QUASI-LEGAL Munchkinism! (or, scaring the Pants off your GM)

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

eric.cline wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
phoboskitty wrote:Question?

How many Lvls can this character be? I SEE many Multiclass so... we have a what? 10th lv limmit?

and can I use Mutants in orbit to create a character ( excluding SPD dodge bonus rules?)
since mutant animal rules are acceptable in rifts and it is a RIFTS book too...?
To the best of my knowledge, Mutants in Orbit is NOT a Rifts Book, not even a Dimensional one.

Sorry.

No, I'm sorry, your wrong.
I don't have the book, but the catalog entry clearly states:
"This 120 page sourcebook is divided into two sections, one for TMNT and another for Rifts®."
Hence the Disclaimer at the beginning of my missive that was along the lines of "to the best of my knowledge..."

I personally don't own the Book.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

eric.cline wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
eric.cline wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

How many Lvls can this character be? I SEE many Multiclass so... we have a what? 10th lv limmit?

and can I use Mutants in orbit to create a character ( excluding SPD dodge bonus rules?)
since mutant animal rules are acceptable in rifts and it is a RIFTS book too...?
To the best of my knowledge, Mutants in Orbit is NOT a Rifts Book, not even a Dimensional one.

Sorry.

"This 120 page sourcebook is divided into two sections, one for TMNT and another for Rifts®."
Hence the Disclaimer at the beginning of my missive that was along the lines of "to the best of my knowledge..."

I personally don't own the Book.

Neither do I, but I know how to check a catalog entry. :P
Oh, yeah??

Well.....you're a DOODY-HEAD!!!!!

(***uses the closest thing to a "raspberry" emoticon***)

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

eric.cline wrote: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Waaaah!!
I'm telling!
Yeah??

Well, if you tell on ME, then I'll tell on you....about....that thing........that you did with the thing.......that time.....and then you'll really be in Hot Water!!!!!

Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

cornholioprime wrote:
Wildfire wrote:Not the most powerful munchkin but a psi-stalker cyber knight
I have one that is just sick
You don't actually ever want me to fight your fallen cosmoknight harvester cause sucking all that wonderfull PPE would be easier cause you don't have to kill them just cut them.
You would bleed from the Psi sword and even if I didn't get it all your spell would be FUBAR from being drained.
Uh.....sorry...but NO....you'd get OWNED.

My Harvester/Fallen Cosmo does 1D4 X 10 MDC per hit, plus Supernatural P.S. Bonus (if applicable; I don't know/remember for sure whether or not you get to stack the PS on top of the Cosmo-Wep's Damage), remember?

hitting this character is much harder than you think cause you get to combine all the bonuses together which are quite bad assed. Unless your weapon is a blaster which then there is no bonues damage the cyber-knight psi-stalker would have a fairly even fight.

I don't have Psyscape with me right now but if your 1st lvl the your speels are not too high and powerful like Invunerability armour of Iathan is not to high when you low level.
All I need is to cut you with 1 mdc and your drained guess what no more magic and then just your weapon so if were both 1st level then it is a fair fight.
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

Wildfire wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
You don't actually ever want me to fight your fallen cosmoknight harvester cause sucking all that wonderfull PPE would be easier cause you don't have to kill them just cut them.
You would bleed from the Psi sword and even if I didn't get it all your spell would be FUBAR from being drained.

My Harvester/Fallen Cosmo does 1D4 X 10 MDC per hit, plus Supernatural P.S. Bonus (if applicable; I don't know/remember for sure whether or not you get to stack the PS on top of the Cosmo-Wep's Damage), remember?

hitting this character is much harder than you think cause you get to combine all the bonuses together which are quite bad assed. Unless your weapon is a blaster which then there is no bonues damage the cyber-knight psi-stalker would have a fairly even fight.

I don't have Psyscape with me right now but if your 1st lvl the your speels are not too high and powerful like Invunerability armour of Iathan is not to high when you low level.
All I need is to cut you with 1 mdc and your drained guess what no more magic and then just your weapon so if were both 1st level then it is a fair fight.

