PC's I am making for Gen Con...

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

PC's I am making for Gen Con...

Unread post by NMI »

So I will be running 4 or so games at the Palladium Books Booth this year @ Gen Con.

Here is the basics on some of the ideas I have for PC's. For the most, I am posting to share with you folks and so that I have a record I can return to in case I forget what I was planning...

• Arismal Alien/Cosmo-Knight
  • Law - Human mutant [or maybe Immortal - Super-Regeneration, Longevity and a minor or 2. Has been around since the late 1800's, Texan
  • Fire & Fury - Mutant Twins [borther and sister] Fire: Super Energy Expulsion Fire, Flame Ring, Flight: Energy, Fury: Natural Combat, Physical Perfection, Lightning Reflexes and Feral
  • Lady Arcana - Human Wizard, possibly a minor magical item or 2
  • Cyborg - Full Conversion "Borg" that relies on a lot of FRS based systems
  • Dr. Dreamer - Hardware Analytical or Natural Genius
  • Natural Psionic "Counsellor". Former FBI Negotiator turned Jed.. err Hero
  • Mother - Mystically Bestowed Nun

I plan on providing upwards of 10 PC's for players to choose from. I have not come up with a "solid" brick type PC yet, short of the Borg. Though I am leaning towards Monstrous Form as the basis.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: PC's I am making for Gen Con...

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

I"m disappointed that none of these heroes are mutant animals
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

What animal would you like to see?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

NMI wrote:What animal would you like to see?

Raccoons are always a winner. ;-)
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Random it. Random it all to heck and back. The pc's i've made with completely random rolls have turned out to be some of the most fun to play. The challenge comes in putting it all together once you know what your animal/background-education is. Much much more fun than saying "I'm going to create X using Y animal and give it Z skills", at least in my opinion.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Regularguy
Adventurer

Unread post by Regularguy »

NMI wrote:

I plan on providing upwards of 10 PC's for players to choose from. I have not come up with a "solid" brick type PC yet, short of the Borg. Though I am leaning towards Monstrous Form as the basis.

Since the nun's the only one you're minus any specifics on, why not make her the brick? It'd give her a ready-built reason not to hulk out: she'd want to help people and solve problems using Power A as "Mother" -- but when lives are in danger she'd reluctantly take a step back from saintliness to brawl with the best of 'em as "Mother Superior".
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Regularguy wrote:
NMI wrote:

Since the nun's the only one you're minus any specifics on, why not make her the brick? It'd give her a ready-built reason not to hulk out: she'd want to help people and solve problems using Power A as "Mother" -- but when lives are in danger she'd reluctantly take a step back from saintliness to brawl with the best of 'em as "Mother Superior".

I think I can work with that. I did have a power set in mind, but I can change it.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Random it. Random it all to heck and back. The pc's i've made with completely random rolls have turned out to be some of the most fun to play. The challenge comes in putting it all together once you know what your animal/background-education is. Much much more fun than saying "I'm going to create X using Y animal and give it Z skills", at least in my opinion.

You really don't want to do that, you want to ensure that the characters you offer whatever they might be have a reasonable chance of appealing to someone who's wanting to play, and purely random creations likely aren't going to manage that particularly with a mutant animal in an RPG that has many of the attributes you might want likely to not end up being something you'd have.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I dont do "random" perse. Since these are PC's for multiple Con adventures, I want to make sure they will fit with the adventures I am running - all of which are coming out of the HU GMG... though I might do a space game using Atorian Empire stuff...
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Hmm, have you made a magic sword PC, not a PC who uses a magic sword, a PC who IS a magic sword?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Was not planning to for this Gen Con
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mediapig71 »

I really like Law... love the idea of an 1800's frontier lawman who has seen it all, working in modern times, coping with (or not) the complexities of modern justice. I like the idea of a couple minors, in addition to his longevity / healing powers, sort of a "Cowboy Captain America" type. Should be fun to play!
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

How about a Robot character, maybe an Android low sdc&weight.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Mediapig71 wrote:I really like Law... love the idea of an 1800's frontier lawman who has seen it all, working in modern times, coping with (or not) the complexities of modern justice. I like the idea of a couple minors, in addition to his longevity / healing powers, sort of a "Cowboy Captain America" type. Should be fun to play!

Thank you. I was envisioning a long hair version of "Gibbs" from the TV show "NCIS" as for his physical appearance that is. Though after watching the old Patrick Swayze movie "Roadhouse", his partner from that movie is an idea too.

say652 wrote:How about a Robot character, maybe an Android low sdc&weight.

I have the Cyborg for this "role". With lots of FRS [Frame Reconfiguration Systems] from Galaxy Guide

Sir_Spirit wrote:Hmm, have you made a magic sword PC, not a PC who uses a magic sword, a PC who IS a magic sword?

I was kind of thinking of the Mystically Bestowed Nun having a magical sword though. An Avenging Angel of sorts...
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

I wonder about a couple mutant animal possibilities but for giggles make 2 variants like for example the wolf and tiger tend to be what a lot of people would think of for the "brute squad"

so make a mutant tiger that's kind of weak but really smart like a gadgeteer or something, and a mouse hamster or bird that has all kinds of strength and or damage taking mutant powers so the one that should be the brute is the brain and the one people would think of as the "brain" aka pinky and the brain is actually a tank type
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

guardiandashi wrote:I wonder about a couple mutant animal possibilities but for giggles make 2 variants like for example the wolf and tiger tend to be what a lot of people would think of for the "brute squad"

so make a mutant tiger that's kind of weak but really smart like a gadgeteer or something, and a mouse hamster or bird that has all kinds of strength and or damage taking mutant powers so the one that should be the brute is the brain and the one people would think of as the "brain" aka pinky and the brain is actually a tank type

Ironically, one of the adventures I currently plan on running involved giant, monstrous mice of death! Mice the size of elephants!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”