Robotech Crossover question

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: Robotech Crossover question

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

taalismn wrote:Ungentlemanly Tactics:

"Mars Planet Mak-#GHURG#!"
"I, the Blue Thunder of Furinken High School, will smite the foul sor-#FORTY THOUSAND VOLTS OF RAW NAKED POWER#...!!!!!!"
"Mwuahahahahah, stupid humans, you cannot sto-***SHREDMANGLEMUTILATEEVISCERATE***
"I summo-<<<SSSHHHRAAAAKKKKK>>>
"Behold! The power of ***PLFFFTTTTT***

:lol: :lol:

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:UEDF "department of Ungentlemanly Warfare" operative: " i knew Autotuning some of that stuff would have an effect.."

Aka "Dirty Tricks Division"---"Don't let them finish their speeches, don;t let them finish their transformation sequence, don't let them count to ten, don't let them finish their bow, don't let them call time-out or safe zone...be the last and ONLY man standing when the smoke clears."

Also known as the guys who take notes when Lisa punishes Edwards.

:lol: I would not be surprise if see delivers daily notes to them.

taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:UEDF "department of Ungentlemanly Warfare" operative: " i knew Autotuning some of that stuff would have an effect.."

Aka "Dirty Tricks Division"---"Don't let them finish their speeches, don;t let them finish their transformation sequence, don't let them count to ten, don't let them finish their bow, don't let them call time-out or safe zone...be the last and ONLY man standing when the smoke clears."

"Just when you think you know everything that can be done with a mop handle..."

:lol: :eek:

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:Ungentlemanly Tactics:

"Mars Planet Mak-#GHURG#!"
"I, the Blue Thunder of Furinken High School, will smite the foul sor-#FORTY THOUSAND VOLTS OF RAW NAKED POWER#...!!!!!!"
"Mwuahahahahah, stupid humans, you cannot sto-***SHREDMANGLEMUTILATEEVISCERATE***
"I summo-<<<SSSHHHRAAAAKKKKK>>>
"Behold! The power of ***PLFFFTTTTT***

"Kyubey like this wor-""ANNIE! YOUR NEW PET'S ARRIVED!"

:lol:

taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:

But Annie in the Crossovers is- oh, to hell with it; we may as well consider the two interchangeable... :P

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:

But Annie in the Crossovers is- oh, to hell with it; we may as well consider the two interchangeable... :P

Dude just because she's grown up, doesn't mean she's out grown terrorising anything in the multiverse she deems as cute. How else would you explane her insistance that Hotaru serve her wearing that Rozen Maiden outfit. 8) Or was that Hotaru ShadowMistress she made do that? :-?

I would not be surprised if they were not friends.

taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:[

Dude just because she's grown up, doesn't mean she's out grown terrorising anything in the multiverse she deems as cute. How else would you explane her insistance that Hotaru serve her wearing that Rozen Maiden outfit. 8) Or was that Hotaru ShadowMistress she made do that? :-?

Hence why each and every multi-dimension/universe sprawling civilization should have a Dimensional Avatar Registration Darabase as part of their immigration and naturalization services....just to keep track of who's who and what's that...

Plus, I imagine that as a maturing eldritch intelligence, Annie can probably assume any of her already lived ages as a matter of course(which means that possibly, at her younger stages, she could be mistaken for the StarChild from '2001' or a Humalki from 'Manhunter'.

That's kind of scary.

Arnie100 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

"Just when you think you know everything that can be done with a mop handle..."

"I'm worried when the Admiral uses a leather bullwhip... (shudders)"

Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Hence why each and every multi-dimension/universe sprawling civilization should have a Dimensional Avatar Registration Darabase as part of their immigration and naturalization services....just to keep track of who's who and what's that...

Plus, I imagine that as a maturing eldritch intelligence, Annie can probably assume any of her already lived ages as a matter of course(which means that possibly, at her younger stages, she could be mistaken for the StarChild from '2001' or a Humalki from 'Manhunter'.

For ages, world governments maintained Case Nightmare Green, the plan for when The Stars Came Right! Oddly enough, the Old Ones keep a file marked Case Nightmare Mint, the plan for if Annie ever found them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

taalismn wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:[

"I'm worried when the Admiral uses a leather bullwhip... (shudders)"

"So...ah, ma'am. does twisting the broom handle make any difference?"
"Depends on what the other end is attached to."
"Like what specifically?"
"His SPLEEN."
"....hghkrk...!"

Arnie100 wrote:
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

For ages, world governments maintained Case Nightmare Green, the plan for when The Stars Came Right! Oddly enough, the Old Ones keep a file marked Case Nightmare Mint, the plan for if Annie ever found them.

