Top 3 books you'd like to see for Heroes Unlimited

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Top 3 books you'd like to see for Heroes Unlimited

Unread post by Mediapig71 »

What are your top 3 requests for new HU books? Cold be things you'd like to see fixed, or just topics you;re really interested in. Personally, I'd like:

1. Heroes Unlimited: Ultimate Edition. Give it the Rifts treatment. A big hardback with some color plates (new art, art from Rifter, etc.) Fix up some problem rules, streamline and clarify, maybe include some new powers and such.

2. Tech book: Of all the power categories in the game, my least favorite are the tech types, and normally I love these kinds of characters. I really feel like Robotics and Bionics need some new systems to get them on par with, and using the same rules as, other super powered characters. Maybe expand the rules for Super Inventions, Prometheus Circuits, etc to allow these characters to build normal super abilities into their suits, robots, and cybernetic implants. And add more options and equipment for the various Hardware types.

3. Undersea Empire: Not sure what to call this, but I would love a book detailing a Heroes Unlimited version of Atlantis, or some other fictionalized undersea empire. This is such a staple of comics, and Heroes Unlimited has barely touched it! More aquatic heroes and villains, new aquatic powers, weapons, monsters and creatures, adventures, intrigue, battles with the surface world, etc.

RUNNER UP: Villains Unlimited 2. Flipping through VU1, it was a fun book, but it's characters and ideas seem pretty dated now. A new villain book, with some fresh ideas, maybe tied into Gramercy Island somehow, could be fun!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: Top 3 books you'd like to see for Heroes Unlimited

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Here's mine. I propose a new series of 3 Core books.

1: Ultimate Heroes Unlimited: As you said. Give it the RUE do over. Clean up stuff. Some of the power classes in HU are extremely dated. Some of that stuf is from the early 80s. Especially the tech stuff. Clean it up. Make it pretty. Get some new art in there. And add the new Power categories from PU 2 into the book. They belong there anyway. Add in 5 or 6 new power categorizes. Again HU was written decades ago. There's been alot of new things in comics that aren't easily covered in the power categories.

2: Ultimate Powers Unlimited: Take the powers from PU 1 and PU3, put them ALL in there. (( By type ect. Don't spread um all willy nilly)) and DOUBLE it. Add in at least that many new powers. I don't care if it's "Matter expulsion: Rabbid Kittens" Give us some NEW POWERS. Not crappy "I changed it from 110 mph to 150 mph speed on flight "Angle wings" vs flight "Winged".I mean new powers. New Stuff. Fun stuff. A big ol ULTIMATE catalog of powers. If nothing else. Take a few weeks. Go through Marvel Encyclopedia's . Go through DC Encyclopedias. Go through wiki's on line. Write down the powers. ALL OF THEM. Pause and go "Ok does this fit into a HU power" If not. MAKE ONE!!! Do we want palladium to make conversions? NO!! Do ----------------WE-------------------- want the ABILITY to play what ever TYPE of hero we want? +++++++++++++++YES++++++++++++++

3: Strangeness Unlimited: This one would be a collection of 'Strange' stuff. 1) Expanded and new 'unusual characteristics tables" One of the rifters did pretty well with this. (( I printed it out and keep it with my core book)) but we need more. Not stupid stuff like some of the Nightbane stuff , but yes more unusual characteristic tables/ Mutation tables. 2) You can have a section on Strange weapons/Gear, be it Alien, or strange godly stuff/ Magic stuff, ect.. 3) You can have "Strange bases" which can work in the stuff from the rifter on building super hero hideouts/villian hideouts/bases. Yes some of this appears in rifters, but it's scattered over 50 books and none of it is 'canon'. Take it all and throw it in here. Maybe a section on "Strange settings" and "Strange alternate uses for powers". This book could be a huge book used as a 'catch all' to help round out the other two.

These would be my hopes.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Ultimate Powers Unlimited would be a great one!
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Definitely a tech or hardware book. That's a category that needs some good love.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Honestly I would like to see magic expanded, both additional spell-caster classes, and new spells with a heroic/super hero theme. Not more Mystically Bestowed, or more Magic Weapons, Heroic Wielders of Magic.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

There's an entire like 300+ page book of magic though. All you'd get with that is those same exact spells, converted to SDC. Which we can do our selves, and save 1) Money buying it and 2) A slot for a book with something we need.

