Dead Reign - Heros - Cross over

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ice Dragon
Hero

Dead Reign - Heros - Cross over

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Hi,

since I watched the "Walking Dead" I was thinking about using this theme in a HU game.

The characters have to prevent the spreading of the Dead disease. They can fight hords of zombies and undead superheros and villains. Think about a zombie with the super power invulnarability :demon:. They can save living people and bring them to savety. They could find a cure to the disease, etc.

Has anybody played such a game :?.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Re: Dead Reign - Heros - Cross over

Unread post by Juce734 »

Ice Dragon wrote:Hi,

since I watched the "Walking Dead" I was thinking about using this theme in a HU game.

The characters have to prevent the spreading of the Dead disease. They can fight hords of zombies and undead superheros and villains. Think about a zombie with the super power invulnarability :demon:. They can save living people and bring them to savety. They could find a cure to the disease, etc.

Could someone who is invulnerable get the undead disease? However a Zombie that can fly would ruin all of my plans. Or a Zombie with supernatural strength and IQ Would be really tough as well.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

*Slides you guys a stack of "Marvel Zombies" See you in a few weeks. lol

I've not played one myself but it'd be a fun game to try and play. Some hard choices would likely have to be made.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Juce734 wrote:

Could someone who is invulnerable get the undead disease? However a Zombie that can fly would ruin all of my plans. Or a Zombie with supernatural strength and IQ Would be really tough as well.

I'd worry more about one with super-speed, that's how Marvel had their 'Marvel Zombies' go, with one of many wallbangers being Quicksilver getting infected then promptly infecting every other super on the planet he could find within minutes making containment impossible (and pretty much setting up a downer ending for the setting which is something I despise so have never read an issue of it).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

Yeah I've never read Marvel Zombies. This concept while interesting would end the world completely with 0 survivors withing a matter of a couple days probably.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

There was a book I read that had this concept and I thought it worked better then Marvel Zombies where the Zombies seemed to keep their human intelligence. There the zombies kept their powers they had, but like with one character who was an acrobat and was fast and strong, she was still faster then a normal human, but was slower then she used to be and while a threat was easier to deal with while alive. Same thing with one character who was invulnerable who got bitten while in his more human form and then transformed to try to prolong his life and was a zombie-'demon' after that. He could still sorta talk and was a LOT stronger then most of the other heroes but not nearly where he used to be.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Unread post by Seneca »

My current HU campaign has a Mortificant from Rifter #50 and his cult as the major villian. My heroes have tried and failed to stop him from gathering magical artifacts from different areas for reasons they have yet to figure out.

He is planning to cast the Zombie Apocalypse ritual. :twisted:
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Just remember what happens in any game when you give a mouse a cookie.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

In my game world (and remember that this is my game world, not something canon or what anyone else may do) zombies are zombies. Once you die, that's it. Whatever super abilities you had due to your living DNA are gone, and if you become a zombie you are a normal zombie. Or, well, as normal as a zombie would be.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

Severus Snape wrote:In my game world (and remember that this is my game world, not something canon or what anyone else may do) zombies are zombies. Once you die, that's it. Whatever super abilities you had due to your living DNA are gone, and if you become a zombie you are a normal zombie. Or, well, as normal as a zombie would be.

While I could see doing that it takes out some of the fun. What about doing it like a zombie. Little to no brain activity which is why in most movies they can barely walk, crawl. So maybe if they had powers they can barely use them. So if they have eye beams they are a -10 to aim or something since they are zombies. Or if they can fly maybe they fly very crazy and run into things. Every time they fly they crash (30% crash rating) with a 15% chance of taking themselves out for good by smashing their head into the ground or running into a tree head first.
LeeNapier
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by LeeNapier »

Here's the thing about Zombies and Superpowers - at least superpowers like Extraordinary Speed or flight that aren't always active. A Zombie doesn't have a whole lot of decision-making capability. They can barely walk and eat. They are not clever, rational beings. They don't have the higher-order brain capacity needed to turn on a superpower and use it. So I'd only let Zombies use powers that are "always-on" types of powers - and even then, probably with limitations due to their new zombified state, on a case by case basis.
Nightmask
Palladin

LeeNapier wrote:Here's the thing about Zombies and Superpowers - at least superpowers like Extraordinary Speed or flight that aren't always active. A Zombie doesn't have a whole lot of decision-making capability. They can barely walk and eat. They are not clever, rational beings. They don't have the higher-order brain capacity needed to turn on a superpower and use it. So I'd only let Zombies use powers that are "always-on" types of powers - and even then, probably with limitations due to their new zombified state, on a case by case basis.

