Skull of Osiris

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Drex
D-Bee

Skull of Osiris

Unread post by Drex »

Hello,

So I'm creating a campaign that revolves around locating the various body parts of Osiris and was looking for some information. Right now it seems the locations of 4 body parts are revealed in the books. The one that is eluding me is the Skull of Osiris. from checking the forums and such it seems there is a hook line sinker some where for the Skull and it's either in Africa or Hades. Does anyone know what book this is described in? I'm guessing either Rifts Africa or in a Rifter magazine. I'm posting this in PF since this will be a PF campaign and if it's in Hades that might tie into PF a bit more. Any thoughts?
Prysus
Champion

Re: Skull of Osiris

Unread post by Prysus »

Prysus wrote:
TheGameMaster wrote:Now for the other part, I don't have all the PFRPG books(only book 1, the old ones, monster and animals, high seas, Eastern terratory, Yin-Sloth jungles and Mnt. Nimro) and I was wondering if someone could give me the known locations of the Osiris parts?

Greetings and Salutations. There is another thread (old now) asking the same question. You can find it here:

http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/v ... =8&t=92948

I may have missed something but ....

Skull: Hades (Rifts Dimension Book 10)
Eye (not sure which one): Madhaven (Rifts World Book 29)
Heart: Eastern Territory (PF Book 11)

The thread has page numbers and a few more details. There is also a Pyramid of Osiris listed in the Old Ones (PF Book 2, it's shown in a couple of maps) as well, but no details on it. This temple is possibly holding one of the pieces (but not described), is one of the fakes Isis set up to throw off Set's minions, or had a piece but it has since been stolen by someone else. Hope that information helps. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I couldn't remember who had the Skull. I knew it was one of the Demon or Deevil Lords. Great recall Prysus.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

It's in the Hades dimension book. Modius has it as an "ace up his sleeve" against the forces of light.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
URLeader Hobbes
Explorer

Unread post by URLeader Hobbes »

You should totally toss some of those other skull artifacts out there as proxy ones. Maybe someone has Poor Yorick from one of the SOT books and is passing it off as the skull of Osiris. Also Rifts Mysitc Russia has a number of enchantments that can empower skulls in the Bone Magic section.

Easy enough to have some proxy skull hidden somewhere and have a few adventures around that..

LOL Maybe you could even work a "Head of Vecna" angle into it. :-)
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Drex wrote:Hello,

So I'm creating a campaign that revolves around locating the various body parts of Osiris and was looking for some information. Right now it seems the locations of 4 body parts are revealed in the books. The one that is eluding me is the Skull of Osiris. from checking the forums and such it seems there is a hook line sinker some where for the Skull and it's either in Africa or Hades. Does anyone know what book this is described in? I'm guessing either Rifts Africa or in a Rifter magazine. I'm posting this in PF since this will be a PF campaign and if it's in Hades that might tie into PF a bit more. Any thoughts?

Drex-
I have a long-running campaign based on getting all the parts- it is in my signature. Feel free to browse and ask any questions.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Klaus027
D-Bee

Unread post by Klaus027 »

Left Foot pg 160 Adventures on the High Seas
Rib Cage - Listed as second possibility pg 25/26 Splynn Dimensional Market (in possession of necromancer in Africa)
Right Eye - pg 47 Madhaven
Tongue - pg 6 Arms of Nargash Tor (1st ed adventure) http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/cutt ... /arms.html
Skull - pg 26 Dimension Book 10: Hades
Skull - Also pg 25/26 Splynn Dimensional Market (in possession of necromancer in Africa)
Heart - pg 158 Eastern Territory
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Klaus027 wrote:Left Foot pg 160 Adventures on the High Seas
Rib Cage - Listed as second possibility pg 25/26 Splynn Dimensional Market (in possession of necromancer in Africa)
Right Eye - pg 47 Madhaven
Tongue - pg 6 Arms of Nargash Tor (1st ed adventure) http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/cutt ... /arms.html
Skull - pg 26 Dimension Book 10: Hades
Skull - Also pg 25/26 Splynn Dimensional Market (in possession of necromancer in Africa)
Heart - pg 158 Eastern Territory

Great list!

Since the Hades book mentions that Modeus has the skull of Osiris, it seems to me that this vague necromancer in Africa who had the skull has since lost it. The rib cage was an optional way presented to a G.M. to "beef up" the Necromancer for a fight, so whether or not this necromancer really had it is questionable in the first place. But I can infer some likely/possible scenarios from all this:

1. A party (or parties) followed K'Rynn Katar the Bone Merchant's tip into Africa, defeated the Necromancer, and returned to K'Rynn with the parts of Osiris. K'Rynn then kept the rib cage (if it was there) but turned the skull over to Modeus because the Demon Lord made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
  2. Pharoh Rama-Set's minions tracked down the Necromancer themselves and defeated him or her, taking the parts of Osiris back to their dark master. Rama-Set then gave the skull to Modeus (again, he was likely made an offer he couldn't refuse), but kept the rib cage for himself.
  3. A third possibility, and the one I like the most, is that both the party or parties following on the Bone Merchant's tip encountered the Necromancer at the same time the Pharoh's minions did. A three-way battle broke out and ultimately, the Necromancer lost. The spoils of victory were (begrudgingly) split between the party working for K'Rynn and the minions of the Pharoh - the minions brought the skull back to Rama-Set, while those following the Bone Merchant's tip brought the rip cage (for great profit) back to K'Rynn, who has kept it in his personal stock.

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I was gonna plan an adventure where a necromancer got all the parts bonded with them to become "necrosiris"!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

The Dark Elf wrote:I was gonna plan an adventure where a necromancer got all the parts bonded with them to become "necrosiris"!

That sounds hilarious, awesome, and devastatingly terrifying.

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Hmmm... wonder if that would let the necromancer access the devotional energy that has been poured into Osiris over the millennia. I also wonder if it would have a somewhat mind-altering effect on him, as Osiris's lost spirit was attracted to his rejuvenated corpse.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”