Unless you are willing to waste attacks on dodge, or you're using intuitive combat or something of the like, you will be very easy to hit. 1d4x10 + a few more MD = you die in a few hits

And even if you were very hard to hit, his character would have more mdc.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Wildfire wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

EVEN IF it comes to just Weapon versus Weapon, you're STILL buying the Farm.

My Wep does 1D4 X 10 MDC; yours does 1D6 M.D.C. at first level.

I have an absolute minimum of 60 M.D.C. at 1st Level, and up to 150 M.D.C. at First Level; unknown if I, too, get an additional amount of MDC per Level as a Fallen CK. You get Cyber Armor that has 50 MDC Minimum/Maximum. Underneath it: Carbon-Based S.D.C. Pudding.

A]] I yawn and ALLOW you to make two or three hits with you Psi-Sword without blocking or dodging.......but only because I'm Anarchist with Aberrant leanings; I want to make things a LITTLE fairer for you and have some "fun" at the same time.......

B]] I hit you once or twice to shatter the Armor; then ignore the Anarchist Voices in my head that tell me to simply remove your Limbs and leave you with your MDC Cyber-Armor, but a Quadriplegic.

C]] I grant you a Quick Death; seems that the Aberrant Voice wins out after all........

There ARE Munchkin Creations in this Thread that will hand my arse to me; but this Creation of yours isn't one of them.....unless I roll all 1s (and it's happened before to me, so I'd better watch out :eek: )
Last edited by cornholioprime on Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:
B]] I hit you once or twice to shatter the Armor; then ignore the Anarchist Voices in my head that tell me to simply remove your Limbs and leave with MDC Cyber-Armor, but a Quadriplegic.

That sounds more diabolic, or at least miscreant. :D
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
B]] I hit you once or twice to shatter the Armor; then ignore the Anarchist Voices in my head that tell me to simply remove your Limbs and leave with MDC Cyber-Armor, but a Quadriplegic.

Even as an Anarchist being, I try to push the envelope.

I'm not "Han Solo" or "Riddick" Anarchist; I'm "Splynncryth" Anarchist!!!!!

:demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon:

Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

:demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon:

Anarchist = Alignment that Kevin gives anything that he wants to be able to do horribly evil things without making them look too evil in the write up. An anarchist character seems to be able to do anything.
:fool:
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Jesterzzn wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Anarchist = Alignment that Kevin gives anything that he wants to be able to do horribly evil things without making them look too evil in the write up. An anarchist character seems to be able to do anything.
Agreed.

I can't tell sometimes if Splynncryth is actually Diabolic or not!!!

But then again, look at Warlord Seriyev in Rifts: Warlords of Russia.

Where else can you be the simultaneous leader of both the Thieves' AND Assassins' Guild, as well as "the" Black Market in a whole section of the Planet, and STILL be called "Unprincipled??"

Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

cornholioprime wrote:

Sorry.

Quoted from the cover:

An adventure & sourcebook for After the Bomb & Rifts.

It's a Rifts book.
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Subjugator

eric.cline wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Sorry.

The cover says 'After the Bomb' and Rifts.

;)
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Subjugator wrote:
eric.cline wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Sorry.

The cover says 'After the Bomb' and Rifts.

;)

It depends. The book can be used for both games yes, but its not really official world material. Plus as the guy said, there are two different sections. It would depend on which section that is being used.
:fool:
Wildfire
Adventurer

cornholioprime wrote:
Wildfire wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

I have an absolute minimum of 60 M.D.C. at 1st Level, and up to 150 M.D.C. at First Level; unknown if I, too, get an additional amount of MDC per Level as a Fallen CK. You get Cyber Armor that has 50 MDC Minimum/Maximum. Underneath it: Carbon-Based S.D.C. Pudding.

A]] I yawn and ALLOW you to make two or three hits with you Psi-Sword without blocking or dodging.......but only because I'm Anarchist with Aberrant leanings; I want to make things a LITTLE fairer for you and have some "fun" at the same time.......

B]] I hit you once or twice to shatter the Armor; then ignore the Anarchist Voices in my head that tell me to simply remove your Limbs and leave you with your MDC Cyber-Armor, but a Quadriplegic.

