Big time players in the three galaxies

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Uhhh......you could always have Inglix the Mad hatch some devious plot from behind the scenes, if only to test out his latest SuperWeapons.......have him give them to some Fleet that you make up.

OR.............

You could rift in the Atorian Empire from Aliens Unlimited..or even the Arkhon Empire........[/list]
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Esckey
Adventurer

Unread post by Esckey »

I don't like new major players. I prefer the little places that have like no galactic influence, dispite having above Galactic standard technology
God says he loves me, but I suspect he's just in it for the sex

Never underestimate someone as insane as I am

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

"Come Filthy Assistants!!"- Spider Jerusalem
DBX
Hero

Re: Big time players in the three galaxies

Unread post by DBX »

Aegis wrote:I, of course, have did a long winded reply just a moment ago but it prompted me to create another post.

The idea is simple. Since this is the three galaxies I will be talking about most, do you think there should be more technology based mega threats running around. I am not counting dominators since they would be vanquished rather easilly by the big guns of the three galaxies (CCW, Kreegor, UWW). They are great for having the players run accross, and then twart whatever evil they may have been up to.. Dont get me wrong dominators are very cool and powerful, but a single one isnt a threat to any one of the three galaxies let alone all three.

I think the Intruders were a good first attempt. Even with the rumor rubbish with a three (to my knowledge) rumors stating they are pawns of some supernatural intelligence. Just as a real good technologically advanced mortal race versus the three galaxies, I thought that was most cool.

I just feel that in palladiums books there are too many supernatural intelligences around, they always seem to get the most interesting storylines as well. I think the three galaxies has enough supernatural alien intelligent beings. From the dark covens and other alien intelligences briefly mentioned in the books, to the dweller beneath (which for me lessens the cool factor of the kreegor, but heaven forbid mortal beings are able to take out a splugorth alone) to of course the 5 or 6 splugorth intelligences in the three galaxies.

Of course I am doing my part on this idea, by making a whole campaign which will deal with a new threat to the three galaxies. And that threat will be in the form of a super technologically advanced race with their eyes and guns set on everything which lives in the three galaxies. I just have to pick one of three possible origins of these beings. Which is damn hard, let me tell you what.

Now that I have probably alienated anyone who actually liked reading some of my posts, or *gasp* agreed with me :lol: . I shall let this topic, get a few pro supernatural beasties posts then gather dust.

What are your ideas, do you think there should be more pure technologically advanced threats, oh hell more technologically pure races into the three galaxies, and maybe more of the palladium books

Aegis

not read any of the replies to this, as of yet.

I am wondering why there arn't any "tech" orientated empires landing on Rifts Earth, surely there are some who are evil or conquerors in nature. or are they all like the "Federation" from Star Trek. or are only non humans evil & madmen who want to enslave everything in sight

A inter-dimensional verison of the CS.

having players stop an all conquering interdimensional empire, is something our groups have done in the past. though finding ways of closing a rift/portal to Earth, is usually the answer in the end. Actually closing it is the end goal. thought usually this in our scenarios has been done by powerful NPC's, like Plato or Athena

the idea has been based of the Mechnaoid scenario, don't let enemy empire establish a beachhead, so as long as you halt them at the Rift you are OK, but if they get a significant force through, Rifts North America is cooked good & proper
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Zerebus wrote:Arkhons from Rifts South America 2.

And they only did it because they were desperate and had no idea what they were getting into. :)
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

gadrin wrote:[color=darkblue]hey I'm still wondering why Naruni would even want to sell to Rifts Earth, since the most likely people to buy their stuff is the CS now that Tolkeen went up in smoke.

(IMO) NE has to be on Rifts Earth. it needs a presence there. they cannot afford not to be on Rifts Earth. one the access to numerous dimensions to good to give up. On Rifts Earth, they control access to dimensions & have their own rules governing interdimensionally trading & charage others to use their rifts/gates. whereas in PW they are at the whim of the Promethans (Sp?)/ Centre.

NE need to be on Rifts Earth to take advantage of new tech that will coming online there, they are getting stale in R&D in their current areas of operations.

& MOST IMPORTANTLY, their biggest rivals has had a huge presence on Rifts Earth for years & not just in one tiny locations but all the world, namely Splugorth, through Splyncrytth.

the only edge NE have on trading over splugorth is tech, which Splyncrythhh more than likely has surpassed due to his presence on Rifts Earth. His Kittani more than likely have some of the most advanced tech in Rifts Megaverse ready to mass produce. & with SPlyncrytths resources they could mass produce it & getting sold within short amount of time. Atlantis & Rifts Earth wll evenually surpass Centre on dimensional access.

Kittani?Splyncryythh are probably the most rapid advancing empire on Rifts Earth, easily faster than the CS, Triax & even Laszlo. Consdieirng how fast CS have developed. it will be hard to imgaine how far Triax & Laszlo have come, let alone Splyncrytth.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Mechanoids my friend...Mechanoids...
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

What he said...
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

IF you've played Masters of Orion (III) you could use the antarans. Their story line can be found on the website. I'm using them in a campaign where they're behind the dominators war 50k years ago and the intruders now.

Or you could use the buggers from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. You really want to have fun give them the doctor device.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Zerebus wrote:Or you can use Faerie bots. Lots, and lots of Faerie bots. And don't forget the Faerie bot dreadnaughts, measuring in at a collossal five hundred feet long!

Or, how about that race in AU that can shrink items and themselves...

Gives a new definition to "pocket battleship"... :P

Their version of the Deathstar would only be about 20km in diametre, a Star Destroyer about 4-500m, and a TIE Fighter about 20cm... However, the damages would be the same, even if the ranges would be cut by 60%.
Fnord

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Pretty sure they are a felinoid race...if they aren't, they are/were reptiloid. Can't remember. :D

But I'm pretty sure they are the Cameroon or something similar.
Fnord

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Actually...the Cameroon battleships are constructed at the smaller size. They are not shrunk, nor are they (more or less) made from shrunken parts.
Fnord

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Angryjack wrote:No, they use a varitey of techniques, they construct full size berths and shrunken ones, the metals on their planet are so dense to hold either size

Hmmm...that's news to me. I don't remember anything about their planet being high-G...
Fnord

Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Zerebus wrote:
DBX wrote:I am wondering why there arn't any "tech" orientated empires landing on Rifts Earth, surely there are some who are evil or conquerors in nature. or are they all like the "Federation" from Star Trek. or are only non humans evil & madmen who want to enslave everything in sight

Arkhons from Rifts South America 2.

While not really an empire they are a "kingdom" The Megaversal Legion also in SA2 is a tech oriented group

As to pure tech based threats to the Three Galaxies, Just set the manhunters up there Robots with SN strength and the adaptability of a human.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”