Fantasy Ultimate Edition

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Gthomas41571
D-Bee

Re: Fantasy Ultimate Edition

Unread post by Gthomas41571 »

Well 1st off all major cities and capitals listed for each. Kingdom along with the nobility of each house, just basic infoand stats, and general mentallity
And keep the character creation in the front of the book like someonelse said allong with all tables..
Also add all O.C.C and playable races in to one book, not 13 books, more Tristian chronacles, but not complete, that would take the fun out of it lol
And more history on the T.O.T.M, Elf Dwarf wars ect..
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Gthomas41571 wrote:Well 1st off all major cities and capitals listed for each. Kingdom along with the nobility of each house, just basic infoand stats, and general mentallity

That sounds like me.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

I would prefer they finished the Magic books and updated the books not yet second edition so all books were up to date before they went making an Ultimate Edition for Palladium Fantasy.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

Gryphon Chick wrote:I would prefer they finished the Magic books and updated the books not yet second edition so all books were up to date before they went making an Ultimate Edition for Palladium Fantasy.

I am in this boat. Then when all of the books are 2nd edition start really working on the PFUE.

Palladium Fantasy Ultimate Edition (HUGE! Largest Page Count of Any Palladium Book)

Fix the shield issue that right now is house ruled in so many games. Make sure that it makes it beneficial to have a shield in some instances.

Fix many of the issues that so many have already touched upon in various threads here and on other boards.

Get rid of Ley Lines and don't make this the Rifts of Fantasy games. It is Palladium Fantasy and should stay Palladium Fantasy.

Expand the world outside of what is currently known just like it was originally intended. The magic wall can still be in place but having the rest of the world possible would open up the flood gates for ideas related to Palladium Fantasy.

Edit the book 10 times over before announcing anything about it. Don't give a release date until the book is ready to go to the printer.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

I am inclined to say please do not attempt this project. Get everything to second edition, fine, but leave it there. I say this because second edition did not greatly improve the game. And calling it the ultimate edition is a bit over the top. Fix the errors but without a lot of playtesting the new rules will almost certainly drag the game down. I love this game, and that is why I say what I say.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

They should fix and update the books they have, not add more incomplete garbage.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Unread post by Sir Dellis »

I am not interested in a PFPRG:UE - I am still waiting for Yin Sloth, Island at the Edge of the World, and the rest of 1st edition to be made into 2nd Edition. Still waiting for Old Kingdoms....still waiting on..well, any PFRPG book to be published...3 books since 2002...color me disappointed
ZorValachan
Adventurer

Unread post by ZorValachan »

I guess I am opposite. I am still waiting for Western Empire, LotD 1+ 2, Northern Hinterlands, etc. to be converted back to 1st edition :)
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

well, neither will happen to be totally honest...KS has forsaken the fantasy line of the gaming system to produce more Rifts books and other game lines...they "say" that they are going to get 2 books out next year....well, that sent me rolling to the floor - i guess next year for them is 2014/2015...

just no faith anymore for KS and them to ever publish anything for PFRPG...someone suggested in a different thread about writing a snail mail letter to Kevin....I think I just might
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

They have been putting out the Mysteries of Magic books which are written for PFRPG, just no settings books in a looonng time now.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:They have been putting out the Mysteries of Magic books which are written for PFRPG, just no settings books in a looonng time now.

I wish but alas that is one 96 page book released over 3 years ago. LotD2 before that was over ten IIRC.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

Has a freelancer taken on any Fantasy projects?

Maybe none of the freelancers have been attempting to do Fantasy. All Kevin needs is a new Bill Coffin. Someone who is willing to write Fantasy and submit a creative manuscript.

I know some people around here submit great Rifter articles that could tackle a project like a full book. They would more than likely be very successful at it too.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Sir Dellis
Explorer

LotD - 2002
Wolfen Wars - 2003 (if you even count this because it is just 2 1st edition books combined into 1 2nd edition book)
MoM - 2009

Now I realize that bad things have happened to PB in this time, but..."COME ON, MAN!"....
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Sir Dellis wrote:LotD - 2002
Wolfen Wars - 2003 (if you even count this because it is just 2 1st edition books combined into 1 2nd edition book)
MoM - 2009

Now I realize that bad things have happened to PB in this time, but..."COME ON, MAN!"....

