Atlantis Vs. Mechinoids

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Atlantis Vs. Mechinoids

Unread post by dark brandon »

My vote is mechnoids...they kill everything.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

The-Mighty-Buddha wrote:From all the crap i hear about the mechanoids if the entire fleat of mechanoids showed up at rifts earth after cutting there way through the mutants in orbit would lose some strength, but would still probably take all of atlantis' assets and a significant portion of the rest of the earths major powers.

The full force of the Mechanoids would quite easily wipe-out ALL of the galaxy. With unobscured and certain weapons of mass destruction given in the discripitions of them in various books...they would being the universe to it's knees.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

The-Mighty-Buddha wrote:From all the crap i hear about the mechanoids if the entire fleat of mechanoids showed up at rifts earth after cutting there way through the mutants in orbit would lose some strength, but would still probably take all of atlantis' assets and a significant portion of the rest of the earths major powers.

If all the mechaniods showed up in orbit around Rift's Earth the whole planet should save them selves andd jump though a random rift. Becuase where ever you ended up would be alot better than Rift's Earth. THe entire Mechaniod force could wipe out the planet. The current mechaniod population is 800 million and they have approximately 24 billion robots. These figures are out of the Mechaniod Sourcebook. So wishing for the entire Mech. nation would be foolish.
Now a few hundered thousand to a million, with the majority being robots and not true Mechaniods would definetly stir Atlantis and make for one heck of a cool fight that Atlantis would probiby win. If they didn't win they would most likely try and take the planet with them. By by earth. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pax Concord
D-Bee

Unread post by Pax Concord »

The Mechanoids at the hight of their power would be scarier still! You realize that each mothership contained well over 1 billion mechanoids? And who knows how many motherships there were!
-Pax
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

What if this hyperthetical Mechanoid force with its P-Beam Cannons pointed squarely at Atlantis (for some unknown reason) meets the hypothetical Zentraedi force from the other thread?

Also remember that the Kitani gave the Mechanoids the best fight they had had so far. Now combine that with the power of Atlantis... maybe it's not so cut and dry as all that.

What if all the other Sploogs joined forces with Mr. Splynn? Anything that has fought the Mechanoids knows how dangerous they are, and if they had the dimensional hub that is Rifts Earth under their control then the entire megaverse is doomed.
The combined force of many Sploog empires against the Mechanoids actually may be able to stop them. They have never had to fight or adapt to magic and psychic powers before. Almost all their guns are energy weapons after all, and a quick Impervious to Energy would nullify that. I know they would adapt but if they were hit with a multi-pronged all out assault and their weapons didn't really do anything they may be caught off guard enough to actually defeat them.

Another idea is for Splynn to import phase weapons from phase world, would they hurt the cyborg inside?
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

lol AVOID THE NOID

Don't think Atlantis is going to save you when the Mechanoids take over, Brandon. You guys are DEAD!! DEADDD!!!!! TOMORROW BABY!!! Its you and the Mechanoids!! Winner take ALL!!!!! But you won't because you'll be DEAAAD!!!!
i'm the best GM ever.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

z0b wrote:
Also remember that the Kitani gave the Mechanoids the best fight they had had so far. Now combine that with the power of Atlantis... maybe it's not so cut and dry as all that.

Uh... no. The Mechinoids would have wiped the Kittani out if it had not been for the Splugorth. The Kittani may have held out longer than anyone else, but everyone else was wiped out (or nearly so...)
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

unfortunately, the splugooies have a fairly hard morgitorium on the kittanis technological capabilities.

Splinky could probably just jump to another dimension if need be, but if the mechanoids are at their height, they would give phase world serious problems, let alone a nook at our world.

However, the mechanoid invasion was stopped long before it got to that level.

Something to frett about.

Rifting is mostly magical. However, there is at least one technological means of opening rifts (the dakir and the place in lonestar).

