How many GM's would allow this?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

How many GM's would allow this?

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

Techno-Wizard starting character gets a choice of ground vehicle with one TW enhancement excluding invisibility or impervious to energy.

What about a Naruni NE-ATRV3 Pathfinder All-Terrain RV with Dimensional Portal? :twisted:

Lots of space for TW shop, space for adventuring party, etc. with a nice escape feature that could also be used as a plot device like "Lost in Space".

Could be a headache, but could be really interesting to see what happens. What do you think?
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: How many GM's would allow this?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I would limit the starting TW vehicle choice to something that the TW him-/herself can build.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

If the rest of the group is up for a Magic School Bus campaign, sure. Otherwise the vehicle seems likely to dominate the story.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

lost in space
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

I'd let in if the vehicle was a party transport. After all a party does need a base. The part I'd make a little tough is the power added. just make the portal work to the GM's wishes when you need it too. Say it take them where they need to go as opposed to places they will use to break game..until higher level when they will need unlimited travel.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

I can see allowing it, but make the whole vehicle, including the TW mods, a little 'glitchy'... occasional system failures, power flow hiccups and other general gremlin-esque mayhem that can result from slightly faulty systems. That way the players can have a nice mobile base of operations that needs a lot of TLC just to make sure it works properly.
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
Nomadic
Explorer

Unread post by Nomadic »

No,

On the same line of Topics, All starting Equ, Guns, Armor, et al for level 1 characters are items you wouldn't bother looting at level 6, Greys or Whites for the WoW players.

Check what it says under black market/availability. If it's common I allow, if not then no.
Mallak's Place
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mallak's Place »

our groups TW has long ago learned that doing more then making a vehicle magically powered is a waste, as the vehicle ultimatly has to be left behind or gets trashed at some point in the next adventure or so.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

If the rules don't disallow it, why not. If it gets to be too much, just blow it up.
Nomadic
Explorer

Unread post by Nomadic »

MaxxSterling wrote:If the rules don't disallow it, why not. If it gets to be too much, just blow it up.

Think this is covered under Availability.
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

I don't know what a player is thinking when they suggest that vehicle?

How do you imagine play going? It still goes awesome - but it's totally the GM that still makes it awesome and the player puts in no effort?

Or is the player going to help make play fun when that things around?

If the players going to help, I'd think about that and his suggestions for how he'd make it fun.

Otherwise it just seems short term thinking that doesn't assist in long term play (ie, more than a one shot)
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

In my group - if the TW wanted a Naruni vehicle, they - and the group - had best be prepared for the target they just got painted on themselves.

In our (experience players, currently mid-level PCs) group, it's fairly free-for-all.... but the GM WILL play up/utilize racial bigotry, magic/psy bigotry, desirability of gear by less-savory types, having a CS/LE target painted on you...

It tends to make for either awesome but short-lasting characters/gear, or keeps the madness in check.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

I mostly thought the size of the NE hovercraft was really nice. Beyond that, I can envision it becoming something like the "millennium falcon" - very useful and very temperamental! Yes, NE is hunted and that can be another "fun" plot device within any campaign. Aren't most PC's hunted at least at some point in the game? :D
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

If it is only the size, there are a lot of other vehicles, like converted trucks etc, that can carry as much.

If I had one, the first thing I would do with it was sell it and retire. But hey, everyone plays different, I would do the same with a 25 million credit suit of GB.

To me, it's a bit much for a TW to start with, I would definitely NOT allow.
Snow Hawk
Explorer

Unread post by Snow Hawk »

Maybe? I like it when my players want something like this because I like to ask them questions about it. Were did you get it? How did you get it? And if I like the answers and the back ground hell ya I would allow it.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

I would TOTALLY allow it. Failed piloting rolls could result in a warp, and it could be an interdimensional magnet for things just popping in.
Oh hey have you guys seen my ham sandwich?
It should be in the fridge
What behind the splugorth?
No, behind the orange juice I got..... wait what did you say????
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”