How would you pull off the hiest of the century ?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

How would you pull off the hiest of the century ?

Unread post by Lenwen »

I'm not interested in if its viable or not according to game mechanic's .. I am just wanting to hear how you would pull off a Black Vault break in / out .. with the 1 item of your choice ?

:)
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Re: How would you pull off the hiest of the century ?

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

Not me, but one of my players teleported in, ransacked it and then flew right out, smashing through the bulks heads as she wents. Keep in mind this was a 10 year old character who already had a lot of money and had been to Atlantis and Phaseworld and gotten upgrades and was pratically deific level, also had rune weapons and stuff like that. It wasn't a walk in the park, but she made it. It was very messy.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Lenwen wrote:I'm not interested in if its viable or not according to game mechanic's .. I am just wanting to hear how you would pull off a Black Vault break in / out .. with the 1 item of your choice ?

What do we know about the Black Vault?

--flatline
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

flatline wrote:
Lenwen wrote:I'm not interested in if its viable or not according to game mechanic's .. I am just wanting to hear how you would pull off a Black Vault break in / out .. with the 1 item of your choice ?

What do we know about the Black Vault?

--flatline

Basically its the Coalition's version of Ft. Knox ..

Super highly trained soilders guarding a "supposedly" impregnatable ubber fortified complex within another ubber impregnatable ubber fortified complex which holds magical items that the CS wants to place in it .

Basically .. thee single most secure place in all the the Coalition .. by a factor of many many many times ..

I just wanna know how yous guys would break in and what if anything you found would you take ?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Millions of action golems allow the CS to capture the TW toy soldiers then once inside the over welm the secerty forces and carry out the goods. Imagine CS vs GI joes.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

@Flatline - there is a whole splat book dedicated to it :)

Once the REAL Black Vault is located it shouldn't be that difficult to teleport in and teleport out. The REAL chore in all of this is finding the damn thing
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Blue_Lion
Knight

jaymz wrote:@Flatline - there is a whole splat book dedicated to it :)

Once the REAL Black Vault is located it shouldn't be that difficult to teleport in and teleport out. The REAL chore in all of this is finding the damn thing

Depends on how easy it is for TEch energy fields to stop teleporting and dose the CS not have counter TP tech? I seam to rember some circle thingy from one of the rifters.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Blue_Lion wrote:Depends on how easy it is for TEch energy fields to stop teleporting and dose the CS not have counter TP tech? I seam to rember some circle thingy from one of the rifters.

There is no tech in any book anywhere from Palladium that canonly stops teleportation ..

You can house rule however that a rifter article that was wrote a while back is the reason why they can not ..

But its not canon.. and as such is not useable here as a canon way to stop some one from porting in an out ..
Blue_Lion
Knight

Realy no cannon rule? Do not have the article but was it offical or "opitional"? If it is offical then it is cannon. There is also likly to be nega psi in the black vault to take care of active magic. I find it hard to belive that nothing stops a teleporter by cannon other wise every mage with a grudge whould be telporting bombs inside chi town.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Blue_Lion wrote:Realy no cannon rule? Do not have the article but was it offical or "opitional"? If it is offical then it is cannon. There is also likly to be nega psi in the black vault to take care of active magic. I find it hard to belive that nothing stops a teleporter by cannon other wise every mage with a grudge whould be telporting bombs inside chi town.

The article in question was in fact not official. It was optional source material.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Yeah what Len said. I know the article in question. It was by Deadboy.

As for teleporting. I believe forcefields stop normal teleport superior but nor dimensional teleporting.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
escargotini
D-Bee
Comment: Flip it TURN-WAYS

Unread post by escargotini »

jaymz wrote:Yeah what Len said. I know the article in question. It was by Deadboy.

As for teleporting. I believe forcefields stop normal teleport superior but nor dimensional teleporting.

