Naruni=Disappointment?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

gadrin wrote:yeah, I think the RDB2:Phase World book mentions that "Naruni hasn't come up with anything new in decade" or so.

I particularly liked the body-armor and the slim-line weapons and the two probes.

The vehicles seem waaaaayyy over-priced in some circumstances.

I made my own "expansion catalog" a while back, just before NW2 was announced.
It's an ongoing idea throughout the Rifts Series: the idea about humans' innovation whenever we are forced to survive. The Older Races in the Megaverse -those that know of Earth, anyway -are simply stupefied that the Humans of Rifts Earth have nearly equaled in only a few hundred years what the Naruni have had to develop over the several tens of thousands of years that Naruni Enterprises has existed.....

Ya gotta love that good 'ol Human Ingenuity.......Personally, I'll take the measly Physical Stats for my Species that they give Humans in this game, if it also means that my species also retains its incredible to not only adapt, but to thrive under adversity.....
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Pictures.

I would have paid more for a fatter book with everything depicted.
As far as Doom is concerned anything without a picture is unusable.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I agree with Von Doom. Without pictures most of my players just keep flipping. I can't draw, so me sketching something is out of the question. The Western Styles guns are fine since I can picture a lever action Winchester, or even dig up a picture of one for the players to see. Somethings just won't work that way.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Zerebus wrote:If it bugs you so much, then have the Naruni offer a free warranty package with it.

Naruni offer a free warrenty pacakge?!

RU nutz!?
OI-vey! Once the District manager of pan-dimensional sales hears about that heads are gonna roll...through the streets that is :-P
Have you no respect for corperate image and tradition; a free warrenty is like practicaly saying your product is gonna blow up when you open the box! :P

(Sorry; just posting from a Uteni perspective here :D ).
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I wonder how Naruni will react when it finds out that the CCW has been reverse engineering their designs for the last couple of years or so? That's one angle I hope KS explores.

Naruni 2 was alright. i did not find it either very good or very bad just average.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

memorax wrote:I wonder how Naruni will react when it finds out that the CCW has been reverse engineering their designs for the last couple of years or so? That's one angle I hope KS explores.

Naruni 2 was alright. i did not find it either very good or very bad just average.

A lawsuit.
It's a stupid angle.

It's already been established that copyright law exists in the Three Galaxies.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Dr. Doom III wrote:
memorax wrote:I wonder how Naruni will react when it finds out that the CCW has been reverse engineering their designs for the last couple of years or so? That's one angle I hope KS explores.

A lawsuit.
It's a stupid angle.

It's already been established that copyright law exists in the Three Galaxies.

LOL... and the CCW will argue Reason of State and Greater Public Good, if any courts will hear the case to start with... they can't lose that one... Naruni got the shaft, and good
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Svartalf
Champion

The one thing I dislike most about that book is the prices... granted the wares are top of the line and widely available, which counts...

but compare the wares and pricing with what other makers provide, and you'll have a yen for lower quality warez.
Svartalf
Champion

K20A2_S wrote:The Mercenary Multi-Rifles were a little "funny looking" and really didn't impress me at all. It just reminded me of the weapons in "The 5th Element" with Bruce Willis.

Well... thing is not everything is picced, and some of the pics just don't hold water, or don't jibe with other stuff :

a) the NE 11 really look MUUUCH longer than the NE 10 they are supposed to be the slim version of

b) the NE 104 does not look like the middle barrel is 4' long, or big enough to receive a mini missile (micro maybe, but not mini)

and those are just 2 glaring ones
kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

Take a closer look at the WoGD. The guns fire pulses that make them do 3d6x10. You figure that there are 9 of them firing 4 times a melee and thats 108d6x10. I didn't find that out until I acutally unleashed it on my players (just after they fought and adult dragon). Then you add in teh 50+ drones and missles and you kill a rather large segement of troops. Needless to say they called a hasty retreat. I still think they should have given it an FTL drive and actual nukes. Then it becomes a weapon of mass distruction. to be feared.

