QUASI-LEGAL Munchkinism! (or, scaring the Pants off your GM)

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Mindcrime wrote:You said characters must be legal as per Rifts canon. Yours is not. I don't have a problem with the Dominator, I have a problem with him selecting an OCC. That is just plain illegal.

And for the record, after some added Debate, we pretty much agreed that Alien Intelligences were off the table. Don't take my word for it; look back at the previous Posts.

Any Questions???

Then illegal Dominator/OCC mixes are out too. :roll:
*sigh*

Mindcrime:

A]] If I start off the "contest" with the Statement that you can take ANY RCC or OCC, even NPC ones, to fuse together to make a Hybrid out of, as long as they are compatible, then it becomes readily apparent that we're not following Rifts Rules 100%, now are we?

B]] I'm STILL looking for the CANON Statement that says that R.C.C.s CANNOT take O.C.Cs. As of yet, NO ONE has provided one, neither in this Thread or any other. Find it and point it out, and I'll readily ascribe to it. IMO, it sounds like yet another Rifts Urban Legend that took on a life of its own.

As I'll point out once more: with RARE exception, and even then mostly in the Rifts: Conversion Book One, there are NO given Restrictions OR allowances on a given R.C.C. or O.C.C.; just the Requirements needed to become them in the first place.

For the purposes of this "contest,"
I can make a Dominator/Harvester Hybrid, because I'm allowed to use ANY O.C.C. or R.C.C. here, even NPC ones (and again, several of us 'agreed' that Alien Intelligences were one RCC that should not be used). However, I cannot create a Promethean/Harvester Hybrid because Harvesters cannot be Psychics and Prometheans are.

You really, really need to re-read the Rules that I posted in their entirety
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:sigh*

B]] I'm STILL looking for the CANON Statement that says that R.C.C.s CANNOT take O.C.Cs. As of yet, NO ONE has provided one, neither in this Thread or any other. Find it and point it out, and I'll readily ascribe to it. IMO, it sounds like yet another Rifts Urban Legend that took on a life of its own.

There is a difference between RCC and race.

As I'll point out once more: with RARE exception, and even then mostly in the Rifts: Conversion Book One, there are NO given Restrictions OR allowances on a given R.C.C. or O.C.C.; just the Requirements needed to become them in the first place.

If an RCC has a skill-set and no mention of OCCs whatsoever, then it does not get an OCC.

I can make a Dominator/Harvester Hybrid, because I'm allowed to use ANY O.C.C. or R.C.C. here, even NPC ones (and again, several of us 'agreed' that Alien Intelligences were one RCC that should not be used). However, I cannot create a Promethean/Harvester Hybrid because Harvesters cannot be Psychics and Prometheans are.

Alien Intelligences shouldn't be used why? If you're going to make blatantly illegal characters, then why not use an AI? AIs have just as much place in this thread as Dominator/harvesters. :roll:
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Malignor wrote:My character is 100% legal, and unkillable... unless played by a complete idiot.
Put that character in my hands and let me loose on the world... I'd be only too happy to whoop even the Dominator Soul Harvester, as long as it's not some silly arena thing.

Your character has the ability to stalemate nearly any other being, but if you don't flee, several could kill you.
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

eric.cline wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:sigh*

There is a difference between RCC and race.

If an RCC has a skill-set and no mention of OCCs whatsoever, then it does not get an OCC.

Alien Intelligences shouldn't be used why? If you're going to make blatantly illegal characters, then why not use an AI? AIs have just as much place in this thread as Dominator/harvesters. :roll:

I believe cornholioprime started this thread with the idea that it might be fun to stretch the limits of the character creation process to create the ultimate 'Munchkin'.

He has laid down the ground rules for this psudo-contest, and so he is also allowed to add addendums to these rules.
If you don't like it, don't play; after all its just for fun and in no way a 'serious' competition.

Game = Fun
If your not having fun, your not playing the game right.

And in my opinion, he broke his own rules.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Mindcrime wrote:If an RCC has a skill-set and no mention of OCCs whatsoever, then it does not get an OCC.
Still waiting for that CANON Quote, Book, and Page Number that says that what you say is indeed the case.