It's not just that "bad things have happened to PB in this time", it's that they literally live from book to book, and often have to lay off a couple of the five person staff for a month or two each year.. The economy has been rough enough that they haven't been able to afford to risk working on a book that isn't guaranteed to be sell "X" number of copies, and as awesome as Palladium Fantasy is, it doesn't have the fan base that RIFTS does.

That said, it is also contingent on good manuscripts being submitted. Since PF is Kev's baby, few freelancers have tried to delve into it; I'm trying to work on a revamp of The Tombs of Gersidi (it would be a full book in and of itself, probably at least 96 pages), but I'm primarily an art guy these days, so the work is slow, and the priority is on my Fantasy Mini's packages, as they are Zero cost for Palladium (I'm doing all the art and writing on spec, and it will be .pdf only packages for sale on DriveThruRPG.com).. After I've completed them, I may be able to shift gears to the writing.. Right now I'm still in the art and outline stage.

-Mike
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
MADMANMIKE

Oh, and don't forget Hades and Dyval; although they are RIFTS Dimension Books, they were written with S.D.C. stats included for use with Palladium Fantasy..
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The question is why all the rifters want to :crane: up the PF setting like RUE did to the Rifts setting?

Is it because they can't handle that canon chars only get 2 APM per melee to start or something else?

There are other forums for discussing those lines, please keep this one on PFRPG
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

About the only thing that mechanically changes whether starting with 2 or 4 is you get to do more stuff or have more stuff done to you during a paralysis spell for instance.

But I think I know what you’re trying to say here: say no to power creep.
Sir Dellis
Explorer

I realize Rifts has a larger fan base, but 1 quality PFPRG book a year is not too much to ask for from Kevin. He's cutting off his nose to spite his face when it comes to the fantasy side of the game and don't even get me started on the zombie game he published...that's 3-4 books right there that he could have made into PFRPG books...

LotD 3 and MoM 2 could have already been published and he could be working on the Old Kingdom, Land of the South Winds or something, anything....
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

t0m wrote:i would rather see effort placed primarily on the remaining world books before anything else.

Here here.....
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:They should fix and update the books they have, not add more incomplete garbage.

Lets see Old Kingdoms and the redo of Yin Sloth.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I want to see PFRPG books more than anyone but I have it realised that there wont be any written by KS as he's too busy attempting to run his business through Rifts (a necessity more than ignoring the line). I DO believe that all it would take is one decent freelancer to write a decent manuscript and you will see the line re-energised.

I do not know the ins and outs of the other suggested MoM books as I thought we may have had it in Mark Hall but alas...

Prysus has done a submission and we all know his Rifters articles are sweet!

And there were rumours of Carl Gleba doing something but these remain rumours for now...

Oh and Mike is right I do class Hades and Dyval is being PFRPG books, very important ones too, cant believe I forgot about them!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Sir Dellis wrote:I realize Rifts has a larger fan base, but 1 quality PFPRG book a year is not too much to ask for from Kevin. He's cutting off his nose to spite his face when it comes to the fantasy side of the game and don't even get me started on the zombie game he published...that's 3-4 books right there that he could have made into PFRPG books...

LotD 3 and MoM 2 could have already been published and he could be working on the Old Kingdom, Land of the South Winds or something, anything....

If the recent books (RT; new gen and Black Market)) are an example of the quality of books PB is publishing right now, then I don't want any new PF books right now. Not untill they get the quality issues corrected.

There are other forums for discussing those lines, please keep this one on PFRPG
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Specialize each class so that each OCC has a niche.
Add Techno-wizards! Alot of people already do, but add them officially.
EDIT!!!!!!!! Please for the love of god EDIT!!!!
DO NOT CUT AND PASTE!
Otherwise thats about all I can think of.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
tmbn
Wanderer

Unread post by tmbn »

gaaahhhh wrote:I would much rather have Land of the Damned 3, Old Kingdoms, Tombs of Gersidi, Land of the South Winds, Phi and Lopan, Yin Sloth Jungles 2nd edition, and the Mysteries of Magic books first. It could be cool, except KEEP CHARACTER CREATION IN THE FRONT OF THE BOOK!!!!

