Best ways to modify a human?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cosmicfish
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Hi.

Best ways to modify a human?

Unread post by cosmicfish »

I am trying to figure out a foil for a campaign, a group of "natural"-looking humans who have been modified to make them more effective warriors/wizards/whatever. To that end, I am looking for a list of ways to modify humans, ignoring alignment/moral issues (these are bad guys), along with the ways they can work together. Off the top of my head I have:

1 - Minor cybernetics (various): Can interfere with magic, but limits on what can be done and still look natural.

2 - Psionics (various): Generally limited if practitioner of magic.

3 - Bio-wizardry (WB2, WB21): Doesn't interfere with anything else, with a few exceptions.

4 - Tattoo magic (WB2, WB6, WB21): Interferes with magic abilities past 6 tattoos.

5 - Human Mutations (WB 13): Innate, so cannot be added after birth.

6 - Cosmo-Knight / Fallen Knight (DB2): Massively changes individual, must initially be good, interferes with most other modifications.

7 - Psynetics (SB2): May be visible (not entirely clear to me), not generally something you can just buy.

8 - Gene-Splicer modifications (SB2): Not EVER something you can just buy, likely to have massive unwanted effects.

Can anyone add to this list (or correct it, if you see errors)?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Best ways to modify a human?

Unread post by eliakon »

cosmicfish wrote:I am trying to figure out a foil for a campaign, a group of "natural"-looking humans who have been modified to make them more effective warriors/wizards/whatever. To that end, I am looking for a list of ways to modify humans, ignoring alignment/moral issues (these are bad guys), along with the ways they can work together. Off the top of my head I have:

1 - Minor cybernetics (various): Can interfere with magic, but limits on what can be done and still look natural.

2 - Psionics (various): Generally limited if practitioner of magic.

3 - Bio-wizardry (WB2, WB21): Doesn't interfere with anything else, with a few exceptions.

4 - Tattoo magic (WB2, WB6, WB21): Interferes with magic abilities past 6 tattoos.

5 - Human Mutations (WB 13): Innate, so cannot be added after birth.

6 - Cosmo-Knight / Fallen Knight (DB2): Massively changes individual, must initially be good, interferes with most other modifications.

7 - Psynetics (SB2): May be visible (not entirely clear to me), not generally something you can just buy.

8 - Gene-Splicer modifications (SB2): Not EVER something you can just buy, likely to have massive unwanted effects.

Can anyone add to this list (or correct it, if you see errors)?

First big question....
Do you want to keep only to Rifts books, are can we dip into the whole Megaverse? And even if we keep it to Rifts.....
-There are canon Diabolists, which offers the ability to use wards of permanence (how many is debated but....).
-Sea Inquisitor
-Apok (the mask may or may not survive off Wormwood and if it does it may or may not have powers.)
-Cold Blood still look pretty natural (but might not be as close as you want)
-Juicer/Jape system?
-M.O.M.? (Don't forget you don't HAVE to have the studs, the actual implants are tiny, and can be totally concealed)
-Total conversion borgs can still 'look' human (light bionic body)

Also as of WB: 21 Bio-Wizardry now has limits to how much can be done before you change class into a bio-borg...
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
cosmicfish
Dungeon Crawler

eliakon wrote:First big question....
Do you want to keep only to Rifts books, are can we dip into the whole Megaverse?

So long as it is compatible with Rifts, that is fine.

eliakon wrote:-There are canon Diabolists, which offers the ability to use wards of permanence (how many is debated but....).

Are there rules for using this in Rifts? Or are you just applying the Fantasy rules?

eliakon wrote:-Sea Inquisitor

Good catch.

eliakon wrote:-Apok (the mask may or may not survive off Wormwood and if it does it may or may not have powers.)

To the best of my knowledge, they lose all their powers off of Wormwood, and while I did not specify it as a requirement I want to avoid any modifications that are limited to a specific location to function. Which also rules out all the other Wormwood modifications.

eliakon wrote:-Cold Blood still look pretty natural (but might not be as close as you want)

Source?

eliakon wrote:-Juicer/Jape system?

