If you ruled the Coalition.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

I would let someone else handle the day to day aspects of the States, and I would import exotic D-Bee love bunnies, even REAL Bunnies.. Wait, I could just have them made! Oh man the possibilities are endless! :lol:
Lagos
D-Bee

Unread post by Lagos »

I would rescind the Anti Magic rule and ally with groups of Human Mages...and perhaps even allow the more human looking DB's some sort of like...indentured servitude if they aidded the CS. Next patch things up with Quebec then form an assault on the enemies of the CS with FQ forces and perhaps even get Nemo-2 and NGR/Triax to pitch in and help fight.
'Ring ding day leee ohh Ring ding ding dally ooo'
Ogapogo in Mt.Shasta singing a song.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

A few things come to mind right off the bat...

1. Don't alienate Free Quebec (in fact the entire CS would be closer to them than as written)

2. Don't worry about Tolkeen, yet. Instead concentrate on places like Kingsdale and the Pecos Bandits to give more troops combat experience, and to eliminate 'pests'

3. Ally with places such as Whykin, New El Paso and Los Alamos to increase your power base (ie make them states on their own or favored allies)

4. Continual 'purges' into the Magic Zone. Again for the experience and to eliminate pests. However the troops should have clearly defined goals (ie kill demons but dont worry about the elf village) rather than the kill all D-bee's.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

1) Pro-Human yes, but not necissarily anti-D-Bee
2) Definitely Anti-Supernatural.
3) Magic is allowed - unless you practice magic that gives you either A) the ability to control another's mind or B) the ability to summon a supernatural being. If possible we, arrange for the best magic (and counter magic) school on the continent to be in my territory.
4) Ditto for Psychics.
5) Make alliances with other human dominated kingdoms - but not Lazlo or Tolkeen (too many supes).
6) Raze the 'Burbs. Make proper settlements in Coalition Territory that are not abuting the Fortress Cities, provide enough security that it is reasonable to live in these locations.
7) Concerted effort to establish communication with orbit.
8) Relax rules on freedom of expression - but not eliminate. We are fighting a war and there are some things that are dangerous to say.
9) Promote human breeding including the use of advanced reproductive technologies
10) Expand strategic weapons arsenal with an eye to a blanket bombardment of Atlantis with thousand of warheads. Demonstrate nuclear capability in the Hivelands.
11) Ultimatums to FOM, Tolkeen and Lazlo (in that order). "Get rid of your supies or suffer." Peferably after demonstration of nuclear capability on the Hivelands. Non-compliance will be met with nuclear bombardment or conventional war or both. Only one of these powers will be dealt with at a time.
12) Encourage Bradford to develop human volunteers into ssuper-soldiers (but not into supernatural beings).

Goal: Securing of North America against widespread supernatural threat by 150 PA.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Jefffar wrote:1) Pro-Human yes, but not necissarily anti-D-Bee
2) Definitely Anti-Supernatural.
3) Magic is allowed - unless you practice magic that gives you either A) the ability to control another's mind or B) the ability to summon a supernatural being. If possible we, arrange for the best magic (and counter magic) school on the continent to be in my territory.
4) Ditto for Psychics.
5) Make alliances with other human dominated kingdoms - but not Lazlo or Tolkeen (too many supes).
6) Raze the 'Burbs. Make proper settlements in Coalition Territory that are not abuting the Fortress Cities, provide enough security that it is reasonable to live in these locations.
7) Concerted effort to establish communication with orbit.
8) Relax rules on freedom of expression - but not eliminate. We are fighting a war and there are some things that are dangerous to say.
9) Promote human breeding including the use of advanced reproductive technologies
10) Expand strategic weapons arsenal with an eye to a blanket bombardment of Atlantis with thousand of warheads. Demonstrate nuclear capability in the Hivelands.
11) Ultimatums to FOM, Tolkeen and Lazlo (in that order). "Get rid of your supies or suffer." Peferably after demonstration of nuclear capability on the Hivelands. Non-compliance will be met with nuclear bombardment or conventional war or both. Only one of these powers will be dealt with at a time.
12) Encourage Bradford to develop human volunteers into ssuper-soldiers (but not into supernatural beings).

