Yay !!! Megaverse in Flames

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Yay !!! Megaverse in Flames

Unread post by Athos »

I see in Kev's latest update, they have now slid Megaverse in Flames to summer.

I think that is awesome, with any luck, it will be out in time for the Christmas Surprise Pack...

I mean just because Megaverse in Flames was supposed to be out in Fall of 2008... that was according to rifter 42, page 9; doesn't mean I am disappointed.

They are just trying to make Christmas 2013 special :)
Icefalcon
Champion

Re: Yay !!! Megaverse in Flames

Unread post by Icefalcon »

I wouldn't hold my breath for this book to be released this year.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I expect MiF to be out by years end. If they can do that it'll be what they are capable of as proven over the last few years and I'll be happy with that.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

I am sticking with my wait-and-see philosophy. I have been burned by anticipation far too many times to be hopeful.
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Athos wrote:I see in Kev's latest update, they have now slid Megaverse in Flames to summer.

I think that is awesome, with any luck, it will be out in time for the Christmas Surprise Pack...

I mean just because Megaverse in Flames was supposed to be out in Fall of 2008... that was according to rifter 42, page 9; doesn't mean I am disappointed.

You know if peoiple didnt wait untill the christmas specials to buy books when they basicly get them half off or better then maybe palladium wouldnt be so broke......course its half their fualt for offering books every year for half off for months but yeah....why not just buy it at cover price when it comes out to show it was something you wanted?
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Zamion138 wrote:
Athos wrote:I see in Kev's latest update, they have now slid Megaverse in Flames to summer.

You know if peoiple didnt wait untill the christmas specials to buy books when they basicly get them half off or better then maybe palladium wouldnt be so broke......course its half their fualt for offering books every year for half off for months but yeah....why not just buy it at cover price when it comes out to show it was something you wanted?

That;s what I do. Mind you I understand why others wait in order to get more bang for their buck. However PB is already one of the cheaper options out there as well to begin with.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I will calmly await the announcement of "Available NOW!", then I will call The Compleat Strategist a week later & confirm it's arrival. I'll reserve it until I can get ointo the city & pick it up.
Last edited by BookWyrm on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Icefalcon wrote:I wouldn't hold my breath for this book to be released this year.

Seconded. Yet not the first time PB has proven us wrong.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

Zamion138 wrote:

It's definitely not half off. I think I pay about $50 to get books that would normally cost $80 if I shopped online, which basically means they have no retailer in the middle taking a cut. If they had a lot of retailers, then I don't think they would run the Christmas Special. But since most stores no longer carry their products, why not cut out the middleman and sell direct to the public at the price they would have sold to a game store? It is one of the few smart things they actually do.

"Palladium wouldn't be so broke" as you put it if they ran their business like a business. IT IS all their fault, not just half. If they released the book 5 years ago when they promised I would have bought it by now. If they release it at Christmas, of course I am going to ask for it then, DUH !!!!
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Athos wrote:
Zamion138 wrote:

It's definitely not half off. I think I pay about $50 to get books that would normally cost $80 if I shopped online, which basically means they have no retailer in the middle taking a cut. If they had a lot of retailers, then I don't think they would run the Christmas Special. But since most stores no longer carry their products, why not cut out the middleman and sell direct to the public at the price they would have sold to a game store? It is one of the few smart things they actually do.

"Palladium wouldn't be so broke" as you put it if they ran their business like a business. IT IS all their fault, not just half. If they released the book 5 years ago when they promised I would have bought it by now. If they release it at Christmas, of course I am going to ask for it then, DUH !!!!

Yup. On both points. They made a smart move doing Christmas Specials because they created their own problem by people not carrying their products on the shelf due to their inability to produce product when they say they would. And who hurts? The fans. At least back in the day, I could thumb through a book and see if it was worth buying. Now, I have to wait till one of you yahoos buy it an post a review.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Kagashi wrote: one of you yahoos

HEY!!! I resemble that remark :D

\m/
BookWyrm
Champion

Kagashi wrote:one of you yahoos

"One of 'YOU' Yahoos"? Takes one to recognize, mate. ;-) (j/k)
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Well...yeah. :)
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I'm really looking forward to this book especially in light of how unexpectedly GOOD I found Dimensional Outbreak to be! Unfortunately, I'll reserve my excitement until it's ready for purchase, though a summer release does sound quite nice. ;)
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

deevils win in an unexpected fluke and it is all over.

Actually my prediction is that both sides take so much damage that they return to their eternal stalemate
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Chronicle wrote:deevils win in an unexpected fluke and it is all over.

Actually my prediction is that both sides take so much damage that they return to their eternal stalemate

Deevils on paper are going to win pretty handaly if you compare the two. just looking at hades and dyval, dyval is near impposible to take , Hades you could but im not saying its easy.

Dyval has more numbers, higher IQ stats and is only really lower on PS and PE stats.....big whoop if either side decideds to use any form of rangned combat.

I dont see how hades could win.....though im sure the authors will make it into a stale mate so as not to get rid of half the universes demonic foes.
BookWyrm
Champion

While I agree on the stalemate, I think both sides will claim 'bragging rights', with the Minion Wars just the latest excuse/reason for each to play the 'innocent victim of aggression'. Both sides will tout victories (real and especially imagined) and blame defeats/withdraws/ect. on the others.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

While I think you might be right about the stalemate guys, in the end it probably wont matter who wins. Why? Because in looking at the aftermath seeing who's left standing among the Earth's factions will perhaps be more important.

Return to “Rifts®”