Ideas for updated Phase world,s OCC?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Ideas for updated Phase world,s OCC?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell Me How would you Update and Improve the Phase world,s Occ?
I think giving each of them special skills.

I hope they revisit and update Phase world,moving some New things in and moving out old things out to put in other book,and Update the Art too.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Ideas for updated Phase world,s OCC?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Making the skill "The Principles of Magic" an OCC skill for mage chars.
Mages being chars that learned to make magic.
[[Not Granted magic users (priests, warlocks, & witches), nor Intuitive magic users (mystics, mystic knights and their variants).]]
{{Racial magic abilities are a gray area where the skill might be a part of that race's RCC if it is more trained then intuitive.}}
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

gaby wrote:Tell Me How would you Update and Improve the Phase world,s Occ?
I think giving each of them special skills.

I hope they revisit and update Phase world,moving some New things in and moving out old things out to put in other book,and Update the Art too.

You wanna be more specific about what you consider 'old things' in the book? As an intro book to the Three Galaxies, it's all new from the perspective of the new player.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

I would like to see the magic users reflect thousands of years of gathered knowledge and tradition, and contact with high tech cultures. Magic users still seem to carry a behind the times vibe for me. I don't see why people feel magic is so good in a high tech setting, when most of Palladiums spells are cut and pasted from a high fantasy game.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Shadow Wyrm wrote:I would like to see the magic users reflect thousands of years of gathered knowledge and tradition, and contact with high tech cultures. Magic users still seem to carry a behind the times vibe for me. I don't see why people feel magic is so good in a high tech setting, when most of Palladiums spells are cut and pasted from a high fantasy game.

And let's not forget almost 99.99999997% of all the anti-tech spells are "Useless againt MDC machines" I.E.; energy disruption , Negate mechanics. Same goes for creation and reapir of MDC materials.

As a GM I just fudge the as-writ descriptions, but something official would be nice. :nh:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

DhAkael wrote:
Shadow Wyrm wrote:I would like to see the magic users reflect thousands of years of gathered knowledge and tradition, and contact with high tech cultures. Magic users still seem to carry a behind the times vibe for me. I don't see why people feel magic is so good in a high tech setting, when most of Palladiums spells are cut and pasted from a high fantasy game.

And let's not forget almost 99.99999997% of all the anti-tech spells are "Useless againt MDC machines" I.E.; energy disruption , Negate mechanics. Same goes for creation and reapir of MDC materials.

As a GM I just fudge the as-writ descriptions, but something official would be nice. :nh:

Unless they are TW magic items....which tend to bend the rules of the base spells.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well I think the CDF Officer and CDF Trooper would be better with MOS,seting up the jobs in CDF,s Ships.

The Ships can be move to a New Book,like they did to Vampire Kingdoms.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

gaby wrote:Well I think the CDF Officer and CDF Trooper would be better with MOS,seting up the jobs in CDF,s Ships.

The Ships can be move to a New Book,like they did to Vampire Kingdoms.

They didn't move the ships in Vampire Kingdoms...I think you're thinking of Rifts South America.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Fleets of the Three Galaxies has a huge array of space specific spells.
If you want more high tech goodness look at the combat magic in Mercenary Adventures (anyone can learn this stuff)
And the Chaos Magic in the Chaos Earth book Rise of Magic (There are invocation versions of these supposedly, a level would have to either be figured, or just assume they fall in the 'no level' category)

But the uses of magic from there (and the basic spells) are endless.
Impervious to Energy, magical armor (cheaper than fixing stuff), fast easy healing, spells that can knock out technology, spells that can knock out engines, spells that provide information, spells to move things....
You don't try to 'out tech tech' with your magic you pick magic that does stuff that complements your tech.
Yeah sure, in a high tech setting your not going to have as much use for create fire or create bread and milk but frequency jamming and engine flame out are a lot more useful.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

One of the really nice things about magic, is Armor of Ithan ship shields can be put up *right* after they're knocked down, normally three times per day, while tech shields tend to stay down for awhile.

A lot of magic's advantages is it kinda hits things from a different angle than tech. Rift cannons on ships, and so on.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”