Goal: Securing of North America against widespread supernatural threat by 150 PA.

You forgot the Bunny Girls. Mutant Psychic Bunny Girls. :heart:
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Same topic came up a while ago. Here's my favorite responce

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:1. get me some honeys.
2. buy a nice suit and a new hovercar with taxpayer money.
3. bomb the xiticix and tell them the vampire kingdoms did it.
4. bomb the vampire kingdoms and tell them the Federation of Magic did it.
5. break for lunch.
6. convince the NGR that they need to hook us up with Japan so we can get awesome gear.
7. get more honeys.
8. bed.

all in a day's work :lol:
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: If you ruled the Coalition.

Unread post by cornholioprime »

K20A2_S wrote:What would you do and/or change? From policies, to leaders, so declaring war and treaties.

Come pour your ideas here.

Off course I bring this, b/c of the Poll I started and some reponses I got in there.
There is ONE aspect of this Question not asked: WHEN Do I get to be Emperor-for-life of the CS???

For this particular Question, timing is literally EVERYTHING......
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

If I ruled the CS, first, I would have not started the SoT. I would NOT alienate Quebec. I would establish a free-trade w/ NGR. I would spread colonisation across the western territories, and expand the CS holding in the New West. I would grant CS citizenship to all those who participated in my homsteader initiative. I would also seek out exceptional City-Rats, and employ them as spies.
Personally, I am not anti D-Bee. IF, however, I was playing such a racist character, then I would instruct Dr. Bradford and Lone Star to begin to create human-looking super-soldiers. I would make contact with the Vanguard, welcome them into the CS as full citizens, and watch them like hawks which would be easier to do.
I would lift the ban against Glitter-Boys (which never made sense to me), and I would restore the laser reflective armour to the SAMAS armour, as the 'old' Silver Eagles of Chaos Earth.
I would establish a CS Church, along the lines of Catholism of old, and use it to convince the masses that I was right. And to collect revenue. And to secretly spy on the masses.
I would plunder the secret library for information on the military of the American Emipre, and send out expeditionary forces to secure as much as possible, and use those resources.
I would listen, when my Naval captains told stories of "mighty submersible ships which struck out at monsters".
I would get rich.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Have Desomond Bradford (and half his staff) executed as enemies of the state and for crimes against humanity... :D

(Then I'd make 'em all watch Bob and Doug, and enact the Canadian Constitution...)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Scooter the Outlaw
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Scooter the Outlaw »

Well... I'd make sure it was still the CS.

First, I'd get in touch with Bradford. "Yeah, Bradford, drop all your stupid little projects. ...no, keep making dog boys. ...yes, and a few of the other mutants just for variety. ...well, ye-wait, I had something to say." I'd immediately get him to work on engineering a genetic virus that only affects creatures without human/mutant animal DNA. I'd send my ISS out into the 'Burbs, round up some D-Bee families, and ship them to Lone Star for testing. It could takes years, but I want a well-engineered virus that will kill all the D-Bees in the 'Burbs--and, hopefully, beyond. Maybe something that somehow attacks them on a genetic level so that all their offspring die, or something.

Once I've slaughtered the non-humans of the 'Burbs, level the damn ugly things. This also has the bonus effect of leaving all the potentially useful humans alive, who I can take into 'refugee camps' (read: recruitment centres). Another great side effect is giving me a great chance to weed out those Black Market jerks (more on this later).

Second, blame the whole thing on a magic plauge (using the uber-powerful CS propaganda division, which I would pump up even more) that came from silly old Kingsdale. Then crush the place.

I'd put some major moves on the Black Market, too. After I've begun my intense anti-BM campaign in the 'Burbs, use psychic interrogation on those agents to lead myself up the chain. Go all the way to Area 51. And, naturally, I'm not going to destroy it (although I will kill every Black Market member, as examples in public executions, I come across after finding out anything useful they know). I'm going to turn it into the main base for the CS West Coast expansion program.

