HELP!!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

HELP!!

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

I read a spell that allows you to create a scroll. You know, putting the spell down on a scroll so anyone can use it.

But now I can't find it!

Where is it or what is it called? I swear its in the Book of Magic!
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: HELP!!

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Create Scroll?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Killer Cyborg wrote:Create Scroll?

What freaking page is it on???

*shakes Cyborg and falls to his knees and weeps*

We looked for like 30 minutes during the game last night and couldn't find it!
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Akashic Soldier wrote:

Uh, isn't there an alphabetical listing in RUE and/or the RMB?
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Akashic Soldier wrote:

Oh, it's on page 140 in the book of magic. Go go back of the book spell index!

By the way, is this a net game by chance? :)
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Colt47 wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:

Oh, it's on page 140 in the book of magic. Go go back of the book spell index!

By the way, is this a net game by chance? :)

Nope, it was around the table. We went through the entire freaking invocations section twice in R:UE and BoM and couldnt find it. I'll check it as soon as I get home (soonish). Page 140!

Thank you so much guys!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Been there done that...happens to the best & worst of us GM's. :D
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Akashic Soldier
Knight

DhAkael wrote:Been there done that...happens to the best & worst of us GM's. :D

Last night was the worst game I've ever run but everyone still enjoyed it and told me not to beat myself up over it but my players have now defeated 2 alien intelligences (Well, dramatically stalled) in two game sessions and each adventure was supposed to be a multi-session adventure.

Its embarrassing but I am learning.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Been there done that...happens to the best & worst of us GM's. :D

Last night was the worst game I've ever run but everyone still enjoyed it and told me not to beat myself up over it but my players have now defeated 2 alien intelligences (Well, dramatically stalled) in two game sessions and each adventure was supposed to be a multi-session adventure.

Its embarrassing but I am learning.

So, too, should the alien intelligences. :twisted: :twisted:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Akashic Soldier
Knight

taalismn wrote:So, too, should the alien intelligences. :twisted: :twisted:

*nods*

But I due to dramatic imperative they've earned a cake walk from Alien Intelligences. (At least for awhile)

Last Night I ran the return of Jesus adventure with a few custom twists. I simply had the person who realized they were Christ be a genuine and principled person who didn't realize that his "Father" was actually a terrible monster that was responsible for driving the Pharaoh to build the first pyramids and not the Christian God. It worked for ages because the players felt like he was the real deal and genuine and couldn't morally justify to themselves killing him. What I didn't count on what the new players character being an Indian "Anti-Monster" from Calcutta with the ability to know the nature of supernatural entities so when she got a glimpse of it's power she instantly knew what was really going on.

Then when Jesus revealed the Ark of the Covenant and announced the pilgrimage that would lead them to the great work Alfonse decided that he was going to try to STEAL the Ark. :nh:

Alfonse wrote:So like the whole thing is gold?

Nor did I know that my little brother had never seen Raiders of the Lost Ark. :|

So when he used his summoned wind elemental spell then to throw it open he well...

It just didn't go well.

Jesus, well the guy who thought he was Jesus and was really just someone who had the blood of the Alien Intelligence flowing through his veins, was supposed to have him and his followers carry the Load Stone/Pyramid Cap stone along the Ley Line to the promised land to charge and stabilize it but now that it was exposed it just starts ripping Rifts in reality into random parallel dimensions. The lid is put back on, they take Jesus to one side, talk to him about it. Come to the conclusion that he is a genuine good and honest person but know that he will continue to do the will of the Alien Intelligence so the Anti-Monster cyborg modeled after Kali (Kali-7) says "As I understand it you have no problem with being a martyr for your faith" and shoots him point blank in the face with her laser skull that she carries around killing him instantly. Then walks out and intimidates his Brutsaur followers (despite being penalized) and the remaining followers flee into the wilderness.

End.

:( <-- Me feeling disappointed that the adventure wasn't better.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

That sounded like a decent conclusion actually.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Colt47 wrote:That sounded like a decent conclusion actually.

I was hoping it would've been harder to learn the truth behind what was going on and that they would've at least STARTED construction on the Pyramid before the PC's did him in. :lol:
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

Akashic Soldier wrote:I was hoping it would've been harder to learn the truth behind what was going on and that they would've at least STARTED construction on the Pyramid before the PC's did him in. :lol:

PCs exist to tear apart the best laid plans of the GM, GMs exist to create new plans for the PCs to tear apart (and hopefully all involved have fun in the process). :-D
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
llywelyn
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by llywelyn »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
I was hoping it would've been harder to learn the truth behind what was going on and that they would've at least STARTED construction on the Pyramid before the PC's did him in. :lol:
If you just want to wrap things up, that's fine, I suppose.