If the mechanoids manage to find and duplicate this, the megaverse could be in peril.

Oh ya, and has anybody ever figured out how to advance abm mechanoids (both experience table and what they actually gain), please let me know.
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

A few notes on Mechanoids:

-A number of them are listed as possessing ALL psionics. So they have become even more powerful since Psyscape came out. The Telemechanic powers alone make them a match for any technology level.
-Their cybernetics seem to have no hampering effects on their psionics, so they have the best of both worlds.
-A single Mechanoid Mother Ship holds 1 billion Wasps.
-Wasps are likely to be included with Juicers, etc. in ignoring the -10 rule. They move at speeds up to mach 3, have instant acceleration, and auto-dodge at +7.
-The Mechanoid robots have two main rifles;
The first is Plasma Rifle that fires single shots, has a range of 4000', and does 1d4x10 MD.. not too shabby.
The second is a variable frequency laser rifle that does 4d6 MD per single shot and has full-auto capabilities. Since the rifle hooks directly into the bot's nuclear power supply, a Thinman or Runt with one of these rifles can fire a "full-clip burst" for 4d6x7 MD again and again without ever having to reload.
Or just a Long Burst for 4d6x5 (if I rememer right) on every attack.
-The Spider Fortress in Sourcebook 2 is not actually major artillery for the Mechanoids. Their spaceships, Black Widows, and other stuff is bigger and more powerful.
-Fun Fact: The Power Crystals that the mechanoids like to use to power their armor are made from the hearts of stars and planets that the mechanoids have devoured.
In any fight, I tend to bet on the guys who eat planets.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Zerebus wrote:Generally speaking, when a book that came out befor FoM or Psycscape says "All Psionics" or "All Magic", I grandfather it to mean all psionics or magic from the main book.

generally speaking, ALL ment ALL last time I checked. . .

just me though
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Killer Cyborg wrote:In any fight, I tend to bet on the guys who eat planets.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YES
NoJack
Explorer

Unread post by NoJack »

I always forget that the betentacled uglies have multidimensional empires... when I think of Atlantis, I mean c'mon guys if you are 'hesitant' to attack something like the CS, then the mechanoids are out of your league. Maybe if all the splugies could band together, with some other intelligences, and all the Gods from Pantheons, and some second stage promethians... you get the idea. All of RIFTS earth putting together a well coordinated, and unified attack on them would be likely to fail.
If you want good battles against the MEchanoids, then you need to say things like "Tongith only the Mechanoids Vs. Everything from the Robotech sourcebooks!" That would include the zentraedi, the humans, the Invid, and all the other stuff they monkeyed in. Yeah the SDF-1,2,3 all do a combined body block/ram on the mechanoid mothership, whaddaya mean they bounced off?
Dude... It's a tall guy dressed in black, with a weird, glowy weapon thing, and we're a couple of guards in matching shiny armor...
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Good grief, left unchecked the Mechaniods would/will become a threat to the old ones.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Killer Cyborg wrote:A few notes on Mechanoids:

Hey...Optimus Prime et al in the 80's still managed to defeat Unicrom! :lol:

Zerebus wrote:I just had a really ugly thought...

SDF-1 = smallish but powerful, transformable warship
SDF-2 "Megaroad" = much larger warship built along the lines of the SDF-1, but more meant for combat than the SDF-1 was.
SDF-3 = mostly nontransformable warship, basically a platform for its two huge main guns.

...........and they're all combiners. The SDF-2 breaks apart, forms around the SDF-1, and the SDF-3 splits in half to become a pair of ultra powerful heavy warship P-Beam rifles, added to the SDF-1 and 2's now combined and augmented shoulder mounted main guns.... all together in a single gigantic robot....

That would be nasty...if the SDF-1 & 2 weren't the same sizes... ;) (And assuming they were Transformers Combiners! :lol:)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Borast wrote:

Hmm... I thought that was Rodimus Prime who led them in the movie... maybe I need to watch it again...

