IP Clarification - Sentinals Races

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: IP Clarification - Sentinals Races

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

it was HG as part of the Sentinels project. while that project died on the vine, its development material was used as the basis for comics, novels, and the 1st ed RPG.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Little Snuzzles wrote:I never saw any of the actual Sentinals videos that H-G put out and was wondering:

Who created the Sentinals races (eg. Carbonans, Amazons of Praxis, etc)? Was it H-G or was it PB?

Thanks.

Tatsunoko Productions actually designed them, the basic setting description was Harmony Gold's.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Yeah, because they never got the funding, it died with the pilot, at least, TV-wise. The J. Waltrip-illustrated comics kept the story going, as did the McKinney novels.

Basically, the overall plot was - Rick & Co. Make their way to Tirol for a bit of "Gunboat Diplomacy" only to find the store under new management (The Regent's Invid & Inorganics, because they're "inorganic" they're obviously not alive, and you needn't feel to bad that they're being shot, such is 80s era tv standards & practices) they then meet new alien races, and the assorted toys that they would advertise.

You've got your big cuddly wookies, called "care-bear-ans". And their leader, named "L' .... Ron." Get it?

The Praxians, who were to be a replacement of the female Zentraedi, and parody of the He-Man/She-Ra, and by association, Barsoom. It didn't hurt that Waltrip also worked on miniseries with names like "Amazon Gazonga" and "Metal Bikini". Find what your niche is, as that leads to riches.

You got some big head devil lookin' guys, psychic cats, a (tragically) rejected space chicken all with assorted vehicles & accessories. Many designed as homages to established adult sci-fi material.
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

The Sentinels could have been really cool. The books are a blast to read and maybe were a better vehicle for the story anyway. I played the crap outta the RTII:Sentinels RPG!

I wish they would make a new Sentinels book for the 2nd ed.
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

MilkManX wrote:I wish they would make a new Sentinels book for the 2nd ed.
Don't discount that it might happen... Sentinels needs a place in the RPG, we have the inorganics... now we need the Regent and his war against the Masters and REF....
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

MilkManX wrote:The Sentinels could have been really cool. The books are a blast to read and maybe were a better vehicle for the story anyway. I played the crap outta the RTII:Sentinels RPG!

I wish they would make a new Sentinels book for the 2nd ed.

IINM, that's basically what the forthcoming UEEF Marines sourcebooks are going to be...

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

I hope you are right Seto. I would love to have some good Planet hopping adventures again.
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
Seto Kaiba
Knight

MilkManX wrote:I hope you are right Seto. I would love to have some good Planet hopping adventures again.

Based on what Palladium's said of the UEEF Marines books, it does appear that they're going to be roughly equivalent to the older Sentinels material... though I'd expect a fair amount of what was originally recognizable from the incomplete TV series and comics probably won't be there, or at least not in its original form.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”