But I've seen the other threads that led to this and it's your own damned fault for giving a self-created RCC powers that specifically screwed your entire plan for the game. I mean, you're clever enough to sneak a syphon beast into corners of your borg's armor in total defiance of the rules, so you should have seen this coming and been able to adjust "Jesus" to match.

I like that the ark was a 62 oz jug of concentrated riftjuice, but you could have extended the campaign by having even one PC close enough to be sucked in or have an unstable rift fall towards him.

Likewise, bruutasaurs aren't terribly bright and if they don't understand what just happened - or have a more intelligent and somewhat unscrupulous guy to lead them - could easily become nemeses or recurring antagonists to mix up your ninja dice with, with or without conversion to an even nastier cult like the Dragonwrights in South America. I mean, your foreign and demonic-looking wench just capped their leader in the face on a self-announced "hunch".

Finally, unless I missed something, there should still be a very pissed off alien intelligence out there messing with these people. Jesus and Jerusalem might've gotten blown open, but that's no reason for Samson or David and his merry band not to be running your players to ground.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

llywelyn wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:
If you just want to wrap things up, that's fine, I suppose.

But I've seen the other threads that led to this and it's your own damned fault for giving a self-created RCC powers that specifically screwed your entire plan for the game. I mean, you're clever enough to sneak a syphon beast into corners of your borg's armor in total defiance of the rules, so you should have seen this coming and been able to adjust "Jesus" to match.

I like that the ark was a 62 oz jug of concentrated riftjuice, but you could have extended the campaign by having even one PC close enough to be sucked in or have an unstable rift fall towards him.

Likewise, bruutasaurs aren't terribly bright and if they don't understand what just happened - or have a more intelligent and somewhat unscrupulous guy to lead them - could easily become nemeses or recurring antagonists to mix up your ninja dice with, with or without conversion to an even nastier cult like the Dragonwrights in South America. I mean, your foreign and demonic-looking wench just capped their leader in the face on a self-announced "hunch".

Finally, unless I missed something, there should still be a very pissed off alien intelligence out there messing with these people. Jesus and Jerusalem might've gotten blown open, but that's no reason for Samson or David and his merry band not to be running your players to ground.

My computer is in the shop and I'm on my iPhone so I'll kee this short.

1. The custom OCC is statistically identical to the already existing Anti-Monster OCC. simply with cosmetic and setting alterations and it's specialization shifted from Vampire to Middle Eastern Demons and Devils.

2. Yes I slipped up but when the players were reading me the entry the sensory powers were not mentioned and I was focusing on getting the game started. Yes it was a blunder not to read EVERYTHING in detail but in my defense I was focusing on keeping character generation short so that everyone could actually play.

3. Cyborg Armor is specific NOT Cybernetics. It is armor that is so heavy that is can only be used by a cyborg or giant robot. So I am not IN CLEAR DEFIENCE of the rules and I actually kind of resent that accusation because whereas I can simply ignore certain rules I do not.

There's more but my phone just dropped to 10% charge. But yes, I COULD have altered events and dragged it out and I did intend to mess around with dimensional anomalies but the lid was off the ark for less than 15 seconds.

I do plan to continue the story in the future but right now I think that I'd be trite if I just dumped more in their lap so soon after "winning" like I would just be being vindictive because things did not go as I'd planned.

Note: None of the apostles were killed. There is still the AI's "Great Work" but without the loadstone the PCs have it can't enter the world.
llywelyn
Dungeon Crawler

Akashic Soldier wrote:1. The custom OCC is statistically identical to the already existing Anti-Monster OCC.
Obviously, that was a mistake for this story line.

@when the players were reading me the entry the sensory powers were not mentioned and I was focusing on getting the game started.
But this at least explains how that came about. The other thing they glossed over for you is that the Antimonsters were supposedly a unique hybrid created after the apocalypse by the isolated guys in MegaVenezuela iirc thanks to the help of some refugee Asgardian dwarves. Just from a fluffy story view, there was no legitimate way the Indians should have been statted identically with them.

@I actually kind of resent that accusation
Ah. Well, apologies in that case. I don't run with borgs and was going with what some of the other posters were saying. But if you finessed it, that's great.

