifter submission

Campaigns:
The Sons Of DustWater campaign
flatline
Knight

flatline wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:

--flatline

Hmm...no access to my books, but as I recall, it costs 12PPE and is level 6. Might be as low as level 4. But whatever level it is, it's low enough that according to RMB, it should be easy to find and not too terribly expensive to purchase.

--flatline

Looks like it's level 5.

Awesome spell for such a low level.

--flatline
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

taalismn wrote:
Colt47 wrote:

Two giant living planets mating?
Okay...that could be major gross or completely abstract(they effectively pollinate...using what amount to meteor showers....of battleship-sized cosmic pollen).

Gross or abstract, it will ultimately find it's way onto the internet. :P
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Kinghawke
Explorer

Unread post by Kinghawke »

flatline wrote:

--flatline

what specifically does the Sustain spell do? I don't own that book yet.

does Eylor have anything to do with the powerful magical staff called the Eye of Eylor?
King Hawke--I don't make the world, I just live in it
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Kinghawke wrote:
flatline wrote:

--flatline

does Eylor have anything to do with the powerful magical staff called the Eye of Eylor?
There is, and has been for some time, debate over whether or not the "Sustain" spell actually allows you to breathe in vacuum........or just makes unbreathable air, breathable.

I myself am one of those people who happens to think that, by my reading of the words, that it doesn't allow you to breathe in vacuum (one reason why being that other spells explicitly mention granting you such an ability, whereas "Sustain" does not).
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Akashic Soldier
Knight

flatline wrote:

--flatline

The sustain spell does not exist on Rifts Earth. It is considered an alien otherworldly magic like potions and runes (See Rifts Conversion Book 1, revised).

Sure maybe you can travel to Palladium World and learn it and return to Rifts Earth or get it some other way, but it is extremely rare and generally does not exist.

Kinghawke wrote:what specifically does the Sustain spell do? I don't own that book yet.

Indeed it does -- at least they theorize it does. It is apparently where the eye they use in it comes from. They grow on trees there or something, at least that is the impression I get.
Necrite
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Necrite »

cornholioprime wrote:
Kinghawke wrote:
flatline wrote:

--flatline

There is, and has been for some time, debate over whether or not the "Sustain" spell actually allows you to breathe in vacuum........or just makes unbreathable air, breathable.

I myself am one of those people who happens to think that, by my reading of the words, that it doesn't allow you to breathe in vacuum (one reason why being that other spells explicitly mention granting you such an ability, whereas "Sustain" does not).

Regardless of its ability to let you breathe vacuum, if everyone's in EBA, then sustain would remove the "timer" on your O2 tanks - the expired air would become totally breathable.
"I have to applaud you for doing all that math :D" - Nekira Sudacne
Kinghawke
Explorer

Akashic Soldier wrote:
flatline wrote:

--flatline

The sustain spell does not exist on Rifts Earth. It is considered an alien otherworldly magic like potions and runes (See Rifts Conversion Book 1, revised).

Sure maybe you can travel to Palladium World and learn it and return to Rifts Earth or get it some other way, but it is extremely rare and generally does not exist. [/quote}]

does that also hold true for the Deflect spell, Energize Spell, and Fireblast?
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Kinghawke wrote:does that also hold true for the Deflect spell, Energize Spell, and Fireblast?

Nope. All the spells in book of magic are good to know. Its just stuff like Sustain and Fleet of Foot (I think that is its name) and create food and water.
flatline
Knight

Akashic Soldier wrote:The sustain spell does not exist on Rifts Earth. It is considered an alien otherworldly magic like potions and runes (See Rifts Conversion Book 1, revised).

The Sustain spell is a regular 5th level spell available to anyone who can learn spells that was introduced in World Book 16: Federation of Magic (p138) and was reprinted in the Book of Magic (p109).

I suspect you are thinking of something else.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Necrite
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Necrite »

flatline wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:The sustain spell does not exist on Rifts Earth. It is considered an alien otherworldly magic like potions and runes (See Rifts Conversion Book 1, revised).

The Sustain spell is a regular 5th level spell available to anyone who can learn spells that was introduced in World Book 16: Federation of Magic (p138) and was reprinted in the Book of Magic (p109).

And its BoM entry puts it in the Invocation Magic, which is stated to be the "common spells available to all mages"

flatline wrote:I suspect you are thinking of something else.

--flatline

I would imagine the same thing. My Conversion Book it the non-revised edition, so I can't find any reference to whatever he's talking about.
"I have to applaud you for doing all that math :D" - Nekira Sudacne
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Necrite wrote:
flatline wrote:

And its BoM entry puts it in the Invocation Magic, which is stated to be the "common spells available to all mages"

flatline wrote:I suspect you are thinking of something else.

--flatline

I would imagine the same thing. My Conversion Book it the non-revised edition, so I can't find any reference to whatever he's talking about.

Sorry guys! I think I was thinking of another Palladium Fantasy spell. I'll skip through tomorrow and find it. I also think I said Conversion book 1 when I meant Dark Conversions. I'll correct myself in the morning if no one else has done it first. Night!
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

CaptKaruthors wrote:Meanwhile Eylor becomes even more blinded.

If PB ever stats out Eylor I wuld be suprised that they would not include some sort of regeneration ability. Considering how numerous the minions of splufgorth are the planet would have been robbed blind years ago imo.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Eye see this act could leave it blind I suggest getting it an seeing eye dogstar

Makes you wonder how many eyes it does have since some on them seem a little small.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Even if Sustain does not allow you to breathe in a vacuum, there is always Breathe without Air.

As for as Eyelor itself, it is most likely mostly aquatic (I am thinking around 90-98%). While there is nothing known about the origins of the Sploogs or the Sploog Slavers, it is heavily hinted at that they come from an aquatic world due to the numerous tentacles.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Kinghawke
Explorer

dragonfett wrote:Even if Sustain does not allow you to breathe in a vacuum, there is always Breathe without Air.

As for as Eyelor itself, it is most likely mostly aquatic (I am thinking around 90-98%). While there is nothing known about the origins of the Sploogs or the Sploog Slavers, it is heavily hinted at that they come from an aquatic world due to the numerous tentacles.

that is a good point. if eyelor is mostly blind though, the eyes of eylor, the magic weapons, could actually be projecting visions back to Eylor wherever they are carried. great safe way to see the universe.

Return to “Rifts®”