Naruni Wave 2...

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Naruni Wave 2...

Unread post by NMI »

any reviews yet?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

There was one over on the Rifts Boards, but I'll go ahead and give it a go.

Naruni Wave 2

Starts off with an indepth look at Naruni Enterprises, that's right, how the company ticks a little. It's nice to see how it is all about Bankrupting another and then placing them beneath you to do your work. And it's very interesting to see that death is not a very acceptible punishment in the Corp. Because everyone is a possible laborer, and all companies need laborers. Other than that, they explain how Rifts Earth is an embarassment to the company and how the faction (more complicate NE workings, just like any company) that failed are going to try again, with new leadership. And then they introduce the Moloch Enforcer, the much talked about, but never (until now) statted muscle next to the Repo-Bots.

Then you get into the lovely Naruni Summer Catalog, which details all the old weapons. plus the many new ones. And the best part, it's like the writer are talking to you like Sales Reps (something I found amusing). Then you get new weapons, such as the Slim Line (cuts down the profile of the weapon), Multi-Rifles (I think the best thought was Zorg from The Fifth Element. Thanks, Phalanx), and even more nastiness. Trust me, all the strong characters will be oozing over the Vulcan Plasma Cartridge Mini-Gun. Yes, it is as powerful as it sounds.

And then you get the Robots, Power Armors, Vehicles, Drones, and Spacecraft. Spacecraft!? On Earth!? Well, not yet, but some crazy sales rep has watched to many Anime and thought the idea of an atmospheric spacecraft attack would be great. I felt a little blah about this section, but I attribute that to my lack of Mecha taste as of late. But there are some cool new designs and such, like the Sun Chariot, a transformable robot to Unicycle like attack vehicle, or the Reaper which just plays upon the name to well.

Overall, the book is a nice addition to anyone looking for the Tech side of Rifts. Artwork is nice, most everything has a picture, except for the one thing that you'd like to have one for (the 'Wrath of God' Dreadnought). I found it to be a nice insight on the company workings, and even enjoyed the new weapons, for the powerful ones have many 'catches' that keep them from being overly abused. I say, good book.

But is it a little bias coming from a guy who unquestionably buys every new Rifts book? Of course not. :lol:
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
dakota
Wanderer

Unread post by dakota »

Now that I finally got it and had a chance to peruse it, I'd have to say it's a decent little book. It has a nice mix of new tech, without catering to the hoards of drooling munchkins awaiting it's arrival. I especially liked the new "Spit fire " racing bike and look foward to them expanding the concept in future books, and the idea of the " Classic Earth" plasma handguns can certainly add a twist to any game in the right hands.

The only thing I didn't like were the Molock Enforcers. They just don't seem to fit well with the rest of NE.
I'm not sick, I'm twisted. Sick sounds like there is a cure....

Administrator of The Playground
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Yeah, the artwork is a nice relief as well. I have no real disputes with the book thus far. For anyone who needs more fighting equipment or plans on running an exciting Phase World campaign...I would HIGHLY recommend this wonderful little addition to the Dimension book family.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Well, I love the timing of this book. I am just starting a Phase World campaign (ok, more megaversal, but starting in Phase World) and I allowed the players to obtain Naruni weaponry. The catch, I didn't have Wave 2 when we started the characters and such, so now the whole book is mine to do with as I please. I was thinking about letting some of the lighter or more marketable weapons be available, but holding back the bigger guns for Naruni themselves (since it does tell of how Naruni keeps the best for themselves). I was planning on just upgrading the existing weapons for them, but now I will be using the new stuff (and I can't wait until they cross NE and they get a Repo-Bot sent at them, with a Vulcan PCMini-Gun!). I also got alot of adventure ideas from reading the Naruni Business Practices and Lifestyles. I kinda relate NE to the Men--Tel Corp. from the movie Fortress (good movie btw). Either way, the book inspired much in me, so I must say it is good.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Steve Conan Trustrum
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Steve Conan Trustrum »

A detailed review may be found here
Steven "Conan" Trustrum

Trustrum.com | Misfits In Action Web Comic
Sinder Sleeping
D-Bee

Unread post by Sinder Sleeping »

I think it is great, it gives ideas on lighting little fires under the CS.
When your Hot! your Hot! when your not your Toast!
Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

The morlocks kinda disappointed me.
I thought they were supposed to be some kinda bad "A" Bodyguards. Then they show up and they are tough but not nearly what was expected.
Ishmael "Betrayer of Hope" Incantare

Without hope there is nothing.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Ishmael wrote:The morlocks kinda disappointed me.
I thought they were supposed to be some kinda bad "A" Bodyguards. Then they show up and they are tough but not nearly what was expected.

what did you expect? the concept of the Molock Enforcer (at least the name) was coined by Carella, but he probably never left any notes about what he envisioned... Then comes some new writer with his own vision of Phase World and Naruni Enterprises... he knows that the Molock are one of the great mysteries of Ph W, knows that a whole N E book that did not cover them would be a major letdown for the fan base... he does not know at all what was originally intended... so what should he do? He just makes up something that he feels right, and that becomes canon, and if you don't like it, come up with something better and post it here, we'll be glad to see, try, and review.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

I honestly never really paid attention to the original referance to them in Phase World. If I had, I might have been more dissapointed in the Morlocks.

All-in-all, I still like the book, because I'm always on the look-out for new equipment to sell the PCs. If there would be any problems with the book, I'd have to say it needs more diverse technology. A little bit of something for all walks of life (though Naruni specializes in war machines and tools of destruction).

Vehicles, vehicles, vehicles...for convenience and combat.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”