C]] I grant you a Quick Death; seems that the Aberrant Voice wins out after all........

just cause you have more MDC doesn't mean you can not be disarmed but you can not diasarm a Psi blade and the psi-stalker cyber knight would have an extra d6 at first lvl.
and hitting them would be the problem cause he would have the psi shield as well once you are disarmed you can only punch after your drained and guess what parring a sword with flesh albeit MDC flesh still guts cut and after disarming you it would equal opportunity for who ever gets the magic weapon off the ground. and before any one says he has SN stregnth and endurance, pain is pain is pain especially if delivered by a MD weapon slicing for your forarms, biceps etc. will cause vast amounts of pain
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Wildfire, why don't you roll up the characters and roll up the battle and then watch the fallen ck harvester dominate. :roll:
Wildfire
Adventurer

If I wasn't at work I would do that
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Wildfire wrote:If I wasn't at work I would do that
That's the BEST time to Roll up a Battle.

Right in front of the Customers.....or while re-positioning that heavy load with the crane........

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Wildfire wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Wildfire wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

just cause you have more MDC doesn't mean you can not be disarmed but you can not diasarm a Psi blade and the psi-stalker cyber knight would have an extra d6 at first lvl.
and hitting them would be the problem cause he would have the psi shield as well once you are disarmed you can only punch after your drained and guess what parring a sword with flesh albeit MDC flesh still guts cut and after disarming you it would equal opportunity for who ever gets the magic weapon off the ground. and before any one says he has SN stregnth and endurance, pain is pain is pain especially if delivered by a MD weapon slicing for your forarms, biceps etc. will cause vast amounts of pain

A]] If you decide to use both O.C.Cs, then I do too; You pull up your Psi-Shield, and I cast "Fear," or "Blinding Flash," or "Befuddle," or "Cloak of Darkness," or "Thunderclap" (I start out with only 1D4 Spells from Level 1 and Level 2 [up to 8 total] as a first level Harvester. And that's IF, and ONLY if, I decide as a first level Harvester to NOT harvest a Mage (are you kidding me??).

If I harvest a Mage, or TWO, then I get 1D4+6 Spells from ANY Level (regardless of my own Level as a Harvester), for EACH Sorceror that I "own."

B]] My Cosmo-Wep returns to me at will and/or if I throw it. Can't really "disarm" me....unless you......uh...manage to REALLY disarm me.... or grab and hold my Weapon, in which case you not only divest yourself of either your Wep or your Psi-Shield (you can't use my Wep; only I can). but quickly find out that the Phrase "Bare Hands" takes on a whole new dimension when your Opponent has Supernatural Strength (I have a SN P.S. of up to 28, which still does up to 3X the Damage of your Sword with my BARE HANDS [your CK does ONLY 1D6 MDC with Psi-Sword at first level]). :eek: :eek: :eek:

At first, my Cosmo-Harvester was merely amused at the persistence of your Psi-Stalker Cyber-Knight, but now he's starting to get a little peeved....

He's thinking of making a Bone Necklace of your own Limbs once he defeats you, and hanging them on your neck as a present......

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

ooo ooo make him a souless xombie!! :D

Our lord Nxla would find that a fitting end to this nuisance.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:ooo ooo make him a souless xombie!! :D

I'm torn on the matter....

If I send him to Nxla, then he goes to a "better" place......NOT!!!

But if I leave him limbless, he gets to live as a wretch..... and he always remembers "it was me what did it to him...."

I would have DEFINITELY sent him to Nxla in the first place, but I'm not sure that he actually suffers there.......

******EDIT/ADDENDUM******

I am FORCED to be either miscreant or Diabolic as a Harvester.

So I guess that I remove both his arms and legs, gouge out his eyes and inner ears, but leave his tongue: I got a Reputation to make in the world.....
Last edited by cornholioprime on Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:

But if I leave him limbless, he gets to live as a wretch..... and he always remembers "it was me what did it to him...."

I would have DEFINITELY sent him to Nxla in the first place, but I'm not sure that he actually suffers there.......

The flavor text makes it sound like being a part of Nxla is not a fun thing. :D
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

The flavor text makes it sound like being a part of Nxla is not a fun thing. :D
That's what I can't tell for sure.

