Tirrvol Sword fists

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

Tirrvol Sword fists

Unread post by mercedogre »

Tirrvols have the option of becoming Cyber-knights, but from where would their psi-swords protrude? Any opinions are welcomed.
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Tirrvol Sword fists

Unread post by eliakon »

Their 'sword fists' I would presume since it replaces their hand.
Basically they extend a psi extension from the tip of the sword.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

That, or I'd make their sword-fist "glow" with the power.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I'm with Mack. I'd have it sort of surround/glow around their swordfists.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by PSI-Lence »

could go with either option, the first i thought too was a "glow" around the natural sword (of course this gives them no range advantage)

out the tip of their sword first would give them more range but may make detailed or close in strikes harder (like anything in grappling range or trying to cut someones binds)

maybe out of their "thumb spike' giving them basically a double slash with the psi-sword + natural sword in the same slash

or even 'held' by the prehensile feet?
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

mercedogre wrote:Tirrvols have the option of becoming Cyber-knights, but from where would their psi-swords protrude? Any opinions are welcomed.

Given there are examples of Psi-Sword power acting differently for the some creatures, like sprouting from a tail to form a stinger, I can see the Psi-Sword:
-being done to cover one of their "fists" (or both if they can do two)
-extending from one/two (level) of their bone blades for added reach, which can go with the one above since at level they can change size/type
-wielded by their feet, though this to me would seem an odd way for them to think about fighting in melee (i get that they can fire a gun this way)
-sprouting like a horn(s).
-appears perpendicular to their blade/fists or from their "thumb" area
-psychically it floats in the air and moves as if attached to an invisible limb. Psi-Shield still forms on their arm.

The last option (psychically floats) doesn't seem right.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I like the idea of it coming out of their feet. If you think about usual depictions, cyber-knights physically hold their psi-swords, and the Tirrvol can only do that with their feet, not their hands.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

I would be suicidal if I was stuck playing one of these. I would ask for super telekinesism, or free normal telekinesis, instead of a psi-sword.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane

Return to “Rifts®”