Dealing with a spell-whore

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Dealing with a spell-whore

Unread post by Glistam »

ronekiln wrote:Have a horde of faeries put him on trial for killing their pet wooly dragon with CoS. A faerie court played as a horde of the most over the top caricature of add toddlers hopped up on speed, sugar and caffeine is hilarious. Bring in the most obnoxious younger sibling to play the prosecutor as a guest character. Yes, I speak from experience.

What a great idea!
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Glistam wrote:
ronekiln wrote:Have a horde of faeries put him on trial for killing their pet wooly dragon with CoS. A faerie court played as a horde of the most over the top caricature of add toddlers hopped up on speed, sugar and caffeine is hilarious. Bring in the most obnoxious younger sibling to play the prosecutor as a guest character. Yes, I speak from experience.

What a great idea!

I am soooooo stealiiiiii errrr borrowing this idea for future use. :lol:
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

eliakon wrote:If your not a fan then by all means change things in your game sure.
But the official rules have changed how the psi-stalker works (actually as Nekira pointed out they clarified what the original word 'capture' meant)
Which means that technically no, under the rules it doesn't exist. It can be houseruled back into existence by a GM sure. But by the rules as they are written? No it doesn't exist. (and the 'you can just nick something and drain it of all its PPE' arguably never existed which would mean that 'what works fine' is quite possibly a house rule anyway....)

So...if my Stalker has lured a mage into a pit trap, and the mage has no magical or tech method to escape...he's still not restrained? :badbad: Howzabout if I collapse it so he's pinned to the neck?

Ah, bother...just toss 3 type 3 fusion blocks, and suck back the doubled PPE. :twisted:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Fae are great. I once tricked a psi-stalker into partaking of a fae feast...he went around kissing everything in sight, dancing, singing with 23 toes and purple skin.

It didn't help that he had a PB of 6 naturally.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”