Considering the New West is a scattered hodgepoge of fairly skilled warriors, I'd then unleash a hoarde of disgusing mutants from Lone Star engineered to look like demons on them. Or maybe hire a few Shifters to pump some out, then kill them. After the West gets scared, make sure they know good ol' Chi-Town has their back... spread some propaganda (appealing to their romanticized version of the West)... and open up shop there.

Free Quebec... well, I never would have pissed them off in the first place. That was just stupid.

Also, I'd work a lot harder on gaining control of Texas. Those dirty, mangy Pecos bandits would be in some major trouble. I'd really work on securing this place.

Finally, I'd never have the stupid vanguard. It's just not the CS way. Instead, I'd murder them all.

I'd also begin a rudimentary space program, having researched the American one, and tried to finds a way to exploit the benefit of having satellites in space. This would take a long time to defeat the counter-orbital field, but hey, you have to start somewhere.

Also, I'd be a little tighter with Northern Gun and Manistique Imperium. "Hey, guys, how about we make CS arms and stop selling guns to the mercs? We'll make it worth your time." Over time, subvert them into member states through all kinds of political maneuvers and espionage. Then make them our front-line against the Xiticix and prime manufacturing state.

Let Lazlo attack the Xiticix, then bulldoze them when their best fighters are in the field. Then nuke the field they're in. Also, destroy New Lazlo post-haste. That plauge I described earlier would be useful for all this.

I'd also ACTUALLY USE that hit list of mine. KILL ERIN TARN. Assassinate all those jerks who keep talking badly about me in their filthy books. Get to work on all kinds of crazy stuff like that.

In general, I'd really play up the whole biological warfare idea. It would make attacking the CS very scary to ANYONE. If only the CS has the cures to these awful diseases (or no cure at all, since they don't affect humans... and my people'd have a vaccine for the ones who do), then nobody's want to risk having an incurable epidemic on their hands.

...of course, I couldn't get all this done in my lifetime... but you gotta start somewhere. Basically, I'd try to act like a mad scientist, surrounding myself with loyal dog boys and crazy psi-stalkers... if everything goes real sour, use that space program to launch myself into space and put myself in suspended animation.

...come back many years in the future to yet again become the scourge of all that is inhuman...
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

hmmm what to do
1. restart the mage division ( just to upset FQ)

2 allow human like d-bees and catsus people into the coalition( just to upset fq and Lazlo)
3 Make a deal with the pecos empire they move towards the south and get rid of vampire and the coalition will support and back them and let them be a part of the coaltion, if not slaughter every single one of them
4 rebuild tolkeen, offer them the same deal
5 declare Erin Tarn a hero of the Coalition for her insight, then have her quietly killed and blame it on FoM, or Lazlo
6 begin talks with archie for a combined attack on FoM,once they are finish
7 with the new Archie3/Coalition force send troops and archie robot warriors to NGR to back them up and clean out empires of brodkil and gargs
8 make contact with the soviets offer to them join the new coalition allaince and we will help them or not nuke them back to the stone age
9 goto lunch
10 take the rest of day off and put Zer0 kay in charge
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

That's easy. If I ran the CS I would do the following:

1 ) As a reward to the million plus Psi Hounds who so bravely fought in the War against Tolkeen and Quebec, I would grant them full CS Citizenship, complete with all the righs and privliges that comes with, including the right of same-species relations and biological procreation. Of course this would necessitate a public propaganda spin to Human populous to get them to accept this, telling them that. "These brave creatures are to be given equal rights because as products of Human enginuity, they are no more inhuman that our children who were created via invitro fertialization, the buk of the population who have been cured of diseases they never knew they had thanks to our genetic medicine."

2 ) With a quick and easy message to Dr. Bradford down in Lone Star, I would have him ramp up Dog Boy production by 1,000%! In addition to that, I would leave open the door to all Dog Boy Soldiers that the possability of Full CS Citizenship could be theirs too if they prove themselves in noble service to the Coalition. This might require the building of a few new fortress cities to accomodate them all , but in the long run this wouldn't be a problem.

