What would be the COOLEST way for Karl Prosek to die?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dunia
Adventurer

Re: What would be the COOLEST way for Karl Prosek to die?

Unread post by Dunia »

...And after you have killed him in any one of these ways, we wait a few years and World Book: 40 Coalition War Campaign 2 is printed. Where you will read that he one day steps out of the shower and that it was all a dream and nothing much have happened. He is even meaner and more scheming nowadays and he is fighting Atlantis, FoM, Naruni (Not the company on Earth, but the entire race) and he is winning. Also while he was "dead" he singlehandedly destroyed the Xitici.

And the big question "Who shot Prosek?" is resolved

Assassin: I roll a natural twenty, with my Death blow that makes 79 SDC damage, now that he is not wearing any armor.
Karl Prosek: damn, what an attack, lets see: 58 Hit Points, 20 SDC...damn...I ...urgh...arrrgh.
GM: So Emperor Prosek looks at you one last time, then falls over and down on the floor, the blood starts to cover the area directly below the throne.
GM: As you stand over the remains of the most powerful man in the Americas, and you watch him draw his last breath, you can not but hear the soldiers rushing towards the throne room.
Assassin: I make a quick escape.
GM: ...and just in time...
Karl Prosek: Now that he is gone, I roll my "Save vs. Things I do not want to happen to me or the Coalition States." Oh an 1.
GM: With your bonuses and the fact that you are a Master Villain and with the additional bonuses from "Being the most beloved by the powers that be" you make it and did not die, infact you were not in the throne room, but in the shower, so when you come out to the throne room, you see a doll that looks like you is lying on the floor drenched in raspberry lemonade.
Karl Prosek: Oh! I look around at all the soldiers and smile, convincing them that this is really the work of Lazlo and orders them to prepare to annihilate that city of free thinkers.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Dunia wrote:...And after you have killed him in any one of these ways, we wait a few years and World Book: 40 Coalition War Campaign 2 is printed. Where you will read that he one day steps out of the shower and that it was all a dream and nothing much have happened. He is even meaner and more scheming nowadays and he is fighting Atlantis, FoM, Naruni (Not the company on Earth, but the entire race) and he is winning. Also while he was "dead" he singlehandedly destroyed the Xitici.

And the big question "Who shot Prosek?" is resolved

Assassin: I roll a natural twenty, with my Death blow that makes 79 SDC damage, now that he is not wearing any armor.
Karl Prosek: damn, what an attack, lets see: 58 Hit Points, 20 SDC...damn...I ...urgh...arrrgh.
GM: So Emperor Prosek looks at you one last time, then falls over and down on the floor, the blood starts to cover the area directly below the throne.
GM: As you stand over the remains of the most powerful man in the Americas, and you watch him draw his last breath, you can not but hear the soldiers rushing towards the throne room.
Assassin: I make a quick escape.
GM: ...and just in time...
Karl Prosek: Now that he is gone, I roll my "Save vs. Things I do not want to happen to me or the Coalition States." Oh an 1.
GM: With your bonuses and the fact that you are a Master Villain and with the additional bonuses from "Being the most beloved by the powers that be" you make it and did not die, infact you were not in the throne room, but in the shower, so when you come out to the throne room, you see a doll that looks like you is lying on the floor drenched in raspberry lemonade.
Karl Prosek: Oh! I look around at all the soldiers and smile, convincing them that this is really the work of Lazlo and orders them to prepare to annihilate that city of free thinkers.

*LAUGHS* Simply delightful in the imagery there and plot in general.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Coalition States Insurance: "Be As Bad As You Wanna Be; Don't Pay the Consequences."

Now here's a REALLY evil thought; dictators in history have tended to, early in the careers, had phenomenonal good fortune, in persuading people, surviving assassination(Hitler and the bomb under the table), and such like, before going morass-up and meeting indiginity. What if it isn't just good luck happening to bad people, but the machinations of something more sinister and supernatural? But thus far, such a creature, operating far more subtly than most supernaturals, hasn't had the PPE available to it for more sustained and potent efforts, so eventually it runs out of juice and/or its attention wanes, and its blood-soaked puppet falls.
Now comes the Rifts, and the Coalition States, and PPE is abundant, and the vicious critter(s) are empowered....
Wouldn't it be ironic if Karl owed his good fortune to an evil supernatural patron? :twisted:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”