Anyway...
Yes, Unicrom was defeated. And Galactus has been defeated a time or two in his life time.
But they tend to win more than they tend to lose.
Also consider that the Splugorth and their minions don't have a line of toys, unlike the Transformers and the Fantastic Four... :)
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
dark brandon
Knight

NoJack wrote:I always forget that the betentacled uglies have multidimensional empires... when I think of Atlantis, I mean c'mon guys if you are 'hesitant' to attack something like the CS, then the mechanoids are out of your league. Maybe if all the splugies could band together, with some other intelligences, and all the Gods from Pantheons, and some second stage promethians... you get the idea. All of RIFTS earth putting together a well coordinated, and unified attack on them would be likely to fail.
If you want good battles against the MEchanoids, then you need to say things like "Tongith only the Mechanoids Vs. Everything from the Robotech sourcebooks!" That would include the zentraedi, the humans, the Invid, and all the other stuff they monkeyed in. Yeah the SDF-1,2,3 all do a combined body block/ram on the mechanoid mothership, whaddaya mean they bounced off?

I don't think invid would fight mechnoids. I forget exactly what it is, but I think that invid only attack those that use some protoculture or something. I dont' think mechnoids use them. So they could join forces. And if mechnoids learn to do mechanical rifting, Everone who plays palladium books will have to burn all their books because mechnoids win palladium and kill everything.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Borast wrote:

Hmm... I thought that was Rodimus Prime who led them in the movie... maybe I need to watch it again...

Anyway...
Yes, Unicrom was defeated. And Galactus has been defeated a time or two in his life time.
But they tend to win more than they tend to lose.
Also consider that the Splugorth and their minions don't have a line of toys, unlike the Transformers and the Fantastic Four... :)

Rodimus - cartoon

Optimus - comic
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Zerebus wrote:
DarkBrandon wrote:I don't think invid would fight mechnoids. I forget exactly what it is, but I think that invid only attack those that use some protoculture or something. I dont' think mechnoids use them. So they could join forces. And if mechnoids learn to do mechanical rifting, Everone who plays palladium books will have to burn all their books because mechnoids win palladium and kill everything.

Invid stage three's and higher are humanoid bipeds, which means that the Mechanoids would force the Invid to devolve down to at least stage 2 or face extermination.

ALL Invid are bipadal.. well all but the stage one which are MOSTLY bipadal. The Rifts book mentions them being unsure about witchlings, so I kinda doubt they'd let the Invid go.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Zerebus wrote:Godblaze isn't the sort of thing a god could do over and over again, being resurrected each time. It requires a great deal of energy to perform, and eventually the deities' energy supplies would be exhausted. Yes, he can exhaust the combined energy supplies of his or her worshippers with multiple GodBlaze's. Plus, there's definately going to be a psychological toll on any repeat deific suicide bomber.

I have never heard of a 4D dragon.

Its a dragon using the temporal spell fourth dimensional creature....very, very nasty.

yep, and with a Palladium Fantasy Mind Mage to cure insanity. . . :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
NoJack
Explorer

Unread post by NoJack »

Well 4D or not I don't think there is a dragon that can do things that gods cannot. gods have tried to save one planet from the Mechanoids, and they failed barely escaping with their lives. This says something. This was a being that could teleport from battleship to battleship smashing them like flies, and still he got beat down.

If the 'Noids want to bust up our pretty little rock, then get down and kiss our homeworld goodbye. I could however see it as being more likely that hey would want to use the Rifts located here to spread their little bloodbath over the megaverse. That would be nasty too.

The mechanoids attacking Rifts earth would be like the zentraedi attacking the PFRPG world. IT's all about orbital bombardment. RE just doesn't have the punch to get stuff that's firing from orbit, and who in their right mind is going to come down without vaporizing every major population center from the safety of outer space?

