A good adventure idea, perhaps?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I t sounds good: very engaging idea at first.
I guess the next question is how well written is it? Sometimes, good ideas can be poorly executed.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

Excellent book. Read it last year and enjoyed it thoroughly. If you like your humor exceedingly dark and cynical, then Lullaby will reward you quite handsomely. Palahniuk's style is fairly distinctive and may take some readers a while to get used to, but it's a quick moving story and easy to lose track of time while reading it.

I think it may have some application to BTS, but the supermatural elements are specific. It is not a supernatural story per se, but a story about a bunch of desperate people, with some weird elements that get increasingly weird as the story progresses.

I give it an A-.

pax
Ø
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

A few more I thought of that might be suggestive to GMs (for adventures or campaigns):

Song of Kali by Dan Simmons
The Art of Arrow Cutting by Stephen Dedman (this one may be of use for those wishing to run a BTS/N&SS-hybrid)
Dark Ladies by Fritz Leiber
any of the Repairman Jack books by F. Paul Wilson; The Tomb and Conspiracies are my recommendations

A Conspiracy of Tall Men by Noah Hawley
or
The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon
for those wishing to run a conspiracy-centered campaign without much in the way of supernatural stuff. Beware of Pynchon: he's an acquired taste and can be challenging; you'll have a lot to think about if you can make it through one of his books.

Everything Is Under Control by Robert Anton Wilson is my go-to resource whenever I need an idea or to kick-start a floundering campaign. Check it out and I promise you won't regret it.

pax
Ø

ps. all these books should be available at your local Borders/Barnes & Noble or via Amazon. Happy reading.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”