I will agree that tanks are getting short ended in just about every book. Their main guns should be doing far more 1d6x10 like a hand held rifle. Even worse is when they get jiped on MDC. Just look at the scorpian walker from CS war machine. It has the same mdc as infantry armor.

Oh and does anyone know the MDC of the secondary force field mentioned in the description?
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Geeze...you all make me feel as I should not (under ANY circumstances) buy this book!...

Mind you I have YET to see it in the store I patronize (and can easily access)...
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

K20A2_S wrote:
Borast wrote:Geeze...you all make me feel as I should not (under ANY circumstances) buy this book!...

Mind you I have YET to see it in the store I patronize (and can easily access)...

If you're PC's like Naruni stuff then it's a nice book to have, if they're no interested then I wouldn't bother.

What he said.
I bought it. My players hate it. They'll grow to loat5h it once they start encountering the toys in there...being used by the opposition :twisted:
I know I know. I'm an evil SOB...did I mention the Naruni toy will ne tricked out with ALL the options?

Leaves of the lotus rise

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Svartalf wrote:LOL... and the CCW will argue Reason of State and Greater Public Good, if any courts will hear the case to start with... they can't lose that one... Naruni got the shaft, and good

ESPECIALLY if they can manufacture them for less (or make a better deal with that Naruni off-shoot... ;))!
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
DhAkael
Knight

LOL

Unread post by DhAkael »

Angryjack wrote:lasers are not heat weapons in palladiumverse.

Physics do not apply in the PBooks universe either.
High energylasers also don't make noise according to KS.
Which in reality is BS. I've heard those suckers discharge in real life (100kw pulse), they sound like fire crackers when they hit something, comes from superheating the material AND the air around the laser track...

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

cornholio wrote:The Older Races in the Megaverse -those that know of Earth, anyway -are simply stupefied that the Humans of Rifts Earth have nearly equaled in only a few hundred years what the Naruni have had to develop over the several tens of thousands of years that Naruni Enterprises has existed.....

And have done so in three or four independent cases, maybe more.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

The guide is within reason for my game...it's just not enough equipment.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Esckey
Adventurer

Unread post by Esckey »

I just don't like the art work in it. I'm really starting to hate those pictures that were printed out then sent in to PB.
God says he loves me, but I suspect he's just in it for the sex

Never underestimate someone as insane as I am

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

"Come Filthy Assistants!!"- Spider Jerusalem
Esckey
Adventurer

Unread post by Esckey »

Oh I like what the stuff looks like Zerebus, especially the BA. Its the WAY it was drawn that I don't like
God says he loves me, but I suspect he's just in it for the sex

Never underestimate someone as insane as I am

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

"Come Filthy Assistants!!"- Spider Jerusalem
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

K20A2_S wrote:
Jesterzzn wrote:
cornholio wrote:The Older Races in the Megaverse -those that know of Earth, anyway -are simply stupefied that the Humans of Rifts Earth have nearly equaled in only a few hundred years what the Naruni have had to develop over the several tens of thousands of years that Naruni Enterprises has existed.....

And have done so in three or four independent cases, maybe more.

But Rifts Earth did it from Reverse Engineering, so they did have a starting point. But none the less, they did do it and deserve props.
You mean that the Coalition States reverse engineered the Tech of the Pre-Rifts City States. The Empires of Pre-Rifts Earth developed the vast majority of the Technology which was tweaked and improved to the point that it is today on Rifts Earth. Had there been no Rifts and Humans kept on going forward with their Pre-Rifts Advancements for the 300 years between then and now, how far might they have gotten?

An Altess-like Utopia??

The Second coming of Atlantis??

A new Megaversal Empire that rivals the Splugorth themselves???

A charred ball of rock with a shattered Moon in orbit??

Or even their own Cosmic Forge???
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”