Also, more spells, while not a bad thing, is one thing for one .. 4th of one power class? It'd be very specific for a very small subset of the HU universe.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

there is a good basis in one of the rifters for more magic classes, and that conversion is something we can do, I was new spells, not reprints, spells that are better themed to the heroes universe
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

New Magic classes in the rifter? Which ones would those be? (( I have all the rifters but it's been a while on some of them.))

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Pepsi Jedi wrote:New Magic classes in the rifter? Which ones would those be? (( I have all the rifters but it's been a while on some of them.))

Rifter #46 has several new magic classes for Heroes.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

13eowulf wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:New Magic classes in the rifter? Which ones would those be? (( I have all the rifters but it's been a while on some of them.))

Thank you. I'll get it off the shelf when I finish my ice cream. It's HOT here.

Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Hardware Unlimited
Chapter 1: Para-Millitary Equipment.
Chapter 2: Gimmicked Gear
Chapter 3: Vehicle's

Science Unlimited
Chapter 1: Robots
Chapter 2: Cyborgs
Chapter 3: Mad Science

Ultimate Powers
Chapter 1: Advanced Mega Heroes
Chapter 2: Cosmic Heroes
Chapter 3: Divine Heroes
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Hardware Unlimited: So, guns and cars and stuff? Ehhhhh... While an upgrade on the guns and stuff we have now wouldn't hurt, most of the heroes in HU aren't the punisher. I'd only see limited use out of that.

"Science" Unlimited sounds like "Rifts Bionics, - the MDC. I'd love some Mad Sciencce, but I'd be afraid they'd just cut and paste the bionics from the ... Bionic book and the robots from sourcebook one and give it to us as a 'new' book.

If we could get 100% revision and new stuff. Maybe... but sourcebook 1 isn't that old. I think we'd just get SDC conversions of those.

Ultimate powers.
1: You need STRONGER Mega heroes? lol
2: Again, you need STRONGER SUPER Mega heroes?
3: We have the Immortal class in Pu2.

Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

#1 Technology Unlimited
- It would cover Hardware, Bionics, and Robot characters more in depth.
- Lists of things you can buy for bionics, robots, or hardware inventions.
- Have modern and futuristic weapons, vehicles (from cars up to military vehicles), and equipment.

#2 Heroes Unlimited Ultimate Edition
- Includes rules in a clean streamlined fashion (rules were organized well before).
- Include weather rules.
- Include all character types from HU2, PU2, and Armageddon Unlimited.
- Have basic weapons, vehicles, and equipment in the back.
- Include all powers from HU2, PU1, and PU3. No need to have them in so many different books.
- Include the skills from HU2, and possibly some from Rifts.

#3 Another Setting Book
- Due to CS being so good do another city in the same format.
- A more safe city that has its own Mutant Underground.
- This city could have more street level villians and heroes. No megas here, or only a couple who lead huge groups of weaker villians.
- Include some of the villians from Villians Unlimited. Like give Fabricators Inc a place of operation here.
- Instead of being on a large body of water it is divided by a large river instead.
-Have a few entry level adventures to run straight out of the book.
- 100 Adventure Ideas
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Hardware Unlimited: So, guns and cars and stuff? Ehhhhh... While an upgrade on the guns and stuff we have now wouldn't hurt, most of the heroes in HU aren't the punisher. I'd only see limited use out of that.

I can see your point but honestly I would put the least emphasis on the "para-military" equipment. It would be mostly for the mooks. While not every hero is punisher most enemies are HYDRA.

I would be most interested in the Gimmicked Equipment. Since almost every 'street' hero has some sort of super-sophisticated minature device that does something cool. Expand what an Electrical Hardware & Natural Genius can do in that respect.

Lastly every super hero who has toys have a super vehicle ;-). Expanded Vehical Hardware options.

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
"Science" Unlimited sounds like "Rifts Bionics, - the MDC. I'd love some Mad Sciencce, but I'd be afraid they'd just cut and paste the bionics from the ... Bionic book and the robots from sourcebook one and give it to us as a 'new' book.

If we could get 100% revision and new stuff. Maybe... but sourcebook 1 isn't that old. I think we'd just get SDC conversions of those.

I share the same fear unfortunetly. Alot of it would likely be a reprint. Although I would like more mad science.