Annie would have her own contingency plan for the "Mr. Squishies", as she likes to call The Old Ones. And it would'nt surprise me if one of the Old Ones betrays the rest so that it wouldn't be a new "pet."

Ya, I could see that happening.

taalismn wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:[

Annie would have her own contingency plan for the "Mr. Squishies", as she likes to call The Old Ones. And it would'nt surprise me if one of the Old Ones betrays the rest so that it wouldn't be a new "pet."

[i]"THOTH! YOU TRAITOROUS BASTARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!"[/i]
Though actually I'm inclined to believe that the transformation circle that made Thoth actually had shunted him in time and space into the grasp of Annie. The resultant insanity did the rest.

Could be.

Arnie100 wrote:Annie: "Lunk!! Lookie what I got!! (Holding The Old One in a leash, who also happened to be wearing a pink tutu)"
Lunk: "Uhm, where did you get THAT?!"
Annie: "Well...this big circle came out of nowehere...and it was all glowy and stuff and POOF!!! My new Mr. Squishy!"
Thoth: "Help me...I'll give you anything you want! Just HELP ME!"
Lunk: "I don't know..."

taalismn wrote:“RUN FASTER!”
Captain Asuka Soryu Langley-Grant didn’t why she was tapped for out-dimension missions like this; she wasn’t a great traveller, nor a particularly perceptive egghead. Oh, she understood the value of being a trained and experienced Evangelion pilot, and the heavy firepower they brought to any table, but why tap her for missions where an Evangelion WASN’T part of the party TOE? She was in R&D these days, not First Contact! Show her something that needed blowing up and she’d either do it personally, or she’d develop something that somebody else could use to finish the job! Anybody could bear witness she wasn’t a field scientist OR a diplomat!
But somebody noted some similarity in a newly discovered world-line and thought it would be handy to have one of the original three Evangelion pilots on hand to offer her viewpoint, and she was the only one available, Rei already committed exploring some distant star and Shinji off someplace in hidding from his many female admirers(spineless wuss! When she REALLY needed him....!).
“DON’T LET THEM CUT US OFF! FASTER!”
“WHERE THE $%^%^’S OUR AIR EVAC!??”
UGGA-CHAKKA-UGGA-CHAKKA-UGGA-CHAKKA-UGGA-UGGA!!
So here she was, scrambling down the beach of a post-Impact alternate Earth with a half-dozen other hapless halfwits who’d been clotheslined by some beancounter’s, or doplomatic wunderjerk’s insistance on a ‘non-threatening posture’, fleeing from a horde of spear- and AK-wielding mutant penguins.
“WARK! WARK! WARK!”
-And the icing on the cake, the god-leader they were worshipping-
“AFTER THEM! THEY HAVE CHOCOLATE! AND BRING THE IMPOSTER TO ME!!!”
-bringing up the van, the half-naked, war-painted and feather-dressed younger version of herself, waving a war spear as she was carried along on a sedan-chair.
“Yep, ignoring orders and staying home next time!” Asuka grunted as she pelted through the sand stretching to reach the safety of the expedition shuttlecraft just visible on the distant horizon. ]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good little read there, wonder were that world's Shinji is at? And ya, I could see that happening to the penguins in that universe.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Alpha 11 wrote:[ :lol: :lol: :lol: Good little read there, wonder were that world's Shinji is at? And ya, I could see that happening to the penguins in that universe.

The Penguins Shall Inherit the Earth.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

#BOOM!#

Shinji was startled from his ten consecutive game of War Thunder when the wall of his room exploded.

Asuka: :x :x :x "YOU! YOUR THE ONE WHO HAD ME ASSIGNED THAT MISSION!" :x :x :x

Shinji: "Now Asuka, I honestly thought you needed to get out."

Asuka: "Oh, I understand completely, in fact I was talking with you mother, she agrees with me, YOU need to get out more."

Shinji: " :erm: "

Asuka: "An important personage is making a diplomatic visit, I suggested to Command that you could show her a good time and they agreed. Here she is now!"

A giant hand reaches in and grabs Shinji.

Regess: :love: :love: :love: "OOOOOOOO!!! A MAN!!!" :love: :love: :love:

Shinji: "I hate my life." :nh:
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

taalismn wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:[ :lol: :lol: :lol: Good little read there, wonder were that world's Shinji is at? And ya, I could see that happening to the penguins in that universe.

Annie: "Oooooooohhh...Penguins!!!!"
Penquins: :eek: :eek:
They can't see me...Right!?
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

"Calling the Polar Bar Armored."
----
"Doc, call on Line One! One of our regulars."
"Roger, can it wait? I'm showing the girls how to pressurize a gas bottle."
"Doc, it's one of our SPECIAL regulars. You know, the ones that actually PAY us to do fun stuff?""
"Be right there!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

----
"Doc, it's one of our SPECIAL regulars. You know, the ones that actually PAY us to do fun stuff?""
"Be right there!"