Really.
Dude... It's a tall guy dressed in black, with a weird, glowy weapon thing, and we're a couple of guards in matching shiny armor...
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

NoJack wrote:Well 4D or not I don't think there is a dragon that can do things that gods cannot. gods have tried to save one planet from the Mechanoids, and they failed barely escaping with their lives. This says something. This was a being that could teleport from battleship to battleship smashing them like flies, and still he got beat down.

If the 'Noids want to bust up our pretty little rock, then get down and kiss our homeworld goodbye. I could however see it as being more likely that hey would want to use the Rifts located here to spread their little bloodbath over the megaverse. That would be nasty too.

The mechanoids attacking Rifts earth would be like the zentraedi attacking the PFRPG world. IT's all about orbital bombardment. RE just doesn't have the punch to get stuff that's firing from orbit, and who in their right mind is going to come down without vaporizing every major population center from the safety of outer space?

Really.

the gods could have, he just didn't know temproal magic :demon:

just because he's a god dosn't mean he knows everything, and is obviously not infalliable

NoJack
Explorer

Unread post by NoJack »

Good point it was Poisedon after all, but for some stupid reason he didn't call in his Panthoen to hammer the little snippets of scrap back top their own galaxy.

A much better match up would be

the good, the bad and the ugly, the 3 galaxies VS. The big, bad Mechanoids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dark brandon
Knight

Don't forget that what makes mechnoids so scary is not only are they killing machine cyborgs, but they all have some form of psionics, some with nearly all psionics. Things like sixth sense and claravoyance(?) among other psi abilites make them a difficult force to contend with.

What makes it even more scary is that I believe certain mechnoids CAN learn magic. And if the mechnoids ever got a hold of a technological Rift maker type item....well.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Zerebus wrote:The hitch with the Mechanoids and megaversal domination is that the megaverse is a very, very big place, and the Mechanoids aren't necessarily unique in veracity of numbers. All they have to do is contact a dimension ruled by another race of equally nasty, unreasoning creatures like, say, Shadow Manti or the Horde, or even a more advanced version of the Xiticix, and the Mechanoids could end up being wiped out.

Ok, so it's wishful thinking.

not really. remember, there are lots of parralel dimensions to this one where just a few diffreneces on local levels.

that means that there is more than one dimension with mechanoids in them

hows that for scary :demon:

The Artist Formerly
Champion

Daemon Ward wrote:
The Artist Formerly wrote:Good grief, left unchecked the Mechaniods would/will become a threat to the old ones.

Last time I checked, the Mechanoids were only out to destroy all humanoid life in the megaverse. 8)

They'll cut deals for short term help, but Mechanoids need planets to carve up to build more Mechanoids. And the Mechanoids are always top dog in those relationships. Mechanoids are out for Mechanoids.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Zerebus wrote:
The Artist Formerly wrote:Good grief, left unchecked the Mechaniods would/will become a threat to the old ones.

Eh, I'm pretty sure that they had a ways to go in the psionic strength category in order to keep the Old Ones from tapping into the Mechanoid's natural tendencies to use telepathy and overloading their minds, much as in the Old Ones PFRPG adventure involving a minor Old One...

Well there goes a few trillion Mechanoids, only a couple of universes full of them to go. Or, in simple speak... *Blam blam blam*

In any event, the Old Ones would probably see the Mechanoids as an interesting opportunity for some fun, and join forces with them/take command of them.

You know, I just don't see Xy submitting to being the Mechanoid's little *****.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

The Artist Formerly wrote:You know, I just don't see Xy submitting to being the Mechanoid's little *****.

You're right... I don't see Toth as being the Mechanoids newest "cheek-mate"... :lol:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

Vespers wrote:The problem with the mechanoids is they have psionics, what happenes when any psionic gets close to a resting place of an old one. I doubt they could handle a fully awoken old one. The old ones would use them for their own ends. The mechanoid would be their ******.