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Ultimate powers.
1: You need STRONGER Mega heroes? lol
2: Again, you need STRONGER SUPER Mega heroes?
3: We have the Immortal class in Pu2.

[/quote]

Are you reading Avengers vs X-Men? Did you read Sinestro Wars? Did you read Annihilation? How about Siege?

What i'm saying is that yes. If I don't have options for world shattering super beings, I'm more 'limited' than I need to be.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

I enjoy these threads. Here a couple that are the same thing basically.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=124128

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=128957
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Juce734 wrote:I enjoy these threads. Here a couple that are the same thing basically.

Actually, this thread gives me another idea: A Super Spy book! Let's see the Palladium version of a Super heroic Spy Agency, their gadgets, gear, vehicles, etc, along with their enemy!
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

Mediapig71 wrote:
Juce734 wrote:I enjoy these threads. Here a couple that are the same thing basically.

Actually, this thread gives me another idea: A Super Spy book! Let's see the Palladium version of a Super heroic Spy Agency, their gadgets, gear, vehicles, etc, along with their enemy!

Wouldn't that be for Ninjas and Superspies? I own that book but haven't read it really.
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Juce734 wrote:
Mediapig71 wrote:

Wouldn't that be for Ninjas and Superspies? I own that book but haven't read it really.

Could be for both, I guess! But Superspies, and mega organizations like SHIELD, HYDRA, COBRA, etc. are comic book staples, and definitely belong in the Heroes Unlimited universe, in my opinion.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

You can create super organizations with the Villians Unlimited book. It has all sorts of ways to create some like Fabricators Inc. my personal favorite villian faction.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

AU: Antorian Empire (was promised in a AU book.)
Hardware Unlimited

These are the only two that come to mind and were ether mentioned in a book or a hot topic here in the BBS.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Juce734 wrote:You can create super organizations with the Villians Unlimited book. It has all sorts of ways to create some like Fabricators Inc. my personal favorite villian faction.

I do like the Fabricators a lot, but I must admit, I don;t really like the organization rules. I'd rather just see a fully fleshed out super spy agency, either to use as is, or to serve as an example for your own creations.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Tech Book - For Bionics, Robotics & Hardware
Atorian Empire - Yes, I Technically have this, but I wish I could share in the coolness of it with all of you
Any of the books then Glen Evans is working on.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Mediapig71 wrote:

*Hands you Ninja's and SUPERSPIES* Here ya go. lol

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Tech Book - For Bionics, Robotics & Hardware
Atorian Empire - Yes, I Technically have this, but I wish I could share in the coolness of it with all of you

Thanks for the love :hug: .
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Reagren Wright wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Tech Book - For Bionics, Robotics & Hardware

Thanks for the love :hug: .

Just remember me in the credits! :D
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
13eowulf wrote:

I checked it out. You're right there are some new ones there. I'm getting sort of a "Really weak Dresdon' Vibe off one or two of them. lol. Intresting things there though. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure how many people would go for those over the other "Easier to use" Types but they are other 'options'. I like the concept of being a more modern day mage. And those presented do seem more street level than 'COSMICALLY POWERED MAGICIAN". I just am unsure how many would embrace them.

Anyone play one of the magic classes out of the Rifter 46? How'd it go?

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
13eowulf wrote:

I checked it out. You're right there are some new ones there. I'm getting sort of a "Really weak Dresdon' Vibe off one or two of them. lol. Intresting things there though. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure how many people would go for those over the other "Easier to use" Types but they are other 'options'. I like the concept of being a more modern day mage. And those presented do seem more street level than 'COSMICALLY POWERED MAGICIAN". I just am unsure how many would embrace them.

Anytime :D
I have not had the opportunity to play one, but I do like them (and would like to play one at some point), and, getting back to the theme of the thread, feel that there could be enough material for a full Magic based sourcebook for Heroes, not a list of spells like the Rifts Book of Magic (although some NEW spells would be nice, themed for a Heroes world instead of converted Rifts/Fantasy spells).

Then again, I realize this may be a pipe-dream as I agree, the amount of people who would embrace those classes. or a book like this. is in question.