STILL waiting. I've been waiting all day for you to produce the desired Statement, in fact.

If you are so quick to cite that I've broke this Rule or that Rule or whatever Rule, then you SHOULD also be able to point out where The Authors state that I have indeed broken the Rule.

So once again, Book and Page Number, please, that supports your Argument. Back to you, Mindcrime.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:If an RCC has a skill-set and no mention of OCCs whatsoever, then it does not get an OCC.
Still waiting for that CANON Quote, Book, and Page Number that says that what you say is indeed the case.

STILL waiting. I've been waiting all day for you to produce the desired Statement, in fact.

If you are so quick to cite that I've broke this Rule or that Rule or whatever Rule, then you SHOULD also be able to point out where The Authors state that I have indeed broken the Rule.

So once again, Book and Page Number, please, that supports your Argument. Back to you, Mindcrime.

A character with an RCC should be able to change classes to that of an OCC.

Example:

A Mind Melter who gets more than two bionic limbs has to change to the 'Borg class.

That's the fact jack, so, as long as your RCC cannot be your chosen OCC (i.e. you can't have a dragon that changes into a borg), then you can play it legally.
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:

You're assuming that a skilled RCC can take an OCC. Where does it say they can? It doesn't. What you're doing is the equivolent of assuming that headhunters can cast magic.... it doesn't SAY they can't afterall. Why not assume that Ley Line Walkers get +100 to save vs posession, I mean it doesn't say they don't. :roll:
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

You're assuming that a skilled RCC can take an OCC. Where does it say they can? It doesn't. What you're doing is the equivolent of assuming that headhunters can cast magic.... it doesn't SAY they can't afterall. Why not assume that Ley Line Walkers get +100 to save vs posession, I mean it doesn't say they don't. :roll:
Enough assumptions and inferences, Mindcrime.

Show us where, with Book and Page Number, it is stated that RCCs cannot select OCCs. Anything less is but inference on your part.

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:Enough assumptions and inferences, Mindcrime.

Show us where, with Book and Page Number, it is stated that RCCs cannot select OCCs. Anything less is but inference on your part.

I am not assuming or inferring anything.
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

As I stated it was a Power leech Bio freak with Natural Combat ability and Control Kinetic energy.
A Highly legal Combo, As power leeches are not creatures of magic.
just a bunch of mutants.

so While My NCA keeps you off the beat, my CKE Power lets me
1. Null movement ( to 25% or half speed)
2. Stop specific attacks (to 10% or 50+%)
3. Double speed of attacks
4. Redirect attacks (BACK AT ATTACKER)

So yes, My power leech beats your creature to a pulp, It's not even legal (it violates your own rules, Something that a munchkin always violates, and not a real rules lawyer!)

as for the Scarecrow, .... It would lose unless it could Suck the creature into the astral plane or dream stream or into a dimension where it's powers no longer worked.

and even then it's unbeatable in Hand to hand combat

as for environmental hazards, I don't think it would be a problem, I don't think it's a problem

oh and they're also psychics, With all the powers harvesters hate.
oh and it generally has a low mdc, but that's a minor quibble.. surely a good hit will stop it, but it's high parry ability and redirection ability means no one will be landing blows on him

Unread post by Guest »

I hope none of you stole my uber munchkin.

Silhouette Ghost Maker

(Legal even, it says in the Noro description that a child raised by a Ghost Maker and trained in the ways could become one, just whip up a story about the Silhouette being found as a child by a Noro Warrior after a successful battle, brought back as penance for the deaths, and the Warriors wife was a Ghsot maker...now it's even a Plausible character!)

He would just sit in a bar somewhere, minding his own business, while creating Possessing Entity after Possessing Entity, taking over the world one day at a time, eventually amassing a planetary collective, and if he lived long enough (how long do silhouette live?) he could probably conquer the Galaxy as for some reason...

They listed NO duration for the Possessing Entities, or their period of control, and NO saving throw for control...

You would never even find out who sent the fleet after fleet of starships and armies of robots and power armor to attack you...

If you didn't get possessed first...lots of things which are immune to lots of stuff, aren't immune to possession.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Malignor wrote:Okay. Found the power leech. Psyscape.

