Rollin' Up in Wormwood

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Rollin' Up in Wormwood

Unread post by Swift-13 »

I've had the Wormwood World Book for a long time (also a huge fan of Timothy Truman!), but I've always wondered: what's the proper way to determine a Wormwood-born human's MDC? I'd been using the method of determining SDC from the RMB, then into RUE, then adding them together to get base MDC.
What bugs me is, looking through the book, I can't help but wonder if Wormwood was written when Palladium was using a hit points-only system for characters, such as the older editions of PFRPG. Characters would have grand amounts of hit points, while SDC was used strictly for inanimate objects.
What's the official method?
Remember who you wanted to be.
Giant2005
Knight

Re: Rollin' Up in Wormwood

Unread post by Giant2005 »

You are doing it right. Roll HP and SDC and combine them for the MDC.
You can see that when you read the descriptions of MDC within each of the OCCs. It will have a bonus of +10 or something and state that in a SDC setting that would be SDC, they also add 1D6 per level and state that those would be HP in a SDC setting. So obviously both are taken into account for the MDC.
Galroth
Adventurer

Unread post by Galroth »

Swift-13 wrote:I've had the Wormwood World Book for a long time (also a huge fan of Timothy Truman!), but I've always wondered: what's the proper way to determine a Wormwood-born human's MDC? I'd been using the method of determining SDC from the RMB, then into RUE, then adding them together to get base MDC.
What bugs me is, looking through the book, I can't help but wonder if Wormwood was written when Palladium was using a hit points-only system for characters, such as the older editions of PFRPG. Characters would have grand amounts of hit points, while SDC was used strictly for inanimate objects.
What's the official method?

Wormwood came out after Rifts. So yes, you are calculating their MDC correctly.
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Thanks. I was just making sure. Hate coming to the table when two players have two different interpretations.
Remember who you wanted to be.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Based on the OCCs in the book, the impression I got was that you only got d6 per level as hit points (no PE base) and whatever SDC your class provided, and these both counted as MDC on Wormwood.

Some confusion also exists since some classes (Freelancer, Monk, Templars, Hospitallers) list the MDC as just a number while others (Priest of Light, Apok, Wormspeaker, Symbiotic Warrior) list it as a bonus.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”