Build your best 5-man crew!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

earthhawk

Build your best 5-man crew!

Unread post by earthhawk »

Here's a chance to put together your Rifts "super-team"! The rules are simple; the ALL classes from Rifts Earth are open, and each group should be comprised of the following:

1 Practitioner of Magic O.C.C.

1 Psychic O.C.C.

1 Men at Arms O.C.C.

1 Adventurer or Scholar O.C.C.

1 wild card - this can be from ANY O.C.C.

Post your team and give them a name and a brief description as to why you think they would be able to take on Rifts Earth! Maybe when we have enough teams we can post a bracket together and let the forum vote on who would win in each bracket? Anyone I thought this would be something fun to do, so have it and enjoy :)
earthhawk

Re: Build your best 5-man crew!

Lone Star
Description: I feel that this group is pretty well rounded and can tackle most adventurers. I think what they lack like is pure firepower since almost no one wears heavy armor or carries heavy weapons. Thoughts?

Battle Magus (Federation of Magic pg. 71)

Psi-Warrior (Psyscape pg. 76)

City-Rat (RUE pg. 88)

Rogue Scholar (RUE pg. 93)

Hunter Cat (pg. 113)
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

JOATS - The we can do anything you might need team.

1 - Shifter with a focus on combat skills (as he can actually learn spells at a faster rate than a LLW thus being more versatile)

2 - Mind Melter with a focus on combat skills (can typically handle what a magic user can't)

3 - Special Forces. (Tactics and Military expertise)

4 - Wilderness Scout with a focus on Lore and Technical skills (leader and expert on all things non-military/combat oriented)

5 - Cyberknight (makes up where the others may fall short)

:D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Out of curiosity, what you do mean "which one would win in each bracket"?

Win what kind of competition?

What brackets?

--flatline
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

flatline wrote:Out of curiosity, what you do mean "which one would win in each bracket"?

Win what kind of competition?

What brackets?

--flatline

He said in the OP that once there are enough to have the groups paired off into brackets ala a sports playoff run and have the forum members vote for the winners of each contest until one wins the whole shebang.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

The rest of it is irrelevant. My wildcard is a Mulka. :P Munchkins AWAY!! -SWOOSH-!!!!
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Neurotic Cupcake wrote:That's kind of pointless. One person just has to come along and include things like Godlings and Cosmo-Knights and its pretty much over for the groups already listed.

An exercise in creating fun and thematic group compositions is one thing. A $*@#-waving exercise is just boring and pointless.

Actually it says all classes from Rifts Earth so TECHNICALLY Cosmo knight and Godlings would be excluded as they are not FROM Rifts Earth :D

\m/
earthhawk

Neurotic Cupcake wrote:That's kind of pointless. One person just has to come along and include things like Godlings and Cosmo-Knights and its pretty much over for the groups already listed.
:)
An exercise in creating fun and thematic group compositions is one thing. A $*@#-waving exercise is just boring and pointless.

It's supposed to be something fun. If you think it's pointless you don't have to participate :)
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

1. Diabolist
2. Mystic
3. Demon Queller
4. Super Spy
5. Chiang Ku Dragon

This is team: "Exploit the Permanence Ward as much as possible"
Stack as many magic buffs as you can on each other, use the Chiang Ku bones as your physical resources and scribe a Permanence Ward to achieve absurd levels of power. Use that Chiang Ku to enslave others to your cause and beef them up in the same manner if absurd levels of power isn't quite enough.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

1. Earth/Air Elemental Fusionist (RUE)
2. Mind Melter (RUE)
3. Special Operations Soldier (Rifts: Australia)
4. Body Fixer (RUE)
5. Techno-Wizard (RUE)

This group doesn't have any major focus so much as being able to take on a variety of situations without too much trouble. The Earth/Air Elemental Fusionist is a really overlooked Magic User that solves a lot of travel issues such as staying fed and dealing with difficult terrain, and does so even better than the Wilderness Scout.

I'd say this group is built largely around being able to fix things and make due with few resources.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Anthar wrote:The rest of it is irrelevant. My wildcard is a Mulka. :P Munchkins AWAY!! -SWOOSH-!!!!