First off, they're D-bees with supernatural attributes; they're supernatural beings. I read the description.
Second off, the fact that they're supernatural beings doen't matter because a Bio-Freak can apparently be anything that can undergo genetic experimentation by the Tarlok: Dragon, demon, godling, squirrel, goldfish, etc.

Anyway, it's completely irrelevant. Your little guy has a pitiful amount of MDC. One pop from a boom gun and he's a spray of goo. And stealing some good power armor is super easy for my scarecrow.

Step 1: Meet your guy, get smacked around and escape to astral realm
Step 2: Spy on your guy and find out what he is
Step 3: Hire assassins with different methods of attack (a sniper, a brawler, a poison master, etc.). Meanwhile, I observer from afar and learn weaknesses: poison and snipers work well
Step 4: If your guy survives, at least now I know what works. Just do it... steal some good rail gun and waste your guy from afar. Just have to do it from a concealed position and do big damage... cuz if yer already dead, you can't use your CKE.
Does anyone know if the CKE Ability allows its posessor to have ALL FOUR Powers at once??? Or must a Character choose between one or two of them??

If someone else has the same Book that Gomen Nagai is reading CKE from, then let the rest of know what it does because I kinda doubt that it allows him to do EVERYTHING that he says it can.

By the way, if his Power Leech is actually a True Supernatural Creature (and I believe that they are not), then they wouldn't be able to be geneticlly altered (Rifts: Mindwerks, Page 66).

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Gomen_Nagai wrote:As I stated it was a Power leech Bio freak with Natural Combat ability and Control Kinetic energy.
A Highly legal Combo, As power leeches are not creatures of magic.
just a bunch of mutants.

so While My NCA keeps you off the beat, my CKE Power lets me
1. Null movement ( to 25% or half speed)
2. Stop specific attacks (to 10% or 50+%)
3. Double speed of attacks
4. Redirect attacks (BACK AT ATTACKER)

So yes, My power leech beats your creature to a pulp
Geez Louise, why don't you hand over whatever it is you're smoking. I picked the Dominator for a REASON. Again, I have up to 8,000 M.D.C. Just HOW much Damage do you really think you'll be doing??? You probably won't even be able to destroy my Armor, for cripes sakes, before I eventually get my hands on you (At start, you can ONLY do MD on a Power Punch, according to your RCC Description. My Armor ALONE has 1,000 M.D.C.). And in a grapple, all the CKE in the world isn't going to save you when I toss you into the nearest large body of Water -hundreds of miles from shore -or take you up to my Spaceship and jettison you out of the nearest Airlock.

Furthermore, just how long do you think that your Chracter can evade or negate Physical Attacks?? I figure that you'll get a SIGNIFICANT penalty to your rolls after, say, about two or three days of non-stop fighting. (I'm a True Supernatural Creature, and you're not. I have REAL Supernatural Endurance and can fight non-stop for weeks).
Gomen_Nagai wrote:It's not even legal (it violates your own rules, Something that a munchkin always violates, and not a real rules lawyer!)
You really DON'T read well for a Rules Lawyer, do you??

I can only hope that for the sake of Defendants everywhere that you're NOT a Lawyer in Real Life.

My Phrasing IN THE OPENING POST specifically stated that for the purposes of the Contest, you could make a Hybrid of ANY Class, even NPC ones; later, several of us 'agreed' that Alien Intelligences were to be taken out of the mix. When you master Basic English and Sentence Syntax, go back and re-read (if you really read the Opening Post AT ALL) what is allowed for the Terms of this Contest.

Here's a little bit of "friendly" Advice:

Maybe you shouldn't place upon yourself the Title of "Rules Lawyer" just yet.

You certainly haven't demonstrated that level of proficiency thus far....

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Malignor wrote:I would also like to point out to you all with your Bio-Freak muchkins that Bio-Freak is an RCC, not an OCC, and that the Bio-Freak does not keep the original powers of the base race.
Really?

I'll have to research that.........