The problem with that is the Old One is not humaniod. The two of them might just get along,and the last thing the Megaverse needs is the Mechaniods led by an Old One like Netosa.
dark brandon
Knight

Janissary wrote:Wow, yet another thread of futility. I thought that was confined to CS Vs Insert here arguments...
Silly me :lol:

Wow, yet another futile attempt to end a futile thread in a futile way. The end result...if you say Futile enough times...it become a funny word.
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

Hmm,

Seems to me the Mechanoids would get along smashingly with N.E.X.U.S from Splicers. I also the Mechanoids as immune to the Nano-Plague in the same way Crazies, and M.O.M implants are immune to the Nano-Plague.

Even a small group of Mechanoids, say a single Battlecruiser could put the nail in the coffin of the Human Resistance in Splicers. They would use their Psionics of Tele-Mechanics to communicate with N.E.X.U.S, see a machine intelligence with similar goals, but with fundamentally flawed programming, and seek to repair this programming. The Mechanoids conception of the programming flaws would be quite different that a Human's perception of the same.

I see the Mechanoids deleting the 'Eve', and 'Lilith' personalities, and tweaking or repairing the others to exclude any compassion, and making them more Mechanoid-like. They then assist in the final eradication, of a dangerous faction of humans in the Megaverse, possibly even exporting N.E.X.U.S off-world, as an junior partner. They may even adapt the Nano-Plague as a first strike weapon, (making it more lethal) on other worlds.

Not to mention, what happens if the Mechanoids, the Manhunters, and N.E.X.U.S ever manage to hook-up...
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

6armdemon wrote:

The full force of the Mechanoids would quite easily wipe-out ALL of the galaxy. With unobscured and certain weapons of mass destruction given in the discripitions of them in various books...they would being the universe to it's knees.

It's even WORSE than that...they would have ALL of the portals to the Megaverse at their fingertips, and spread throughout the Megaverse
(there's a question for you...if a GM allows them in a scenario, and the Mechanoids infest Earth and then spread to other Dimensions, does the GM in question call other GMs and inform them that the Mechanoids have traveled thrugh a Portal into THEIR Settings, Campaigns/Scenarios, and THOSE GMs call other GMs, and so on?????)

If the Mechs take over MY Earth, I'm summoning Nxla as final revenge....he can Xombify THEM, too......
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Zerebus wrote:Yeah, this fight would be something akin to Atlantis versus an army of Unicrons on top of a major invasion by regular mecha units and space ships... It's more a matter of running away before the Mechanoids decide to cleave the planet in half...

No, that's the ''GOOD'' news. They would NOT chop up the Planet because of the Dimensional Portals....and some us might be able to hide, the same way that they do sometimes, on some of the massive Worldships.......

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Zerebus wrote:The hitch with the Mechanoids and megaversal domination is that the megaverse is a very, very big place, and the Mechanoids aren't necessarily unique in veracity of numbers. All they have to do is contact a dimension ruled by another race of equally nasty, unreasoning creatures like, say, Shadow Manti or the Horde, or even a more advanced version of the Xiticix, and the Mechanoids could end up being wiped out.

Ok, so it's wishful thinking.

It's hard for me to envision ANYTHING in the Megaverse, that could stop the Mechanoids on their own.....I'd think it would be difficult for even the COMBINED might of the Splugorth to take these guys on.....

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Artist Formerly wrote:
Zerebus wrote:

Eh, I'm pretty sure that they had a ways to go in the psionic strength category in order to keep the Old Ones from tapping into the Mechanoid's natural tendencies to use telepathy and overloading their minds, much as in the Old Ones PFRPG adventure involving a minor Old One...

Well there goes a few trillion Mechanoids, only a couple of universes full of them to go. Or, in simple speak... *Blam blam blam*

In any event, the Old Ones would probably see the Mechanoids as an interesting opportunity for some fun, and join forces with them/take command of them.

