randomer item table

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: randomer item table

Unread post by taalismn »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:9. Waiting Godot.

What? Common! Two items were doing a game, awww man, why'd ya have ya go and mess it up?

A moment of the surreal, to bring things to a screeching 'What...?!" moment, before violence continues, after the PCs get sick and tired of Godot complaining about waiting for two guys...
Also, Robin Williams tribute.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

taalismn wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:9. Waiting Godot.

What? Common! Two items were doing a game, awww man, why'd ya have ya go and mess it up?

A moment of the surreal, to bring things to a screeching 'What...?!" moment, before violence continues, after the PCs get sick and tired of Godot complaining about waiting for two guys...
Also, Robin Williams tribute.

Uh... No I meant were playing a fame the rules are simple first item related to last item in previous item. Second item is whatever you want. Could ya please redo your post? Maybe make your 9. Your 10? Unless it somehow relates to

8. The reason chickens cross the road... and you don't like it. You know how birds are supposed to be descendants of dinosaurs? Ya may not know but back in the 00s they did an experiment to see if they could tweak the birds genes and it grew teeth. Weeeeeell apparently this chicken has devolved. You follow this rather tall (6') poultry to its nest and find not only baby chicken raptors but what must be the population of a small town in bones....

Thanks in advance.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
taalismn
Priest

Fixed. Too tired to think. Need vacation. Wake me when we're back to regular randomness.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:Fixed. Too tired to think. Need vacation. Wake me when we're back to regular randomness.

:lol: thanks. Would u prefer the gentle beeping alarm or the plasma LRM alarm? :)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:Fixed. Too tired to think. Need vacation. Wake me when we're back to regular randomness.

:lol: thanks. Would u prefer the gentle beeping alarm or the plasma LRM alarm? :)

I prefer the sound of my outer security perimeter claymores and my inner wall auto-mortars going off and the distant muffled agonized screams of my would-be sleep interrupters...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

I prefer the sound of my outer security perimeter claymores and my inner wall auto-mortars going off and the distant muffled agonized screams of my would-be sleep interrupters...

Alrighty, I'll send some cannon fodder when we return to our regularly scheduled randomness.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:Godot is no longer here. Wait for him someplace else.

But he was supposed to be here today... Well let's go then, tomorrow if he doesn't come we can...
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

8. The reason chickens cross the road... and you don't like it. You know how birds are supposed to be descendants of dinosaurs? Ya may not know but back in the 00s they did an experiment to see if they could tweak the birds genes and it grew teeth. Weeeeeell apparently this chicken has devolved. You follow this rather tall (6') poultry to its nest and find not only baby chicken raptors but what must be the population of a small town in bones....

9. (Mostly from taalismn) As your looking around searching for loot some kid walks up to you and says. "If you guys are waiting for Goddot, he can't make it today, he said that he will surely be here tomorrow."
If the players wait only the kid arrives. He doesn't recognize them and tells them the same thing. This happens every day the players wait.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Well, guess no one wants to play.

10. A boxy robotic dog, it doesn't work anymore and everything is burned/worn out

11. A cross, while your holding it a six-gun preacher marches up to you and puts his gun in your face. "Gimme er cross ya ungodly bastard." he grabs the cross with his free hand never taking his aim off you. "Now as the good book says 'an eye for an eye'."

What the PC doesn't know is. The preachers wife was murdered and he was just told the man holding her cross is the one that did it. Guess who's cross the PC was holding?
The Ruiner
Explorer
Comment: I am a perfectionist who is good at nothing. You can imagine my frustration.

Unread post by The Ruiner »

12. A man , dressed all in black, with a wide brimed hat and white collar stands over an unmarked grave. He hold some sort of religous book and a small silver cross. Praying out loud, you hear him ask forgiveness from his Deity for the blood spilled by his own WRATH.

13. You don't find it, so much as it finds you.......Free toothache!!! All these months of wandering the wilderness has left your dental hygene a bit wanting. The result of which is an agonizing toothache that hurts so much you actually contemplate sawing off your own head.

Minus 5 on initiative rolls and HALF all combat bonuses untill he can get to a dentist or other suitable body fixer.
"There's only room in here for One, and I've decided it's not you."