To clarify, when I mean "look human" I mean that they can pass for human, naked if necessary, without losing their powers. I passed over Juicer mods because the only way they could pass that test is if they got their abilities through a Gene-Splicer.

eliakon wrote:-M.O.M.? (Don't forget you don't HAVE to have the studs, the actual implants are tiny, and can be totally concealed)

How concealed? I thought they had to protrude through the skin, and if that is the case then M.O.M. is out by my criteria.

eliakon wrote:-Total conversion borgs can still 'look' human (light bionic body)

Good catch, although I am not sure if they can really pass for human under more than a cursory glance. Plus this is incompatible with just about any other kind of modification.

eliakon wrote:Also as of WB: 21 Bio-Wizardry now has limits to how much can be done before you change class into a bio-borg...

I hate those rules, the rules for switching OCC's are pretty messed up.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

If branching out of Rifts, Heroes Unlimited offers Super Soldiers, Experiments, and Eugenics as ways to modify Humans.

If I recall correctly, the Robot R.C.C. can be a Transferred Intelligence, and if so, a mage who does so only loses half his P.P.E. and has no other penalties.

Nazcan Line Magic offers options to make its own lines/magic permanent, and it's stated that these processes are what allow them to create one of their class of Mystic Warriors.

The Bionics Sourcebook offers the Cyber-Human as a Humanoid cyborg designed to look Human (or like some other race), specifically for infiltration purposes.

Rifts Japan offers some limited magical Tattoos through the Yakuza that grants enhanced strength and M.D.C..

In Rifts: China the Geofront has a sort of synthetic skin which turns one into an M.D.C. being. It's only half as powerful outside of China, but still better than nothing.

Psycape has that special training for "Opening the Third Eye" that can double the power of one psionic ability.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
cosmicfish
Dungeon Crawler

Glistam wrote:If branching out of Rifts, Heroes Unlimited offers Super Soldiers, Experiments, and Eugenics as ways to modify Humans.

Good catch.

Glistam wrote:If I recall correctly, the Robot R.C.C. can be a Transferred Intelligence, and if so, a mage who does so only loses half his P.P.E. and has no other penalties.

Okay...

Glistam wrote:Nazcan Line Magic offers options to make its own lines/magic permanent, and it's stated that these processes are what allow them to create one of their class of Mystic Warriors.

Yes, but other than a full-fledged Rune Warrior are there any other options?

Glistam wrote:Rifts Japan offers some limited magical Tattoos through the Yakuza that grants enhanced strength and M.D.C..

Good catch, Tattoo of Strength.

Glistam wrote:In Rifts: China the Geofront has a sort of synthetic skin which turns one into an M.D.C. being. It's only half as powerful outside of China, but still better than nothing.

Does it lose power outside of China? I don't see anything in there about it being Chi-based, and that is the only thing that I know of that would cause it to be less effective elsewhere.

Glistam wrote:Psycape has that special training for "Opening the Third Eye" that can double the power of one psionic ability.

Do you know where that is? I cannot find it in the xaxt-damned indexless Palladium book.

That having been said, we can add Psyscape Psi-Implants to the list (WB12).
cosmicfish
Dungeon Crawler

As an addendum, I should say that I am specifically (but not exclusively) looking for modifications that do not require a specific OCC or change to a specific OCC. I might use such an individual, but I want the group to include a variety of OCC's.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Tw psionic implants.
Four bionic implants.

Warrior of Valhalla.

Psi-Battalion training.
Psyscape third eye.

Yggdrasil gift of knowledge.

Add Megahero. Js.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

cosmicfish wrote:
Glistam wrote:Psycape has that special training for "Opening the Third Eye" that can double the power of one psionic ability.

Do you know where that is? I cannot find it in the xaxt-damned indexless Palladium book.

WB12, p.29; Special Powers of the Psyscape Psychics.