It does say that Nxla sucks on the Souls like ectoplasmic Lollipops; but it doesn't say for sure if they suffer.........

Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Danger wrote:
Blight wrote:
darkbrandon wrote:
Blight wrote:Hero major: power invunerable
minor: invunerable magic
minor: invunerable psionics
mutantation: dose not need to breath.
used time: 40 sec
off the top of my head no books

Keep him in a hole for 3 weeks = ded. )c:
Make him mega hero with mega imortality (that way he'll stay fresh)

Dude, you make him sound like a piece of celery that would go good with Ranch Dressing. *shudder* :eek:

Now have real fun and make him a mineral baced life form :nuke: :ok:
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

my Zentraedi Tree Shaman would Own all the munchkins on this thread, since it has um everything..
now without going through zent route..

a Neo Human Chun Tzu Hero would own Everyone (Sans the Alien Intelligences) Even mister cosmo knight.. Especially after he picks a HTH with auto Dodge.

I wouldn't want to meet him after he reaches lvl 10 and has Bagua style ( Isp range in the 10,000 Range ... ) and his TK would keep everyone at bay.
and his Ba gua Circle would be big enough to trap even a Vampire intelligence in it
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Gomen_Nagai wrote:my Zentraedi Tree Shaman would Own all the munchkins on this thread, since it has um everything..
now without going through zent route..

a Neo Human Chun Tzu Hero would own Everyone (Sans the Alien Intelligences) Even mister cosmo knight.. Especially after he picks a HTH with auto Dodge.

I wouldn't want to meet him after he reaches lvl 10 and has Bagua style ( Isp range in the 10,000 Range ... )
Ditch the Zentraedi, friend.

Rifts Universe Books ONLY, not "Compatible with Rifts" Books......

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Remember when I said "no non-living Creatures???"

Is it breaking my own Rules to suggest as a Quasi-Legal Munchkin:

The Wrath of God Warship (Rifts: Naruni Wave II)....with a dissected Apok inside??

(Remember, the Pilot is somehow kept alive, although dissected and integrated into the ship as its eternal Pilot for as long as the Ship exists)

All that Firepower, Super Shielding, and a Regenerating Hull...and ALL Weps do DOUBLE DAMAGE against Supernatural Evil!!!!!

So, what's the consensus, folks?? As an Artificial Creature with a Gooey Living Center is it "Legal" within the Rules I myself set up???

Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Blight wrote:
Danger wrote:
Blight wrote:
darkbrandon wrote:
Blight wrote:Hero major: power invunerable
minor: invunerable magic
minor: invunerable psionics
mutantation: dose not need to breath.
used time: 40 sec
off the top of my head no books

Keep him in a hole for 3 weeks = ded. )c:
Make him mega hero with mega immortality (that way he'll stay fresh)

Dude, you make him sound like a piece of celery that would go good with Ranch Dressing. *shudder* :eek:

Now have real fun and make him a mineral based life form :nuke: :ok:
Hey wouldn't this guy be immune to all attacks invunerablties weakness to to magic and psionics would be covered. You could ignore all attacks. Right?
Gomen_Nagai

nope, Because impervious to magic does not make oneself impervious to Supernatural PS
and Invulnerability is VERY vulnerable to this
this still leaves Suffocation, Chi, Planar attacks ( Impervious to Psionics does not make you immune to Psychic energy attacks )
and many spells still inflict half damage with a save...
And ... if you were invisible to magic and astral plane --- you'd be totally immune to magic and psionic attacks, that's still leave you open to 4D magic attacks like those of Zurvan and phase attacks

the Neo human Chun Tzu Hero is insanely powerful, and would be impervious to double damage attacks for those meant against Supernatural Evil.

A Neo human Millenium Druid could inflict insane amounts of damage to those evil inclined characters who typically take 10 times damage...
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Gomen_Nagai wrote:nope, Because impervious to magic does not make oneself impervious to Supernatural PS
and Invulnerability is VERY vulnerable to this
this still leaves Suffocation, Chi, Planar attacks ( Impervious to Psionics does not make you immune to Psychic energy attacks )
and many spells still inflict half damage with a save...
And ... if you were invisible to magic and astral plane --- you'd be totally immune to magic and psionic attacks, that's still leave you open to 4D magic attacks like those of Zurvan and phase attacks

the Neo human Chun Tzu Hero is insanely powerful, and would be impervious to double damage attacks for those meant against Supernatural Evil.

