Hey Carl

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Re: Hey Carl

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Lynx8882 wrote:I was wondering if you could give a sneak peak of the Hades dimension book your writing? you know just a little tidbit to satisfy our taste buds for now

and please someone correct me if im wrong but i believe it was Carl writing this one right?

Lynx

I doubt he is even allowed to do that...
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Re: Hey Carl

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Lynx8882 wrote:I was wondering if you could give a sneak peak of the Hades dimension book your writing? you know just a little tidbit to satisfy our taste buds for now

and please someone correct me if im wrong but i believe it was Carl writing this one right?

Lynx

I doubt he is even allowed to do that...

Even if I did it still gets edited and Kevin could change it entirely. But like any dimension book it will focus on Hades, the climate, key places and demons. And the Minion wars are explored a little more. Thats a very broad description and its best that I don't go into too much detail. The manuscript is nearing completion and should be in Palladium's hand no later than the end of November. If all goes well and Kevin likes it I'm hoping for a march or april release. Although I have no idea what is already in their hands so it can get pushed back even further.

Carl
ImageImage
chaserone
Explorer

Unread post by chaserone »

I cant wait for the book to come out then. I have a PC in my game that is a priest to Lord Modeus and trying to establish a religious following to the alien intelligence while trying to hold his honor to his friends. So it should be interesting to uncover some data on what to expand on with some background information to Modeus and the Hades Realm.

If Siembieda doesnt like your manuscript, then what? Will you revise it and try again? Cus Im very interested in your ideas and the realm.
Carl Gleba

chaserone wrote:If Siembieda doesnt like your manuscript, then what? Will you revise it and try again? Cus Im very interested in your ideas and the realm.

Then I crawl in a corner and cry :D Even though its on speculation, I did submit a proposal and an outline. I've pretty much stuck with the outline and theme. I also talked with Kevin about it, and he gave me his impression on certain parts of Hades and they were easy to include. I didn't try to rewrite any cannon material. So I'm sure he'll like it. However, once I send it in, it becomes the property of Palladium. So we'll both see.

Carl
ImageImage
King Chopper
Explorer

Unread post by King Chopper »

Send it to me, I'll........spellcheck it! Yea! Spellcheck, thats what I'll do. :D Trust me!
If I weren't a snob, I'd be unworthy of being French. -Svartalf
"The death penalty may make the State a murderer, but the penal system makes the State into a gay dungeonmaster."
-attributed to Jesse Jackson

Threads killed to date: 23+ and counting

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

King Chopper wrote:Send it to me, I'll........spellcheck it! Yea! Spellcheck, thats what I'll do. :D Trust me!
and I will volunter to do the Typesetting, pro bono!!! You can even call me "Maryann!!!":lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

chaserone wrote:I cant wait for the book to come out then. I have a PC in my game that is a priest to Lord Modeus and trying to establish a religious following to the alien intelligence while trying to hold his honor to his friends. So it should be interesting to uncover some data on what to expand on with some background information to Modeus and the Hades Realm.

If Siembieda doesnt like your manuscript, then what? Will you revise it and try again? Cus Im very interested in your ideas and the realm.
Chaser, I believe that Modeus is a Demon Lord/Godlike Entity, and NOT an Alien Intelligence. They are made of the same stuff (Magical Energy incarnate), but Modeus, like other Gods, possess different Powers, and ALL 'God' beings, whether Light or Dark, need Worshippers (to continue existing in most cases), unlike Alien Intelligences.....
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

I don't know if Demons need worshippers per se, the fact that Demon Lords are respected and feared by thousands (often millions) of lesser demons might provide the same general effect.

My personal game theory is that Demons are composed of Plasm, like ectoplasm except in this case it is a wholely detached substance generated by the Demonic entity as it's physical body.. thus demons can have seemingly outlandish physical forms and may exist without need of internal organs or even the need for food, air, or water.. they can also exhibit the capacity for huge excess.. eating constantly, constantly bleeding, expelling noxious gases..
Since plasm is, like ectoplasm, a psionically based material, it follows that it and the entities who make such vital use of it, are receptive and responsive to mental energy.. worshippers act as psychic boosters to the plasm form, providing more energy and vitality to the Demon because it no longer has to devote mental energy to keeping it's form coherant.. worshippers take care of that for it.. instead it can devote it's psychic potential to other things, such as gathering magical or psychic power, and eventually, the god-like powers of a true Demon lord.
8-)

That's just my theory on it all and is not based on any official rules, though I think it fits the theory behind the rules quite nicely.
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Demons don't gain power from worshipers.
That's the difference between them and gods.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Carl Gleba

Dr. Doom III wrote:Demons don't gain power from worshipers.

The Demon Lords do....says so in Dragons and Gods.

CG
ImageImage
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Carl Gleba wrote:

CG

Ya.
:P at "Doom".
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Carl Gleba wrote:

CG

GAK!

Yet another change. :-x
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
Carl Gleba

Dr. Doom III wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:

CC

GAG!

Yet another change. :-x

What do you mean another change? Where did it say that they didn't get power from worshippers? I'm just curious. Or is this a matter of reading it differently? It says the Demon Lords have millions of Gargoyles who worship them. I figure they need worshippers just as much as the gods. Otherwise why would you have demon and devil cults?

Carl
ImageImage
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Carl Gleba wrote:What do you mean another change? Where did it say that they didn't get power from worshippers? I'm just curious. Or is this a matter of reading it differently? It says the Demon Lords have millions of Gargoyles who worship them. I figure they need worshippers just as much as the gods. Otherwise why would you have demon and devil cults?

Carl

The MDC of gods varies when they are somwhere with lots of worshipers or few and Demons stay the same.

Because they get off on being worshiped. It's a power trip not actual physical power.
-George Orwell
Carl Gleba

Zerebus wrote:Hey Carl, are you going by Devil, Dyval, Yes, No, or Maybe? Just curious. And yes, that's a five option question.

Maybe - :P
ImageImage

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”