"Open your eyes, I'm gonna horrify you into a comma!"--Master Shake
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Ruiner wrote:12. A man , dressed all in black, with a wide brimed hat and white collar stands over an unmarked grave. He hold some sort of religous book and a small silver cross. Praying out loud, you hear him ask forgiveness from his Deity for the blood spilled by his own WRATH.

13. You don't find it, so much as it finds you.......Free toothache!!! All these months of wandering the wilderness has left your dental hygene a bit wanting. The result of which is an agonizing toothache that hurts so much you actually contemplate sawing off your own head.

Minus 5 on initiative rolls and HALF all combat bonuses untill he can get to a dentist or other suitable body fixer.

That's great!! Thank you :)
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

14. Chewing Foil. There they are, laying on the ground as pretty as you please, several (1d8+4) shiny pieces of aluminum foil. They seem to be the exact shape and dimensions (of what modern era earth dwellers can identify) as a stick of chewing gum. Any players passing within 1d6 feet must save vs psionic attack/mind control. A failed save results in the PC picking up one of the pieces, popping into their mouth and chewing it! Pc takes 1d4 damage (effects both sdc and mdc beings the same.) and ALL rolls/actions are reduced by 1/2 for the next 1d4 melee rounds as blinding pain radiates from the characters teeth through jaw and into their brain.

15. +1 Bible of Thumping. An intact leather bound version of the (protestant) Christian Bible. This is a minor holy weapon/object (all standard abilities). Striking the book with the palm or bottom of the hand produces a resounding "THUMP" (see spell Thunderclap). The effect can also be achieved when used as a blunt weapon to strike an opponent 'upside the head'.

Can be used by PC's of good alignment with no penalties to abilities/effects/durations. Use by other alignments: Selfish -25% to all abilities/effects/durations. Evil -50 to all abilities/effects/durations.

*Continued use/possession (regardless of alignment) will result in a alignment shift every 1d4 months until PC is of Principled alignment. Discarding the book will allow the PC to return to their previous alignment, but the GM should make them play the return out.

*Optional
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

16. Podium of the Word – A discarded wooden podium. If stood up and used (standing behind and talking) ones speech becomes loud and direct. It doesn’t matter what the subject is discussing, it just sounds urgent and with the last word in every sentence pronounced. If used in conjunction with the +1 Bible of Thumping, the area effect of the bibles power is tripled.

17. a good strong pair of Synth-Hide Gloves—Actually a pair of Blameshift gloves. When accused of something, the user (while wearing the gloves) can point at any other sentient being within LOS and say, “He did it.” The accuser immediately blames the target of the pointing for the transgression, no save.

Really handy when you **** off a demigod…
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

18. Boots of Uh uh. (cursed item) while wearing these boots the wearer always happens to stand between two people. When some one is about to point or nod or otherwise gesture or direct anothers attention in your another's, you always disappear in a puff of dust nearby but nowhere in the vicinity of the directed attention. You are completely unaware of the shift. These boots have also been known as not me boots.

19. A toaster oven it isn't what you think. It is a full size oven that for whatever reason only cooks toast. And by toast I mean lightly charred bread.
Last edited by Zer0 Kay on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

20. the book of love. Transcribed by many hands over many years, the book tells of the love between two people that transcends time and space. Separated from each other for many years and the sacrifices the man made to buy his bride's freedom from bondage. Any who read this book are changed....they will ether be giving hop and turned to love other people as themselves or will be turned away from it repulsed by the evil within them to turn to that same evil.

Those turned to love will see the good in each other person, and tend not prejudge people just on their looks, gender or race. Helping people who need it even if the law prohibits it. (think more Chaotic Good then law abiding Principled)

Those that are repelled move towards being more evil. Not caring about how their actions hurts others.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Ruiner
Explorer
Comment: I am a perfectionist who is good at nothing. You can imagine my frustration.

Sorry Drew, you have made an error. The game is to first post something related to the previous entry, then go with an original, random idea. If you turn the book of love into number 21 and think of something to compliment Zero Kay's post it'll be gravy.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

nooooo bad kitty. :)
taalismn
Priest

20. Toaster---A backpack flamethrower with a toast-making attachment, just in case you want to have breakfast while scorching for vermin(or committing a wartime atrocity). Sure, the toast smells of napalm, but it's perfectly toasted. Oh, and it even has a no-drip cheese holder. What will those home appliance geniuses come up with next?