A Neo human Millenium Druid could inflict insane amounts of damage to those evil inclined characters who typically take 10 times damage...
Yes but it's the "supernatural"
in the supernatural ps not the ps that harms an invunerable (and then 1/2 damage)2. mineral baced lifeform don't breath and any bio-minipulation( no suffacation or chi, or psi manipulation) incresing there already impresive regeneration (mega immortality) and magic damaging attacks can't hurt an invunerable charater . or i thought? oh ya as that this is only a race yuo could make it a dedicated martial artist. 8-)
Gomen_Nagai

chi enhanced attacks can't be blocked - without a chi barrier ( Chi animus of the right kind can stop/repel or deflect a chi attack )
Mind block (and impervious to psionic) would protect against a Direct chi attack but not a Enhanced chi attack.

the character is still vulnerable and a single Chi Sword strike will still do double the full damage the Character can inflict .. ( and Lord knows that CK is doomed once the equivalent of body Chi is given to it.. ( Being able to boost his PS to insane levels ( even given the Seng Reng's x 4 Isp cost for MD level ... quadruple digit PS score hit is very possible and that means he one shot kills the CK or what ever munchkin you throw out.
Mineral beings would be a nice enhancement since it has many other resistances.

but in the end, it'll die quickly against a Chun Tzu Hero with Neo human base (or silhoette Chun Tzu Hero... )
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Okapi wrote:Fallen Cosmo Knight/ Sea Inquisitor Zentradi
Sorry, Okapi, Rifts/Rifts Dimension Books Only.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Malignor wrote:Scarecrow with the 2 OCCs of Mystic Knight and Astral Mage...

- Scarecrows can be hurt by a few things, but (if I recall correctly) they can only be killed permanently by fire. All other forms of damage are regenerated, even if the Scareecrow is torn asunder.
- Being a Mystic Knight, he's impervious to energy attacks, including fire. Thus fire can't even hurt him, let alone kill him... counters vulnerability listed above.
- The first thing a scarecrow astral mage would do is make sure they cal teleport to their astral realm. Thus, even if torn asunder and imprisoned, all he has to do is meditate and he's in his astral realm instead of the prison.
- Only way to defeat this guy is to permanently imprison him in some place where no magic is possible.
A]] My Fallen Cosmo/Harvester first wipes the floor with your Scarecrow, then imprisons him in a Time Hole; at a time of his choosing he buys (read: steals a and Kills the fool who used to own) a Rune Weapon and has your Scarecrow Soul-Sucked.

Or he feeds you to Nxla (if applicable; Rits doesn't say exactly what a Screcrow is "made" of, so not sure that Nxla can eat him).

B]] Maybe I'm mistaken, but Astral Mages transport their Minds through the Astral Plane, no?? doesn't their body stay in the same place in the Physical Realm?? Would you give me the Book in which Astral Mages appear??

Necrite
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Necrite »

Gomen_Nagai wrote:
Thinyser wrote:my personal new favorite is a Silhoette Temporal warrior...Huge PPE base and lotsa kool abilties and bonuses plus spells.... mwahahaha mwahahaha....
new and improved with the combo of spells universal balance and giant so universal balance turns his 100 MDC to 10,000 SDC and giant tripples this to 30,000 and changes it back to MDC so thats 100 MDC to 30,000 MDC with only 2 spells! Is that not freaking awsome?!?!?!

a GIANT Zentraedi Tree Shaman gets his 2500 SDC gets turned into 250,000 MDC with his tree creature transformation.

I haven't read the whole thread, but let's multi-class this guy into a Line Walker and teach him universal balance and giant (as mentioned above). Unless the tree-formed Tree Shaman can't cast spells (I don't have the book) that's 2500 SDC turned into 250,000 MDC in tree form, converted to 25,000,000 SDC by universal balance, converted into 7,500,000,000 MDC by giant. SEVEN-POINT-FIVE FREAKIN' BILLION MDC!!