Better than how Marvel handled it, the super-zombies for the most part were just killer cannibal supers. Only a few suffered as a result (Thor couldn't use his hammer anymore, Hulk actually exploded as once he'd fed he reverted to Banner but the smaller body couldn't contain it all), and that villain Sue Sentry went right on quite happily. From what I've heard Pym was even keeping Black Panther alive as a 'snack' item and had already eaten some of his limbs. *shudder*
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Was just thinking about a Zombie with teleport powers *shudders* - ok, it will only teleport to what it sees - but this could be bad enough for the PCs.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

This is a fun thread. I like the idea of a super powered zombie who should be powerful but is too dumb to be powerful. Super speed but lacks reaction time so he busts thru a wall and kills himself for good due to head trauma.
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

Daniel Stoker wrote:There was a book I read that had this concept and I thought it worked better then Marvel Zombies where the Zombies seemed to keep their human intelligence. There the zombies kept their powers they had, but like with one character who was an acrobat and was fast and strong, she was still faster then a normal human, but was slower then she used to be and while a threat was easier to deal with while alive. Same thing with one character who was invulnerable who got bitten while in his more human form and then transformed to try to prolong his life and was a zombie-'demon' after that. He could still sorta talk and was a LOT stronger then most of the other heroes but not nearly where he used to be.

Daniel Stoker

Was that book called 'Ex-Heroes' by Peter Clines perhaps??

If you get the chance, pick it up or download it from Amazon.. Phenomenal book.

A small group of heroes tries to defend their human cohorts from zombies and raiders. They make their base in a Hollywood back-lot that has been reinforced to fend off an attack. Problem is, that the raiders are using the zombies to try and overthrow the stronghold.
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
Ice Dragon
Hero

Ex-Heros and Ex-Patriots - a friend recommented these books. I will put them on my list.

Daniel Stoker
Knight

PapaMambo wrote:

A small group of heroes tries to defend their human cohorts from zombies and raiders. They make their base in a Hollywood back-lot that has been reinforced to fend off an attack. Problem is, that the raiders are using the zombies to try and overthrow the stronghold.

Yes that would be it! Though I admit I wanted to slap the one guy who could turn into electricity silly over his "Oh I can't just go out and kill them all... it feels bad when I do it!" stance. They're zombies... they're trying to kill everyone... grow a pair and save the world already!!!!

Daniel Stoker
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler

Daniel Stoker wrote:
PapaMambo wrote:

Yes that would be it! Though I admit I wanted to slap the one guy who could turn into electricity silly over his "Oh I can't just go out and kill them all... it feels bad when I do it!" stance. They're zombies... they're trying to kill everyone... grow a pair and save the world already!!!!

Daniel Stoker

Lol.. yeah. But I did appreciate that the author used his powers in new and interesting ways - ie: using him as a human(ish) battery to keep the generators running. If only APS Electricity had power stunts for that sort of thing - it just makes sense.
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Ice Dragon wrote:Was just thinking about a Zombie with teleport powers *shudders* - ok, it will only teleport to what it sees - but this could be bad enough for the PCs.

what if it had no eyes?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Ice Dragon wrote:Was just thinking about a Zombie with teleport powers *shudders* - ok, it will only teleport to what it sees - but this could be bad enough for the PCs.

what if it had no eyes?

Maybe to what it senses??
Dobergirl
Wanderer

Unread post by Dobergirl »

Nightmask wrote:
Juce734 wrote:

I'd worry more about one with super-speed, that's how Marvel had their 'Marvel Zombies' go, with one of many wallbangers being Quicksilver getting infected then promptly infecting every other super on the planet he could find within minutes making containment impossible (and pretty much setting up a downer ending for the setting which is something I despise so have never read an issue of it).

That's not the ending, that's the setup! It doesn't end with zombie apocalypse but starts after it, with few heroes and villains alive.

Black Panther is mother flipping insane in it and reminds me why he's one of my favorite Marvel characters. Since his arm and leg was amputated, he walks around using walking stick, right? He carries under his armpit a seperated zombie head he tosses at the acolytes, then rams his walking stick into the stump and beats everyone in sight with it!

Also since beings like Hulk, Thanos and Juggernaut were also turned zombie, I'd say invulnerability wouldn't save against zombieness. Immunity to dissease MAY be the only way but even then, all you'd be is snack to everyone. It may actually be even worse alternative. :?

Beings like Spiderman and some other who had alterned metabolism had the virus take longer time to take full effect but even they turned. (Spiderman killed Aunt May and Mary Jane) In short, there's no way to stop you from becoming a zombie, unless you're 100% robot or otherwise not really alive being. Doom was infected too but it took long time for him too (he was able to save everyone) probably due to the machines in his suit. But yeah, unless you're just brain of Cyborg or total robot, you'll be turned. :shock:

You don't have to read the whole comic but read this fun commentary and see the pics from it and the screencaps. I especially love the "Oh, goddammit. I totally forgot that arrowheads are made of metal. Why, I could just kick myself! You ever have one of those days?" which is so true since there's seriously no way Hawkey should have been able to hit Magneto.

http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox8/default.php

The sequel also answers a question no one wanted being answered. Do Zombies poop? Answer; yes they do.
Daniel Stoker
Knight

I'm still not clear on how Ghost Rider who's a flaming skeleton was able to get turned into a Zombie let alone why any of them would try to bite him in the first place, but there we were.

