Looking for your help.

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Epically
Explorer

Looking for your help.

Unread post by Epically »

Hey guys, long time no post.

I'm starting yet another campaign this weekend and I needed some help with some ideas.

So the setting is going to be a funky, random, "hollywood" nothing seems ridiculous setting. What I mean by that is it's not hard to blow something up, things do more/less damage than they should, etc....

However one thing I'm doing is a continued character progression through the use of objects and activities. Work out for a month? Gain +2 PS, +1 PE and +5 Spd. Find NVGs? +2 perception at night, no negatives to strike, but no periphial vision.
So what I'm looking for is activites, items or even combination of items that could boost your character. These things can be wacky, and shouldn't make much sense, but will be fun. For example, placing a crosshair weapon sight on a 9mm browning for a +2 to strike.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm in a rush and I typed it out as quickly as I could.
Wooly
Adventurer

Re: Looking for your help.

Unread post by Wooly »

What is a "crosshair weapon sight"?
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

That is an Trijicon ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsights) a telescopic sight with an illuminated reticle with a red dot sight ontop.

A telescopic sight on a semiautomatic handgun is pretty much worthless. It is hard to obtain proper eye relief without a buttshock to rest your cheek on. It requires a specialy fabricated rail to mount the scope on that sits over the slide so the pistol can still cycle. More trouble than it is worth considering that pistol cartidges aren't designed to be very effective at distances much past 50 yards.

Most handguns are used at conversational distances (under 10 ft) where they are adequate but not ideal. If I had to put a sight on a pistol it would be a red dot type directly installed onto a dovetailed slide. I also would choose a beefier caliber like .45 ACP.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Epically
Explorer

I think you're missing the point of my first post....
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Have your people work to establish money and build a secret hideaway. Or build a getaway vehicle. or train a personal army.
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

I like the vehicle build idea. You should do it A-TEAM style. :bandit:
ZombieSlayer01
D-Bee

Unread post by ZombieSlayer01 »

Where are you going to have your campaign set at? A town or a city or the country side? Location wise?
ZS01
Epically
Explorer

Setting is everywhere. Not limited to anywhere.

Return to “Dead Reign™”