I was going to go with an All Mulka team... BUT he specified that they had to be from Rifts Earth, and Mulkas are not.
Alas.
:(
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

Team: Omega
1. Ley Line Walker (RUE) more spells than any other caster
2. Mind Melter (RUE) I have seen one of these succeed where other psychics lack
3. White Tiger Borg (Rifts: Russia) for those heavy combat situations
4. Rogue Scientist (RUE) truly awesome at all kinds of skills
5. Cyber-Knight (RUE) pitch hitter and leader of the group

This kind of group would be able to tackle all kinds of situations. Their limitations come from lack of vehicular combat but most time that really is not a major concern. Their biggest strengths are their mobility and varied skill specialties.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
Icefalcon
Champion

Which book is the Mulka from?
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Icefalcon wrote:Team: Omega
1. Ley Line Walker (RUE) more spells than any other caster
2. Mind Melter (RUE) I have seen one of these succeed where other psychics lack
3. White Tiger Borg (Rifts: Russia) for those heavy combat situations
4. Rogue Scientist (RUE) truly awesome at all kinds of skills
5. Cyber-Knight (RUE) pitch hitter and leader of the group

This kind of group would be able to tackle all kinds of situations. Their limitations come from lack of vehicular combat but most time that really is not a major concern. Their biggest strengths are their mobility and varied skill specialties.

Very similar to my team :) however by the book the Shifter can actually learn more spells...... :D

\m/
Icefalcon
Champion

I might have to re-read the Shifter, its been a while since I looked at it. I did think however that LLW could buy new spells to learn and was only limited by what he could learn/be taught. I know by straight leveling that they might fall behind others but could learn from scrolls, books or teachers for extra spells.
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

1. Flooper Vagabond
2. Flooper Rogue Scholar
3. Flooper Robot Pilot (Chipwell Warmonger)
4. Flooper Conjurer
5. Flooper Soaker (Rifter 19)
earthhawk

gaaahhhh wrote:1. Flooper Vagabond
2. Flooper Rogue Scholar
4. Flooper Conjurer

Why floopers??
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Icefalcon wrote:Which book is the Mulka from?

Rifts: Manhunter, a parallel earth setting, Uber-powerful, you can't hurt them and they have unlimited PPE and ISP.

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Anthar wrote:The rest of it is irrelevant. My wildcard is a Mulka. :P Munchkins AWAY!! -SWOOSH-!!!!

I was going to go with an All Mulka team... BUT he specified that they had to be from Rifts Earth, and Mulkas are not.
Alas.
:(

Like a Mulka, I choose to ignore your petty trivialities. :P

earthhawk wrote:
2. Flooper Rogue Scholar
4. Flooper Conjurer

Why floopers??

Oh you poor soul, tremble at the horror of an all Flooper group. :twisted:
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

2. Flooper Rogue Scholar
4. Flooper Conjurer

You beat me too it!
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
flatline
Knight

Icefalcon wrote:I might have to re-read the Shifter, its been a while since I looked at it. I did think however that LLW could buy new spells to learn and was only limited by what he could learn/be taught. I know by straight leveling that they might fall behind others but could learn from scrolls, books or teachers for extra spells.

Only intuitive casters like Mystics can't purchase spells. LLW, Shifters, Temporal Wizards/Warriors, Technowizards, etc can all purchase spells.

--flatline
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

flatline wrote:
Icefalcon wrote:I might have to re-read the Shifter, its been a while since I looked at it. I did think however that LLW could buy new spells to learn and was only limited by what he could learn/be taught. I know by straight leveling that they might fall behind others but could learn from scrolls, books or teachers for extra spells.

Only intuitive casters like Mystics can't purchase spells. LLW, Shifters, Temporal Wizards/Warriors, Technowizards, etc can all purchase spells.

--flatline

And without buying the spells in questions the Shifter can actually learn more at a faster rate than a LLW

\m/
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

2. Flooper Rogue Scholar
4. Flooper Conjurer

If we had the option, I'd have a full group of Flooper Ninja. :D

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

flatline
Knight

jaymz wrote:
flatline wrote:

--flatline

And without buying the spells in questions the Shifter can actually learn more at a faster rate than a LLW

Good to know. I'll have to pull out RUE and read the descriptions again.