Witchery pacts (Dark Conversions p.170) can grant some significant powers. Comes with a bonus nipple that can be concealed anywhere on the character's body. The text is not 100% clear on whether the character must take up the Witch class or whether they've just got to be evil and loyal to their supernatural master.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Nobody mentioned Power Armor or Robots.

Sharpshooter skill.
cosmicfish
Dungeon Crawler

say652 wrote:Warrior of Valhalla.

This is limited to servants of Odin, which is a pretty huge limitation.

say652 wrote:Psi-Battalion training.
Psyscape third eye.

As the results of very long training, it would seem that these would either be mutually exclusive or found only in an older character.

say652 wrote:Yggdrasil gift of knowledge.

Good catch. Downside is almost certain death or insanity.

say652 wrote:Add Megahero.

Not really something you "add", but worth noting.
cosmicfish
Dungeon Crawler

say652 wrote:Nobody mentioned Power Armor or Robots.

Because they aren't really modifications, they are equipment.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Most deities enhance their favorites, like the Aztec war good.
Same bonuses and armor looks like home pantheon. Greek or Persian etc.

And I was autocorrected.

The robot n power armor should have said, transferred essence.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

cosmicfish wrote:
Glistam wrote:If branching out of Rifts, Heroes Unlimited offers Super Soldiers, Experiments, and Eugenics as ways to modify Humans.

Good catch.
More specifically, many of those enhancements from the Eugenics category are available as "add-ons" to characters in the Aliens Unlimited Galaxy Guide book, so no O.C.C. change is required.

cosmicfish wrote:
Glistam wrote:If I recall correctly, the Robot R.C.C. can be a Transferred Intelligence, and if so, a mage who does so only loses half his P.P.E. and has no other penalties.

Okay...
A robot could be designed to look completely human, right down to synthetic skin and looking like a specific person. If it has a "Transferred Intelligence" then someone else (possibly the one the robot was designed to look like) actually transfers their consciousness into the robot. If that person has magic or psionics, they can continue to use them but with their energy pools cut in half. See Aura would still identify the character as human because it has a human essence. This option, while drastic, certainly qualifies as a way to enhance a human while having them continue to look human.

cosmicfish wrote:
Glistam wrote:Nazcan Line Magic offers options to make its own lines/magic permanent, and it's stated that these processes are what allow them to create one of their class of Mystic Warriors.

Yes, but other than a full-fledged Rune Warrior are there any other options?
You'd have to look at the specific list of Nazcan Line magic, but basically if there are useful spells this option would essentially treat them as tattoos (if on the person) or as objects (if on an item the person has in their posession).

cosmicfish wrote:
Glistam wrote:In Rifts: China the Geofront has a sort of synthetic skin which turns one into an M.D.C. being. It's only half as powerful outside of China, but still better than nothing.

Does it lose power outside of China? I don't see anything in there about it being Chi-based, and that is the only thing that I know of that would cause it to be less effective elsewhere.
I thought I recalled that anything from the China books were reduced to half-power outside the influence of the Yama King's, but I can't produce a specific page number.

---------------

Some other options:
Ninjas and Superspies martial arts. The Revised Ninjas and Superspies has notes for how Rifts characters could learn the martial arts forms, and the powers they get can allow the characters to have M.D.C., inflict M.D.C. in melee, and do other strange, cool, unexpected stuff. A drawback to this is that each martial art form takes years to learn, so this may not be quick enough for your needs.

Secondary Vampires can pass for human, though that is a one-way transformation. Rifter #49 had some very cool options for vampires, too, as well as some very cool variants which all may be worth a look.

World Book 11, somewhere around page 90 there was a table of abilities for humans that could give slight bonuses to the character. Nothing game breaking, but 2 (or 3 if a mutant) could add up to an edge that may matter. The sort of genetic engineering that could result in these abilities being "given" to a character was not outside the realm of possibility in the book if I remember correctly.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

eliakon wrote:-Apok (the mask may or may not survive of wormwood and if it does it may or may not have powers.)

