What's left?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

What's left?

Unread post by Jefffar »

So, hardcore Robotech fans, what mecha, vehicles, spacecraft and other goodies have we not seen make it to the RPG?
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Re: What's left?

Unread post by jedi078 »

The Orguss veritech, and the VF-4. Both appear to the 'classified' UEDF mecha in the kickstarter.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
silvermoon383
Wanderer

Unread post by silvermoon383 »

The SDF-2 and -3!
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Jefffar wrote:So, hardcore Robotech fans, what mecha, vehicles, spacecraft and other goodies have we not seen make it to the RPG?

Barring stuff that may not officially exist in RT (like the "Orguss Valkyrie", for copyright reasons), and stuff that's impossible for Palladium to cover officially (the SDF-2), there's the VF-X-4/YF-4 from From the Stars, the SDF-3 (it'd be nice to print the other RTSC ships in a book other than the deluxe edition), the "Triumviroid" from the Masters Saga (IIRC), the ships that the Robotech Masters used, and the remaining Zentradi ships earmarked for the canceled Ships book.

Other than that, we've pretty much exhausted the contents of the official Robotech universe.

EDIT: Oh, and the Regent's ship from Prelude.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Also the unidentified fighters and spacecraft seen in flashback/flash-scenes from New Generation('Wolff's fighter', sundry spacecraft seen blowing up in the background).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

for the RPG?

the fighter's we see launched from Carpenter's Ship in Southern Cross for one.

the VF-x-4 was a failed prototype, and the 'orguss' was an injoke that may or may not be worth opening the Orguss IP can of worms over..

i'm not sure what is left from the show proper.. other than various starships;
Tokugawa class
'Battle' class
'Banshee' class

zent 'cyclops' reconship
Zent scoutship
Zent gunship
zent landingship

tirolian landingship
tirolian warship
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

The Cyclops is in the 2E Macross era book.

The only reason I mentioned the Orguss and VF-4 is because they both appear to be part of the RPG tactics game. This means they have probably been approved by HG to use.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
ArmySGT.
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ArmySGT. »

Did someone decide how many Battle Pods a Re-entry pod can transport?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

TMS:
-"Orgus" Battloid (Veritech or Destroid)
-"mini-destroids" (likely an AE, but potential exists using them as 10ft PA)
-some of the fighters in the air show
-the tank seen in FoA

TRM:
-Carpenter's Fighter
-what those 3 barrel cannon arrays are from "Half-Moon" the ASC uses
-"Spheroid" the Masters use in testing the 3-act-1 concept
-maybe a correct version of the "Pupil Pistol" (NG SB did not get it right based on it's description in the book vs Dialogue)

NG:
-Wolfe Flash back Fighter
-a few conventional vehicles (Wolfe's jeep, some of the flashback armored vehicles)
-Maxwell's Drones
-Condor's Booster Pack (take a look at the slide it appears in the show, it has a booster pack not covered)
-Invid retrieval pod (?)
Sent/New Comics:
-Phantom EVA pod version (Sent OVA, it has arms)
-Invid Inorganics
-"Tiger" Mecha in opening panel of L&W.

If we are hitting up prototypes mentioned in the RPG:
-VF-X-4 though 7
-XV/H-1 Pure Helicopter (related to the AGAC unclear if it had a prototype or just a paper plane)
-the two early Cyclone Series prototypes (-01x/02x series)
-if the UEDF/UEEF practice is not to have # gaps in certain mecha types/families, then several mecha due to their numbering scheme leave open several additional candidates (VF-2/3, VM-1-8, several ASC PA, Battloids/Destroids) that may have been slated for production, but canceled or just never selected.

@glitterboy
The Tirolian Landing ship is in the 2E RPG already in the Masters SB (between the Cityship and Assault Carrier entries). It would only need to be covered for deckplans, but then one could list a lot of ships for that already in print.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

IF HG allows it then there should be some transitionary mecha for the ground units as well. How did we get to Battloids? Are there intermidiary Destroid/Battloids/PA?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”