Best Demigod Combinations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Best Demigod Combinations

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

gadrin wrote:I've been putting together some PCs recently after reading Megaverse Builder and the Dimension Riders, which have a few DGs among their members.

(using Pantheons of the Megaverse)

what Power and OCCs do you favor ?

magic and psionics. i'll take an enhanced phisical attrigute if I really want that one fouces on.

and, when they say OCC they also mean PCC or RCC psychic character classes like the Mind Melter, Psi-Tech, Psi-Nullifier or Zapper?

I'll have to say no, they can get limited master psionic powers from onnly from taking the appropraite power.

OCC is not RCC.

[/quote]also, if you choose a magic OCC but NOT power #10, does the DG still get all 1st level spells, 2nd level spells etc ? (or is that just part of #10 ?)[/quote]

learn by OCC unless you take power 10 corespondingly.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Best Demi-God combo:

Demi-God with the Super Spy OCC

Take the option for Super Powers (Which I think is 1 major & 1 or 2 minor). Then select your other powers from Demi-God.

Done.

:D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

gadrin wrote:
Kittenstomp wrote:It's just a part of power #10. So if you play a Demigod of Anubis who has necromantic powers for free, he'll learn all necromancy spells over time, but if he's also a ley-line walker, he'll have to learn those spells the hard way, one at a time.

yeah, so maybe Warlock/Shifter or Warlock/Ley Line Walker.

I put together a Mind Melter/Shifter, who's not quite as powerful as I thought, but still, not bad.

There's no reason to take a Burster if you go the 5-super/+1 less category and use Pyrokinesis as one of the majors.

One last question:

if you go with Power #9, do you use the Godling's ISP + 4D6 since the Demigod only gets OCC/ISP + 4D6 or is that the restriction against choosing a RCC/PCC instead of an OCC ? (like Nekira sez).

the old FAQ seemed to take an "anything goes" approach.

with power 9 you get the Godling's ISP
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

My munchkin slayer is a Demi-God with Shadow Warlock powers from Nightbane (Spell magic and nightbane talents).

His OCC is Sea Inquisitor - with a hefty dose of psionics.

But like I said, this guy is exclusively used as a munchkin killer
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

Jefffar wrote:My munchkin slayer is a Demi-God with Shadow Warlock powers from Nightbane (Spell magic and nightbane talents).

Me thinks there is some sarcasm in yonder post.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

No, actually there is no sarcasm whatsoever.

I only use this character to kill munchkins - he's never failed.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Jozell
Newb

Re:

Unread post by Jozell »

Jefffar wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:33 pm My munchkin slayer is a Demi-God with Shadow Warlock powers from Nightbane (Spell magic and nightbane talents).

How are you getting psionics and the shadow warlock powers?
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Re: Re:

Unread post by Jefffar »

Jozell wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:50 am How are you getting psionics and the shadow warlock powers?
Depending on how you read the Sea Inqusitor OCC rules it lets you stack a Master Psionic class.

Treating the Shadow Warlock as a Warlock lets you take it as a Demigod's magic power option, so you get incantations up to your level and one Nightbane Talent per level.

Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Devjannz »

I have a Demi-God who is half True Atlantean from Alexandria in the UWW. He is a Galactic Tracer OCC and has the Magic Power. It gives him access to the abilities of a Ley Line Rifter. He uses the Teleportational Hitchhiking ability to follow those that can use such abilites so that they cannot get away from him.

His godly parent is Hermes (though the character does not know this) and the GM that ran the game I was playing him in had me give him the Super Power - Extraordinary Speed to reflect this.

He is a fun character but I mainly use him as an NPC these days. Maybe one day I will find a group that I can be a player in and get to play him again.
"Hurry, were running out of time!"

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

Demigod with Psionics/Phase Mystic occ. Heavy Psi and anti-magic
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Phase mystic OCC with magic, preferably Temporal magic. This was so powerful I ended up not allowing it.
“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell”

- General Philip Henry Sheridan, U.S. Army 1865
Rifter11
Explorer

Unread post by Rifter11 »

I like the combination of Demi God and High Magus. No, you're not supposed to be able to do that (no supernatural creatures) but that didn't stop them from doing exactly that with an NPC in Merctown...and if they can do it, so can I! Lol

At 5th level, you'll have ALL 1st-5th level and ALL 11th-15th level spells. Plus a smattering of the ones between. By 10th level you have ALL spells but Legendary ones.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

In games where it's not limited to the selections in RCB2, a TW with the demigod magic of an Obsidian Spell Thief obviates the class's downside, albeit while raising the question of just how wide a variety of spells their divine ability grants per level.

Return to “Rifts®”