Unread post by Guest »

*quietly takes over another world with my Silhouette Ghost Maker*

So, what are you guys arguing about?
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Malignor wrote:I would also like to point out to you all with your Bio-Freak muchkins that Bio-Freak is an RCC, not an OCC, and that the Bio-Freak does not keep the original powers of the base race.

Now I feel like the tables have turned...... book pg #? :lol:

BioFreaks keep the attributes and natural combat abilities of their race, so why not their super powers? And the NPC Truk supports this interpretation.
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Edge wrote:*quietly takes over another world with my Silhouette Ghost Maker*

Your illegal character. :D
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Edge wrote:*quietly takes over another world with my Silhouette Ghost Maker*

*Domintor Uses his Worldship to blow up the Planet in queston*

I don't know. What were they arguing about??? Oh, well. Plenty more planets where that came from.....

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

While it bends the rules a tad, and probably isn't even one of the top 5 munchkin characters in this thread, here is my latest creation!

Splugorth High Lord Biofreak Temporal Warrior

Super Powers:
Multiple Selves
Invulnerability
Extraordinary PP
Extraordinary SPD

This character bends the rules because High Lords normally can't pick an OCC, but Biofreaks can! :lol:

He has "centuries of study" as a ley line walker, a tatoo maker, a technowizard, and a Temporal Warrior.

:D
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Here's a wacky one for ya':
Sea Titan Battle Magus Sea Mystic Knight Sea Inquisitor

1.As long as the character becomes a Battle Magus before the change, it's entirely legal.

2. He takes the Mystic Knight OCC after his 250th birthday.

3. He starts getting called by the lord of the deep, but resists.
Gomen_Nagai

Malignor wrote:
p.126, Psyscape wrote:under "Power Leech RCC"
But despite their appearance and demeanor, these D-bees are far from helpless infants. They are counted among the ranks of the most dangerous supernatural predators on Earth

- all attributes are considered supernatural (p. 127)
- magic does 1/3rd the damage & duration on Power Leeches. However, the spellcaster must make a psionic save at -4 to not just have the entire spell get absorbed & feed the leech, rendering the leech not only unharmed, but even stronger.

=============

Control Kinetic Energy
== 1 - Null (slow) movement ==
- using it takes 2 actions
- is a immediate range field around the character, acting on all attacks
- lasts 1 min/level
- may not affect living beings (if they make a saving throw of 14)
== 2 - Increase movement (of others) ==
- a couple hundred feet range
- lasts 1 melee/level
- used to cause collisions or increase the speed of projectiles (+50% damage)
== 3 - Redirect KE ==
- can cause a physical or projectile attack to hit the attacker, or even another target
- the damage of the redirected attack is 1/2 the original
- must make a successful roll to parry for this to work; no listed penalties for parrying bullets

==============

- so far this means that this character still has to parry the attack, so must know where it's coming from. Useless against sneak attacks
- this character can be affected (sometimes) by magic (at 1/3rd)
- this character is indeed a supernatural predator, so if they can't get genetically modded, then it's illegal for the Bio-freak combo.
- a concealed sniper (or group) with a rail gun can waste this character even if it was legal
- actually, I would pit a group of juicers against this guy with rail guns. I doubt their bonuses can be "borrowed" from NCA since they're not from any hand to hand training, just raw juice, so they'd have the advantage in Hand to Hand (all they need is a MDC weapon that has no power source... need to scour the books for that). Plus they can autododge against any redirected kinetic attacks.

yes, Well.. they're not really supernatural predators, since they're pretty normal..but yes it's not Impossible to defeat. Just impossible for munchkisn to defeat since they are so lame

but as for the juicer bit, It will be able to beat on them, since if it's gonna be the same level as the dominator, It's going to kick all their asses.
(8th level)
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:Here's a wacky one for ya':
Sea Titan Battle Magus Sea Mystic Knight Sea Inquisitor

1.As long as the character becomes a Battle Magus before the change, it's entirely legal.

2. He takes the Mystic Knight OCC after his 250th birthday.

3. He starts getting called by the lord of the deep, but resists.
Looks pretty 'legal' to me.

Gomen_Nagai

The Sea titan inquisitor is nasty.. .but I 'd still be beating on you with my Bio freak power leech Character.
(and it's Quasi Legal ... )
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Malignor wrote:I'm saying that every example Bio-Freak is an RCC unto itself. No Talus Bio Freak has Talitsu, or tail powers.