Annie: "Ooooooooooohhh...Armoured Bears!!!"
Polar Bears: " :eek: :eek: :eek: "
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:

:lol: At least in that one they will. If you like the penguins, read this:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2695150/3/T ... rtal-Style

SRoss wrote:
#BOOM!#

Shinji was startled from his ten consecutive game of War Thunder when the wall of his room exploded.

Asuka: :x :x :x "YOU! YOUR THE ONE WHO HAD ME ASSIGNED THAT MISSION!" :x :x :x

Shinji: "Now Asuka, I honestly thought you needed to get out."

Asuka: "Oh, I understand completely, in fact I was talking with you mother, she agrees with me, YOU need to get out more."

Shinji: " :erm: "

Asuka: "An important personage is making a diplomatic visit, I suggested to Command that you could show her a good time and they agreed. Here she is now!"

A giant hand reaches in and grabs Shinji.

Regess: :love: :love: :love: "OOOOOOOO!!! A MAN!!!" :love: :love: :love:

Shinji: "I hate my life." :nh:

Alpha 11
Palladin

Arnie100 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

:lol: RUN PEN PEN, RUN!!!!!!!

taalismn wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

----
"Be right there!"

Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

----
"Be right there!"

Annie: "Ooooooooooohhh...Armoured Bears!!!"
Polar Bears: " :eek: :eek: :eek: "

Arnie100
Knight

Starscream: "At least that crazy human child isn't trying to make me a "pet!"
Megatron: "Hhhhhmmmm...."
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Arnie100 wrote:Starscream: "At least that crazy human child isn't trying to make me a "pet!"

Annie examined the 6" tall Starscream...

"I don't really go for these robot toys." (Tosses him in the playpen)

Starscream: (Pointing his weapons at PEN PEN) "Obey me sub-creature!!!"

Suddenly he noticed something behind him.

Rabbid Pollinator: "GGGGRRRRRRRR!"#SNIKETY!#

Starscream: "Oh Crap!" :?
taalismn
Priest

Starscream: "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! DO YOU KNOW WHO I -AM-?!"
Buzz Lightyear: "You're a toy. Get over it."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

Woody: "Y'know, being a toy of Annie's isn't SO bad...except when she gets into these mood swings of hers...(pointing at the burnt and charred remains of Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head)"
Starscream: "We must plan our escape! If we join forces, surely --"
Buzz: "Forget it! We KNOW all about YOU!"
Starscream: "MEGATROOOOONNNNNNN!!!!"
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

PEN PEN waddles over to the toy box and spits out a slobber covered Megatron...

Megatron: "CURSE YOU!!! UEDF DEPARTMENT OF UNGENTLEMANLY WARFARE!!! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!!!"
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

UEDF D.o.U.W. Operative: "Gozer the Gozarian! As a duly appointed representative of the UEG and the city of Tokyo 3, I hereby order you leave this dimension forthwith!"

Gozer: "ARE YOU A GOD!?!"

UEDF D.o.U.W. Operative: "No. But she's pretty close."

Annie: " :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: "
Arnie100
Knight

SRoss wrote:UEDF D.o.U.W. Operative: "Gozer the Gozarian! As a duly appointed representative of the UEG and the city of Tokyo 3, I hereby order you leave this dimension forthwith!"

Annie: "A new dolly!!"
Gozer: "I AM NOT A DOLLY"
Annie: (Waves hand) "You ARE a dolly..."
Gozer: "I AM a dolly..."
UEDF D.o.U.W. Operative: "She IS good!"
Megatron: :shock: "I'll just sit in the corner for a while..."
taalismn
Priest

"Whom the gods would destroy, they first drive mad."
"THat's a fair assessment of Megatron."
"So destruction comes next?"
"I'M BOUND FOR THE COSMIC CAR CRUSHER!!!????"
"You should be so lucky."
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn
Priest

Entirely too much time on their hands...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

Arnie100 wrote:Starscream: "At least that crazy human child isn't trying to make me a "pet!"

SRoss wrote:

Annie examined the 6" tall Starscream...

"I don't really go for these robot toys." (Tosses him in the playpen)

Starscream: (Pointing his weapons at PEN PEN) "Obey me sub-creature!!!"

Suddenly he noticed something behind him.

Rabbid Pollinator: "GGGGRRRRRRRR!"#SNIKETY!#

Starscream: "Oh Crap!" :?

taalismn wrote:Starscream: "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! DO YOU KNOW WHO I -AM-?!"
Buzz Lightyear: "You're a toy. Get over it."

