How old are you gamers? POLL

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

How old are you?

12-15
No votes
15-18
7%
19-22
14%
23-26
23%
27-30
25%
31-35
19%
35+
12%

Total votes: 106

Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

34 in a few weeks and feeling every day of it. :-P
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Two of us turn 33 in March, two more 34 in spring, the young one turns 30 this fall.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:Two of us turn 33 in March, two more 34 in spring, the young one turns 30 this fall.
The "Young One," you say. Does the "young one" remain a Hatchling until he's 33??? :lol:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Just turned 20 this month.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

36 will be another one older in August.
The oldest member of our gaming group Jim who is 43 then Kurt at 40 then Ben who is 38 then me as I said 36 then Mike 34 then Jason who is 29.
Thats the age of my group and I.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

HEY!

You kids get off my lawn! :x

:)
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
chaserone
Explorer

Unread post by chaserone »

I just turned 29 last month. been playing Pal Games since I was 13
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

ooops... I misread the thread title as "how old are youR gamers", and so voted the 27-30 category... but I'm the Great Old one of my groups, at 37
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

At 38 (39 the 28th of this month), I am the "Old Man" of my game. Most of my players are between the ages of 27 and 35. I have allowed players as young as 18 in my games, but have never gamed with any one more than 10 years older than me at any time.
I give all players an objective, unbiased opportunity, I have just found that the more disruptive players tended to be in the 18-21 bracket. There are always exceptions.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

the age of my players ranges from 18 all the way up to 37, which just happens to also be the age of the Gamemaster (me 8) ).
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Temporalmage
Hero

Unread post by Temporalmage »

I'm the old man of my group. But the groups ages range from 35 to 16. The only requirement to play in my group is that you are mature enough to differintiate beteen reality and roll-playing. I'm fortunate in that the younger members are very intelligent and mature for their age. Besides everyone has the potential to bring somthing interesting to the game. :ok:
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Zachary The First wrote:Sorta surprised we don't have any teenyboppers kickin' around.

Oh they're out there. They just want to find out who to kill when they make thir move take over here. :D

34 here.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Dr. Doom III wrote:HEY!

You kids get off my lawn! :x

:)
no doubt dont make me get the beating stick :thwak: dam little kids, since your parnets willnt do it i will :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :clown:
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Sinder Sleeping
D-Bee

Unread post by Sinder Sleeping »

51 and gaming on line
When your Hot! your Hot! when your not your Toast!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Sinder Sleeping wrote:51 and gaming on line
hooray for grandpa over there still kicking it
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

I will be hitting the big 31 in just over a month. I have played palladium since the first print of Robotech came out all those long years ago. I have played with many other players both young and older. the only requirements about gaming I ever had was i did not want to have trouble with a teens players parents, if they stayed out most of the night playing. Otherwise as long as everyone has fun, it open season for everyone.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Unread post by Guest »

Hah! Im part of the currently most populous demographic.

24, no more am I one of the people from that damn Blink 182 song!

People like me again!
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Angryjack wrote:Your comment about younger gamers reminds me why I didn't like the older gamers too much. They are too hung up on being corny / cornballl/ or as a serious as a *** mouse doing Rupaul drag.

I know just what you mean. there are some gamers who get this 'seen it all, done it all, just in it for the laughs now.' attitude. It's fine to have fun in a game(thats why most of us play after all.) but I have gotten tired of people trying to bring in silly/humorous characters that aren't going to fit in with the tone of the game or the group.

whats even harder is when you've been friends with the person in question for a decade and a half and half to tell them 'please either take my game seriously, or leave. I've spent a lot of time on this campaign and I don't want it ruined because you want to play a cleric of the god of frat boys.' (just an example, i've never had anyone ask to play a cleric of the god of frat boys. although I did have a player who wanted to play a cleric of the babylonian goddess of beer.) :roll:

Not a huge problem, but one that does come up from time to time. and it's by no means limited to older gamers.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
60 DaDa points.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

I'm one of the younger ones among my regulars in my (AD&D) group...the home "owner" (Public Housing) is 33 or so, and the old man of the group is a former Bay employee in his late 40's. Most of the regulars are older than my (just turned) 36 years young, but we have one semi-regular, who despite belonging to an old-man's organisation (Masons), is in is early/mid 20's. We have another pair (F/D) who occasionally visit, and she is also early 20's...I think.