21: Bottle of Magical Musk---A crystalline atomizer half-full of a lavender-colored fluid. If spritzed at somebody and inhaled, on a failed save versus magic, the spritzee will be attracted tow the spritzer, and their alignment shifts a level in the direction of the spritzer's. for the next 1d4 hours, the affected person will behave in ways meant to impress the object of their affection, as long as it is consistent with their shifted alignment. After the musk wears off, the victim will have only vague recollections of their feelings for the other person. The atomizer has enough musk for 6 applications.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

22: Some guy in Deadboy armor walks over and lumps the lifeless body of a D-bee at your feet and skips away. Weird, apparently its a gift and your his new object of attraction. Meee Ow

23: (miss phrasing intentional for humor, please no need for correction) After you wade through the remnants of a battle between the CS and a army, group, uh... heard of minotaurs, minotauri... is this like moose and the plural is the same as the singular... anyway. Making it to the far end of the battlefield the CS has circled the wagons and there is a bunch of smoke coming from the middle. It smells like... steak, just don't ask where they got it from. You've found a... barbeque?
taalismn
Priest

24. Bottle of Barbeque Sauce---Extra-Zesty flavor...for hominids(that is, for use on hominid meat). Long pig, anybody?

25.Personal Communicator---A modern comm unit(glorified cellphone) with a defective silent paging function. If activated, the 'vibrate' function reveals itself to be rather hyperpowered(set on 'jackhammer mode'); -2 to initiative, -2 to strike, -20% to maintain balance, and -25% to any skills requiring fine control as the device's wearer violently trembles as if they'd swallowed a whole bottle of earthquake pills, and look as if they're in real danger of snapping their necks(or getting a bad case of whiplash). If in a crowd, at close quarters(1 ft distance), the wearer will unintentionally body-slam 1d4 people per melee. On the plus side, the character is +1 to dodge. This state lasts for as long as the device is on(the battery is good for 2 hours), the device is turned off(turning the device off counts as 'fine control'), or until the incoming call is cancelled. Afterwards, roll under ME or be dizzy and discombobulated(-1 to initiative, strike, parry, and dodge, -5% to maintain balance) for 1d6 melees. Roll versus non-lethal poison to avoid losing your lunch and upchucking all over the ground/companions. The problem cannot be fixed without destroying the communicator.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

26. You come across a crate containing a single huge pair of giant size camouflaged coveralls. The pattern is made up with a nearby town's stores logos and names. They would make the wearer a walking billboard, but you can fit nicely into it's Punt gun's ammo pouch. Also found is map leading to a local site circled with 'DuckBills here!' on it.

Zer0 Kay wrote:7. A full size Zentradi in hunting coveralls.

What the heck does he think he is camouflaged with, you can't quite figure out the pattern.

What freaking gage is that shotgun?

Should I really be around to find out what he is hunting?

Do those coveralls come in your giant robots size and who makes them?

A dumb idea has now been posted. :D
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The Ruiner wrote:Sorry Drew, you have made an error. The game is to first post something related to the previous entry, then go with an original, random idea.

Atlas6shot wrote:not to discredit the already exisating post or its author i thought this could be funny.

just take 1% and post an item, each poster contining the chain. this should create a very random random item table

1- a copy of Pink Floyds divsion bell on cd. perfect condition

If you turn the book of love into number 21 and think of something to compliment Zero Kay's post it'll be gravy.

let see how the previus poster numbered his.....
Zer0 Kay wrote:18. Boots of Uh uh. (cursed item) while wearing these boots the wearer always happens to stand between two people. When some one is about to point or nod or otherwise gesture or direct anothers attention in your another's, you always disappear in a puff of dust nearby but nowhere in the vicinity of the directed attention. You are completely unaware of the shift. These boots have also been known as not me boots.

18. A toaster oven it isn't what you think. It is a full size oven that for whatever reason only cooks toast. And by toast I mean lightly charred bread.