You know, I just don't see Xy submitting to being the Mechanoid's little *****.

You know, I just don't see Xy submitting to being the Mechanoid's little *****. :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! All hail XY!!!!!!!!!!!
(I'll let you in on a secret....I'm an Essence Fragment of XY/Thoth.........my mission is to study human poverty by always being broke; Thoth has cursed me to have just enough money left after Paying Bills, to eat a litttle, and not much else).
PERSONAL STATS:
IQ: 17 [allows me to stay one step of the bill Collector]
MA: 30 [talk my way out paying my friends back]
ME: 11 [don't go insane by working AND going to school]
PS: 19 [toting Study Materials.....and moving equipment at work]
Spd: 6 [you wouldn't move that fast, either, if you only had Work and School to look forward to for another 1 1/2 yrs....but capable of short bursts to Spd. 48 when goin to see my girlfriend]
PB: Don't ask.I'll probably lie about it anyway (PB...uh, 30!! yeah, that's it)
PPE: 4D6 +10 per level (but can't afford the Magic Scrolls on sale at the College Bookstore)
ISP: None!!! The College/Night Job Student O.C.C. PERMANENTLY drains the Character of ALL his ISP, and MOST of his/her Sanity!!!!

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Atlantis is a smaller army, but with air superiority and guerilla warfare.

IIRC, The Updated Wasp was a Nasty Little Mecha//Thinggy.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Malignor wrote:The Splynncryth power base will survive... it may likely have to leave if the 'noids came in full force (planet eating ships and all), but it will survive.

If it became all-out 'noids versus the Splugorth species... there won't be any 'noids after all that... remember: ZILLIONS of kydian overlords & powerlords... ZILLIONS... that's
1000 (thousands)
x1000 (millions)
x1000 (billions)
x1000 (trillions)
x1000 (quadrillions?) ... like 1000 earths
x1000 (pentillions?) ... like 1 million earths
x1000 (sextillions?)
x1000 (septillions?) ... like 1 trillion earths
... how many in a zillion?

Not to mention a new & improved Kittani, who have learned alot from their battle with the 'noids (and likely vice versa, but the Kittani have likely changed more than the Mechanoids).

Not to mention thousands of dragons with (here's an old one but a good one) a few being temporal wizards... who can thus go 4th-dimensional. I'd bet on a pack of 4-D dragons any day.

I agree with Malignor, but I must quibble over details.

Mechanoids versus ATLANTIS???? Bye-Bye, Atlantis. Hands Down. Definitely. No Saving Throw.

But Mechanoids versus THE SPLUGORTH???? Now that's a bet i would take. Either way. (Remember that Splynncryth himself has ''only'' 3 Worlds in his holdings.......and I just thought of anothre wrinkle. What if, over the course of the battle, the Mechies learn MAGIC (captured personnel)???????

:eek: whew. :eek:

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Malignor wrote:Well... there's also no escape from a 4-D being... they're omniscient and can teleport on a whim. Personally, I think 4-D is insanely powerful... should be a spell of legend in my opinion. But what the heck, right?

As for the notion of the planet being cut apart... I still say that Atlantis has enough resources to protect the island, and that's all they need. If the planet were to be cut apart it wouldn't be Mechanoids vs. Atlantis anymore... 'Noids vs. Rifts Earth... in which case I'd bet on Rifts Earth. Other than Phase World, I think Rifts Earth is probably the most powerful place of all, in any dimension. Having to deal with the CS, Lord of the Deep, plus Atlantis, plus all of South America, the NGR, Japan, Russia, China... all at the same time. That would be a horrid mess. With all the psychics (telemechanics, telepathy), spellcasters, supernatural beings and such I think the 'Noids would never manage to get the job done.