I would like to mention that most 'Comic Book' magic users are not Dr. Fate/Doctor Strange level of power...
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

I've wanted to try writing an HU book. Just unsure of where to begin and what to try and tackle.
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Well, it definitely seems like a lot of people are in favor of a Heroes Unlimited: Ultimate Edition. Palladium, are you listening? :)
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

1. Psionics Unlimited (with a mild revamp to compete with super powers)
2. Magic Unlimited (again with a mild revamp)
3. Ultimate Powers Unlimited (a rework of PU 1, 2 and 3)
4. Heroes Unlimited Ultimate Edition
5. Machines Unlimited (with details of super invention, hardware characters, bionics and robotics)
6. Training Unlimited (a book that explores the 'non-powered' guys)

I like the Oceans Unlimited idea. The thoughts of a city under the water appeals to me.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Mephisto wrote:Not a conversion but more of a discussion, Dr Strange, Agatha Harkness, Shaman, Amanda Sefton, and Dr Doom have wildly varied magical abilities that are really difficult to mold into HU2's magic power category. In HU2, magic really takes second place to technology (either experiments, weapons, science, transportation) so both magic and to a lesser degree psionics are forgotten means to power. So the level of power would reflect that.

Armageddon Unlimited kind of addressed this, as most supernatural threats are treated as mad science monsters or mutants, not beings from other dimensions (the existence of aliens is kind of thrown under the rug as well thanks to Project Tyche and SHOCK). So more powerful magical characters than Mystic Study would likely draw power from an alien being and/or dimension to account for the lack of mystic knowledge in HU2 (unless you are like me and have a Unified Earth setting where HU2 is the front page news headline battles between powerful and obviously advanced forces like the Masters of Speed vs SCRET or the JP Gang running a chop shop outfit that draws the attention of the media courtesy of the Detroit Defenders; the secret battle between organizations ala N&S, where the spies infiltrate and stop planned weapon and biological attacks and would-be science terrors; and BTS2, the shadow war between supernatural beings and those rare enough to encounter, engage and exterminate, all under the noses of those watching Brittania fighting Nazi war criminals over the skies of London).

A Mega version of Enchanted Object could be such a class, with say three options (Mega Familiar/Minion, Mega Object (such as a pair of gloves), or Mega Property/Location (such as the Fountain of Youth). Although the Mega Object would be immensely powerful, the conditions for owning something like that would be steep indeed. One of the things that would make it interesting is that the enchanted object would be actively alive and suggestive to the character, unlike less powerful enchanted objects where the object is relatively static and alignment neutral. It would also allow other dimensional beings to access the characters dimension through the Enchanted Object, with potentially unforseen consequences. I think that's the best way to handle characters that would have power much greater than Mystic Study and the classes of Modern Mage and Digital Sorcerer, since Real Time Caster is meant to be extremely weak as is the New Age Oracle.

You are correct. While the game Rifts addresses the problem and perhaps Palladium Fantasy, HU2 does not address the lack of power balance. In addition the powers are scattered among several books and needs to be pulled together. There needs to be rules on how the other power categories react to magic both physically and psychologically.
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Zenvis wrote:
Mephisto wrote:Not a conversion but more of a discussion, Dr Strange, Agatha Harkness, Shaman, Amanda Sefton, and Dr Doom have wildly varied magical abilities that are really difficult to mold into HU2's magic power category. In HU2, magic really takes second place to technology (either experiments, weapons, science, transportation) so both magic and to a lesser degree psionics are forgotten means to power. So the level of power would reflect that.

Armageddon Unlimited kind of addressed this, as most supernatural threats are treated as mad science monsters or mutants, not beings from other dimensions (the existence of aliens is kind of thrown under the rug as well thanks to Project Tyche and SHOCK). So more powerful magical characters than Mystic Study would likely draw power from an alien being and/or dimension to account for the lack of mystic knowledge in HU2 (unless you are like me and have a Unified Earth setting where HU2 is the front page news headline battles between powerful and obviously advanced forces like the Masters of Speed vs SCRET or the JP Gang running a chop shop outfit that draws the attention of the media courtesy of the Detroit Defenders; the secret battle between organizations ala N&S, where the spies infiltrate and stop planned weapon and biological attacks and would-be science terrors; and BTS2, the shadow war between supernatural beings and those rare enough to encounter, engage and exterminate, all under the noses of those watching Brittania fighting Nazi war criminals over the skies of London).

