godling power 9

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

madmarvin
D-Bee

godling power 9

Unread post by madmarvin »

under the power its says you can choose psionic powers or become a burster.

power ten says you can pick one of the listed magical occ's but an official ruling says you can pick any type of magic occ for power ten.

do you think as power nine allows you to play a burster a master psionic would you let them pick other types of master psionic? ie mindmelter, zapper, nega-psychic, etc.
Nightmask
Palladin

Re: godling power 9

Unread post by Nightmask »

That would be reasonable, since the book obviously wasn't written with a thought to the idea of the explosion of psychic and magical classes that would come about after it was published.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

If all magic classes are canon choices, how would you guys handle temporal magic, biomancy, or nazca line magic?

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Psi powers option. Basically it is like the magic power option but for Psi powers. The player can choose a PCC's powers & base ISP for their GL (or DG). {or this is how most everybody sees how the psi-GL power option functions.}

@flatline
For most class choices for the magic option it would work normally. For level-less magic types like nazca line drawing spells and chaos magic spells the GM would have to impose levels to the specialty magic spells, or limit the number of spells the char will gain for each level.

Temporal(or to say Dimensional) wizard choice.
I might let a char with this choice start off with all level 1 spells of common magic And starting with the lowest level of Temp. magic have a level of temp magic per level of exp.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
madmarvin
D-Bee

flatline wrote:If all magic classes are canon choices, how would you guys handle temporal magic, biomancy, or nazca line magic?

--flatline

temporal magic is easy they get all the powers of the O.C.C. including spell list and all spells per level that a biomancer or temporal wizards would get

plus temporal wizards would get all common and temporal spells equal to level

biomancer get its normal pick plus all biomancy equal to level
Nazca line drawers, i'd double or triple the number of line drawings they get per level. calculating so they would have all the drawings at level 15
madmarvin
D-Bee

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Psi powers option. Basically it is like the magic power option but for Psi powers. The player can choose a PCC's powers & base ISP for their GL (or DG). {or this is how most everybody sees how the psi-GL power option functions.}

that's what I figured, I just figured id get some other opinions
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

madmarvin wrote:power ten says you can pick one of the listed magical occ's but an official ruling says you can pick any type of magic occ for power ten.
What official ruling? That power excepted some magical classes that already existed at the time and were mentioned elsewhere in that book.

That power should not allow you to be things like a Techno-Wizard, a Stone Master, a Temporal Wizard, a Diabolist, a Summoner, an Herablist, or any of the other OCCs mentioned in Pantheons which were not included as options.

This expansion only reasonably applies to later books. Otherwise it's clearly a retcon, in which case, fine.

madmarvin wrote:do you think as power nine allows you to play a burster a master psionic would you let them pick other types of master psionic? ie mindmelter, zapper, nega-psychic, etc.
For the same reasons as above, I don't think it should apply to classes that were already published as of Pantheons. So it shouldn't allow you to be a Mind Melter or a Psi-Stalker or a Mind Bleeder. Since Psyscape came out later, I could see an argument being made for some of those new classes, particularly the Zapper due to it being similar in nature to a Burster.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

I still go by the rule, if you do not like the rule, change it.

#9 for godling allows, IMHO, the choice of all psionic classes as does the magical option. So a Temporal Wizard or Warrior is possible or even a PSI nullifier.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

If it allowed a Mind Melter or a Psi-Stalker or a Mind Bleeder, those would've been mentioned. Zapper and Soaker are safe bets since it's post-CB2 and similar to a Burster in being elemental.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”