Hard to tell, Malig my (wo)man, hard to tell. One also must consider the possibility of these powers even deciding to stay together. You know how most Evil Characters work in Rifts (and perhaps in real life, too): Save my own skin, now, and fight only when I'm forced to; I'll let others sacrifice on my behalf now (anybody remember the brave, glorious sacrifices that the Dragon Kings made for Tolkeen [[sarcasm]], evn when it was stated that they could have held off, or even driven back the Coalition fairly easily??????)

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Malignor wrote:Well... there's also no escape from a 4-D being... they're omniscient and can teleport on a whim. Personally, I think 4-D is insanely powerful... should be a spell of legend in my opinion. But what the heck, right?

As for the notion of the planet being cut apart... I still say that Atlantis has enough resources to protect the island, and that's all they need. If the planet were to be cut apart it wouldn't be Mechanoids vs. Atlantis anymore... 'Noids vs. Rifts Earth... in which case I'd bet on Rifts Earth. Other than Phase World, I think Rifts Earth is probably the most powerful place of all, in any dimension. Having to deal with the CS, Lord of the Deep, plus Atlantis, plus all of South America, the NGR, Japan, Russia, China... all at the same time. That would be a horrid mess. With all the psychics (telemechanics, telepathy), spellcasters, supernatural beings and such I think the 'Noids would never manage to get the job done.

Hard to tell, Malig my (wo)man, hard to tell. One also must consider the possibility of these powers even deciding to stay together. You know how most Evil Characters work in Rifts (and perhaps in real life, too): Save my own skin, now, and fight only when I'm forced to; I'll let others sacrifice on my behalf now (anybody remember the brave, glorious sacrifices that the Dragon Kings made for Tolkeen [[sarcasm]], even when it was stated that they could have held off, or even driven back the Coalition fairly easily??????)

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Janissary wrote:Splugorth win.

Splugorth run.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Splynncryth wouldn't be by himself in such a war; he has allies he can tap, including ancient dragons, deities, and probably one or two other splugorth. I think he could very well do it, if push came to shove.
Also, look at his allignment: Anarchist, not evil. He could probably get quite a few gods of light to agree to join forces, with their own allies and minions. The mechanoids wouldn't know what hit 'em.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Re: Profit

Kestrel wrote:I agree with the Splugorth run comment. Even if Splyncryth has far more resources in your campaign (the books are vague as to how powerful he is), He runs things for entertainment and profit. When the Mechanoids come, even if he has the power to fend off an entire Mothership, it will be at such a large cost of resources that profit will go down.

Even if such a loss of resources is written off, then it would be similar to running a pristine convenience store in a devastated town. There wouldn't be any local customers, only interdimensional travellers (out of towners), and you can sell to such people anywhere.

It's also mentioned before that if Splyncryth has such vast resources, and doesn't mind the loss, why doesn't he control all of Rifts Earth? Until that question is answered in such a way as to have a lack of logic flaws, I will remain unconvinced that Atlantis would successfully stand against a Mechanoid Mothership that throws off the kid gloves.

After all, we're talking about a spaceship the size of a planet with some serious contragravity equipment. If this wasn't the case, anything that large would collapse on itself. This also means that the Mechanoids could just flip an "off" switch and create a gravitational tidal force that would rip Earth apart (likely at the cost of the Mothership), and that would be a low-tech, simple solution.

Somehow I can't envision Splyncryth having any desire to keep shop open under force-field protected, lifeless asteroids after that.

Splynncryth doesn't take over ALL of Rifts Earth for one, and ONLY one reason:

It's the only Megaversal Portal of its size and scope in the Megaverse; even Phase World, as a whole, doesn't hold such signifigance. He who has this particular plant in his or her (or its) collection would have to defend against everyone, everywher, everyWHEN. As any experienced Soldier will tell you, TAKING territory is easy. It's the KEEPING of the Territory that's the hard part.....

BTW, I'm not making this up. It's the reason KS has stated that neither Splynncryth (nor any other Splugorth) will take over the Earth........

Return to “Rifts®”