A Mega version of Enchanted Object could be such a class, with say three options (Mega Familiar/Minion, Mega Object (such as a pair of gloves), or Mega Property/Location (such as the Fountain of Youth). Although the Mega Object would be immensely powerful, the conditions for owning something like that would be steep indeed. One of the things that would make it interesting is that the enchanted object would be actively alive and suggestive to the character, unlike less powerful enchanted objects where the object is relatively static and alignment neutral. It would also allow other dimensional beings to access the characters dimension through the Enchanted Object, with potentially unforseen consequences. I think that's the best way to handle characters that would have power much greater than Mystic Study and the classes of Modern Mage and Digital Sorcerer, since Real Time Caster is meant to be extremely weak as is the New Age Oracle.

You are correct. While the game Rifts addresses the problem and perhaps Palladium Fantasy, HU2 does not address the lack of power balance. In addition the powers are scattered among several books and needs to be pulled together. There needs to be rules on how the other power categories react to magic both physically and psychologically.

They tend to blast it or squish it from my experience.

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I don't need Rift's 2000+ Spells reprinted in SDC format for a small subsection of the HU universe. If you want more spells grab those and covert them. lol Many of them can even be found in one tome, collected. There's alreadyy the "Book of Magic" I don't need a 'Book of Sdc" Magic, that with Palladium, (( I love um but you know it's true)) will be 85-95% just cuts and pasts with sdc stats and maybe 15-5% new stuff.

Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Zenvis wrote:

They tend to blast it or squish it from my experience.

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I don't need Rift's 2000+ Spells reprinted in SDC format for a small subsection of the HU universe. If you want more spells grab those and covert them. lol Many of them can even be found in one tome, collected. There's alreadyy the "Book of Magic" I don't need a 'Book of Sdc" Magic, that with Palladium, (( I love um but you know it's true)) will be 85-95% just cuts and pasts with sdc stats and maybe 15-5% new stuff.

Knowing what spells are appropriate takes time to go through. I have had spells from other worlds or that were written for other worlds that really didn't work for HU2 and to have a more cannon collection would be nice; something to emphasis the magic of Heroes Unlimited.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I'd really like to see more comic book psionics and a revamp of how ISP works or regenerates in Heroes.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Daniel Stoker wrote:I'd really like to see more comic book psionics and a revamp of how ISP works or regenerates in Heroes.

Daniel Stoker

Aren't most comic book psionics used pretty much for Telepathy, and telekinesis? Past that aren't they usually just 'powers' that are called psionic?

Daniel Stoker
Knight

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Aren't most comic book psionics used pretty much for Telepathy, and telekinesis? Past that aren't they usually just 'powers' that are called psionic?

The basics are there but what you can do with them certainly aren't at all like what you see in most comic. Wouldn't it be nice to actually use Telepathy to read someone's mind? You used to be able to do that in the old HU Revised version of the power, Hydrokenesis also let you do things like walk on water, it'd be nice to use Telekinesis to fly if you were 'strong enough' etc.

Daniel Stoker
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

There are many 'iconic' psionic abilities that either do not exist in Palladium, or do not function in the 'classic' manner. However I have found that there are a great many fan made powers that fill these gaps. I would like to see these powers adopted into official material. Like one or two of the Telekinetic Flight powers out there.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

13eowulf wrote:There are many 'iconic' psionic abilities that either do not exist in Palladium, or do not function in the 'classic' manner. However I have found that there are a great many fan made powers that fill these gaps. I would like to see these powers adopted into official material. Like one or two of the Telekinetic Flight powers out there.

What iconic psionic abilitys aren't in Palladium? (( Not being snarky. I'm asking)))

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Telekinetic Flight
Telepathy as in 'Ripping thoughts from someones mind against their will'
Long Range Telepathic Communication
Tactile Telekinesis (the focusing of TK energy inwards to temporarily enhance physical attributes)

These are some of what I refer to.

And some would say to just create them, and to that I say 'I have', but that does not negate the fact that they are missing from official material, and I dislike that.

Edit: That sounded sharp and not nice, apologies, I did not mean it to. :)
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Hell I'd like the telepathy from the old Heroes unlimited where you could spend 6 extra ISP to do a deep scan. Bring in some of the illusion abilities for psionics from the old Palladium Fantasy too while we're at it.

