Skraypers Support?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Skraypers Support?

Unread post by DevastationBob »

Other than the main book, did Palladium do any Rifters or anything for this setting?
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Skraypers Support?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Nope.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Shame. Any homebrewed?
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Not that I've seen/heard about. I wish that particular dimension would get expanded upon.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Sadly I lost it long ago but there was a 'netbook' out there that went over what the tech in Scrapers would look like and borrowed a lot from the 'Earth Final Conflict' series for things like the communicator/cell phone devices.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Gazirra
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it.
-Groucho Marx

Unread post by Gazirra »

Daniel Stoker wrote:Sadly I lost it long ago but there was a 'netbook' out there that went over what the tech in Scrapers would look like and borrowed a lot from the 'Earth Final Conflict' series for things like the communicator/cell phone devices.

Daniel Stoker

Could this site have been it?

http://www.telluri.com/lin/palladium/
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mediapig71 »

ON a related note, how is Skraypers as a Heroes Unlimited Sourcebook? It's the only HU book I don;t have, but I have heard mixed things regarding it's utility.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

It seemed redundant to have, and the only real benefit to having it seemed to me to be the fact that the powers were translated to MDC, so I never bothered with it. It seems more like a Rifts sourcebook for converting Heroes Unlimited to Rifts, not the other way around.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

It can be well used in either HU, or Rifts as an additional galaxy in a space setting ie an aliens Unlimited or Phase World campaign.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Mediapig71 wrote:ON a related note, how is Skraypers as a Heroes Unlimited Sourcebook? It's the only HU book I don;t have, but I have heard mixed things regarding it's utility.

I liked it. I used it and the Tarloks for quite some time. I might have to acquire a copy now for the hell of it.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Gazirra wrote:Could this site have been it?

http://www.telluri.com/lin/palladium/

That.... could be it? The formatting is different from what I remember, but since that was apparently written in 1998 I'm not gonna trust my memory to far. But if it's not it's close enough for government work, thanks Gaz!!!

Daniel Stoker
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Mediapig71 wrote:ON a related note, how is Skraypers as a Heroes Unlimited Sourcebook? It's the only HU book I don;t have, but I have heard mixed things regarding it's utility.

It depends on if you want to play in the world of Scrapers or not. I had a lot of fun doing a 'Star Jammers' like adventure where Heroes from Earth got pulled in and felt they had to help try to overthrow the Tarlok. But if not there's not a lot there that you would really need.

Daniel Stoker
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

This is one of the books I don't have but I don't plan on running any space games.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mediapig71 »

I'm sure I'll get it either way... it's the only HU related book I don't have, so I have to complete the collection! But it's nice to know ahead of time what my expectations should be.

(Actually, I don't have Ninjas & Superspies either, which seems somewhat HU related to me.)
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

You could easily use the setting as a war torn setting with the pcs as heroic rebels against the oppressive Tarlock government . Actually, N&SS/Mystic China work well with all the modern day settings as additions/alternatives for martial arts, bionics and additional classes I loved to use it with HU and Nightbane. I hope to get new copies soon. My originals got lost in a move years ago.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I agree, Skraypers felt a lot like a one-and-done alternate HU setting that was compatible with Rifts. It had rules for everything in both SDC and MDC and could take stuff from Aliens Unlimited Galaxy Guides or Phase World fairly well. as a bridge I was impressed by how it worked, although the Rifts superpower conversions, have been supersceeded by the Revised conversion book one (which is much the same, but some nice tweaks, such as equated Extrodanary PS to Augmented and Superhuman PS to Robotic in rifts for MDC tables, rather than all three strength powers giving different levels of supernatural PS, that being reserved only for the major power)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Ehh yes it was only one book and its a shame as i felt a quite intriguing setting(i even posted somewhere an update on power choice based on following PU books...but feel like ages ago) and i thought it was open to many interesting development. It also was relatively moderate in term of power creep, and this for a superhero based sourcebook is quite surprising.
And while it had some tips for Rifts earth, it feel more like a HU setting, or at least a SDC setting. Is a good book, that deserved more love.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

It stated rules for putting it in the three Galaxies.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I'd like clarification on where that universe is supposed to exist. It would change a huge deal if it did exist in the Three Galaxies like it explained. That would make it kind of like Phase World 3.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

And alongside the Manhunters universe.
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Tor wrote:I'd like clarification on where that universe is supposed to exist. It would change a huge deal if it did exist in the Three Galaxies like it explained. That would make it kind of like Phase World 3.
I seem to recall the Seeron cluster lying just outside the 3G.
I don't think it would change a great deal Tor. It would simply add a couple of minor factions to the canvas. The Tarlock are iirc admirers of the Splugorth, and rivals to the Kreegor, the Seeronians would make good allies for the FWC or to a lesser extent the CCW and the Bhlaze are stated as being long time allies of the Cosmo-Knights. But of course this is just my take.

Edit: The Charizolon system where Seeron is located in the Corkscrew galaxy. It is still fairly un explored by the major communities in the three G. This is according to Scraypers pg 127,The Tarlok are familiar with Phase world and are attempting to establish trade on the planet. But the events occurring on Seeron are unknown to the major communities in the 3G.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”