Arnie100 wrote:Woody: "Y'know, being a toy of Annie's isn't SO bad...except when she gets into these mood swings of hers...(pointing at the burnt and charred remains of Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head)"
Starscream: "We must plan our escape! If we join forces, surely --"
Buzz: "Forget it! We KNOW all about YOU!"
Starscream: "MEGATROOOOONNNNNNN!!!!"

SRoss wrote:PEN PEN waddles over to the toy box and spits out a slobber covered Megatron...

Megatron: "CURSE YOU!!! UEDF DEPARTMENT OF UNGENTLEMANLY WARFARE!!! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!!!"

SRoss wrote:UEDF D.o.U.W. Operative: "Gozer the Gozarian! As a duly appointed representative of the UEG and the city of Tokyo 3, I hereby order you leave this dimension forthwith!"

Arnie100 wrote:

Annie: "A new dolly!!"
Gozer: "I AM NOT A DOLLY"
Annie: (Waves hand) "You ARE a dolly..."
Gozer: "I AM a dolly..."
UEDF D.o.U.W. Operative: "She IS good!"
Megatron: :shock: "I'll just sit in the corner for a while..."

taalismn wrote:"Whom the gods would destroy, they first drive mad."
"THat's a fair assessment of Megtaron."
"So destruction comes next?"
"I'M BOUND FOR THE COSMIC CAR CRUSHER!!!????"
"You should be so lucky."

taalismn wrote:

Entirely too much time on their hands...

That might be how they blow off steam from their jobs.
taalismn
Priest

/Okay, we’re here. Corner booth. Let’s sit down./
@Finally! Now, you want to tell me why you pulled me cross-dimension, to a barely cleared alt-earth, with hacked bogus ID implants, and have me talking to you telepathically only? Because I have better things to do than sample some fancy fast food joint, no matter how good the food i-@
/We’re ordering coffee and only coffee. Nothing else. Take a long look at the wait staff./
@Yeah, they’re all identical. First thing I noticed. Cute, too. They have artificial wombs and cloning here, just like Tirol and Olympus....This is going to be a bioroids’ rights issue, isn’t it? That’s where this is leading up to, isn’t it?@
/They’re called ‘fabricants’ around here. They do all the menial jobs. They’re brainwashed, narco’ed, and kept dumb, and fed nice lines about retiring after twelve years of mind-numbing work to tropical resort colonies where they finally get to play in the sun./
@ I hear a ’but’ coming...@
/First thing Cultural did when we learned they had artificially gestated humans here. Checked their human rights record with regard to the vat-grown. Took longer than it should have because it’s not in the civic legal indexes, it’s in the corporate account ledgers. There’s no retirement colonies. It’s straight to the slaughterhouse and recycling. Guess what’s on the menu?/
@ $#!+ Damned ‘Island’ scenario all over! Haven’t these people ever figured in alternatives like robot labor and carniculture?!@
/Efficiency. Easier to grow workers than build them, and they’re easier to control. Vat-grown meat doesn’t do meaningful work before harvest either. Plus the government, which is corp-run anyway, has a built-in radical minority to rally the masses against. Take their minds off the fact that the planetary ecosystem’s going in the crapper. Their economy’s entirely dependent on the slave labor./
@ The opposition know about this? How widespread is the truth about what’s going on in places like this?@
/ The authorities RUN the opposition. That way they can keep the hotheads under their thumb, eat up the smaller groups, and spin everything to their own purposes. Intel’s got word the corpocracy’s gearing up some nasty little plan to promote fabricant rights and then set them up for a big fall. Fabricated real threat they can use to squash those who want to stop the meatgrinders./
@ I’m beginning to see why you want the Tirolian Abolitionist Cooperative interested in this. You want a REAL opposition to get involved, from the only place it CAN come from.@
/ OUTSIDE. Yes. We’ll look the other way if the more radical TAC members decide to get involved, but no WMDs. We’ll even leak you intel and some toys as appropriate./
@ We’re not set up for a war...@
/ We know about the Hagala and New Liberia colonies. You’ve got quite a nice anti-slavery army training there to do more than just pass out phamplets and sing the Tirolian equivalent of ‘Amazing Grace’, between the sneaksuits and the Zentraedi battlewagons you got squirreled away. This is going to require a more subtle approach, but cannon will be required./
@ So you’re subcontracting the Revolution to us?@
/Turning the matter over to specialists. We’ll handle clean-up and rehab what with several million clones out of jobs and needing re-education when society collapses./
@ Then I better get moving. You’ll have full details on this sent to my office?@
/ Milintel packet’s squirted to your personal. Look for the big sports files./
@ Good. Time to get out; this coffee’s frankly pretty bad, the atmosphere sucks, but tip the waitresses big anyway.@