To the best of my knowledge, they lose all their powers off of Wormwood, and while I did not specify it as a requirement I want to avoid any modifications that are limited to a specific location to function. Which also rules out all the other Wormwood modifications.

I thought the apok mask was the only symbiote that could survive off of Wormwood.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Earth warlock spell.
Transfer essence. Without losing 1/2 ppe. Js.
Not written or mentioned in spell text, reeks of the dreaded Nerfherders and their EVIL Demunchkining powers -_-
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

cosmicfish wrote:As an addendum, I should say that I am specifically (but not exclusively) looking for modifications that do not require a specific OCC or change to a specific OCC. I might use such an individual, but I want the group to include a variety of OCC's.

Nightbane (I don't think that's been mentioned yet). Though they might fall into any number of categories you started with.

There are two symbiotes in Psycape, one of which is more villain while the other is more in the gray area. This might fall under Bio-Wizard option, though isn't quite Bio-Wizardry. One of them (the gray, sorry forget the names off hand) will boost ISP and available powers.

Could also do lycanthropy curse, or similar creatures who can assume human/non-human form (or via magical metamorphosis). Off hand I'm not sure if there are details about it as a curse, but there are the were-creatures/metamorphs in a few books (VKo, Canada, Tengu, etc).

Something else to remember is that some can possibly pass them off as humans externally, or w/o detailed look. An Auto-G (DBoNA, and one of the SoT books), Dwarves, Elves, Changelings, Demi-gods, godlings, etc. It really depends the level of exactness you want.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Witchcraft. Gifts of Power can essentially function as superpowers; Gifts of Union simply get UGLY. Give them all the same master, and you can sorta go nuts with the powers, and they've all got reasons to work together. Only canon modification is that they have a third nipple somewhere on their body.

Another option: Demigods or godlings.

Another Option: Essence Fragments possessing people or corpses, similar to Zyllphan (sp) in England.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Outside of rifts...
still human and looks human...
HU2 MB Mutants w/o any Odd appearances.
AU:GG Genetic modifications.
PU2, Eugenics power cat.
N&Sr The cyber agent

Not human but looks human
Nightbane (pre NBSG)
Night Lords' avatars.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

SittingBull wrote:
eliakon wrote:-Apok (the mask may or may not survive of wormwood and if it does it may or may not have powers.)

I thought the apok mask was the only symbiote that could survive off of Wormwood.

It is, and the Apok wouldn't lose any of its non-Mask powers in any case off of Wormwood there's nothing to suggest that they have to remain on Wormwood to retain their powers. The only things that don't work off of Wormwood are things that explicitly require Wormwood to survive, i.e. the Symbiotes and worms and such (other than the Apok Mask, which is tied to the Apok and not Wormwood).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nightmask wrote:
SittingBull wrote:

It is, and the Apok wouldn't lose any of its non-Mask powers in any case off of Wormwood there's nothing to suggest that they have to remain on Wormwood to retain their powers. The only things that don't work off of Wormwood are things that explicitly require Wormwood to survive, i.e. the Symbiotes and worms and such (other than the Apok Mask, which is tied to the Apok and not Wormwood).

I am sort of sorry I mentioned them.....I just hope that the ancient and long running ideological war known as "The Great Apok Threads" does not hijack and consume this thread.
(short answer is: It depends on how the GM rules based on which of the contradictory lines of text in the books that they choose to prioritize over which other lines.)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Check out my super vagabond I made with the help of other posters. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=141295

This particular guy is an ogre, but you can easily turn him into a human if need be.

He basically has max cybernetics (psinetics), tattoos, and symbiotes and knows Tae Kwan Do and is all Rifts legal. Max augmentation with min penalties.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

The Imbued hero, there is a chance anyone can benefit from the Imbuing agent and anyone can make it.

I don't think powers for a few hours should change the occ, very similiar to a Chiang ku power potions.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Ways to modify a Human?
Ultimate Vagabond?