Daniel Stoker
Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Cobalt-Blue »

Ultropolis setting book.
Victory City setting book.
A revised 3rd Edition that incorporates HU, PU 1,2, &3.
Who are we?! We're the North Ashwood first string football team and cheering squad! Prepare to get your butts kicked!"

South Ashwood? Nah we wouldn't go there. They have too much of a problem with roving boy-bands having dance offs.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

Juce734 wrote:#1 Technology Unlimited
- Have modern and futuristic weapons, vehicles (from cars up to military vehicles), and equipment.

- Includes rules in a clean streamlined fashion (rules were organized well before).
- Include weather rules.
- Include all powers from HU2, PU1, and PU3. No need to have them in so many different books.

#3 Another Setting Book
- This city could have more street level villians and heroes. No megas here, or only a couple who lead huge groups of weaker villians.
- Include some of the villians from Villians Unlimited. Like give Fabricators Inc a place of operation here.
- Instead of being on a large body of water it is divided by a large river instead.
- 100 Adventure Ideas

I still like my ideas from before but have been thinking why not make individual books for each Character Category similiar to how some other lines do it. Some lines have Fighters, Rogues, etc. source books. Palladium could do this for character generation which would be cool I think.

Technology Unlimited [HU Player Handbook]- It would cover Hardware, Bionics, Robot, Eugenics, and Super Invention characters more in depth.
- Lists of things you can buy.
- Have modern and futuristic weapons, vehicles (from cars up to military vehicles), and equipment. (Include some toned down things from Rifts into an SDC setting)

Skilled Unlimited (Needs a better name) [HU Player Handbook]
-Could cover Special Training, Physical Training, and Weapon Training more in depth.
-Could include all new Special Training categories.
-Could include unique equipment that a human super hero would need to keep up with the super powered.
-Revised set of skills and maybe even quicker skill selection by OCC.

Powered Unlimited (Needs a better name) [HU Player Handbook]
-Could cover Mutants, Experiments, Empowered, Psionics, Symbiotic, and Gestalts more in depth.
-Includes all powers from PU1-PU3, Armageddon Unlimited, and any others that would work.
-Refines the table to one big table with broken down groups of powers like kittenstomps table I believe.

Megas Unlimited (Needs a better name) [HU Player Handbook]
-Could cover Standard Megas, Immortals, and Natural Genius more in depth.
-Includes all extra abilities due to being a mega.
-Includes all the achilles heels of being a Mega.
-Could include ways to play Megas and ways to GM Megas.

Can't forget I want more setting books, maybe an Adventures Unlimited book, and Villians Unlimited 2. There is still so much that can be done with the Heroes Unlimited line. Hope we see more soon.
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

Heroes Unlimited Ultimate Edition: (Yes, I'm bandwagoning). I'd say have it include all three PU books, because powers *are* the main draw of comic books.

Heroes Unlimited Atlas: Maps of HU Earth, including fictional cities, fictional nations, etc. Make a world setting and enforce it, but leave enough room for players to plunk down their own homemade cities or nations too. Marvel would be bland without Latveria, Symkaria, and Wakanda. DC would be nothing with Metropolis, Gotham, and Themyscira. In my opinion, what's holding HU back is that it doesn't have anything holding it together. (Put another way... what's Rifts without the CS, Federation of Magic, or Lazlo?)

Heroes Unlimited: Most Wanted: A book full of nothing but heroes and villains to populate the aforementioned world. Make it live. Hundreds of heroes and villains worthy of the name (few joke characters like Static Man), and at all power levels. Better yet: at every power level. By that, I mean make them level 1, and give "level up" instructions so the GM can make them at any point of their career... except for a few, preselected heavy hitters (the Magnetos and Supermans of this world).

Extra credit: A Heroes Unlimited monthly comic book. (Heroes Unlimited: The Next Level In Comics)
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Juce734 wrote:
Juce734 wrote:#1 Technology Unlimited

- Include weather rules.

#3 Another Setting Book
- 100 Adventure Ideas

I still like my ideas from before but have been thinking why not make individual books for each Character Category similiar to how some other lines do it. Some lines have Fighters, Rogues, etc. source books. Palladium could do this for character generation which would be cool I think.