”I’m sorry, sir, did you wish to order anything else?”
“No. Coffee is all we have time for. Service was excellent. Your performance was impeccable.”
“Thank you! We’re glad you enjoyed your repast here and hope you come again to PaPa Songs!”
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:/Okay, we’re here. Corner booth. Let’s sit down./
@Finally! Now, you want to tell me why you pulled me cross-dimension, to a barely cleared alt-earth, with hacked bogus ID implants, and have me talking to you telepathically only? Because I have better things to do than sample some fancy fast food joint, no matter how good the food i-@
/We’re ordering coffee and only coffee. Nothing else. Take a long look at the wait staff./
@Yeah, they’re all identical. First thing I noticed. Cute, too. They have artificial wombs and cloning here, just like Tirol and Olympus....This is going to be a bioroids’ rights issue, isn’t it? That’s where this is leading up to, isn’t it?@
/They’re called ‘fabricants’ around here. They do all the menial jobs. They’re brainwashed, narco’ed, and kept dumb, and fed nice lines about retiring after twelve years of mind-numbing work to tropical resort colonies where they finally get to play in the sun./
@ I hear a’but’ coming...@
/First thing Cultural did when we learned they had artificially gestated humans here. Checked their human rights record with regard to the vat-grown. Took longer than it should have because it’s not in the civic legal indexes, it’s in the corporate account ledgers. There’s no retirement colonies. It’s straight to the slaughterhouse and recycling. Guess what’s on the menu?/
@ $#!+ Damned ‘Island’ scenario all over! Haven’t these people ever figured in alternatives like robot labor and carniculture?!@
/Efficiency. Easier to grow workers than build them, and they’re easier to control. Vat-grown meat doesn’t do meaningful work before harvest either. Plus the government, which is corp-run anyway, has a built-in radical minority to rally the masses against. Take their minds off the fact that the planetary ecosystem’s going in the crapper. Their economy’s entirely dependent on the slave labor./
@ The opposition know about this? How widespread is the truth about what’s going on in places like this?@
/ The authorities RUN the opposition. That way they can keep the hotheads under their thumb, eat up the smaller groups, and spin everything to their own purposes. Intel’s got word the corpocracy’s gearing up some nasty little plan to promote fabricant rights and then set them up for a big fall. Fabricated real threat they can use to squash those who want to stop the meatgrinders./
@ I’m beginning to see why you want the Tirolian Abolitionist Cooperative interested in this. You want a REAL opposition to get involved, from the only place it CAN come from.@
/ OUTSIDE. Yes. We’ll look the other way if the more radical TAC members decide to get involved, but no WMDs. We’ll even leak you intel and some toys as appropriate./
@ We’re not set up for a war...@
/ We know about the Hagala and New Liberia colonies. You’ve got quite a nice anti-slavery army training there to do more than just pass out phamplets and sing the Tirolian equivalent of ‘Amazing Grace’, between the sneaksuits and the Zentraedi battlewagons you got squirreled away. This is going to require a more subtle approach, but cannon will be required./
@ So you’re subcontracting the Revolution to us?@
/Turning the matter over to specialists. We’ll handle clean-up and rehab what with several million clones out of jobs and needing re-education when society collapses./
@ Then I better get moving. You’ll have full details on this sent to my office?@
/ Milintel packet’s squirted to your personal. Look for the big sports files./
@ Good. Time to get out; this coffee’s frankly pretty bad, the atmosphere sucks, but tip the waitresses big anyway.@

”I’m sorry, sir, did you wish to order anything else?”
“No. Coffee is all we have time for. Service was excellent. Your performance was impeccable.”
“Thank you! We’re glad you enjoyed your repast here and hope you come again to PaPa Songs!”

:shock: Wow, VERY good. Hope you do some type of follow up on this one. Is this from any book or tv series? Sorry, but don't recognize if it was.
taalismn
Priest

Alpha 11 wrote:[

:shock: Wow, VERY good. Hope you do some type of follow up on this one. Is this from any book or tv series? Sorry, but don't recognize if it was.

I'll see if anybody else can pick up on it from the clues in the text.... :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Cloud Atlas (movie or novel).
Never saw or read it... know the reference though.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Outside Annie's house...

Gozer the Gozarian and Megatron, both currently dressed as Rozen Maidens have slipped out a bedroom window and are attempting make their getaway. In the lane way another female, also dressed as a Rozen Maiden, stops in the middle polishing a Panzer IV Auf F, to turn her attention to them.

Hotaru ShadowMistress: "Return to the toy box immediately. The mistress has not given you leave to be out."

Gozer: "HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME IN THAT WAY SUBCREATURE!!!"