How much time you got, how many books you want to use? Do you want to cross over from Rifts to other systems? How munchkin do you want to go? Rifters Yes or no?

Tell you what, here is a list, mix & match to heart's content.
I recommend the Vagabond O.C.C. (just love that 'Eyeball a fella' skill, and the best OCC to abuse like this)

Official Books
Spoiler:
-Rifts: Manhunter - Starting Human (or Terran) stats, why? extra skill bonuses and 1D6 MA... (Bonus Munchkin Points - Serum X from the Zone Boy doesnt explicitly state it is limited to Zone Boys)
-PFRPG Mysteries of Magic Book One: Half Wizard O.C.C. add on (Bonus Munchkin Points get a Familiar, and enhance it, Super Bonus Muchkin Points, combine with Nightbane World Book 3 for more Familair options, Principles of Magic, Inventing Spells, and so much other magic related goodies, and for more Points, Rifts Dimension Book 07 Megaversal Builder for some REALLY cool familairs).
-Rifts World Bood 07: Underseas: Sea Inquisitor O.C.C. add on
-Rifter #50: Latent Psionics (Official Article)
-Rifts Conversion Book One: 2 Major and 4 Minor super Powers if Vagabond (Bonus Munchkin Points: Convince your GM you spend enough time on another world before returning to get the bonus skills) [Worried about the No Psi restriction? Dont be, you dont have psionic powers, you are only a latent Psi].
-Rifts Conversion Book Two: Warriors of Valhalla (dont worry, you arent a Practitioner of Magic, you gave that up, remember, that is why you are only a half-wizard).
-Rifts Conversion Book Two: Yggdrasil, Why? Because! That's Why! ;)
-Rifts Mercenary Adventures: You went through Boot Camp, Congrats!
-Rifts World Book 02 Atlantis: Visit the Azlum Asylum, be experimented on by Bio-Wizards (Munchkin Bonus Points: your symbiote is an experimental creation, head on over to Powers Unlimited 2 and create your unique Symbiote)
-Rifts World Book 09 South America 2 & PFRPG Book 11 Eastern Territories: Why get Atlantean Tattoos when you can get Nazcan Line Drawing Tattoos or Danzi SPirit Tattoos (Bonus munchkin Points, Rifts Japan, or better yet, Rifter #29, and throw a Yakuza Tattoo in there).
-Rifts World Book 12 Psyscape: Since you already visited Azlum time to head here and enjoy some third eye opening (yes, you dont have to be born there to get this, just get the training).
-Rifts World Book 13 Lone Star: Whaddaya know, you are a Natural Human Mutant, congrats.
-Rifts World Book 15 SPirit West: Renegade who does his best to hold with tradition. Say hello to your Totem Animal and Minor Fetishes
-Rifts WOlrd Book 26 Dinosaur Swamp: Steel Tree Root Brew, need to reverse that other alignment reversal....
-Rifts Sourcebook 03 Mindwerks: You have been caught by a Gene-Splicer, yay for you.
-Rifts Dimension Book 05 Anvil Galaxy: You have been caught by a Gene-Tech, double down on the fun abilities.
-Rifts Dimension Book 11 Dyvall: Caught By Deevils, the Bio-Vats for you, good luck.
-Rifts Dimension Book 12 Dimensional Outbreak: Do the rounds of the Educational Themepark, come away with skills and other bonuses.
-Heroes Unlimited Second Edition Revised: Need more skills? Go back to school!
-HU2 Powers Unlimited 2: Eugenics has some nice text about minor augmentations for other people. Also head on over to the Aliens Unlimited Galaxy Guide for more Genetic Engineering.
-HU2 Villians Unlimited Revised: Meet Doctor Mindbender, he has some meds for you, enjoy the Psi Powers. While you are here why not visit the Temple of the Dragon King and get some more training in combat.
-HU2 Century Station: the Halcyon Procedure, so nice why not take it twice?
-Ninjas & Superspies: Have a martial arts form (Bonus points: Use Rifter #03 to pay only a few skill slots for it).
-N&SS Mystic China: False Immortal Template Add-On (cause why not?). I am fond of the Alchemical Immortal.
-PFRPG book 08 The Western Empire: While here why not avail yourself of the many specialty schools available, Master SHang's Dojo, Miss Enneren's Manners School, and a half dozen others....
-Systems Failure: While here why not take your non-master-psi powered self and get some NORAD Psi Training (available without switching OCCs!)
-Nightbane Survival Guide: Roll for your SPecial Aptitude Bonus (also available in Robotech 2nd Ed books, and Dead Reign).
-Nightbane Book 4 Shadows of Light: Why not become a card carrying member of the Library of Tartarus?
-Robotech 2nd Edition The New Generation: Rifts Earth is a harsh place, so the Earthborn Human add-on seems appropriate.
-Robotech 2nd Edition: The Genesis Pits: Get Exposed, experience minor mutations. (Bonus Munckin Poiints, also use 1st Ed Robotech Book 05 Invid Invastion for more goodies).
-Rifts Black Market: Be a black marketeer, get benefits, get abilites, have fun.

