What is up with the Robotech Kickstarter???

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Bad_Syntax
Explorer

What is up with the Robotech Kickstarter???

Unread post by Bad_Syntax »

I, and dozens of others, have posted hundreds of unanswered questions on the RRT kickstarter thread, so I figured I'd try here.

What the heck is going on?

Oct 18: "The rule book is laid out and has gone through final proofreading"
Oct 12: "The rule book is laid out. We’re helping Ninja Division give it one last proofread."
Sept 20: "The finished rule book, stat cards, box designs, and other elements are all in final production and starting to come in for final feedback and approval."
Sept 13: "The Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rule book, stat cards and other elements are all in final production and looking fabulous."
Sept 5: "Likewise, the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rule book, stat cards and other elements are all in final production."
August 29: " the final touches are being made on the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rule book"
July 13: "The rules and rule book have been written, edited, approved and are going into layout next week."
June 27: " final changes and editing for the rule book tonight and tomorrow."

I mean, its ok if there are delays of all sorts, this thing was quite the success. However, seeing the same "its done" message over and over, for four months, is really disconcerting to folks like myself.

Is there anybody who can actually give some better idea as to the status, now that the date has been pushed into 2014 (which is fine, but not very fitting based on the updates we've seen)

Thanks,
Bad Syntax
sirkermittsg
Explorer

Re: What is up with the Robotech Kickstarter???

Unread post by sirkermittsg »

LOL welcome to palladium. this is precisely why I did not participate in this kickstarter. I was waiting to get my northern gun books that I payed for LAST YEAR. I love palladium, but I want promises kept before I commit more cash to new things.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Hey BS I just signed up too, wondering the same thing. Looks like all heck is breaking loose on the ks comments section.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrp ... m/comments

I have to admit I'm becoming wary of the smoke an mirrors we keep getting. I mean Forar brings up a good point when you look at the updates posted here instead of informing us with a PROPER update. Come PB show us the MINIS.

Please PB stop giving us backers "JAZZ HANDS"!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I hunted down those clips, and to be fair, yes there is some semblance of progression. And I'm sure that publishing and going back and forth between 3 companies is time consuming. However, the constant use of the word 'final' indicates completion, and repeatedly saying how 'done' something is for 3-4 months, particularly by a company with a reputation for things being 'done' for months and months and even years, is kind of disconcerting.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Dear PB please stop showing us "JAZZ HANDS".
Bad_Syntax
Explorer

Unread post by Bad_Syntax »

Heck, a pic of a few dozen cards spread out over a table and/or a rulebook cover would go really far to keep us drooling until it reaches out door.

But vague and redundant messages saying all is done are kinda misleading :(
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Hey BS I took your idea of gluing foam board to the underside of the card stock. If not for my RA I'd finish the other three I managed to print out till the ink dried up.lol Anyways the results were great. With only three it won't be as nice as Mikes setup.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

sirkermittsg wrote:LOL welcome to palladium. this is precisely why I did not participate in this kickstarter. I was waiting to get my northern gun books that I payed for LAST YEAR. I love palladium, but I want promises kept before I commit more cash to new things.

First, this is not the Rifts or All Things Palladium Forum. Take your gripe about Northern Gun to the appropriate section.

Second, Keep in mind there are 3+ entities involved with the the Robotech RPG Tactics game production...
Palladium
Ninja Division
Harmony Gold
Manufacturer
etc...

At any point an issue can arise, miscommunication, misunderstanding, etc... To blame any delays solely on Palladium is wrong and would be an unfounded and inaccurate opinion - NOT FACT.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”