Situational question about Sixth Sense

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SpiritInterface
Hero

Situational question about Sixth Sense

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

The situation is this; you wake up to find that you have been kidnapped. Does the fact that you are willing to use any force necessary to escape up to and including lethal force trigger the villain's Sixth Sense? Or does it take a more specific intent?
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Situational question about Sixth Sense

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

GM discretion if yes/no.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Galroth
Adventurer

Unread post by Galroth »

SpiritInterface wrote:The situation is this; you wake up to find that you have been kidnapped. Does the fact that you are willing to use any force necessary to escape up to and including lethal force trigger the villain's Sixth Sense? Or does it take a more specific intent?

I'd say it takes a more immediate intent. If memory serves Sixth Sense is only good against threats that are 60 seconds away or less.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

The willingness to use force would not trigger it IMHO unless you will likely get into that fight to the death in the next 60 seconds. Now if you decide that 'this scum is going to die for this' and he is in the next room....its time to cough up some ISP. :D
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

SpiritInterface wrote:The situation is this; you wake up to find that you have been kidnapped. Does the fact that you are willing to use any force necessary to escape up to and including lethal force trigger the villain's Sixth Sense? Or does it take a more specific intent?

I would say no. That you're willing to kill isn't going to trigger his sixth sense... that you have gotten loose and are about to brain him with a rock? That you have a psionic power that you're about to use that will injure or kill him? That triggers sixth sense.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I'd have to say no. Being willing to use lethal force means nothing to sixth sense unless you are actually acting on it. unless they already have you in their sights, or are about to, it will not trigger.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Only if you're going to act on that willingness within the time-frame that 6th Sense works with.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

6th Sense should only really apply for surprise attacks. "The sixth sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet/27.4 m or a flash flood is running his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second." (This is from the Rifts UE listing of the Psi Power, though IINM it is the same/similar in PF2E, HU2E, RMB, and RT2 in 1E).

So based on your description of the situation here I would have to say no. It would not trigger 6thSense by default, unless the action comes as a complete surprise.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”