I vote on this. I would probably not buy this kind of book since I am still running 1st ed. Other books would be great!
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

I look forward to this. If it comes out I'll run a PF game for sure. Just so long as they give the Men at Arms and Adventurer O.C.C.s the same attention that they gave the Wilderness Scout in R:UE.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Sir Dellis
Explorer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Sir Dellis wrote:I realize Rifts has a larger fan base, but 1 quality PFPRG book a year is not too much to ask for from Kevin. He's cutting off his nose to spite his face when it comes to the fantasy side of the game and don't even get me started on the zombie game he published...that's 3-4 books right there that he could have made into PFRPG books...

If the recent books (RT; new gen and Black Market)) are an example of the quality of books PB is publishing right now, then I don't want any new PF books right now. Not untill they get the quality issues corrected.

Not sure who the "green" text is from - but I am personally only speaking of the other lines in the context of complaining about how little love the fantasy line gets compared to Rifts, etc, etc, etc....so yeah

back to my original thought, I wouldn't mind a Ultimate edition - moving all of the skills and optional OCCs/RCCs found in other books to one book would be awesome and I don't think it would take anything away from the existing books but before an Ultimate Edition comes out, we need more love...LotD 3, MoM 2 need to be published next year like it "says" they will be in the 2012-2013 catalog (not holding my breath on this actually happening)
VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by VR Dragon »

I would enjoy a PUE. Give how much has been released since that core book, how many new skills, psionic powers, and tweaks to magic I would really like it. If palladium does such a thing the player base is always free to use which ever edition they want.

I for one would enjoy some updates to the classes, maybe some more classes as well from other books made for an all SDC and mid evil setting, I still would like to see an magical enchanter class beyond the alchemist. Expanding the size of the world is always fun and good, never too much room unless you running a galaxy or 10.

I understand somewhat the resistance to change many players have for the setting, but some fresh air couldn't hurt since its all manageable as to what a GM wants to allow.
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mediapig71 »

Re-balance the classes a bit... give everyone some special abilities and toys. As it stands, many classes are just slightly improved versions of other classes. Paladins are knights but better, Assassins are Rogues but better... give the weaker versions another ability or two to make them fun to play.

Also, fix paired weapons. It's broken right now, in that it is always superior to fight with two weapons... there is no down side, you can simo-attack and defend, and your opponent can't, so you will pretty much always win. Maybe give a penalty to parry/dodge when using dual weapons, or something?
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

1. Functionality. Character creation needs to be easy to find and easy to follow. A two-page spread with all the essentials on it: perception, saving throws, experience points, and quick references to everything in the book.

2. Full-color artwork. The original and ultimate Rifts editions had this. Palladium Fantasy deserves it, too.

3. SDC Armor rules... basically, armor needs to matter more. When bonuses of +8 to strike are fairly common, every other hit will automatically bypass full plate. There are lots of ideas out there, but the Armor Rating system is, in my opinion, too susceptible to the inflation of bonuses that seems to have developed with each successive edition and sourcebook.

4. Include a sample adventure. I loved the Tombs of Gersidi.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

Parry Rules: Strong hand gets the bonus's and the weak hand gets a -1 penalty.

That might be a good way to handle that rule. Plus the shield rule needs to be beefed up some. I've seen some good ways to handle the shield rule.

My personal interests would be to include a map of the entire world outside of Palladium that shows where on it Palladium is. I think that would be awesome. No need to explain anything else about the other places outside of Palladium but a full globe of the planet would be great I think. Brief explainations would be fine just to get some ideas about those other regions but leaving those completely up to GMs to flesh out would be perfect.
MADMANMIKE

Come on guys, let's not get into the habit of wrongly abbreviating this not-yet-book with three letters that spell an exclamation for a disgusting smell; Palladium Fantasy RPG Ultimate Edition would be abbreviated as PFUE, not PUE...

I have no use for this notion of a negative to parry with the off hand; 360 days ago I was badly injured in an accident and had to train myself to do some basic things with my off hand, so I can tell you from experience that there should be no penalty for a trained warrior to use their off hand, it's no different. Ambidexterity can be taught/learned.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

I don't lie the use of the "Ultimate Edition" in the title cause of the way PB messed up Rifter with RUE. And that the words say "This is the last/best edition that will ever be." and with RUE that was a lie, because there are many mistakes in RUE.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”