Daniel Stoker
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

He can also ride up walls and stuff on a magical motorcycle.. how hard would it be to get away?

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Dobergirl
Wanderer

Unread post by Dobergirl »

Mephisto wrote:
Dobergirl wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
Juce734 wrote:

That's not the ending, that's the setup! It doesn't end with zombie apocalypse but starts after it, with few heroes and villains alive.

Black Panther is mother flipping insane in it and reminds me why he's one of my favorite Marvel characters. Since his arm and leg was amputated, he walks around using walking stick, right? He carries under his armpit a seperated zombie head he tosses at the acolytes, then rams his walking stick into the stump and beats everyone in sight with it!

Also since beings like Hulk, Thanos and Juggernaut were also turned zombie, I'd say invulnerability wouldn't save against zombieness. Immunity to dissease MAY be the only way but even then, all you'd be is snack to everyone. It may actually be even worse alternative. :?

Beings like Spiderman and some other who had alterned metabolism had the virus take longer time to take full effect but even they turned. (Spiderman killed Aunt May and Mary Jane) In short, there's no way to stop you from becoming a zombie, unless you're 100% robot or otherwise not really alive being. Doom was infected too but it took long time for him too (he was able to save everyone) probably due to the machines in his suit. But yeah, unless you're just brain of Cyborg or total robot, you'll be turned. :shock:

You don't have to read the whole comic but read this fun commentary and see the pics from it and the screencaps. I especially love the "Oh, goddammit. I totally forgot that arrowheads are made of metal. Why, I could just kick myself! You ever have one of those days?" which is so true since there's seriously no way Hawkey should have been able to hit Magneto.

http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox8/default.php

The sequel also answers a question no one wanted being answered. Do Zombies poop? Answer; yes they do.

That's just Marvel's interpretation. They were using writer fiat to build their own story without thinking about the logistics properly. There is no way that Wakanda would be overrun by zombies, their military is too strong and skilled for that to happen. The Baxter Building would also have defenses against anything like that, or at least alert Reed to what is going on. Thor or Hulk turned into a zombie? Not likely; Thor would laugh and Hulk would fart out the zombie infection pretty easily (after all, NONE may control the Hulk!!!!!). The most dangerous person to get infected would be Dr Strange, since he might still retain some mystic knowledge and could use magic to spread the plague, at least until he's fully turned and loses all of his abilities.

Actually the Fantastic Four were some of the first people to be infected. You can see that causing all sorts of problem, especially since Reed had his intelligence intact. As for Thor and Hulk, quicksilver as zombie. They didn't have the time to react as they were bitten. The Marvels follow the more universal rule where a single zombie bite makes you a zombie. I hate Quicksilver but he's Marvel equilavent of Flash so him being a zombie means he would pretty much be able to infect entire country in less than hour. Okay, not really as fast as Flash but he's still pretty fast runner, Flash is even in Marvel cannon the fastest being when he outraces quicksilver and I forget who.

We saw Silver Surfer become eaten and all who ate got his powers. Imagine Hulk with powers of cosmics. Then Galactus was eaten and Hulk and Spiderman and others also now had both SS and Galactus powers. Yeah, that happened too.
Nightmask
Palladin

Mephisto wrote:
Dobergirl wrote:Actually the Fantastic Four were some of the first people to be infected. You can see that causing all sorts of problem, especially since Reed had his intelligence intact. As for Thor and Hulk, quicksilver as zombie. They didn't have the time to react as they were bitten. The Marvels follow the more universal rule where a single zombie bite makes you a zombie. I hate Quicksilver but he's Marvel equilavent of Flash so him being a zombie means he would pretty much be able to infect entire country in less than hour. Okay, not really as fast as Flash but he's still pretty fast runner, Flash is even in Marvel cannon the fastest being when he outraces quicksilver and I forget who.

We saw Silver Surfer become eaten and all who ate got his powers. Imagine Hulk with powers of cosmics. Then Galactus was eaten and Hulk and Spiderman and others also now had both SS and Galactus powers. Yeah, that happened too.

The fastest Marvel speedster is Makkari, followed by Quicksilver then Northstar (although Northstar and Quicksilver are virtually tied) then Super Sabre is fourth (although a case could be made for Aurora to be fourth in the list). A lot of Marvel decisions have gotten really bad, the best Marvel comics were in the Tom De Falco as Editor in Chief days, when stories made more sense and there was more consistency in powers and abilities.

I gather you're listing non-cosmics in there, since Runner is the fastest followed by Fast Forward (the homage to Barry Allen that appeared during the race on Earth and along with a tattered red and yellow uniform and memory loss thinks his name is' buried alien' or something like that).

Either way it was ridiculous, both for how it spread (people who can't be killed or were invulnerable or both still inexplicably end up transforming even when they should have immunity) and having Reed Richards willingly infecting himself and the rest of his team. Just too much for me to suspend any of my disbelief about.

G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

there is a superpower called Zombie Flesh...
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”