--flatline
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

flatline wrote:
jaymz wrote:
flatline wrote:

--flatline

Good to know. I'll have to pull out RUE and read the descriptions again.

--flatline

Under learning new spells they can essentially learn 3 new spells per level. This doesn't even include if they have a link to something supernatural. Starts on page 120

\m/
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

1) Techno-Wizard, just can't do without the benefits you can get from one of these.

2) Gizmoteer, because being able to temporarily boost the abilities of one's gear and provide for psionic devices for everyone is again a very good deal and with a focus on medicine particular cyber-doctor skills.

3) Special forces tiger Battle Cat, because nothing says intimidating like an 8' tall humanoid tiger coming at you in heavy armor carrying a rail gun like most carry a pistol.

4) Rogue Scholar, with plenty of lores and educational skills to handle the non-combat situations and figuring out what's up and at least minor psionics.

5) Psi-Tech, because not only are they even better with technology than the others in the group they're wicked combat machines in power armor or robot vehicles.

I call them the Gear Heads for their focus on technology, as far as why I think they can survive and prosper on Rifts Earth is because they're more flexible than at first blush, not completely dependent upon technology, and can salvage pretty much any technology they come across to incorporate it into their own group and exploit it to their advantage.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

earthhawk wrote:
2. Flooper Rogue Scholar
4. Flooper Conjurer

Why floopers??

Why not Floopers? There's always room for more Floopers.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

gaaahhhh wrote:
earthhawk wrote:
2. Flooper Rogue Scholar
4. Flooper Conjurer

Why floopers??

Why not Floopers? There's always room for more Floopers.

Yeah they are the D-Bee version of never having enough cowbell :lol:

\m/
flatline
Knight

Not my normal balance of characters, but I'll see what I can do. I'm assuming that "Men at Arms" covers any OCC whose primary focus is combat.

The Time Bandits

1 Practitioner of Magic O.C.C.: Temporal Wizard
1 Psychic O.C.C.: Psi-Tech
1 Men at Arms O.C.C.: Temporal Warrior
1 Adventurer or Scholar O.C.C.: Psi-Operator
1 wild card - this can be from ANY O.C.C.: Technowizard

Everyone but the Temporal Wizard can pilot power armor. Everyone can use TW items and talismans, so expect utility spells via talismans and TW enhanced PA to be the norm (the TempWiz will make due with a grav-pack or something equally convenient). Generating the cash to fund this will be a breeze with the TempWiz and TempWar cranking out scrolls and talismans, the TechWiz creating TW items, and the Psi-Tech and Psi-Op doing their thing.

This team would be extremely adept at the smash and grab, especially against technological targets since they'd have an easy time identifying the good stuff.

--flatline
Icefalcon
Champion

flatline wrote:

--flatline

Thanks I am going to have to look into that. Been a while since I read all the books but I am slowly working my way through them as I run my first Rifts game in ten years.
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by GenThunderfist »

1. Fire / Water Elm. Fussionist -- I'm not very keen of magic, but I remember this character being pretty powerful.
2. Burster with Third-Eye powers and a TW Fire Sword --Double the Enlarge Fire ability, then apply the the TW Fire Sword...
3. Bombardier 'Borg from Triax (Rifter 52, Official Material) ---Anti-Everything...missiles where missiles should never go.
4. Psi-Operator ---Well rounded individual, can fix up equip well.
5. Robot Slammer from Canada in a suit of Grenadier PA from Japan. --- Anti-Armor, gets crazy bonuses and will protect that Bombardier heavy support well.
Shoot or Die, it's the name of the game.

Oh kids these days, with their texting and murder...
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

1 Practitioner of Magic O.C.C. : Dragon if possible. Always rather liked them. If not, Battle Magus or Combat Mage. (( I like the idea of a military type Mage, that might be looked down on others but gets things done.

1 Psychic O.C.C. Psi Warrior or Dog boy Cyberknight (( As in a dog boy with the cyberknight OOC. Not a dual ooc)). Either works. Jedi Style represent!