Rifter #37 (pg 69-70) talks about CS cities having an Anti-Magic Incursion Ring that stops 95% of teleport spells. Optional material, but worth using.
The thread killer
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

escargotini wrote:
jaymz wrote:Yeah what Len said. I know the article in question. It was by Deadboy.

Rifter #37 (pg 69-70) talks about CS cities having an Anti-Magic Incursion Ring that stops 95% of teleport spells. Optional material, but worth using.

Agreed and I use it myself but still not canon which is what Lenwen is asking about. :)

\m/
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

I can one-up this.

I GMed a heist of the CHi-town Library. The players managed to hijack an emergency protocol that was designed to back up the digital version of the library to a special underground bunker in the Burbs. By the time the Coalition figured out what was going on, our heroes were beating a hasty retreat. They ended up selling the library to Plato in Lazlo for a mere 1% of it's value. It was still a hell of a haul.
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Lenwen wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:Depends on how easy it is for TEch energy fields to stop teleporting and dose the CS not have counter TP tech? I seam to rember some circle thingy from one of the rifters.

There is no tech in any book anywhere from Palladium that canonly stops teleportation ..

You can house rule however that a rifter article that was wrote a while back is the reason why they can not ..

But its not canon.. and as such is not useable here as a canon way to stop some one from porting in an out ..

So you can't use non-canon items in a non-canon heist.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

jaymz wrote:
escargotini wrote:

Agreed and I use it myself but still not canon which is what Lenwen is asking about. :)

Canon defense is only good until someone want to change something like blowing up chi-town or any of the other fun things or any thing else that is non-canon
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mallak's Place
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mallak's Place »

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Lenwen wrote:

So you can't use non-canon items in a non-canon heist.

Read the OP. He ask how you would do it regardless of if it would work or not. basically how would try to do it. He also wants on canon things to be used. If the hypothetical heist is "non-canon" then anything any character ever does is "non-canon" so why bother ever having canon at all?

\m/
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
jaymz wrote:
escargotini wrote:

Canon defense is only good until someone want to change something like blowing up chi-town or any of the other fun things or any thing else that is non-canon

No that isn't true. You can try to do things by canon (like blowing up Chi-Town) it just may not succeed and as Lenwen asked, he doesn't care if it will succeed or not just how you would attempt to do it. Using canon.

\m/
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Kidnap Joseph 2, ransom him back for the whole vault.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

jaymz wrote:
Read the OP. He ask how you would do it regardless of if it would work or not. basically how would try to do it. He also wants on canon things to be used. If the hypothetical heist is "non-canon" then anything any character ever does is "non-canon" so why bother ever having canon at all?
I am sure the conquest of the 9 planes of hell was never canon doesn't mean it stop anyone from doing it.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
jaymz wrote:
I am sure the conquest of the 9 planes of hell was never canon doesn't mean it stop anyone from doing it.

Don't shoot the messenger. Lenwen is the one that wants to know what you would do in canon to try and attempt the black vault heist.

If you aren't willing to answer the question as asked then don't take part in the discussion *shrugs*

\m/
Blue_Lion
Knight

Actualy I don't think he ment cannon. We are putting more into than he did.

The first post even says that it does not matter if it is viable or not according to mechnics. Just how you are going to do it. So saying you whould telport in and out how whould you find it to start with?

Eample using millions of TW animated action figures (action golems.) Arrange for the CS to find a large shipment of a new TW "Toy". Then when they send them back to vault they get up and swarm the staff and defences they are mdc creatures with super natural str and lgt mdc weapons. Then they carry off loot if the loot is small they can use the vent system.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Blue_Lion wrote:Actualy I don't think he ment cannon. We are putting more into than he did.

The first post even says that it does not matter if it is viable or not according to mechnics. Just how you are going to do it. So saying you whould telport in and out how whould you find it to start with?