Yeah, yeah... I know... zents are off-limits.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Necrite wrote:
Gomen_Nagai wrote:
Thinyser wrote:my personal new favorite is a Silhoette Temporal warrior...Huge PPE base and lotsa kool abilties and bonuses plus spells.... mwahahaha mwahahaha....
new and improved with the combo of spells universal balance and giant so universal balance turns his 100 MDC to 10,000 SDC and giant tripples this to 30,000 and changes it back to MDC so thats 100 MDC to 30,000 MDC with only 2 spells! Is that not freaking awsome?!?!?!

a GIANT Zentraedi Tree Shaman gets his 2500 SDC gets turned into 250,000 MDC with his tree creature transformation.

I haven't read the whole thread, but let's multi-class this guy into a Line Walker and teach him universal balance and giant (as mentioned above). Unless the tree-formed Tree Shaman can't cast spells (I don't have the book) that's 2500 SDC turned into 250,000 MDC in tree form, converted to 25,000,000 SDC by universal balance, converted into 7,500,000,000 MDC by giant. SEVEN-POINT-FIVE FREAKIN' BILLION MDC!!

That's right 7.5 billion MDC...for like...30 seconds. )c:

Where as my Combo of diabolist + Dragon = even more MDC by continually casting UB and Giant + perminence ward and Power ward to keep them both active...forever. + the perminece ward to invulnerability, magic...Yeah, the win.

Unlimited MDC + Perminance of these powers + perminence of all other spells one can think of =Pwnge of RIFTS.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

darkbrandon wrote:
Necrite wrote:
Gomen_Nagai wrote:

Where as my Combo of diabolist + Dragon = even more MDC by continually casting UB and Giant + perminence ward and Power ward to keep them both active...forever. + the perminece ward to invulnerability, magic...Yeah, the win.

Unlimited MDC + Perminance of these powers + perminence of all other spells one can think of =Pwnge of RIFTS.
Okay, which Book is Diabolism in?

'Cause I'm pretty sure that one CANNOT cast Permanence Wards upon himself; else, every Mage and his Brother would A]] have taken up Diabolism by now; and B]] permanently enchanted themselves with "Invulerability," "Impervious to Energy," "Speed Weapon," and so so on......Regardless of the (permanent) cost to them.......

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

darkbrandon wrote:Where as my Combo of diabolist + Dragon = even more MDC by continually casting UB and Giant + perminence ward and Power ward to keep them both active...forever. + the perminece ward to invulnerability, magic...Yeah, the win.

I call down upon thee the God of Shenanigans, Darkbrandon!!!!

For thou hast summoned Magicks from yon land of Palladium, in truth 'gainst the Rules set down!!!!!!

In the name of Shenanigans, Derisive Laughter is hereby called down upon thee!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Subjugator

cornholioprime wrote:Okay, which Book is Diabolism in?

'Cause I'm pretty sure that one CANNOT cast Permanence Wards upon himself; else, every Mage and his Brother would A]] have taken up Diabolism by now; and B]] permanently enchanted themselves with "Invulerability," "Impervious to Energy," "Speed Weapon," and so so on......Regardless of the (permanent) cost to them.......

It's in PFRPG, but it's ALSO in the RCB, and that's a Rifts book! This should be acceptable.

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

I think my ultimate munchkin can outdamage everybody.

I have a min of 3600 and a max of 21600 damage per round if I just punch.

And a min of 7800 with a max of 31200 damage per round if all of my selves are using sorcerous fury.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Subjugator wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Okay, which Book is Diabolism in?

It's in PFRPG, but it's ALSO in the RCB, and that's a Rifts book! This should be acceptable.
Unfortunately, BOTH Books state clearly and at the outset that the Magicks are A]] from Palladium RPG and B]] Also clearly stated that the magic simply doesn't exist on Rifts Earth.

That's why there's no actual Section on Diabolism, just a very quick rundown of what it is, and the reminder that it doesn't really exist in Rifts.

Drawing inference from the Books, the closest thing in the Rifts Megaverse closest to Diabolism for the "average joe" is the Shifter O.C.C.