1 Men at Arms O.C.C. Paratrooper. I've always liked it as a normal mortal Men at Arms OOC.

1 Adventurer or Scholar O.C.C. Ex-Free Quebec or CS Ranger (Wilderness scout)

1 wild card - this can be from ANY O.C.C. Cold Blooded. (( This one is an edit. Had been discussing them in a different thread and pulled out the book and remembered how fun they could be, and how tragic the OOC is from the start. So I changed this one. It's 4am. Hopefully noone will mind the edit and substitution.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Icefalcon
Champion

Pepsi, where is the Cold Blooded from? I don't ever recall seeing them, but then I do not own every book, just most of them.
sagajr
Wanderer

Unread post by sagajr »

Icefalcon wrote:Pepsi, where is the Cold Blooded from? I don't ever recall seeing them, but then I do not own every book, just most of them.

Mercenary Adventures (both the cold blooded and the paratrooper described in this book).
My Flickr phostostream with pictures of various ships and deckplans: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67590659@N04/
earthhawk

Pepsi Jedi wrote:1 Practitioner of Magic O.C.C. : Dragon if possible. Always rather liked them. If not, Battle Magus or Combat Mage. (( I like the idea of a military type Mage, that might be looked down on others but gets things done.

1 Psychic O.C.C. Psi Warrior or Dog boy Cyberknight (( As in a dog boy with the cyberknight OOC. Not a dual ooc)). Either works. Jedi Style represent!

1 Men at Arms O.C.C. Paratrooper. I've always liked it as a normal mortal Men at Arms OOC.

1 wild card - this can be from ANY O.C.C. Cold Blooded. (( This one is an edit. Had been discussing them in a different thread and pulled out the book and remembered how fun they could be, and how tragic the OOC is from the start. So I changed this one. It's 4am. Hopefully noone will mind the edit and substitution.

Can dog boys be cyberknights?? I had no idea but that's pretty cool.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Going only with O.C.C.

1. Psi-Slinger
2. Temporal Wizard
3. Full Conversion Borg
4. Military Specialist
5. Dog Boy

Mixing with R.C.C.
1. Ice Dragon Hatchling
2. Amazon
3. Full Conversion Borg
4. Ardok Flying Mountain
5. Undead Slayer
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

earthhawk wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:1 Practitioner of Magic O.C.C. : Dragon if possible. Always rather liked them. If not, Battle Magus or Combat Mage. (( I like the idea of a military type Mage, that might be looked down on others but gets things done.

It states in the RUE that the Dog Boy class is an OCC not an RCC in the Designers Notes, so it's possible for one to be a cyber knight. A dog boy cyber knight pack would be pretty crazy to encounter.

Icefalcon
Champion

sagajr wrote:
Icefalcon wrote:Pepsi, where is the Cold Blooded from? I don't ever recall seeing them, but then I do not own every book, just most of them.

Mercenary Adventures (both the cold blooded and the paratrooper described in this book).

Thanks, that's one of the few I do not own.
Giant2005
Knight

Colt47 wrote:
earthhawk wrote:

It states in the RUE that the Dog Boy class is an OCC not an RCC in the Designers Notes, so it's possible for one to be a cyber knight. A dog boy cyber knight pack would be pretty crazy to encounter.

Also Lone Star page 39 states that at that time 3 Dog Boys had been taken in for Cyber Knight training.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Giant2005 wrote:
Colt47 wrote:
earthhawk wrote:

Also Lone Star page 39 states that at that time 3 Dog Boys had been taken in for Cyber Knight training.

Indeed. That is, in fact, where I got it from. Lone Star is one of my favorite Rifts books of all time. Might have something to do with the fact I started with TMNT and still love mutant animals and stuff. But yeah, Free born dog boys can be a number of OOCs. One of them being cyberknights. :) I love both dog boys, AND cyberknights. I've played a DB-CK before. It was quite fun.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Giant2005
Knight

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:Also Lone Star page 39 states that at that time 3 Dog Boys had been taken in for Cyber Knight training.

