telemechanics

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

madmarvin
D-Bee

telemechanics

Unread post by madmarvin »

under the description of Telemechanics it says and I quote pg 183 RUE

"knowledge of exactly how the machine operates. I must stress that the psychic knows everything about the machine; the complete schematic diagram and operation knowledge are clearly seen
in his mind's eye. The level of skill expertise is equal to 80%."

does that mean if using the power on a power armor or robot he'd have the skill equivalent to that of pilot robot and power at 80 percent?, and what would that mean for combat.

same for piloting a star fighter (phase world) would he have a 80% piloting skill well power lasted, and would he receive any bonuses or just his natural combat abilities?
Brayon
Explorer

Re: telemechanics

Unread post by Brayon »

In the games I've played in, and GMed, that is how we did it. The Telemechanic would be ablke to operate the machine as if he had the skill. There is a HU Superpower that does the same effect, which we ruled works this way as well.
"No, actually, as there's that really big special rule that overrides any other rules. You know, the one where if something looks stupid or limiting or otherwise hinders game play or fun the GM is free to change or discard the rule." - Nightmask
madmarvin
D-Bee

thats how I read it as well, now the real question would he get any combat bonuses?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Since there are no % in the Combat skill they would not get it.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

They wouldn't get bonuses, they would have penalties in combat.
The penalties are listed under the Robot Piloting skill.
madmarvin
D-Bee

personally I read it that telemechanics know how to use every part of the bot including the weapons systems treating it as though he has the pilot robots and power armor skill at 80% with the equivalence of weapons system with that bot so no bonuses no penalties.
pg.69 GMG
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Now I'm wondering if this would give someone the Transdimensional skills for piloting or repairing time machines.

Luckily, Telemechanics can't be used to build stuff from scratch.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
madmarvin
D-Bee

if they had access to one, yes how to repair and activate it. navigation no.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Couldn't they also use Telemechanics on the navigational devices that tend to be built into time machines?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
madmarvin
D-Bee

oh they be able to use it its just they would be missing certain knowledge that anyone with the skill would have. they have a 80% practical knowledge in its use but no theory. ie leaving a beacon also means others might follow it to see who's broadcasting, or that the recorder that keeps track of the dimensions you've gone to so you can back track might not work due to a new dimension having been crated, they also would know anything about the dangers in either time travel or cross dimensional travel

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”