Free Quebec Uniforms

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Free Quebec Uniforms

Unread post by Pox »

Anyone have an idea or opinion on what the colors of the dress uniforms for the Free Quebec military (WB 22 page 24) would be?

The only color references I've been able to find is that the body armor is a glossy black and that a white fleur-de-lis is used on non-standard armor except for the sùreté du Quebec uses green.

That's all I can find.

I'm assuming that the pants are a standard heavy duty fabric while the jacket is a leather like material though I'm also a bit at a loss as to what color/materials the buttons, pins and other accessories would be.

Any help would be nice.
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Free Quebec Uniforms

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

when they were with the CS, they probably used the same style as the rest of the CS, perhaps with just a bit less "nazi" styling.
i'd imagine that prior to them joinging the CS, and probably after they leave it, they used uniforms similar to the modern canadian military.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

He's asking for opinions on the ones that are already shown; not what they look like (we have BW drawings of them) but rather what the color scheme would be.

Theyre Frenchies; dark blue to go with the white fleur de lis.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Wait i thaght it whould be pink and purple if they where french, just kidding. It might be black and red or black and silver.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

The V-SAM uses black, white and Red! I love black an red.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

as was already mentioned, the traditional colours would be blue and white. especially if you go way back to when they were a french colony.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Since I'll be working on a Free Quebec Rapid Deployment Force sourcebook sometime this year, I've taken a look at this a little. Pretty much the two things that I've found have already been mentioned. The black and white (or green) and then the coloration of the V-SAM. I'll probably end up talking a little bit about this in the release.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Ninjabunny wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Since I'll be working on a Free Quebec Rapid Deployment Force sourcebook sometime this year, I've taken a look at this a little. Pretty much the two things that I've found have already been mentioned. The black and white (or green) and then the coloration of the V-SAM. I'll probably end up talking a little bit about this in the release.

:badbad: WAIT SOVIETSKI JAPAN TWO AND A FQ SOURCEBOOK!!! :badbad:

Yeah. hahaha
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Ninjabunny wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Since I'll be working on a Free Quebec Rapid Deployment Force sourcebook sometime this year, I've taken a look at this a little. Pretty much the two things that I've found have already been mentioned. The black and white (or green) and then the coloration of the V-SAM. I'll probably end up talking a little bit about this in the release.

Super!

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
ffranceschi
Adventurer

I think that the V-SAM is a very special unit with a very special color (special for FQ). Don't change the red please!

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:

Yeah. hahaha

Back to your computer with you *Cracks the whip*

Return to “Rifts®”