18 & 18....
Taking the 2nd 18 as a 19...then plus one is ...oh..ggeee 20.

It is not bad math on my part.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
The Ruiner wrote:Sorry Drew, you have made an error. The game is to first post something related to the previous entry, then go with an original, random idea.

Atlas6shot wrote:not to discredit the already exisating post or its author i thought this could be funny.

just take 1% and post an item, each poster contining the chain. this should create a very random random item table

1- a copy of Pink Floyds divsion bell on cd. perfect condition

If you turn the book of love into number 21 and think of something to compliment Zero Kay's post it'll be gravy.

let see how the previus poster numbered his.....
Zer0 Kay wrote:18. Boots of Uh uh. (cursed item) while wearing these boots the wearer always happens to stand between two people. When some one is about to point or nod or otherwise gesture or direct anothers attention in your another's, you always disappear in a puff of dust nearby but nowhere in the vicinity of the directed attention. You are completely unaware of the shift. These boots have also been known as not me boots.

18. A toaster oven it isn't what you think. It is a full size oven that for whatever reason only cooks toast. And by toast I mean lightly charred bread.

18 & 18....
Taking the 2nd 18 as a 19...then plus one is ...oh..ggeee 20.

It is not bad math on my part.

No Kitty it wasn't the math, you broke our game. Your math was correct, but your supposed to do 2. One based off the last item someone posted. Your second whatever you want... or whatever you want to see someone else try to play against.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

abtex wrote:26. You come across a crate containing a single huge pair of giant size camouflaged coveralls. The pattern is made up with a nearby town's stores logos and names. They would make the wearer a walking billboard, but you can fit nicely into it's Punt gun's ammo pouch. Also found is map leading to a local site circled with 'DuckBills here!' on it.

What the heck does he think he is camouflaged with, you can't quite figure out the pattern.

wow, just wow. That was great.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Zer0 Kay wrote:wow, just wow. That was great.

The Ruiner wrote:Sorry Drew, abtex you have made an error. The game is to first post something related to the previous entry, then go with an original, random idea.

Zer0 Kay wrote:No Kitty it wasn't the math, you broke our game. Your math was correct, but your supposed to do 2. One based off the last item someone posted. Your second whatever you want... or whatever you want to see someone else try to play against.

Maybe, I but I think that I broke the rules twice [see above]. Unless making the mistake counts as doing it right. :? :idea:

But thanks, Zer0 Kay. :-D

Did not answer the last item.
Zer0 Kay wrote:Do those coveralls come in your giant robots size and who makes them?

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

26. (Edited, to fit the rules) You come across a large Personal Communicator that is displaying a message "Delivery in 5 seconds." and is counting down to Zer0 with a loud beep. Looking around that nothing coming. Then a Triax style Drop Pod lands right behind you. When opening it contains Hunting gear, a single huge pair of giant size camouflaged coveralls. The camouflage pattern is made up with a nearby town's stores logos and names. They would make the wearer a walking billboard. What looks like long barrel recoil-less rifle made into a shotgun and ammo for it, marked as a Punt gun. Also found is a map taped to a rest of other oversized hunting gear, leading to a local site circled with 'DuckBills here!' on it.

I am not going to say anything about the Zentradi in a towel standing outside the pod. Saying "Good, my hunting kit is here. If you have a good sized truck, I've got a job for you."

27. Also found in the Drop Pod is a Catalog, with several dog eared pages .....

taalismn
Priest

28: Biotech Catalogue---A glossy, but dog-eared, album, printed in several different languages, for 'Madam Gaia's Bio-Boutique' which apparently sells genetic modifications and biosystem implants. Those dog-eared pages? Well, they look quite real, alive, they twitch to follow your movements. And the fur on the cover looks particularly warm...

29: Rotten Tomato--You can tell it's rotten because it just threatened to cut off your 'nadgers if you don't hand over your money, your guns, and the most delectable female in your group. Seeing as the tomato in question is six feet in diameter, has 8 tentacle vines, a supernatural PS of 30, 150 MDC, six attacks per melee, and is bradishing three laser rifles and three vibro swords at you, it just might be able to make good on its threat.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

30. A tomato that's saucy- A tomato with a towel wrapped around its waist walks across your path, it appears to look at the most top heavy woman in your group (if no women are present to offend one will be provided for you) as it "looks" (cuz a tomato has no eyes) it "accidentally" drops its towel. Then starts doing what must be a pelvic thrust, while saying crude comments. When confronted about talking to a woman like that he scoffs and says he's talking to the cantaloupe twins.