@None of the apostles were killed. There is still the AI's "Great Work" but without the loadstone the PCs have it can't enter the world.
Well, someone's gonna be trying to get it back, but I can see your point about giving them some filler to do in the meantime rather than jumping straight into that.

Again, sorry that your campaign was wrecked, but what have we learned?
If the new PCs are being written from one of Carella's books, read the ENTIRE damned thing yourself before you OK them for your campaign. :D
Akashic Soldier
Knight

llywelyn wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:1. The custom OCC is statistically identical to the already existing Anti-Monster OCC.
Obviously, that was a mistake for this story line.

@when the players were reading me the entry the sensory powers were not mentioned and I was focusing on getting the game started.
But this at least explains how that came about. The other thing they glossed over for you is that the Antimonsters were supposedly a unique hybrid created after the apocalypse by the isolated guys in MegaVenezuela iirc thanks to the help of some refugee Asgardian dwarves. Just from a fluffy story view, there was no legitimate way the Indians should have been statted identically with them.

@I actually kind of resent that accusation
Ah. Well, apologies in that case. I don't run with borgs and was going with what some of the other posters were saying. But if you finessed it, that's great.

@None of the apostles were killed. There is still the AI's "Great Work" but without the loadstone the PCs have it can't enter the world.
Well, someone's gonna be trying to get it back, but I can see your point about giving them some filler to do in the meantime rather than jumping straight into that.

Again, sorry that your campaign was wrecked, but what have we learned?
If the new PCs are being written from one of Carella's books, read the ENTIRE damned thing yourself before you OK them for your campaign. :D

Yup there was no mention of Asgard. Where is that mentioned? In short I was told that they were Magic-Users blended with TW Cyber to be turned into Supersoldiers that defend humanity.
llywelyn
Dungeon Crawler

Akashic Soldier wrote:Yup there was no mention of Asgard. Where is that mentioned? In short I was told that they were Magic-Users blended with TW Cyber to be turned into Supersoldiers that defend humanity.

Ah, my bad: the Asgardian angle was just implicit:

South America, p. 16 wrote:Most of them were dwarves from an advanced alien civilization that specialized in techno-wizardry. Their contribution to the progress of the fledgling country soon overcame any suspicions on the part of the indigenous people. Soon, the "Enanos" (the Spanish word for dwarf) became an accepted part of the Colombian culture. A couple of decades after the Coming of the Rifts, the Republic of Colombia was born. Twenty years later, first contact with other civilizations to the east took place, most notably the kingdoms of Bahia and Maga.

South America, p. 34 wrote:Although several Anti-Monsters have been captured and experimented upon in an attempt to discover the manner in which they are created, not even Atlantis can duplicate the process (so Techno-Wizard characters shouldn't even think about trying to build one). Splugorth bio-wizards suspect that a god or a supernatural intelligence is the developer of the secret magic.

Point stands, just based on Carella's name being on the spine, though. (See also: specialized in techno-wizardry (supposedly Lazlo invention) and shouldn't even think about trying to build one (it's too COOL!) above.)
Akashic Soldier
Knight

llywelyn wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:Yup there was no mention of Asgard. Where is that mentioned? In short I was told that they were Magic-Users blended with TW Cyber to be turned into Supersoldiers that defend humanity.

Ah, my bad: the Asgardian angle was just implicit:

South America, p. 16 wrote:Most of them were dwarves from an advanced alien civilization that specialized in techno-wizardry. Their contribution to the progress of the fledgling country soon overcame any suspicions on the part of the indigenous people. Soon, the "Enanos" (the Spanish word for dwarf) became an accepted part of the Colombian culture. A couple of decades after the Coming of the Rifts, the Republic of Colombia was born. Twenty years later, first contact with other civilizations to the east took place, most notably the kingdoms of Bahia and Maga.

South America, p. 34 wrote:Although several Anti-Monsters have been captured and experimented upon in an attempt to discover the manner in which they are created, not even Atlantis can duplicate the process (so Techno-Wizard characters shouldn't even think about trying to build one). Splugorth bio-wizards suspect that a god or a supernatural intelligence is the developer of the secret magic.

Point stands, just based on Carella's name being on the spine, though. (See also: specialized in techno-wizardry (supposedly Lazlo invention) and shouldn't even think about trying to build one (it's too COOL!) above.)

Thanks man. It appears I may have screwed up and been careless. No matter. Since there is nearly no info on India except it is where demons and gods walk the earth I can make this work. :)

:angel:

:twisted:

Return to “Rifts®”