Same basic concept as the Beyond the Supernatural or Nightbane Conversion Notes: Just because the Author gives a Conversion Chart doesn't mean that it's actually "native" to Rifts. It's just a means by which a different Game and its mechanics can be brought in.

I'm terribly sorry, darkbrandon, but the High Court's Ruling on Shenanigans must stand........ :D

dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

cornholioprime wrote:I'm terribly sorry, darkbrandon, but the High Court's Ruling on Shenanigans must stand........ :D

Infidels, you shall all burn in my Palladium Boards Jihad! Ohyallalalalalalalalalalala!!!!
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

phoboskitty wrote:i would like a clarification...is this single class characters only?

I mean if someone can be a harvester/cosmoknight? then the flood gates are open... how many levels alowed?
A]] NO single class Characters (if by that you mean "I'll take Zurvan as my Munchkin Character!!") Make as munchkin a Charcter you can, with as many OCC/RCC Combos that you can, as long as its A]] Legal to Rifts Charcter/OCC/RCC Restrictions and Rules;

B]] Out of a Rifts Book (DIRECTLY out of Rifts and its related Dimension Books: No Conversions like Nightbane or Splicers or Beyond the Supernatural or Palladium Fantasy RPG or Robotech, etc.)

C]] Can be members of any Class even NPC Classes, as long as its Legal, but NOT Individuals with the Special Abilities often given to those; so while you cold use the Apok R.C.C., (Rifts: Wormwood) you cold NOT use, say Fortune the Apok (Rifts: Firetown and the Tolkeen Crisis)

D]] Who cares how many levels the Chracter is? But keep it at Level One to simplify things if need be. Thus far, we've been matching up some of our Level One Creations against one another to see how they'd handle.

:P :P And not to toot my own horn but my 1st Level Fallen Cosmo-Knight/Harvester Combo kinda kicks butt. He's "amusing" himself even as we speak by taking on a 1st Level Psi-Stalker/Cyber Knight Combo...... :P :P :P

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Tyciol wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:Talus Biofreak Harvester

Super Powers:
Invulnerability
Natural Combat Ability
Multiple Selves
Sonic Speed
Extraordinary Speed
Extraordinary PP
Superhuman strength

Entirely legal as per Skraypers. :P

Whose soul WOULDN'T this guy harvest? :lol:
A psychic's?

Bah, Lord Nxla wants not a psychic's soul. Lord Nxla would rather I pummel said psychic in less than half a melee. :x
Gomen_Nagai

Giant as it appeared in fed up with magic, book, does not have an MDC cap
if the reprint in Book of Magic does, it's not listed

there is a MDC cap in the spell in the Titanizer symbiote, which is nonsense in it self.
Gomen_Nagai

Necrite wrote:
Gomen_Nagai wrote:

Yeah, yeah... I know... zents are off-limits.

the problem is Universal Balance is only castable by Native american spirits and Paradox Shamans, and I'm damn sure Tree shamans don't get paradox shaman spells and the spell is not available to Ley line Wizards and Temporal Raiders.

so it's not even quasi legal to have Giant and Universal Balance :)
Gomen_Nagai

cornholioprime wrote:
darkbrandon wrote:
Necrite wrote:
Gomen_Nagai wrote:

Permanency runes have to stitched into the skin of people and can be REMOVED.
and they are only unremovable if put into a power circle
they can't be used to make permanent Normal spells, only other runes. You'd have to convert a spell into a rune for that to work.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Gomen_Nagai wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
darkbrandon wrote:
Necrite wrote:
Gomen_Nagai wrote:

Permanency runes have to stitched into the skin of people and can be REMOVED.
and they are only unremovable if put into a power circle
they can't be used to make permanent Normal spells, only other runes. You'd have to convert a spell into a rune for that to work.
That's okay, Gomen.

Diabolism doesn't really exist in Rifts anyway..... hence no Listings or O.C.C.s on it except for a short PFRPG to Rifts Conversion Guide., in the back of Rifts:Dark Conversions and in Rifts Conversion Book One [Revised].

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Sentinel wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
Sentinel wrote:Can Prometheans become Cosmo-Knights?