Odd Jobs
If you look around the books enough you can find that just by having done something or being part of something you can get bonuses (skills, powers, equipment, sometimes spells, or psi, or more).
For instance:
Spoiler:
-Rifts World Book 01 Vampire Kindgom Revised:
    El Paso Police
    El Paso Gangs (The Trogs are my fav, HotM powers for everyone)
    Ciudad Juarez Police
    Ciudad Juarez 'Good Cops'
    Ciudad Juarez Gangs (bonus points for The Guard, then you can still be a Good Cop too).
    Reid's Rangers
-Rifts Vampires Sourcebook:
    Reid's Rangers (expanded)
    Doc Reid's Vampire Survival Kit (they hand these things out free, who says no to free equipment)
    Deathspike Human Agents add-on
-Rifts World Book 10 Juicer Uprising: Kingsdale Militia
-Rifts World Book 11 Coalition War Campagin: Commissioned Officers get Bonuses (so why not merc-trained ones from the Headhunter Academy)
-Rifts World Book 12 Psyscape: Why cant the Headhunter Academy also train their own Psi-Battalion equivalent?
-Rifts World Book 27 Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp: The Second Neenok Expedition
-Rifts World Book 28 Arzno Vampire Incursion: Arzno Mercenary Corps (cause yay magic weapons)
-HU2 Aliens Unlimited Galaxy Guide: The TMC, I mean dang, each department gets bonuses, and just being Mage or Psi gets bonuses, and you get equipment too.
-Dead Reign Source Book 04 Fear the Reaper: On your tour-de-megaverse why not become a Road Reaper while on Dead Reign Earth. They gots some nice bonuses and equipment.

Rifters
Spoiler:
-Rifter #19: Mental Skills
-Rifter #21: More Familair Goodies
-Rifter #27: Combine with Through the Glass Darkely and get some real nice Sorcerous Proficiencies for your non-mage (lets hear it for that half wizard)
-Rifter #49: Be a Lazlo Citizen, and while you are add it do a tour in the Lazlo Defense forces
-Rifter #56: Absconder OCC add-on (Bonus Munchkin Points, use the Any Vehicle text to build yourself a SPace Ship from the AUGG creation rules. Dont forget that Transdimensional TMNT has Time and Dimension Hopping vehicle add-ons).
-Rifter #66: Eagle Knight Securities Agent, be one
-Rifter #67: Protect the Queen as a member of her Warlock Guard. Get a Magic Weapon or Object for it.
And now for the Power Combo:
    -Rifter #50: Heroic Legacy (Warlock Guard)
    -Rifter #37: Secret Base Creation Rules (inherited from Heroic Legacy)
    -Rifter #03: Spacial Realm Creation Rules (special property of the Secret Base)