Hotaru ShadowMistress: (In full combat mode, still in the Rozen Maiden outfit) :evil: :evil: :evil: "MUST I ASSERT DOMINANCE!?!" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Gozer & Megatron: " :eek: :eek: :eek: "

Megatron: "No Mam!" :frazz:
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Cloud Atlas (movie or novel).

You get the cookie!

Yah...The Sonmi-451 arc could be fit into any of a number of dystopias....though I'm not entirely certain if the final bookend arc ended in them immigrating OFF-world or simply to another island...In any case, it could just as well be Firefly's 'Earth That Was', post-Diaspora, :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:Outside Annie's house...

Gozer the Gozarian and Megatron, both currently dressed as Rozen Maidens have slipped out a bedroom window and are attempting make their getaway. In the lane way another female, also dressed as a Rozen Maiden, stops in the middle polishing a Panzer IV Auf F, to turn her attention to them.

Hotaru ShadowMistress: "Return to the toy box immediately. The mistress has not given you leave to be out."

Hotaru ShadowMistress: (In full combat mode, still in the Rozen Maiden outfit) :evil: :evil: :evil: "MUST I ASSERT DOMINANCE!?!" :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I hope she didn't steal that tank from the girls in Girls and Panzers.

taalismn wrote:

You get the cookie!

Yah...The Sonmi-451 arc could be fit into any of a number of dystopias....though I'm not entirely certain if the final bookend arc ended in them immigrating OFF-world or simply to another island...In any case, it could just as well be Firefly's 'Earth That Was', post-Diaspora, :bandit:

Well, I can honestly say I never heard of it before today.
Arnie100
Knight

"
Gozer: "I can't believe this; a GOD, reduced to a child's dolly! :nh: "
Deep One: "At least, YOU haven't been reduced to a rubber ducky!"
taalismn
Priest

Haydonite1: "Remind me whose BRILLIANT idea this was to attempt negotiations with these 'Shemarrians' and WHY?!"
Haydonite2: "It was the will of the Awareness that we establish an alliance with comrade machine intelligences!"
H1: "Is the Awareness AWARE that that they'd be using us for SKEET PRACTICE?!"
H2: "We at least have engaged their attention!"
H1: "BY DRAWING THEIR FIRE!!!!!"
H2: "We have already established they are formidable weapons smiths."
H1:"...I never want to see anoth pump action laser cannon ever again..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:H2: "We at least have engaged their attention!"

You'd figure that the awareness would have learned by now that at least 75% of the females across the megaverse ARE the most dangerous of the species. :D

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:

You'd figure that the awareness would have learned by now that at least 75% of the females across the megaverse ARE the most dangerous of the species. :D

From which me may deduce that the Awareness is still a virgin, something of a shut-in, and definitely a yutz.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

DhAkael wrote:

Only 75%?
Arnie100
Knight

DhAkael wrote:

And its always the innocent-looking ones you have to be the most afraid of...
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:Haydonite1: "Remind me whose BRILLIANT idea this was to attempt negotiations with these 'Shemarrians' and WHY?!"
Haydonite2: "It was the will of the Awareness that we establish an alliance with comrade machine intelligences!"
H1:"...I never want to see another pump action laser cannon ever again..."

Meanwhile.

Shemarrian1: "Sister! She was right! This ... What did Mirya call it?"

Shemarrian2: "The 1812 Overture, sister."

Shemarrian1: "Indeed ... It makes a rousing change from Wagner."

Shemarrian2: "Yes, very easy to shoot to."

Shemarrian1: "I especially like how the crescendo is coming just as those two Haydonites are reaching open ground. Shall we sister?" :twisted:

Shemarrian2: "Yes sister ... lets!" :twisted:

Cut to the two Shemarrians working the actions of their weapons, timing the explosions to go off in concert with the cannon salvos in the song.
Arnie100
Knight

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:Haydonite1: "Remind me whose BRILLIANT idea this was to attempt negotiations with these 'Shemarrians' and WHY?!"

Meanwhile.

Shemarrian1: "I especially like how the crescendo is coming just as those two Haydonites are reaching open ground. Shall we sister?" :twisted:

Cut to the two Shemarrians working the actions of their weapons, timing the explosions to go off in concert with the cannon salvos in the song.

Shemarrian1: "What about 'Ride of the --"
Shemarrian2: "Over-used and over-rated, sister!"
Shemarrian1: "Anvil Chorus?"
Shemarrian2: "You've been watching those human cartoons with that rabbit again, sister, haven't you?"
taalismn
Priest

Shemarrian1:"How about an all-percussion version of 'Thus Spach Zarathrustra'?
Shemarrian2:"How do you figure on winging that?"
Shemarrian1:"Well, substitute a rolling artillery barrage for the drum rolls. then..."