3 ) With this in effect, I would have the bulk of Chi-Town's and Iron Heart's considerable industrial resources devoted to a massive build-up of armor, weapons and war machines the likes of which would dwarf that which was sent to crush Tolkeen. Because there would be no way to keep something this large a secret, I would make a Mutual Military Assastiance Treaty with the NGR and start sending a somewhat sizable token force to Europe to assist the Germans with their war. The force would be surely met with heavy reisistance and heavier losses, thus justifying the tremendous build up of material. In additon to that, a hefty force would be sent to deal with the Xiticix before they get too big to handle.

3 ) Aft about 20 years of this rapid hardware and Dog Boy build up, I estimate the Coaliton could put together a fighting force that is at least 25 Million Dogs strong! All of them trained and equipped to fight a war on the grandest scale. And who would I turn them loose on? New Lazlo, Lazlo, what's left of the Xiticix, the Magic Zone, those pesky Indians, Kingsdale, the Pecos Empire, the Tundra Rangers, every last one of the Vampire Kingdoms... everything of significance that stands in the way of Coalition dominion down to the friggin' Panama Cannal. It is expected that in this Campaign of Sovergnity most, up to 50%, of the Dog Boys will perish. But for those that survive, their rewards will be beyond what their ancestors ever dreamt of. Money, power, privlige, and seats on the government over the lands they conqured.

4 ) Of those that survive the campaign, I'd then send the battle hardened Dog Boy vets to Germany to help slaughter the Gargoyles. With numbers, experience, and the best gear the CS can give them, the war with the demon empire would be over in a year, tops. That would whittle the Psi Hound's numbers down to a managable number and Lone Star could then drop production down to a minimum to maintain security.

5 ) Collect underpants

6 ) ???????????????????

7 ) Profit!
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Dead Boy wrote:That's easy. If I ran the CS I would do the following:

1 ) As a reward to the million plus Psi Hounds who so bravely fought in the War against Tolkeen and Quebec, I would grant them full CS Citizenship, complete with all the righs and privliges that comes with, including the right of same-species relations and biological procreation. Of course this would necessitate a public propaganda spin to Human populous to get them to accept this, telling them that. "These brave creatures are to be given equal rights because as products of Human enginuity, they are no more inhuman that our children who were created via invitro fertialization, the buk of the population who have been cured of diseases they never knew they had thanks to our genetic medicine."

2 ) With a quick and easy message to Dr. Bradford down in Lone Star, I would have him ramp up Dog Boy production by 1,000%! In addition to that, I would leave open the door to all Dog Boy Soldiers that the possability of Full CS Citizenship could be theirs too if they prove themselves in noble service to the Coalition. This might require the building of a few new fortress cities to accomodate them all , but in the long run this wouldn't be a problem.

3 ) With this in effect, I would have the bulk of Chi-Town's and Iron Heart's considerable industrial resources devoted to a massive build-up of armor, weapons and war machines the likes of which would dwarf that which was sent to crush Tolkeen. Because there would be no way to keep something this large a secret, I would make a Mutual Military Assastiance Treaty with the NGR and start sending a somewhat sizable token force to Europe to assist the Germans with their war. The force would be surely met with heavy reisistance and heavier losses, thus justifying the tremendous build up of material. In additon to that, a hefty force would be sent to deal with the Xiticix before they get too big to handle.

3 ) Aft about 20 years of this rapid hardware and Dog Boy build up, I estimate the Coaliton could put together a fighting force that is at least 25 Million Dogs strong! All of them trained and equipped to fight a war on the grandest scale. And who would I turn them loose on? New Lazlo, Lazlo, what's left of the Xiticix, the Magic Zone, those pesky Indians, Kingsdale, the Pecos Empire, the Tundra Rangers, every last one of the Vampire Kingdoms... everything of significance that stands in the way of Coalition dominion down to the friggin' Panama Cannal. It is expected that in this Campaign of Sovergnity most, up to 50%, of the Dog Boys will perish. But for those that survive, their rewards will be beyond what their ancestors ever dreamt of. Money, power, privlige, and seats on the government over the lands they conqured.

4 ) Of those that survive the campaign, I'd then send the battle hardened Dog Boy vets to Germany to help slaughter the Gargoyles. With numbers, experience, and the best gear the CS can give them, the war with the demon empire would be over in a year, tops. That would whittle the Psi Hound's numbers down to a managable number and Lone Star could then drop production down to a minimum to maintain security.