If it is explained to him, he apologizes and turns eggplant purple in embarrassment.

31. Two cantaloupes suspended from a clothes line in a bra.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

abtex wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:wow, just wow. That was great.

The Ruiner wrote:Sorry Drew, abtex you have made an error. The game is to first post something related to the previous entry, then go with an original, random idea.

Zer0 Kay wrote:No Kitty it wasn't the math, you broke our game. Your math was correct, but your supposed to do 2. One based off the last item someone posted. Your second whatever you want... or whatever you want to see someone else try to play against.

Maybe, I but I think that I broke the rules twice [see above]. Unless making the mistake counts as doing it right. :? :idea:

But thanks, Zer0 Kay. :-D

Did not answer the last item.
Zer0 Kay wrote:Do those coveralls come in your giant robots size and who makes them?

It all still makes me laugh. :)

I think it's funny how Drewkitty sites the OP, as if the little game were plaing is a violation, even though the OP hasn't been here in forever and I'm the primary compiler of the lists and the soul source of the compiled spreadsheet and random item generator. But okay, if he wants to just put singles he's just not playing the game.
taalismn
Priest

32. A Lovely Pair of Coconuts---What they're doing here of all places, is anybody's guess.

33. A Pre-Rifts Manga Copy---It's Sci-Fi RomCom with some of the characters looking suspiciously like members of the party. Whoever wrote and drew this apparently liked the idea of shipping the two most mutually antagonistic characters in the group(regardless of their gender...eck, yaoi!).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

34. A western Romance novel the two people on the cover look just like you and someone in the group that can't stand you. It says the novel was written by the other person.

35. A box of q-tips, the q-tips are about 3 feet long and have balls of gotten the size of your fist wrapped around each em Uh, they're also used by something large to clean out earwax... You hope.
taalismn
Priest

36. Hearing Aide---An electronic hearing aide the size of a basketball, and obviously meant for something BIG. It could probably double as a loudspeaker with a little reworking.

37. Ceramic Lawn Gnome---A pre-Rifts lawn gnome, caked in dried blood.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

38. You see some blood covered Ceramic Lawn Gnomes burying some there you have never seen before. But for some reason you know that it's a 'KnitPicker'. What a 'KnitPicker'? Go over and put it back together, to see it. That is if the Gnomes let you.

39. A robot Lawn Mower seem to be on guard duty in a nicely cared for yard and garden. It's watching your party closely.
Last edited by abtex on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taalismn
Priest

40. Robotic Weedwhacker---A robotic weeder seems to be engaged in combat with mutant weeds, regardless of who wins, they'll come after you next, because you're standing in their territory.

41: Bottle of Tequila---With a live Worm of Taut(any variety) in it. It's not happy that it was stuffed, via magic, into a decidedly small bottle, and will cheerfully take out its rage on whoever opens the bottle.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

42: Bottle of Wood Alcohol- Um this stuff gets anyone tipsy just from smelling it (see cross-eyed for a week), will kill any mundane if they sip it and will give any greater being including Old Ones liver, or whatever they use for one, disease. The bottom of the bottle says made OF Wormwood.

43: Square Table- A large square table washes ashore or falls from the sky which ever is closer. It has a blue and red segmented design which fans out from the middle each made to have an equal share of area. There are names like Lancelot, Bedwyr and Tristan.
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:42: Bottle of Wood Alcohol- Um this stuff gets anyone tipsy just from smelling it (see cross-eyed for a week), will kill any mundane if they sip it and will give any greater being including Old Ones liver, or whatever they use for one, disease. The bottom of the bottle says made OF Wormwood.

43: Square Table- A large square table washes ashore or falls from the sky which ever is closer. It has a blue and red segmented design which fans out from the middle each made to have an equal share of area. There are names like Lancelot, Bedwyr and Tristan.