Technology Unlimited [HU Player Handbook]- It would cover Hardware, Bionics, Robot, Eugenics, and Super Invention characters more in depth.
- Lists of things you can buy.
- Have modern and futuristic weapons, vehicles (from cars up to military vehicles), and equipment. (Include some toned down things from Rifts into an SDC setting)

Skilled Unlimited (Needs a better name) [HU Player Handbook]
-Could cover Special Training, Physical Training, and Weapon Training more in depth.
-Could include all new Special Training categories.
-Could include unique equipment that a human super hero would need to keep up with the super powered.
-Revised set of skills and maybe even quicker skill selection by OCC.

Powered Unlimited (Needs a better name) [HU Player Handbook]
-Could cover Mutants, Experiments, Empowered, Psionics, Symbiotic, and Gestalts more in depth.
-Includes all powers from PU1-PU3, Armageddon Unlimited, and any others that would work.
-Refines the table to one big table with broken down groups of powers like kittenstomps table I believe.

Megas Unlimited (Needs a better name) [HU Player Handbook]
-Could cover Standard Megas, Immortals, and Natural Genius more in depth.
-Includes all extra abilities due to being a mega.
-Includes all the achilles heels of being a Mega.
-Could include ways to play Megas and ways to GM Megas.

Can't forget I want more setting books, maybe an Adventures Unlimited book, and Villians Unlimited 2. There is still so much that can be done with the Heroes Unlimited line. Hope we see more soon.

Where is the love for Magic based heroes?
Yes AgU expanded the Mystically Bestowed a fair bit, and added some Weapons and Objects of Power... But what about the Mystic Study? And there is still so much that can be done with the Mystically Bestowed...

I said it before and I will say it again, we need a Magic Unlimited book (however what we DONT need is a reprint of all the spells from the Book of Magic, that would be a Cop-Out)
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

13eowulf wrote:
Juce734 wrote:
Juce734 wrote:#1

Where is the love for Magic based heroes?
Yes AgU expanded the Mystically Bestowed a fair bit, and added some Weapons and Objects of Power... But what about the Mystic Study? And there is still so much that can be done with the Mystically Bestowed...

I said it before and I will say it again, we need a Magic Unlimited book (however what we DONT need is a reprint of all the spells from the Book of Magic, that would be a Cop-Out)

Personally I am not a fan of Magic and Psionics.

I like the magic much more than psionics though. I'd buy a magic book for HU. It could cover tons of things like Magic Weapons, Magic Items, different types of magic characters, and include all of the core spells. I would want all of the magic in there as well as all of the other stuff. That way when making a magic character I have everything in one book.

I wouldn't use psionics or magic book very often probably.

Heroes Unlimited Ultimate Edition (for me) would be rules to play the game and very basic character generation. Basic core abilities and such too. Much like it is now with more of the rules needed to play the game.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Hardware Unlimited
Adventures Unlimited
Adventures Unlimited 2
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
PhellaOne
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 3-73 Cavalry. Leading the way! Airborne!!!
All hail CJ, Future Ruler of the Megavesre!

Unread post by PhellaOne »

1.) Hardware Unlimited.

2.) Magic Unlimited.

3.) Factions Unlimited.

:bandit:
All will bow to CJ, Future Ruler of the Megaverse!

"Storytellas Studios... that's how we imagined it!"
http://www.storytellasstudios.com (I've bought and registered the domain, next is buying the servers!)
StorytellasStudios@groups.live.com for now.

Game on! Long live Palladium Books!!!
Xbox Live gamertag: xX PhellaOne Xx
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

1) HU Ultimate Edition: Lets get a better lay out though
2) Hardware Unlimited
3) Nursery-still waiting on that one
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Cobalt-Blue »

KillWatch wrote:1) HU Ultimate Edition: Lets get a better lay out though
2) Hardware Unlimited

Nursery?
Who are we?! We're the North Ashwood first string football team and cheering squad! Prepare to get your butts kicked!"

South Ashwood? Nah we wouldn't go there. They have too much of a problem with roving boy-bands having dance offs.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Cobalt-Blue wrote:
KillWatch wrote:1) HU Ultimate Edition: Lets get a better lay out though
2) Hardware Unlimited

Nursery?

Mentioned in Century Station near the Sector Squad write-up (and Grammercy Island somewhere IIRC) as a supers breeding/training program that belongs to The Sector. There was a book announced in the works at one point but now seems to have dropped of the radar.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”