Other Stuff
This stuff is out there, but I havent used it yet as incompatible with the above (from what I can tell, if you put on your munchkin glasses all of the above is compatible, just dont forget to take those glasses off).
Spoiler:
-Rifts Dimension Book 10 Hades: Born a Generational Slave
-Rifts World Book 26 Dinosaur Swamp: Fort Hawkins Training Program (Wilderness Scout Enhancement)
-Rifts Adventure Sourcebook 03 The Black Vault: Special Anti-Magic Response Squad training for the CS (or your favorite Headhunter Academy).
-Robotech 2nd Edition The New Generation: Spaceborn Humans, Human/Zentraedi Hybrids, Human/Tirolian Hubrids
-Dead Reign Main Book - Half-Living add-on
-The Rifter #64: CS Psychic Training & Martial Arts Add-Ons

Is this everything out there? Probably not.
Should you use most of these? Not if you dont want your GM to laugh at you.
Is combining a lot (or all) of the above into one character munchkin as hell? Youbetcha!
Why do I have this? Cause I can.
:fool: :bandit:
Oderint Dum Metuant.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

This is the vagabond that won my munchkin creation contest.

Stat and post it.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

say652 wrote:This is the vagabond that won my munchkin creation contest.

Stat and post it.

With great power must also come great responsibility. Posting a fully stated out version of the above would be a disservice, not a service, for there are people who would try and use it. Either in a game (possibly slightly modified), or as an NPC. And he is not to be used in any way. This vagabond is an example of munchkinism run limitlessnessly amok. It should remain ideological. Nay if one wants such a monstrosity I have provided most (but not all) of the building blocks. But all the grind work must be one's own.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Stat and post it.

He did? I had no idea.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Kagashi wrote:

Stat and post it.

He did? I had no idea.

Actually it was my Vagabond being referred to.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Pnume biform whales/dolphins/orcas are all modified humans.

Lemurians in theory are genetically modified humans as well.

Song juicer from australia

Not sure if coldblooded was mentioned from merc adventures
Jorick
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jorick »

There's an NPC in merctown who's backstory includes running into an artifact in central or south america that turned him into a werejaguar. One could imagine such an artifact being found anywhere in anyone's possession (to be used for intentionally modifying minions), so I believe that means he can pass as human naked, and therefore this meets the criteria.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

kaid wrote:Pnume biform whales/dolphins/orcas are all modified humans.
...snip

They are a new races of created by fusing humans with Orca and humans with dolphins. a bit different from modified humans.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
...snip

They are a new races of created by fusing humans with Orca and humans with dolphins. a bit different from modified humans.

Well it was a pure human that was magically merged with an orca/dolphin/whale thats a pretty modified human.

Really its biowizardy on really grand scale.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Kagashi wrote:Check out my super vagabond I made with the help of other posters. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=141295

This particular guy is an ogre, but you can easily turn him into a human if need be.

He basically has max cybernetics (psinetics), tattoos, and symbiotes and knows Tae Kwan Do and is all Rifts legal. Max augmentation with min penalties.

I recall N&SS mentioning TKD is one art that could've survived the Rifts but it didn't give guidelines on its skill cost like it did for HU chars, which did you use?

*thinks Boogie-Men make the best vagabonds due to 'eyeball a fella' being so apt*
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

kaid wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
...snip

Well it was a pure human that was magically merged with an orca/dolphin/whale thats a pretty modified human.

Really its bio-wizardy on really grand scale.

My point is that they are not just 'modified humans' and that they are a "Race." Like what is presented in the book is the decedents those Orca and Dolphins that were fused with humans.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
kaid wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
...snip

Really its bio-wizardy on really grand scale.

My point is that they are not just 'modified humans' and that they are a "Race." Like what is presented in the book is the decedents those Orca and Dolphins that were fused with humans.

Well since he already has equally massive changes (Genesplicers, Cosmo-Knight, Bio-Wizardry, Eugenics....) and a device that turns you into a were has been mooted..... Yah, I think "have the Lord of the Deep turn you into a Biform is a plausible 'modified human' suggestion.

mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

Unread post by mercedogre »

how about shape-shifters, Changelings or Auto-G's? Were-creatures?
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

mercedogre wrote:how about shape-shifters, Changelings or Auto-G's? Were-creatures?

