Dog Boys are fast

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Dog Boys are fast

Unread post by Jason Richards »

It's the first time I've rolled one up in a while and... wow. 5D6+4D4 is the total roll, including the Running skill. Lickety split! That's like a 20 or so average. The Elkhound I'm working on has a Spd of 44, straight rolling.

ZOOM!!!

That's almost as fast as your average Juicer (Spd 45).
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Aerv
D-Bee

Unread post by Aerv »

Look at dogs like the Jack Russel Terrier. They are just little balls of energy. Can run around at high speeds for 20 hours, sleep for three, eat for one, then back to more running.
In Communist Russia, role-playing game plays you!
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

You should roll up a Dog Boy Greyhound. Their bonus to their Speed is an extra 1D4x10, and that's on top of the extra 4D4 from running and 3D6 base! Now those guys can almost put a Hyperion Juicer to shame!
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Jason Richards

the wonders of genetic engineering I suppose. now just imagine those experimental Lone Star Juicer Dog Boys. Lickety Split.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Dead Boy wrote:You should roll up a Dog Boy Greyhound. Their bonus to their Speed is an extra 1D4x10, and that's on top of the extra 4D4 from running and 3D6 base! Now those guys can almost put a Hyperion Juicer to shame!

now adjust it to give them hyperion jucier conversion on top of that. . . ;)

hey, the could make a Psi-Stalker juicer. why not?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Dead Boy wrote:You should roll up a Dog Boy Greyhound. Their bonus to their Speed is an extra 1D4x10, and that's on top of the extra 4D4 from running and 3D6 base! Now those guys can almost put a Hyperion Juicer to shame!

Mutants in Orbit has rules for making Crazy or Juicer dog-boys and mutant animals.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

There are Psi-Stalker Juicers in JU, aren't they called Psycho-Stalkers?
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

z0b wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

There are Psi-Stalker Juicers in JU, aren't they called Psycho-Stalkers?

yes, that's what I was refering to.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Jason Richards

Freefall wrote:Wow, a speed of 20 on average? That's a whopping 14 mph! Almost as fast as your average fairly athletic adult human in real life. Not bad.

Well, according to Palladium, 9 is the average attribute.

Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Freefall wrote:Wow, a speed of 20 on average? That's a whopping 14 mph! Almost as fast as your average fairly athletic adult human in real life. Not bad.

Actual average of 5D6 + 4D4 is 27.5.

Or 18.75 miles per hour.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

Jason Richards wrote:

i would argue that a fairly athletic man is not average.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
Jason Richards

Saitou Hajime wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

i would argue that a fairly athletic man is not average.

True enough.

Return to “Rifts®”