Rifter Submission Idea-Gods and Goddesses

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mwhowell2001
Megaversal® Ambassador

Rifter Submission Idea-Gods and Goddesses

Unread post by mwhowell2001 »

I was just on the phone with the PB order line when my mind started wandering as I thought about needing to reorder Pantheons of the Megaverse and the old Rifter swimsuit editions.

I am hoping somebody with more time on their hands than me will take this idea for Rifter and run with it. How about using Kevin and other staff members to make a Pantheon? Could do MDC stats for Rifts Earth and SDC stats for PFRPG.

What do you guys think?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Rifter Submission Idea-Gods and Goddesses

Unread post by Glistam »

The Palladium staff as gods and goddesses, statted for the Palladium system? Ugh, no thank you. Unique gods and goddesses never before seen and not based on real life people? I'd consider buying that.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
mwhowell2001
Megaversal® Ambassador

Glistam wrote:The Palladium staff as gods and goddesses, statted for the Palladium system? Ugh, no thank you. Unique gods and goddesses never before seen and not based on real life people? I'd consider buying that.

Thanks for the feedback. Normally I use my own gods for a game too. My thought was that the staff are people who are responsible for the creation of a Megaverse...sounds like a god story to me. I was thinking it might be something fun to add into a game, it feels kind of parody-ish to me. I know it may not be an idea that peeks everybody's interest.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Not quite gods, but check out Heroes of the Megaverse. The Machine (true name Kevin Siembieda), The Ghoul Queen (Kathy), The Martian (Alex), The Open Fist (Julius), The Smith (Wayne), and the Wuj (Erick). Making them also into gods would be a continuity crash (in my opinion), but if you rather gods a few minor stat tweaks (mainly to MDC) could probably turn those "heroes" into a pantheon without much effort. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
mwhowell2001
Megaversal® Ambassador

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. Not quite gods, but check out Heroes of the Megaverse. The Machine (true name Kevin Siembieda), The Ghoul Queen (Kathy), The Martian (Alex), The Open Fist (Julius), The Smith (Wayne), and the Wuj (Erick). Making them also into gods would be a continuity crash (in my opinion), but if you rather gods a few minor stat tweaks (mainly to MDC) could probably turn those "heroes" into a pantheon without much effort. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.

I will check it out. I'm glad you brought that to my attention. I'm looking at placing an order in a couple weeks and will add it to my list.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

mwhowell2001 wrote:I was just on the phone with the PB order line when my mind started wandering as I thought about needing to reorder Pantheons of the Megaverse and the old Rifter swimsuit editions.

I am hoping somebody with more time on their hands than me will take this idea for Rifter and run with it. How about using Kevin and other staff members to make a Pantheon? Could do MDC stats for Rifts Earth and SDC stats for PFRPG.

What do you guys think?

Palladium's staff as fantasy gods in skimpy swimsuits? Sounds awesome!
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
mwhowell2001
Megaversal® Ambassador

Hotrod wrote:
mwhowell2001 wrote:I was just on the phone with the PB order line when my mind started wandering as I thought about needing to reorder Pantheons of the Megaverse and the old Rifter swimsuit editions.

What do you guys think?

Palladium's staff as fantasy gods in skimpy swimsuits? Sounds awesome!

Lol, words cannot describe the swarm of mental images that came to me after reading that.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”