Lost FoM2 Book

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Lost FoM2 Book

Unread post by Fell »

Federation of Magic 2: The Old Guard Rebellion

I was flipping through older Rifters and came across this.

The revised FoM1 book was nice, but the whole area of the FoM needs more attention.

Hope this FoM2 book comes back as a possible new book.

With the Minion War stuff going on this would be a great time to see FoM2.

So while you are all at the PoH ask ok!? :)
Dan Frederick
everloss
Explorer

Re: Lost FoM2 Book

Unread post by everloss »

I have the original FoM and have never had the opportunity to look through the newer version.

I know they took out the new spells, so what did they replace them with?

Another FoM book would be nice, since the FoM is the archenemy of the Coalition, yet we know very little about it, even with the FoM book.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

everloss wrote:I have the original FoM and have never had the opportunity to look through the newer version.

I know they took out the new spells, so what did they replace them with?

Another FoM book would be nice, since the FoM is the archenemy of the Coalition, yet we know very little about it, even with the FoM book.

They just replaced it with a 109 PA update of Dweomer. Basically, nothing changed except they are wary of CS agression. Not that it matters, because Dunscon still cant get everybody unified. It also describes some specific shops and NPCs ala Merc Town style. Nothing too cosmic.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I would not hold out hopes for this book. There have been a lot of books mentioned in the Rifter that have never materialized. I would say that at minimum I would wait until they announce that they have an author writing the book.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Oh I know, there are many "lost" books which have been mentioned.

Just happens *my* favorite bad guys are the FoM.
Wish there was more out about them other than what's in FoM1 and Minion War book.

Just feels like a big gap is missing by not having more details on the FoM.

I can't afford a plane ticket to the PoH so you guys need to vicariously put a bug in Palladiums ear about:

More FoM!
Dan Frederick
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

That feeling of dread when you realize the inventor of Kuznya magic is an all-father and can probably learn to create automatons.

Plus he didn't want to share Kuznya magic with humans (his son did without permission).

Coincidentally the Koschei are Kuznyas. So maybe he likes to teach them?

and then suddenly, immortal Greater Demons learning to be Controllers.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®”