No they cannot. It specifically mentions them in the CK description. They could however be one of the magus' from the Federation of Magic, which would be quite scary.

Thank you.

My next thought was to make a Mega-Hero Alien out of a Promethean, but that's against the rules here...

It is?

Why?

Just slap a second OCC on him/her. :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

The first one I came up with was back when Atlantis first came up.

A juicer that had (involuntarily) undergone several bio-wizardy and other treatments. He had been given an Absurr Life Node, Chest Amalgamage, Pathic Healer, and Talo Mind Worms (bred to the max twenty). He was also given an extra set of arms.

He was then dumped into the Asylum and "shown the light."

Admittedly, he technically violates two of the restrictions for the "contest"... He's a single OCC/RCC, and he was a fifth or seventh level Juicer. (He also has a lifespan as a juicer boardering on 40(?) years.)

I'll post my NGR Munchkin later...that one is closer to being "legal" for the contest. :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Updated Talus Biofreak Soul Harvester

Super Powers:
Invulnerability
Natural Combat Ability
Multiple Selves
Sonic Speed
Impervious to psionics
Extraordinary PP
Superhuman strength

I just noticed that I picked sonic speed AND extraordinary speed, and that's not legal! So I replaced extraordinary speed with a power that gets rid of my major weakness.

If I had all of my selves continually cast ballistic fire, I would beat the scarecrow mystic knight pretty quickly. :D

(15d6)(15)(2)/2 = 225 to 1350 damage per round.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

phoboskitty wrote:i was going to mention that whole vulnerability to psionics of the harvester... so the Psi-Stalker Cyberknight will wipe the floor with you, just hope he dosn't have an amaki psi-baldE!!!
*Yawn* My so-called Vulnerability to Psionics ONLY manifests itself with the Psi-Stalker/Cyber Knight as Double Damage from his Psi-Sword...which amounts to a [sarcasm]WHOPPING[/sarcasm] 2D6 MDC.

But does Cornholioprime's Hybrid stop there?? Noooooooooooooooooo.

As one his first Actions, he casts any number of Spells that cut down Mr. Psi-Cyber knight's Bonuses to hit ("Blinding Flash," Cloak of Darkness," et al.), with the fairly large number of Spells that are available to him even as a 1st Level Harvester. He ALSO has two Harvested Souls as part of his makeup at 1st Level; if he took care to Harvest a couple of Mages (what do YOU think I'd have my 1st Level Harvester do??), then he has up to 10 (!!) Spells PER Mage, of ANY Spell Level that the Mage reached in life, that he has absorbed (1D4 + 6 Spells per Mage's Soul). Hmm, let's see, which Spells do I want from that High-Level Mage I just "ate?" Oooh, "Speed Weapon" looks pretty nice. So does that good ol' standby, "Armor of Ithan." I'll have a side of "Magic Net," please. And looky here. What's this?? "House of Glass??" If I cast THAT one, Mr. Psi-Cyber chops HIMSELF down at the SAME Rate that he Damages me for. My oh, my, the list of things that I can do agianst Mr. "Sir Thorpe-Wannabe" are simply endless.....

phoboskitty wrote:not to mention the Psy-scape Titan Psi-warrior/warrior of asgaurd!!! and that is with only ONE O.C.C.!!!!! would mess up that harvester guy! cosmo knights are still vulnerable to magic AND MAGIC ENERGY!!! so a trusty TW Partical beam gun would work

it is a nice combo...but there are more powerful combinations one can think of...
And we're not talking about them. Currently, my Battle is with the Psi-Stalker/Cyber-Knight of Wildfire's creation (and yes, I did talk some trash against a Scarecrow/Mystic Knight Combo in here, but against HIM, I've since shut my mouth after I did some more reading). I've ALREADY said (paraphrasing), that while there ARE Munchkin Combos in this Forum that WILL defeat me, Wildfire's Creation isn't one of them.

phoboskitty wrote:like a NEO-HUMAN (from Psyscape)/Battle MAGUS?

or a Titan ( yes i love titans ) Cyberknight for psyscape/battle magus!!!

that woudl mess you up COSMO BOY!!!!
See Answer above.

Return to “Rifts®”