Changelings, the Auto-G, and (to my knowledge) Were-Creatures, in Palladium, are their own species, not modified humans.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

Unread post by mercedogre »

But they can pass for humans
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

mercedogre wrote:But they can pass for humans

But that wasnt the question.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

eliakon wrote:Well since he already has equally massive changes (Genesplicers, Cosmo-Knight, Bio-Wizardry, Eugenics....) and a device that turns you into a were has been mooted..... Yah, I think "have the Lord of the Deep turn you into a Biform is a plausible 'modified human' suggestion.

Sure, but didn't the LotD stop making them due to their penchant for rebellion?
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Q99 wrote:
eliakon wrote:Well since he already has equally massive changes (Genesplicers, Cosmo-Knight, Bio-Wizardry, Eugenics....) and a device that turns you into a were has been mooted..... Yah, I think "have the Lord of the Deep turn you into a Biform is a plausible 'modified human' suggestion.

Sure, but didn't the LotD stop making them due to their penchant for rebellion?

Yes, but it still has the ability to make them. So its still possible that you could have a few new ones pop up. It would require something that can make a deal with the LotD, but if this is a party of evil minion types then maybe their master might understand the LotD enough to offer something it wants. (sure its thoughts and motivations don't make sense to normal mortals....but to another AI it probably makes a lot more sense.....)

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

iirc, there is speculation that the lord of the deep doesn't actually consciously create pneuma-biforms. it just sorta... happens perhaps it's a byproduct of making other horrific monstrosities. i don't recall anything stating he has stopped making them, though i also don't recall anything stating he hasn't explicitly.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Shark_Force wrote:iirc, there is speculation that the lord of the deep doesn't actually consciously create pneuma-biforms. it just sorta... happens perhaps it's a byproduct of making other horrific monstrosities. i don't recall anything stating he has stopped making them, though i also don't recall anything stating he hasn't explicitly.

Page 50 of Underseas is pretty explicit that they were deliberately created through the LotD's ability to fuse life forms.
It is also noteworthy that it says that "Almost every pneauma-biform escaped".....not all of them, almost all of them....
So its possible that there are some who are still in service to the LotD.

Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

A super hero human that also has an OCC. Make use of the HU2 sourcebooks.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

13eowulf wrote:
mercedogre wrote:But they can pass for humans

But that wasnt the question.

Substitute the Gypsy shapeshifter class in Mystic Russia? :)
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Super Rogue scholar, sea Inquisitor, warrior of Valhalla.

Three minor powers.
Energy Expulsion Energy.
Body weapons.
Healing Factor.

4 minor psionics.

So double hp& sdc, spell negation, Forcefield, magic armor, and the bomb diggetity Destroy supernatural evil.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Warriors of Valhalla have to be a Man at Arms OCC, far as I know. Odin is picky like that. So no scholars, and thus no super powers :)

Of course, you could probably be a Berserker, since they choose skills per Vagabond or Wilderness Scout who are Adventurer OCCs.

If you want to go by the Sea Inquisitor OCC, off-hand I don't know whether to call them Warrior or Adventurer, but you have to pick one or the other and choose either WoV or powers, can't do both.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Text says no magic users Tor.
Normally your all over word play, are feeling ok?
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Also nice catch on the Super Berzerker.

Add bad sideburns done b.o. And I could get the thread locked.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Hu2 Armageddon Unlimited = Vagabond with Mystically Bestowed by Demon Lord could have 5 Major Superabilities !!!
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

13eowulf wrote:
mercedogre wrote:how about shape-shifters, Changelings or Auto-G's? Were-creatures?

Changelings, the Auto-G, and (to my knowledge) Were-Creatures, in Palladium, are their own species, not modified humans.

Lycanthrophy Curse is an option to get a were-creature.

Return to “Rifts®”