Indeed. That is, in fact, where I got it from. Lone Star is one of my favorite Rifts books of all time. Might have something to do with the fact I started with TMNT and still love mutant animals and stuff. But yeah, Free born dog boys can be a number of OOCs. One of them being cyberknights. :) I love both dog boys, AND cyberknights. I've played a DB-CK before. It was quite fun.

I always assumed those Dogboys flunked out of their CK training.
Every time they see a fire hydrant they would break both the Nobility and Courtesy Tennets of the Code.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Yep, Mercenary adventures. It's a tiny little splat book. like..45 pages or so? But it's got a couple of cool OOCs in it. Cold Blooded (( Sort of anti vampire type thing)) Paratrooper. Hazmat trooper type... Megabane, which if memory serves is a sort of 'anti mage' type thing. Combat Mage. Which is kinda fun. It's a military trained mage, that other mages kinda look down on for being like... a mage thug (( which is quite funny when you think about it)) because they'r military minded and not "MEN OF MAGIC" type "I spent 20 years learning my magic and perfecting my art" and are more like 'OH CRAP!! INCOMING LASERS!! Um... FOOOOOOZH!! FIREBaLL *****!!!" type. They say it's a hold over from the 200 years of darkness, how people were learning magic and just used what ever they had. I kinda like that. The military mage that both sides kinda look down on but gets things done.

The book has a 'boot camp' adventure that if you start your campaign with it, will give your group a nice set of bonous' for their char's right out of the gate. (( It's a nnicce kick off thing for a new group of players coming together. ))

Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Giant2005 wrote:Also Lone Star page 39 states that at that time 3 Dog Boys had been taken in for Cyber Knight training.

I have to wonder how you graft cyber-armor onto a furry creature without them looking freakish due to loss of fur.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Icefalcon
Champion

Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Yep, Mercenary adventures. It's a tiny little splat book. like..45 pages or so? But it's got a couple of cool OOCs in it. Cold Blooded (( Sort of anti vampire type thing)) Paratrooper. Hazmat trooper type... Megabane, which if memory serves is a sort of 'anti mage' type thing. Combat Mage. Which is kinda fun. It's a military trained mage, that other mages kinda look down on for being like... a mage thug (( which is quite funny when you think about it)) because they'r military minded and not "MEN OF MAGIC" type "I spent 20 years learning my magic and perfecting my art" and are more like 'OH CRAP!! INCOMING LASERS!! Um... FOOOOOOZH!! FIREBaLL *****!!!" type. They say it's a hold over from the 200 years of darkness, how people were learning magic and just used what ever they had. I kinda like that. The military mage that both sides kinda look down on but gets things done.

The book has a 'boot camp' adventure that if you start your campaign with it, will give your group a nice set of bonous' for their char's right out of the gate. (( It's a nnicce kick off thing for a new group of players coming together. ))

Thanks, I am going to have to get this one. But then, I have been wanting to get the rest of the Mercenary books for a while as I only have the first one.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Nightmask wrote:

I have to wonder how you graft cyber-armor onto a furry creature without them looking freakish due to loss of fur.

Dog boys wear normal and even environmental armor just fine. I imagine you just shave um and graft it on. Depending on how you envision cyber armor it might even have hair over top. It's not 100% clear if after the armor bonds to you if it's sub-dermal or not. Some of the descriptions seem to imply it is. The fight scene with Tarn's Cyberknight and the CS guys has him get hit a few times and after the fight the kid realizes that he's got armor under the skin and that's why he didn't get vaporized. Even if you envision it being atop the skin, it'd just look like armored plates. Same as any dog boy wearing normal armor I'd guess. :)

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Icefalcon wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Thanks, I am going to have to get this one. But then, I have been wanting to get the rest of the Mercenary books for a while as I only have the first one.

Well just be aware it's a SMALL book. It's not like the 160+ page merc books.

That being said, it's packed with good stuff and I recommend it. :)

Icefalcon
Champion

Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Well then, it should be cheaper than a larger book and make it easier for me to afford. :D
Of course, seeing how you recommend it just makes it more likely that I will buy it.
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Unread post by Seneca »

Icefalcon wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Well then, it should be cheaper than a larger book and make it easier for me to afford. :D
Of course, seeing how you recommend it just makes it more likely that I will buy it.