5 ) Collect underpants

6 ) ???????????????????

7 ) Profit!
You do realize, Dead Boy, that if even Splynncryth can't take on the Vampire Kingdoms directly, then you're going to have your arse handed to you by stirring them up?? The CS, at best, probably have somewhere between 30-50% of the capabilities of Splynncryth's Atlantis...and even HE isn't taking on the Vampire Intelligences, which he loathes.

You may want to leave some enemies alone...or fight in smarter ways.

There's a reason why KevSim says that Splynncryth hasn't added Earth to his Collection of Conquered Planets.....
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Jesterzzn
Champion

There's a reason why KevSim says that Splynncryth hasn't added Earth to his Collection of Conquered Planets.....

And it ain't the Coalition.
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

buncha D-bee loving magic users on this thread. Some of you don't want the Coalition, you just want a kingdom to rule over.

No propaganda campaign can pull a complete 180 after so many years, the people, no matter how deeply indoctrinated will not simply turn their whole lives around all of a sudden unless it's for absolute survival. Putting D-bees and magic users in the fortress cities is obviously NOT good for their survival after everything they've been told.

I would take over the Coalition after SoT, as that's where the books left off...sooooo...Important things that can be done for the Coalition would be:
1) Turn the D-bee policy to one of tolerance outside the CS proper. Commanders would be ruined if they initiated violence on D-bee settlements, but all D-bees know what the penalty for living IN CS territory is.
2) A true sniper team would be dispatched to assassinate Colonel Marcus Larsen and his dogboy 2nd in command, and another team would sent to kill Colonel Braddock and his daughter. Crush the military minds behind these two "great" mercenary companies who are nothing but insults to the CS and are both reknowned for getting in the Coalition's way.
3) Subject all officers in the military and all the "aristocracy" of Chi-town to the implant of a cortex bomb to ensure loyalty. I will tolerate no more deserters taking up arms against my Empire.
4) Colonel Lyboc has failed to many times. Other officers have been killed for lesser offenses, I would have him assassinated by Coalition Juicers...a fitting end for him.
5) Bring FQ back into the fold and apologize for transgressions made prior. Allow them the use of Glitterboys, but to convert other Coalition units to the Chromium armor of Glitterboys would be insanely expensive. Instead refit many weapon systems on the robots and power armor from simple lasers to the boom guns of the GB's.
6) Refit the Navy and secure the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River
7) Make it so that if you are a public enemy of the Coalition States, then you pay the price. No more pussyfooting around with propaganda and the likes with Erin Tarn. Start an extensive investigation on her whereabouts as well as people who've associated with her. Systematically interrogate to death everyone who's ever worked with her, until you eventually track her down herself. Once found, pull no punches, don't demand surrender, or take her lightly. Kill her companions immediately and make her dig her own grave, then mow her down in a hail of railgun fire so there can be no mistaking that she's dead. Fill in the unmarked grave and leave her dead with no name to remember her by.
8) Reinforce trade ties to the NGR, but hold off on the full alliance after the bloodbath of Tolkeen.
9) Enforce the borders of the CS, and continue to send training excursions into the Magic Zone. Send them in with explicit instructions that should not be deviated from unless direct authority is given from High Command or required for survival
10) Pillage Tolkeen completely and store the spoils in the Black Vault.
Last but not least: Pay the Vanguard with items from the Black Vault, as well as use it to pay Armageddon Unlimited to fight Larsen's Brigade & Braddock's Bad Boys after the assissination of both companies' leaders. Send in 2 regiments of mixed CS forces to clean up the tattered remnants of all companies.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I would:

-Form a strong military
-Accept and develop all forms of technology
-Educate all people in order to get a high knowledge base.
-Accept anyone in to the field military after serving for 4 years they become a citizen.
-Internal military and command structure is citizen only.
-All citizens must serve a minimum of a year as enlisted before going to college or as an officer for four years after college.
-Even after serving in the military all "civilians" are required to report for weapons training once a year and training formations twice a year.
-Military developed under a single banner instead of four branches have specialist training schools withing the military force:
Surface Navy
Aquatic Navy
Air Force (even on carriers)
Army
Space Force
Marine (act as cross area operations [i.e. aerospace fighters, supercavicating subfighters, planet fall missions etc.])
-Instead of trying to expand develop method to control rifts. If that requires magic so be it.
-All life deserves to live if any break this without order of state their life is forfit.
-All citizens are implanted with cybernetics that record and relay all information to vast storage systems. Recorded data is not constantly reviewed. It is only accessed for reference if a crime is reported.
-If an injustice is done there is no trial by peers your actions are reviewed for the given time period and judgement is determined by evidence given by your implants and the implants of direct whitnesses. Death penalty is a choice but banishment is often selected.
-Criminals have given up their rights as citizens. All are marked as such, their implants transmitting an identifying signal that can be seen by all citizens through their implants.
-Anything considered harmful is forbidden (i.e. anything addictive, sensory debilitating or negativly altering, firearms)
-Everyone is issued a gun after serving in the military. However, their firearms, armor and equipment are stored in their assigned armory.
-The state provides food at a calory (sp?) count justified by your present health condition.
-All medical is provided by the state.
-All education is provided by the state, primary knowledge is sciences, history is "frowned" upon being seen as dwelling on the past when society should be moving into the future. The phrase learn from the past so you will not repeat the mistakes that were made is taken with a grain of salt. Everyone can understand that you should learn from your own past (you'll only stick you finger in a light socket once [how is that even possible I've never seen anyones fingers small enough to even go into the socket?] or touch a hot pan) however learning from the past of society has never seemed to work, the enlightened of the golden age still repeated the errors of their past. So maybe by not trying to learn of the errors of the past, like all other in the past, the cycle can be broken and after we pull ourselves form this dark age we can climb to the heights of the golden age and surpass it to start the first platinum age of humanity.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAHBLAHBLAH. Yeah admit it that's all you people just read out of this entire thing wasn't it?! :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Shin Kenshiro wrote:buncha D-bee loving magic users on this thread. Some of you don't want the Coalition, you just want a kingdom to rule over.

Win!
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

DarkBrandon wrote:
Shin Kenshiro wrote:buncha D-bee loving magic users on this thread. Some of you don't want the Coalition, you just want a kingdom to rule over.

Win!

That's why I didn't post to this thread, every plan I came up with ended up with the coalition moving away from it's main purpose in rifts. being the high tech bad guys. if the CS changes too much it changes the power dynamic of NA, which changes the game too much.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:
K20A2_S wrote:I mentioned in some other posts, but if I ruled the CS army I would train Dog Boys to learn how to fly and operate Sam's in order to help us out. It would be awesome.

Wouldn't you have to severely modify the suits to accommodate the body and legs of a dog?

the body isn't much different and only a small number have digigrade legs. (15%) it shouldn't be a problem.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

K20A2_S wrote:... if I ruled the CS army I would train Dog Boys to learn how to fly and operate Sam's in order to help us out. It would be awesome.

They do. Check out the Rifts Main Book, pg. 143, top part of the second column. Though this is not supproted by the Lone Star book, it does not discredit or undo this special role either.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Kalinda wrote:
DarkBrandon wrote:

Win!

That's why I didn't post to this thread, every plan I came up with ended up with the coalition moving away from it's main purpose in rifts. being the high tech bad guys. if the CS changes too much it changes the power dynamic of NA, which changes the game too much.

Last I checked the topic was how would you change the CS if you ruled it. First the CS is uh...fictional (I know some of you don't beleive that). Then there is the point of I'm not fictional (I know some of you don't beleive that). :-? :oops: my train of thought was derailed...it killed a small village. Oh well blah, blah, blah.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Jesterzzn
Champion

Dead Boy wrote:
K20A2_S wrote:... if I ruled the CS army I would train Dog Boys to learn how to fly and operate Sam's in order to help us out. It would be awesome.

They do. Check out the Rifts Main Book, pg. 143, top part of the second column. Though this is not supproted by the Lone Star book, it does not discredit or undo this special role either.

Good find!

Return to “Rifts®”