44. Chessboard---A chessboard made of alabaster and obsidian. No pieces included. If pieces are put on the board, set up for a game, and left unattended, the next time somebody looks at the board, it will appear as if a game has already been played, with pieces scrambled on the board, and others removed from it(lating next o the board).

45. Headphones---A headset, with earphones and attached microphone. If put on, a squeaky voice speaking with a mangled accent will begin asking the wearer questions about what's their favorite robot vehicle, what's the strongest person in their party, what details about their lives and adventures, who do they think is going to win the Minion War, etc...Roll versus psionic attack each melee the headset is on; a failed roll means the person is effectively being dominated and will answer the questions, even if they are of a revealing, personal, or security-sensitive nature. The person also loses a point of IQ per melee they are under the headset's influence. At an IQ of 0, the person is effectively a drooling vegetable, limited in action only to spastic tremors. The victim can regain their IQ at a rate of 1d4 points per day, but not if they still have the headphones on. The headphones are a demonic manifestation of an entity known as an Intellect Siphon, which feeds on other people's cognitive energies. Removing the headphones and destroying them(a simple matter; the headphones only have 1d6 MDC) will free the victim from the brain-suck and allow them to start the process of recovery.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

46. A disarmed Glitterboy with giant head phones on, is dancing and making jet assisted cabriole, echappe, entrechat, jete, tour en l'air, and pa de chat. Bounding with strength of a kangaroo, flying through the air like a sparrow and landing with the grace of a cat... A half ton cat but still. And not just that doing moves that look like they're from a cirque's silkwork act. The artiste is part of a traveling circus practicing his routine.

47. A Glitterboy lands near you with a deep thud, takes a couple steps and stands stalk still as it fires at something. Your blown back 60 or so feet from its recoil compensation system and you can't hear anything but a tone in your ears. The GB leaves. When you go to investigate what the hell happened you find another GB, disarmed, and decapitated. From the stat its in it appears as if it too was jumping through the air but was either sent head over heals to land upside down against a tree or was doing flips. :lol: nah, it probably got flipped by the impact of the shot... now what's that guy over there trying to say to you?
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

47.. I don't understand what happened here Zer0Kay
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

48: a new Helmet shaped like a GlitterBoy's head.

49 A bit of skin with a tiger tattooed onto it. The tiger jumps onto the 1st person to touch the skin, the the old bit of skin crumples to dust. That person not has a Magic Tiger tattoo that when activated is in full living color. (not the gray most magic animal tattoos look like when activated.)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:48: a new Helmet shaped like a GlitterBoy's head.

49 A bit of skin with a tiger tattooed onto it. The tiger jumps onto the 1st person to touch the skin, the the old bit of skin crumples to dust. That person not has a Magic Tiger tattoo that when activated is in full living color. (not the gray most magic animal tattoos look like when activated.)

:) Does it answer to Drew?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Zer0 Kay wrote:

You should know Cats don't come when called they just take up residence as is their due.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

You should know Cats don't come when called they just take up residence as is their due.

Then I must have met some species confused creatures either in appearance or demeanor. :)
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

#50.

A bit of skin with a tiger tattooed onto it. The tiger jumps onto the 1st person to touch the skin, the the old bit of skin crumples to dust. That person has a Magic Tiger tattoo that when activated is in full living color. (not the gray most magic animal tattoos look like when activated). However, this tattoo was created by someone who couldn't spell. And also stuffed up the magical ceremony somewhat when they initially created the tattoo. So when you summon the tigger, it bounces around on it's tail, singing something like "the wonderful thing about tiggers".

#51.

You spot a donkey. A sad donkey. A purple donkey. Actually it's a sad purple donkey. He comes up to you and asks you if you've found his tail. Make a save vs ritual magic or become sad & depressed for 1d4x10 minutes.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
taalismn
Priest

52: Pilloried Arse---A set of stocks, set up beside the trail/road, with a man locked in them, his posterior positioned towards the path. A sign(in pictures, if necessary), or a helpful bystander, states that the man is pilloried for various public offenses, and his punishment is to be available to have his butt kicked by any passersby for at least a day. The man is blindfolded and gagged, but if freed of those, he'll deny that he's guilty of any such things as stated. However, after some discussion with the guy, one quickly gets the impression this guy is an @$$(he can be a bigoted jerk, a conscience-less bandit, a hopeless punster, a bully, or suchlike). Whether he deserves to be punished for it, is up to the players. On the other hand, if the PCs are feeling depressed and feel no compunction about inflicting a little pain, haul off and start kickin'.