Merc Adventures is an awsome book. For 16 bucks or so you have new spells in the combat mages section, new OCC's for mercs and the magic zone, a new tribe of psi-stalkers that make for a great regional encounter around Merc Town, the Manhunters bounty hunter guild, and a slew of HLS ideas and a fleshed out boot camp adventure.

Now my top Five would be:

The Red Shadows.

A D'norr Ninja Techno Wizard. Hi No Akuma.

A Japanese Psi-Tech. Ichika Akabane pilots a Ichto Banshee.

A female Chinese Gunmaster. Liang Qi.

A Mining 'Borg from Tritonia. Outfitted for deep sea salvage and mechanics.

And my wild card would be a Japanese Volcano Dragon Hatchling.
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

gizmoteer, white tiger borg, megajuicer, temporal warrior and an ice dragon hatchling.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

earthhawk wrote:Here's a chance to put together your Rifts "super-team"! The rules are simple; the ALL classes from Rifts Earth are open, and each group should be comprised of the following:

1 Practitioner of Magic O.C.C.

1 Psychic O.C.C.

1 Men at Arms O.C.C.

1 Adventurer or Scholar O.C.C.

1 wild card - this can be from ANY O.C.C.

Post your team and give them a name and a brief description as to why you think they would be able to take on Rifts Earth! Maybe when we have enough teams we can post a bracket together and let the forum vote on who would win in each bracket? Anyone I thought this would be something fun to do, so have it and enjoy :)

Practitioner of Magic: Native American Paradox Shaman

Psychic: Native American Mystic Shaman

Man-At-Arms: Native American Totem Warrior

Adventurer/Scholar: Native American Rogue Scholar

Wild Card: Native American Spirit Warrior
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

William Page: Is a Cyber Knight (and Leader of the Crew) who has seen the shining potential in each of the dark souls of his crew and wants them to realize their true potential. In truth he is a product of The Book of Heroes and secretly carries it with him. His goal is to turn these rag-tag misfits into the noble champions he knows them to be--though he knows all too-well that for to happen he is going to have to die. "Page" is an exampler who makes no illusions that justice or goodness is easy... only that it is necessary for a better tomorrow and worth dying for.

Joseph Prosek II "Slick": Joseph Prosek II or "Slick" as he has come to be known is the son of Emperor Prosek of the Coalition States or at least he was. Three years ago Joseph awoke and found himself a prisoner in a stranger's body. He has no idea who has replaced him but he has since grown a great deal as a human being (And even reluctantly admits he is rather fond of "Floop." Slick is consumed by a single-minded quest to reclaim his identity and rightful place at his father's side. "Slick" is is an expert at hand to hand combat, a skilled soldier and crackshot. Although he is ideal as the role of leader he refuses to take responsibility for anyone but himself and continues to feign apathy towards the rest of the crew though.

"Denis Malcolm Montgomery "Floop": "Floop" as he is affectionately known is a Flooper (Flooper [Smuggler] R.C.C.) who was raised by human City Rats and has a very high appreciation of humor (seeing it as an art form) he is repulsed by slapstick but finds a deep almost spiritual truth in satire and parody. He is a student of irony and his unique perception of space and efficiency verges on the supernatural. Floop is undefeated at Tetris.

The "Para-Shooter": A wealthy high-profile Assassin (Assassin O.C.C.) and master spy with dashing good looks and a way with the ladies that would make Bond blush. He also uses remote control helicopter drones and parachutes to leap from great highs to assassinate his targets without giving away his location.

"Swiftie": A country girl Dog-Boy (Brown and White Collie Breed/Psi-Hound) who was rescued by "Slick" and fell deep in love with him. Even though she has met the Real Joseph (at least in passing) and knows the truth tragic truth of"Slicks" condition she truly loves him, believes in the best in him and CHOOSES to believe that he is the real Jospeh Prosek II even if her nose and psychic abilities tell her otherwise. In her heart "Slick" is going to be a man who will change the world.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.

Return to “Rifts®”