As for my Palladium group...I think I'm the eldest, and I think the youngest regular member is a second (?) year Uni student wanting to be a vet.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Zerebus wrote:I'm in my mid-20's, and I need to grow up badly...

You're into gaming, you are growing up badly... (ducks.)
60 DaDa points.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Angryjack wrote:Your comment about younger gamers reminds me why I didn't like the older gamers too much. They are too hung up on being corny / cornballl/ or as a serious as a *** mouse doing Rupaul drag.

hell we been teach one member's 10 yr old son to play its upsets his mother so much, we get like a thousand questions every time we play but hell someone has to teach them its about having fun besides its funny to watch him when he rolls a natural 20 or gets the killing hit in. its all good

Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Zerebus wrote::cry:

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I was kidding! I thwack myself! :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak:
60 DaDa points.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Mecha-Viper wrote:

hell we been teach one member's 10 yr old son to play its upsets his mother so much, we get like a thousand questions every time we play but hell someone has to teach them its about having fun besides its funny to watch him when he rolls a natural 20 or gets the killing hit in. its all good

The woman who's place we play in is planning on introducing her daughter to the games when she thinks she's "grown up enough." She's 13, but still quite young emotionally...
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Borast wrote:
Mecha-Viper wrote:

The woman who's place we play in is planning on introducing her daughter to the games when she thinks she's "grown up enough." She's 13, but still quite young emotionally...
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

30. Been playing since I was 7 or 8.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

I'll be 31 in April. Been gaming off and on since I was 13...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

K20A2_S wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:30. Been playing since I was 7 or 8.

Must have been one of those Gifted and Talented students huh? shoot, when I was 7/8 I was still going G.I. Joe Crazy.

I didn't say I was GOOD at it then... :)
Mostly we didn't know what we were doing, but had a heck of a lot of fun doing it...
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Killer Cyborg wrote:
K20A2_S wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:30. Been playing since I was 7 or 8.

Must have been one of those Gifted and Talented students huh? shoot, when I was 7/8 I was still going G.I. Joe Crazy.

I didn't say I was GOOD at it then... :)
Mostly we didn't know what we were doing, but had a heck of a lot of fun doing it...

yup the very first rpg adventures were always the fun ones
"omg it a orc kill it"
its a zombie kill it
its a dragon run away

Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

I'll be 36 in March. No, I have no plans to change my screen name to "Grandpa Servo" at that point. :lol:

It does my geriatric heart good to see that 9 other people so far fall into the same "35+" category. :ok:

Hmmm... on the other hand, that doesn't seem too old compared to the discovery of a 51-year-old on the boards... :eek: :lol:
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

At 14:00 hours, I will be 39 today.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Uncle Servo
Champion

Sentinel wrote:At 14:00 hours, I will be 39 today.

14:00??? Man, I gotta get busy!

*starts mixing up black icing for the 'Over The Hill' birthday cake*

Now where's that 'tombstone' candle...

:lol:
Uncle Servo
Champion

mattyj77 wrote:
K20A2_S wrote:
mattyj77 wrote:God defend New Zealand.

Way off topic, but are they under attack or something?

Sorry bout that, it is part of our anthem, irrelevant really. :-?

Not if the bloke who wrote it was a gamer... ;)
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer
Comment: You are the greatest project you will ever work on... never give up.

Unread post by Capt. Meschievitz »

why defend New Zealand????

Anyway 28 here play with 27 - 30'sish gamers..
after 20 odd years of the same character time has come......
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer
Comment: You are the greatest project you will ever work on... never give up.

Unread post by Capt. Meschievitz »

mmmm where do I live, although I was born in Canada......

Why get a god to defend a country, I am sure a couple of nuc's will have the same deterant(sp) effect..... Country A"Hey we have a god defending us' Country B "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA We got Nuc's that give us peace of mind....." Country C" mmm we have both" :-P
after 20 odd years of the same character time has come......
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

I just turned 35 on Jan 27th...but I feel younger because I'm getting serious about my exercises and eating more apples. Besides, Roleplaying keeps me young at heart (even if it may be Cybernetic someday) :D
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.

Return to “Rifts®”