ripping/tearing question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

FenriZ
D-Bee

ripping/tearing question

Unread post by FenriZ »

Hi there, long time player here. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there were any official rules for Supernaturally strong characters ripping the arms/legs off robots and power armour or is it just reduce the MDC to zero?
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Re: ripping/tearing question

Unread post by Khanibal »

Yeah, MDC to zero. I think tearing damage is equivalent to punch damage. Also, with a large machine, leverage will be a problem. The Giant spell may be of use there.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Tear/Pry attacks do 1/2 punch damage.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

One of the atemi can do damage when you have the target in a lock so in theory could be used to rip of a limb giving sufficient time.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
FenriZ
D-Bee

Unread post by FenriZ »

In The Juicer Uprising book it makes mention of Titan Juicers ripping the limbs off Coalition robot vehicles.
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

FenriZ wrote:In The Juicer Uprising book it makes mention of Titan Juicers ripping the limbs off Coalition robot vehicles.

They may be big enough to get leverage.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)

Return to “Rifts®”