53: Magnifying Glass---A small brass-and-glass magnifying glass. If used on something, it will quickly reveal itself to show not simply an enlarged image of things, but things unseen. At the GM's prerogative, it can show fingerprints on objects, UV damage to skin, invisible writings, microscopic societies living on larger things, the entire light spectrum, magically hidden/camouflaged objects. etc.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:52: Pilloried Arse---A set of stocks, set up beside the trail/road, with a man locked in them, his posterior positioned towards the path. A sign(in pictures, if necessary), or a helpful bystander, states that the man is pilloried for various public offenses, and his punishment is to be available to have his butt kicked by any passersby for at least a day. The man is blindfolded and gagged, but if freed of those, he'll deny that he's guilty of any such things as stated. However, after some discussion with the guy, one quickly gets the impression this guy is an @$$(he can be a bigoted jerk, a conscience-less bandit, a hopeless punster, a bully, or suchlike). Whether he deserves to be punished for it, is up to the players. On the other hand, if the PCs are feeling depressed and feel no compunction about inflicting a little pain, haul off and start kickin'.

53: Magnifying Glass---A small brass-and-glass magnifying glass. If used on something, it will quickly reveal itself to show not simply an enlarged image of things, but things unseen. At the GM's prerogative, it can show fingerprints on objects, UV damage to skin, invisible writings, microscopic societies living on larger things, the entire light spectrum, magically hidden/camouflaged objects. etc.

I can only assume Eeore led to donkey kick which led to kick... Low relation score. :P. Funny though.
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:I can only assume Eeore led to donkey kick which led to kick... Low relation score. :P. Funny though.

Tenuous, but satisfying... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Ruiner
Explorer

taalismn wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:I can only assume Eeore led to donkey kick which led to kick... Low relation score. :P. Funny though.

Tenuous, but satisfying... :twisted:

I just assumed that (arse) was another word for donkey, which led to getting kicked in the arse.

The Ruiner
Explorer

#54. Steampunk Goggles---These goggles are carved out of wood with brass/bronze trimmings with inlays of intricate designs or gears placed into them. The lenses are not glass, but some sort of thin cut crystal. Colors vary (though ruby quartz is popular for some reason). Putting on the goggles alows the user to have x-ray like vision alowing the user to see through most substances. Maximum depth penetration for this effect is 5ft. Sliders with additional lenses of varying intensity are toggled into place to acheive different depths of the x-ray effect.

#55. Bad Lip Reading---You encounter a being who appears to be the same race as the most prominant race within the party and speaks the dominate language, (or just default to human/english). He is not agressive, but every time he speaks his mouth does not match the sounds comming out of his mouth. Is it a skill that allows him to do this? Magic? Some sort of translator?

No matter the origin of the phenomenon the result is the same. His speech is very disorenting and kind of annoying, so much so that all who can hear AND see it must make a save under their M.E. or be compelled to Kung-fu fight him and each other.

taalismn
Priest

56. Milli Vanilli CD----A CD of Milli Vanilli's 'greatest hits'....only the CD case play list doesn't match the actual order of music on the CD. Worth about 100 credits to collectors of pre-Rifts memorabilia, about 1 credit to anybody who actually knows who Milli Vanilli was.

57. Model Rocketry Kit----Enough materials and engines to make up about a dozen model rockets with a range of about 3,000 ft(would do about 2d4 SDC if used as a weapon at ranges of 500 ft or less. With some tinkering and some extra materials, they can be converted into flares or incendiary weapons.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

58. A rocket booster seat a dozen model rocket engines are strapped to the bottom of a child's booster seat. Wow, musta been one sick puppy that made this up.

59. A dagger of invisibility superior. To activate it you have to unsheathe it but someone always considers the act of unsheathing it a hostile action so the spell never works... it is a nice looking dagger though.

Return to “Rifts®”