A Trip through Timiro

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

A Trip through Timiro

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

As a game I'm in is on indefinite hiatus I am writing a story about three of the Characters.

The basic storyline is that a Trio of Adventuresses travel into Timiro for both supplies and R&R. Along the way trouble finds them and they end up with a closer friendship, some new allies and a new enemy.

Their route is Ogre pass, Fort Calda, Fort Ibera, Fort Ibi, Erat, Smia, Fort Indo, Kwia, Nira, Hanna, Barbara, and ending in Old Timiro.

What I am wondering does Rifter # 63 add anything significant to these places? Right now I am having to wait at least a month to get a copy if not longer.

I have a copy of The Old Ones and I am up to date on most of the other official material on the Palladium World. Right now any information helps as I want to stay true to the setting and have my characters observe the world around them.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: A Trip through Timiro

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

As for official information about those locations, I can tell you Rifter #63 gives geographical
details about those areas. There is also a far detailed map of the region. Gray lines for trails and
dotted line for roads. You will also get an idea of wildlife and informations about the passes.
And you might lead your players on an adventure that could potential make one King of
Timiro. Any further info about Timiro, I'll be happy to provide you with :D :-D
Rockwolf66
Hero

Reagren Wright wrote:As for official information about those locations, I can tell you Rifter #63 gives geographical
details about those areas. There is also a far detailed map of the region. Gray lines for trails and
dotted line for roads. You will also get an idea of wildlife and informations about the passes.
And you might lead your players on an adventure that could potential make one King of
Timiro. Any further info about Timiro, I'll be happy to provide you with :D :-D

Well my copy of Rifter#63 should be here in a month.

Until then I would love to chat with you in private about my story.

A: because I don't want to give everything away.

B: I do not write stories that are very appropriate for this forum as I have bad language, graphic violence and adult themes.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Wōdwulf Seaxaning »

RockWolf I hope to get a chance to read it when you are done with your story. There needs to be more PF fan fic & art.
Better Dead than Red!
F**k AntiFa! F**k Nazis! F**k Communists!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

How does a character curse in your high fantasy setting? Do they invoke deities/saints ("Thoth's Eye!"), by metaphor ("Go back to your sheep-humping homeland, filth!"), archaic English ("Fie! I bite my thumb at thee, knave!"), or the standard-issue four-letter words common to today?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Rockwolf66
Hero

I use curse words just not modern ones, Or at least I use words in their 1700s context. Basically I try to use language so that things are not contemporary and yet they are understandable. Heck, Shakespeare has some really vulgar stuff in it if you understand what he's saying.
The Immortal ME
Explorer

Unread post by The Immortal ME »

Reading the footnotes for Shakespeare it is kind of striking how much of it was cultural in references and vulgarities that would strike Seth MacFarlane dumb with envy.
- The Immortal ME

Sic itur ad astra.
"There are some who call me ... TIM?
(All factual statements based on personal recollection only unless otherwise attributed. May not actually be factual.)
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

The Immortal ME wrote:Reading the footnotes for Shakespeare it is kind of striking how much of it was cultural in references and vulgarities that would strike Seth MacFarlane dumb with envy.

Love it... I let my characters go with it- modern, interpretive, period- whatever works.
One of my characters says, "Holy Crap" a whole lot- not period, modern, or interpretive- but has become identified with him!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer
Comment: An amateur practices 'til they get it right, a professional practices 'til they can't get it wrong. - Anon.

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

While my game is based on a Palladium World only mentioned one time with a paragraph and map, REGNUM, this player character tries very hard to use Shakespeare as his language reference "Ser Magnus - Adventure Log." Another of my players went for a "valley girl" with her language choice and swearing was very PG.

All I try is to help them develop a personality they can become invested in and relate to. If that makes them a grumpy swearing old man or a bubbly valley girl "Buffy the Vamp Killer" I don't much care because its the story and we aren't paying for actors - LOL! :lol:

However, I try to help people pick different areas to come from so different personalities can be indicative of a region or set of regions. This helps shape logs that can often be read in that personality the way a Morgan Freeman meme makes you read in his voice. :D

I like to think that culturally for language, if your players are all over 18 and have their expectations set accordingly then let the words fly as they will.

May the short yellow wagon never catch you broadside on the way to school, :-P :P

AZ_RUNE
An amateur practices 'til they get it right, a professional practices 'til they can't get it wrong. - Anon.
View my game based on the Heroic Realm of Regnum from Library of Bletherad at "Regnum, Paradise Lost",or even better, become a fan!! Winner Campaign of the Year 2014!
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Letting the players choose their interpretation of speech and behavior no matter the time period allows for character development that might not happen. I love it and embrace it.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

AZ_RUNE wrote:While my game is based on a Palladium World only mentioned one time with a paragraph and map, REGNUM, this player character tries very hard to use Shakespeare as his language reference "Ser Magnus - Adventure Log." Another of my players went for a "valley girl" with her language choice and swearing was very PG.

All I try is to help them develop a personality they can become invested in and relate to. If that makes them a grumpy swearing old man or a bubbly valley girl "Buffy the Vamp Killer" I don't much care because its the story and we aren't paying for actors - LOL! :lol:

However, I try to help people pick different areas to come from so different personalities can be indicative of a region or set of regions. This helps shape logs that can often be read in that personality the way a Morgan Freeman meme makes you read in his voice. :D

I like to think that culturally for language, if your players are all over 18 and have their expectations set accordingly then let the words fly as they will.

May the short yellow wagon never catch you broadside on the way to school, :-P :P

AZ_RUNE

Yeah, that's been one of the biggest changes to our gaming group. We play a PG13 -> R game in terms of violence, sexual activity/innuendo, and language (moreso by the players than PCs). When my son went to bed mid-way thru game night, was fine. Now that he plays WITH our group, we've had to tone things down.
4-letter words still pop out - and he either clears his throat, ignores, or the player immediately says "Sorry K".
A few more years and other than not constantly F-bombing or crude sexual language, won't need to modify things ^_^
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

There's always the surrogate swearing option, too, a la Battlestar Galactica's "frak!" or Farscape's "Frill", though that doesn't seem like an option that would gel with a fantasy setting for me.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

Hotrod wrote:There's always the surrogate swearing option, too, a la Battlestar Galactica's "frak!" or Farscape's "Frill", though that doesn't seem like an option that would gel with a fantasy setting for me.

Oh I definitely do that. Pirates of Dark Water had some lovely ones. "Noy Jitat" "skipongo" & one other I'd have to look up.

I'm waiting for the day I get a call from one of my son's teachers,
"Hi Ms Witch. So K called this other boy a Puta'Q. I'm not sure what that is, but namecalling isn't allowed."
"What happened?"
"well Jimmy was caught cheating on a test & tried to blame K"
"I don't see the problem. That kid had no honor"

But yeah - I have 7 FCC-approved languages to swear in, and I do. Always fun to get a look, thumbsup, or message in game "XYZ was an awesome show"
and *psst* it's Frell. Not Frill.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Hotrod wrote:There's always the surrogate swearing option, too, a la Battlestar Galactica's "frak!" or Farscape's "Frill", though that doesn't seem like an option that would gel with a fantasy setting for me.

In our current Nightbane (heavily modified- we are playing as vampires) we use clot as a cuss word.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”