Haydonite: "We're waterproof AND shock-resistant, right?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

Arnie100 wrote:

"
Gozer: "I can't believe this; a GOD, reduced to a child's dolly! :nh: "
Deep One: "At least, YOU haven't been reduced to a rubber ducky!"

H1:"...I never want to see anoth pump action laser cannon ever again..."

DhAkael wrote:

:lol: :lol: You got that right, expessily in anime.
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

From which me may deduce that the Awareness is still a virgin, something of a shut-in, and definitely a yutz.

VERY true there.

Arnie100 wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

And its always the innocent-looking ones you have to be the most afraid of...

Also VERY true.

SRoss wrote:

Meanwhile.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Arnie100 wrote:
SRoss wrote:

Meanwhile.

Shemarrian1: "What about 'Ride of the --"
Shemarrian2: "Over-used and over-rated, sister!"
Shemarrian1: "Anvil Chorus?"
Shemarrian2: "You've been watching those human cartoons with that rabbit again, sister, haven't you?"

taalismn wrote:Shemarrian1:"How about an all-percussion version of 'Thus Spach Zarathrustra'?
Shemarrian2:"How do you figure on winging that?"
Shemarrian1:"Well, substitute a rolling artillery barrage for the drum rolls. then..."

Haydonite: "We're waterproof AND shock-resistant, right?"

taalismn
Priest

City of Themyscira, Themysciran Public Baths
About a dozen women are all lounging about the public bath when a bare wall of the room lights up and a doorway opens up in it.
Through the door steps a man in military uniform, coffee mug in one hand, sheaf of paper in the other occupying his full attention as he strides along.
About three yards out from the door, he stops, just before he can topple into one of the pools of steaming water, pauses, looks up, glances side to side quickly, then in one smooth motion turns on his heel to face the door, which is just disappearing seamlessly back into the bare wall.
The various women in the room are scrambling for their weaponry when the man closes his eyes, then in a low voice grits out;
“I know you’re listening, so I’ll make this simple. If there isn’t a return Door open by the time I finish this, WHEN I get back, there will be a BLOODBATH such that ten generations later, cadets will be soiling themselves hearing of the details.”
A door promptly reappears in the wall.
“Good day, ladies.”
The man stomps back through it and it disappears, before any of the witnesses can throw any of the spears, buckets, or brushes they have in hand.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:City of Themyscira, Themysciran Public Baths
About a dozen women are all lounging about the public bath when a bare wall of the room lights up and a doorway opens up in it.
Through the door steps a man in military uniform, coffee mug in one hand, sheaf of paper in the other occupying his full attention as he strides along.
About three yards out from the door, he stops, just before he can topple into one of the pools of steaming water, pauses, looks up, glances side to side quickly, then in one smooth motion turns on his heel to face the door, which is just disappearing seamlessly back into the bare wall.
The various women in the room are scrambling for their weaponry when the man closes his eyes, then in a low voice grits out;
“I know you’re listening, so I’ll make this simple. If there isn’t a return Door open by the time I finish this, WHEN I get back, there will be a BLOODBATH such that ten generations later, cadets will be soiling themselves hearing of the details.”
“Good day, ladies.”
The man stomps back through it and it disappears, before any of the witnesses can throw any of the spears, buckets, or brushes they have in hand.

I don't know who the guy is, but can I have one of those door thingys?
taalismn
Priest

"Elysium Meets Robotech"

Elysians: "Hah! We got it made! The ULTIMATE gated community! We've left all the problems of a polluted, overcrowded Earth behind! With our private armies, nobody's going to bother us all the way up here!"

(Zentraedi warship deFolds nearby)

Khyron: "Ah! A micronian space station! Perfect! For target practice that is! Grel, fire the main batteries!"
Grel: "At once, sir!"

Elysians: "OH SHI-"

Khyron: "Hah! Perfect hit! Good work! Let's quit this system and find some REAL targets!"

This has a been a
(Zentraedi warship Folds out, leaving a cloud of debris behind in orbit).

This has been a Random Xover Theater Presents production!
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

“Good day, ladies.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm surprised it wasn't Ranma, Sinje, or any of those guys.

SRoss wrote:
“Good day, ladies.”

Don't think you would live long if you had one.

taalismn wrote:

Random senior officer in the UEsG's GateCorps.
You know a technology's matured when a( people start losing examples of it, and b) people start pulling pranks with it.

And now Random Xover Theater Presents:

"Elysium Meets Robotech"

Elysians: "Hah! We got it made! The ULTIMATE gated community! We've left all the problems of a polluted, overcrowded Earth behind! With our private armies, nobody's going to bother us all the way up here!"