Eample using millions of TW animated action figures (action golems.) Arrange for the CS to find a large shipment of a new TW "Toy". Then when they send them back to vault they get up and swarm the staff and defences they are mdc creatures with super natural str and lgt mdc weapons. Then they carry off loot if the loot is small they can use the vent system.

yeah the likely hood of find the actual black vault are low unless you have something to pin point it location , odds are you will hit one of the other "Black Vault" , but after that the Black Eagles will know who you are along with the other black ops groups within the coalition.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:yeah the likely hood of find the actual black vault are low unless you have something to pin point it location , odds are you will hit one of the other "Black Vault" ,

I said this in my first post in this thread iirc....

\m/
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

jaymz wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:yeah the likely hood of find the actual black vault are low unless you have something to pin point it location , odds are you will hit one of the other "Black Vault" ,

I said this in my first post in this thread iirc....

no, i still think it would be difficult even if you know where the actual site is and the best would be 28%, just because there is not pictures or maps of it or the set up and somehow i dont think it looks like the area 51 storage area for the Indiana Jones movies.

as soon as a player steps in they will know where you're at and response in force.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

thus why i said

The REAL chore in all of this is finding the damn thing

\m/
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

jaymz wrote:thus why i said

Finding it is one thing getting in and finding something powerful and escaping with it and your life is something else altogether.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
jaymz wrote:thus why i said

Finding it is one thing getting in and finding something powerful and escaping with it and your life is something else altogether.

True but I;d say finding it is probably the hardest part since as you said, you are likely to find a "fake" BV not a the real one anyway :)

\m/
flatline
Knight

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:Actualy I don't think he ment cannon. We are putting more into than he did.

yeah the likely hood of find the actual black vault are low unless you have something to pin point it location , odds are you will hit one of the other "Black Vault" , but after that the Black Eagles will know who you are along with the other black ops groups within the coalition.

Out of curiosity, how would they know who you are?

If you're careful, they would only have your description from surveillance footage and debriefing any survivors you leave behind.

--flatline
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

flatline wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

If you're careful, they would only have your description from surveillance footage and debriefing any survivors you leave behind.

--flatline

I'm sure once you start poking around and looking for the black vault, The coalition gets the low down, it's only a matter of time before they know who the group is and their make up of the group, and then set the trap.

flatline
Knight

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
flatline wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

--flatline

I'm sure once you start poking around and looking for the black vault, The coalition gets the low down, it's only a matter of time before they know who the group is and their make up of the group, and then set the trap.

Because there's no way that the group could be subtle or indirect about this at all, right?

--flatline
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

flatline wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
flatline wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

--flatline

Because there's no way that the group could be subtle or indirect about this at all, right?

--flatline
That's right, because the coalition are complete morons and wouldn't have any safe guards in place in protect their most secured site. B

flatline
Knight

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
flatline wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:I'm sure once you start poking around and looking for the black vault, The coalition gets the low down, it's only a matter of time before they know who the group is and their make up of the group, and then set the trap.

--flatline
That's right, because the coalition are complete morons and wouldn't have any safe guards in place in protect their most secured site. B

I am making no such assumption. It makes no difference how smart or stupid the CS is if the group doesn't give them anything to work with.

Wait until someone posts a plan before you decide whether or not there is a reasonable expectation that the CS would be forewarned of it.

--flatline
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

flatline wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
flatline wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:I'm sure once you start poking around and looking for the black vault, The coalition gets the low down, it's only a matter of time before they know who the group is and their make up of the group, and then set the trap.

--flatline

I am making no such assumption. It makes no difference how smart or stupid the CS is if the group doesn't give them anything to work with.

Wait until someone posts a plan before you decide whether or not there is a reasonable expectation that the CS would be forewarned of it.

--flatline

I can't wait to see those big fool proof plans

flatline
Knight

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
flatline wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
flatline wrote:

--flatline

--flatline

I can't wait to see those big fool proof plans

Me, too! I would normally be all over this sort of thing, except that I know nothing about the Black Vault except what's been posted in this thread. I figure I'll wait for someone else's plan and then help them identify and address the weak points.

--flatline

Return to “Rifts®”