Invisiblilty:Superior

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Invisiblilty:Superior

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Quick question, does this spell make you invisable to radar to?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

I'd say no ... it shields you from visual detection, but not from all sensors.
on the other hand, you'd better be big and reflective to be radar visible... choose well your armor, and avoid being a dragon (I guess that even a borg is generally too small to give a good signature) and you're mostly scot free
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

it does. it says in the first line of the text:

A powerful incantation that makes the spell caster invisiable to ALL means of detection. if motion detectors can't sense you, nither can radar. they work on the same basic thing.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Daniel Stoker
Knight

So my sky king with the TW: Invisibility: Superior will be invisable to radar! Well in theory still ;)

Daniel Stoker
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Daniel Stoker wrote:So my sky king with the TW: Invisibility: Superior will be invisable to radar! Well in theory still ;)

Daniel Stoker

yes, yes it will. :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Daniel Stoker
Knight

I'm not THAT bad of a Technowizard. Wonderwoman may have had an invisable jet that didnt' hide her.. I won't :p

Daniel Stoker
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

svartalf wrote:I'd say no ... it shields you from visual detection, but not from all sensors.
on the other hand, you'd better be big and reflective to be radar visible... choose well your armor, and avoid being a dragon (I guess that even a borg is generally too small to give a good signature) and you're mostly scot free

Have you ever heard of the NEXRAD weather radar? It is able to detect individual raindrops. If you want to know more about radar let me know I work on them. Boy did it clear up a lot of misconceptions I had about them.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Nekira Sudacne wrote:it does. it says in the first line of the text:

A powerful incantation that makes the spell caster invisiable to ALL means of detection. if motion detectors can't sense you, nither can radar. they work on the same basic thing.

Motion sensors work off vibrations either seismic or through the air. RADAR is an acronym that means Radio Acquisition & Detection of Azimuth and Range at least according to the USAF Technical Orders. It works by transmitting a powerful radio signal and receiving the far weaker return. It then interprets the range by the time the reflection took to return and the azimuth simply by which way the antenna was pointed at the time.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

DarkWarriorKarg wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:So my sky king with the TW: Invisibility: Superior will be invisable to radar! Well in theory still ;)

Daniel Stoker

But YOU won't be! :shock:

:shock: ack not the wonder woman invisible jet deal or is it the Duck Dodgers disentigration proof vest?
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
DarkWarriorKarg wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Daniel Stoker

But YOU won't be! :shock:

:shock: ack not the wonder woman invisible jet deal or is it the Duck Dodgers disentigration proof vest?

Or his disentigrating gun. Hum...maybe i'll put that in on my next game...
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

there is too many quotes on that one. Disentigrating gun seems like something that should have been in Rifter 9 1/2. Although the Trickster Mage from said Rifter can be quite devestating to an unsuspecting opponent.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Keldonus wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:it does. it says in the first line of the text:

Motion sensors work off vibrations either seismic or through the air. RADAR is an acronym that means Radio Acquisition & Detection of Azimuth and Range at least according to the USAF Technical Orders. It works by transmitting a powerful radio signal and receiving the far weaker return. It then interprets the range by the time the reflection took to return and the azimuth simply by which way the antenna was pointed at the time.

It's, uh, magic. Doesn't matter that your radar is really fancy, the magic defeats it. It's called magic because it exists outside of and defies natural rules... you can have walls of fire burning upside down from ceilings, lightning bolts shooting from your hands, etc. Magic is exempt from physics.

My point wasn't against the magic I was correcting Nekira on the Radar and motion detectors are the same. I completely agree that Invisibility: Superior makes you undetectable to sensors. Why? Because the book says so.
Sinder Sleeping
D-Bee

Unread post by Sinder Sleeping »

Someone mentioned TW invisibility, and a Skyking, since the skyking is open in certain areas, those Areas would be seen, it mentions somewhere that if you open a hatch on a TW device that had invisibility on it that you could see thru the opening. does anyone else remember that?
When your Hot! your Hot! when your not your Toast!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Sinder Sleeping wrote:Someone mentioned TW invisibility, and a Skyking, since the skyking is open in certain areas, those Areas would be seen, it mentions somewhere that if you open a hatch on a TW device that had invisibility on it that you could see thru the opening. does anyone else remember that?

I'm sure that is refering to tanks and shuch that have doors that were closed when the spell is cast. If you cast it on the outside of say a house and then someone opens the door you can see inside. On a skyking any openings such as intakes or anything that is not enclosed at the time of enchantment should remain invisible.

Hey just thought of a great use of invisibility. Have it cast on the inside of a tank hull that way there are no blindspots. Of course you have this done before all the other equipment is installed so that you can see the equipment.

Return to “Rifts®”