(Zentraedi warship deFolds nearby)

Khyron: "Ah! A micronian space station! Perfect! For target practice that is! Grel, fire the main batteries!"
Grel: "At once, sir!"

Elysians: "OH SHI-"

Khyron: "Hah! Perfect hit! Good work! Let's quit this system and find some REAL targets!"

This has a been a
(Zentraedi warship Folds out, leaving a cloud of debris behind in orbit).

taalismn
Priest

Yeah, 'Elysium's' pretty ridiculous.
'Johnny Menemonic' was a lot more fun with the whole 'secret codes in the head' schtick, although 'Elysium' tried to make it even more cyberpunk'ed with heavy weapons and exoskeletons.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

I just realized something:
THE GURA-INVID ARE ROBOTECH DROW!!

They're dark skinned and fey, they live underground, they kidnap, enslave, and eat people, and there's certainly gotta be spider-like things in the basement of the Grand Cannon.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:I just realized something:

They're dark skinned and fey, they live underground, they kidnap, enslave, and eat people, and there's certainly gotta be spider-like things in the basement of the Grand Cannon.

Edwards: "HA! I'm a twelfth level Paladin with a +7 helm of disintegration!" :twisted:

Gura Lisa Clones: "Paladins can't use the helm of disintegration." :roll:

Edwards: "Oh Crap!" :?
taalismn
Priest

Gura Lisa Clones: "Gray-Black is beautiful."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:Gura Lisa Clones: "Gray-Black is beautiful."

Rick comes home to find Lisa lounging on furs in the middle of the room wearing diaphanous silks like someone of a Frazetta picture.

Rick: "Thank you Lisa's weird dreams!!!" :D
taalismn
Priest

And now Random Xover Theater Presents:

"Elysium Meets Oblivion"

Elysians: "Ah, it's good to up here away from the polluted, violent Earth! Never mind that we're making a profit off of it! Oh, look! Another giant space station!"
Tet(rahedron): "Time for you to become extinct!"
(swarm of drones comes out and destroys Elysium before moving on to attack the Earth)

And a twofer...

Random Xover Theater Presents:

"Oblivion meets Evangelion"

Tokyo-3 Bridge Bunny: "Large object in orbit taking up stationary orbit above the city!"
Misato: "Give me a visual!"
Bridge Bunny: "Coming right up!"
Misato: "It's...a massive tetrahedron! It must be an Angel!"
BB: "No Blood Pattern detected! Maybe it's not an Angel?"
Misato: "Don;t be silly! Strange giant geometric object appears out of nowhere and takes up position right over us? It's Ramiel all over again! Well, this time we're ready for it! Pilots. KILL THAT THING!"
(Shinji, Rei, and Asuka open up with long range positron cannon at the Tet, just as it starts releasing drones)
Tet(rahedron): "Time for you to beco- **BLAM**
(Tet explodes)
Misato: "Well, that was easy! Come on back in, Pilots!"

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

Interesting connection there.

SRoss wrote:

Edwards: "HA! I'm a twelfth level Paladin with a +7 helm of disintegration!" :twisted:

Gura Lisa Clones: "Paladins can't use the helm of disintegration." :roll:

Edwards: "Oh Crap!" :?

SRoss wrote:

Rick comes home to find Lisa lounging on furs in the middle of the room wearing diaphanous silks like someone of a Frazetta picture.

Rick: "Thank you Lisa's weird dreams!!!" :D

taalismn wrote:And now Random Xover Theater Presents:

"Elysium Meets Oblivion"

Elysians: "Ah, it's good to up here away from the polluted, violent Earth! Never mind that we're making a profit off of it! Oh, look! Another giant space station!"
Tet(rahedron): "Time for you to become extinct!"
(swarm of drones comes out and destroys Elysium before moving on to attack the Earth)

And a twofer...

Random Xover Theater Presents:

"Oblivion meets Evangelion"

Tokyo-3 Bridge Bunny: "Large object in orbit taking up stationary orbit above the city!"
Misato: "Give me a visual!"
Bridge Bunny: "Coming right up!"
Misato: "It's...a massive tetrahedron! It must be an Angel!"
BB: "No Blood Pattern detected! Maybe it's not an Angel?"
Misato: "Don;t be silly! Strange giant geometric object appears out of nowhere and takes up position right over us? It's Ramiel all over again! Well, this time we're ready for it! Pilots. KILL THAT THING!"
(Shinji, Rei, and Asuka open up with long range positron cannon at the Tet, just as it starts releasing drones)
Tet(rahedron): "Time for you to beco- **BLAM**
(Tet explodes)
Misato: "Well, that was easy! Come on back in, Pilots!"

:lol: Liking these little one shot xovers.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”