Choose your mecha...You are a full sized male Zentraedi...

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Which Mecha

Glaug
71%
Nousjadeul-Ger
29%

Total votes: 17

Chris0013
Hero

Choose your mecha...You are a full sized male Zentraedi...

Unread post by Chris0013 »

As a low ranking Zentraedi officer you have the option of choosing which of the 2 you want to lead troops into combat with.

Which do you use and why?

Me....Nousjadeul-Ger / male power armor. Not as heavily armed but better flexibility due to flight capabilities.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Choose your mecha...You are a full sized male Zentraedi...

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

The officer's pod is more heavily armed, has better mobility in a fight and can have a flight system attached. In space, where Zentradi do a lot of their fighting, it isn't even a contest.

Though i think the MPA looks pretty neat. :D
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
ArmySGT.
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ArmySGT. »

I chose Glaug. It is really nice to be able to scratch your nose and have a drink.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Male power armor for me.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Glaug...sheer firepower, plus the booster upgrade. It's armed like a Soviet-era warship with more weapons than the pilot knows what to do with.
Power armor's fine, but the flight capabilities still make it a sitting duck compared to faster mecha, and you'd need to grab lots of extra hand weapons to match the firepower of a Glaug.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Chris0013 wrote:As a low ranking Zentraedi officer you have the option of choosing which of the 2 you want to lead troops into combat with.

Which do you use and why?

Being that I run my games in the Macross universe(s) rather than Robotech, the specs for both are different, but my choice would definitely be the Nousjadeul-Ger battle suit. The Roiquonmi Glaug's a rare unit, and will only get more so in time with its factory satellite out of commission for the last 380,000 years or so. If it gets thrashed, you're out of luck. On the other hand, the Nousjadeul-Ger's still in mass production and has more responsive controls, greater physical agility, very similar flight performance, a wider array of armaments, and comparable durability and reliability. The DYRLverse's model gets the added benefit of a cybernetic secondary control system too.

Nousjadeul-Ger all the way, man... it's the choice of the Zentradi elite troops for a reason. :twisted:
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

Actually, depends. If it were up to me, I'd choose the DYRL version of Nousjadeul Ger.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Yeah, but that's if we're talking macross, not robotech. I wet with the RPG versions for comparison.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
rem1093
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by rem1093 »

I go with the Nousjadeul-Ger, it has better versatility then the Glaug. And as for its weapons load out, there is nothing saying that you can't use the other hand weapons with it. Or even carry just one.
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

rem1093 wrote:And as for its weapons load out, there is nothing saying that you can't use the other hand weapons with it. Or even carry just one.

Yep! The OSM coverage of the Nousjadeul-Ger not only indicates that it's compatible with a variety of hand-held weaponry, it's even got a dedicated storage pack on its right hip for carrying reloads. :-D

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Lost Seraph wrote:If we're going Macross, the refitted Queadlunn Rau's they use in Macross Frontier loaded with Reflex/Reaction warhead on the shoulder cannon.

Er... the mecha in question isn't a refitted Queadluun-Rau. The Queadluun-Rhea is an entirely human-made design... an enhanced "reproduction" of the Queadluun-Rau built by General Galaxy to replace the UN Forces dwindling inventory of captured Queadluun-Rau battle suits. Its enhancements improve pretty much every system, often with tech from VF development, but a lot of them focus on improving survivability... like changing the cockpit style from the battle suit style to something more like a Regult, with the pilot entirely in the chest block.

Lost Seraph wrote:For old style Macross, the Glaug. Or the transforming Glaug.

Not sure the VBP-1/VA-110 Variable Glaug counts as "old style"... it's from 2001, after all. Nice unit tho... especially the drone conversion. :twisted:

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”