The book says and I quote: "Attacks Per Melee: Standard as per racial characteristics ( i.e. Talus have extra tail attacks), training and super abilities."

Every Bio-Freak (except Truk) is an entry straight from the Bio Freak RCC description. The only exception is Truk, who also has Superhuman Strength listed twice, so I think he's a convoluted typo anyway.

Disreguarding the extra listing of superhuman strength, he still has 6 powers; 1 major and 5 minor. This is in fact impossible with only the biofreak table.

Unread post by Guest »

Silhouette Ghost Maker is as legal as it gets, there is absolutely nothing preventing this combination.

*notices that one of my hundreds of worlds was destroyed*

"Hmm...Mobilize the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Fleets to destroy that Dominator..."

Excellent...
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Edge wrote:Silhouette Ghost Maker is as legal as it gets, there is absolutely nothing preventing this combination.

Excellent...

Sillhouettes don't have the option of taking an OCC. :D
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Edge wrote:Silhouette Ghost Maker is as legal as it gets, there is absolutely nothing preventing this combination.

Excellent...
Sorry to break it to you. but Posessing Entities do NOT get the Skills of their victims (Rifts: Dark Conversions, page 83).

So Possess one Starship Pilot or One MILLION, but your "possessed" Characters won't know jack about piloting that Craft.

And my Dominator/Harvester will sit back with a Tub of Popcorn, or Chips and Dip, or Grilled Humanoid on Rice Pilaf, or whatever Dominators eat for fun, and watch those Ships crash into the nearest Solar Masses....

Unread post by Guest »

Mindcrime wrote:

Excellent...

Ghost Maker =/= OCC

It is a type of PCC if anything, you need to have Psionic Potential.

Under Silhouette Psionics, it says clearly 'Standard, Same as Humans'

Unread post by Guest »

cornholioprime wrote:

Excellent...
Sorry to break it to you. but Posessing Entities do NOT get the Skills of their victims (Rifts: Dark Conversions, page 83).

So Possess one Starship Pilot or One MILLION, but your "possessed" Characters won't know jack about piloting that Craft.

And my Dominator/Harvester will sit back with a Tub of Popcorn, or Chips and Dip, or Grilled Humanoid on Rice Pilaf, or whatever Dominators eat for fun, and watch those Ships crash into the nearest Solar Masses....

I just need to possess the commanders and order the crews to do my bidding.

With careful work, an invisible, intangible last I checked Possessing Entity could even be slipped right up into the very highest ranks of government in say, the CCW...

Unread post by Guest »

Malignor wrote:*Scarecrow convinces some minor psionics who are skilled with woodworking to join the Astral Community, so they can manufacture wood products and sell them... the wood is free, so it's pure profit minus the labour. With the added PPE I buy anouther cubic mile to house em*

*sends a possessed puppet to offer a partnership with Mal's scarecrow, with our combined logistic might, none could stand before us*

Hee hee...
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Re: Clarity

Kestrel wrote:Granted, the one that started the thread can allow or disallow as he pleases, yet it does lead to a bit of confusion.

My original understanding was that this thread was limited to combinations that no sane GM would allow in a standard campaign, yet has nothing in cannon to discourage a player from creating such a combination.

Alien Intelligences, Dominators, Adult Dragons, Metzla, Lizard Mages, demonlords, and so on tend to have the disclaimer that they are not recommended as player characters. I don't know where the subthread about Dominators not being legal because of the OCC/RCC combinations came from. I have no problems with Dominators taking an OCC. I just thought that since Dominators were not recommended as PCs, it would make them off-limits to this thread, regardless of combination or lack thereof.

If a Dominator is allowed, it may lead to confusion as we now have to question every other race, class, or OCC that is "not recommended", such as adult dragons, Vampire Intelligences, highly evolved Promethians, and other broken combinations.

At least no one is trying to make a hybrid anything. (My half-mulka, half-promethian sees and knows everything! What do you mean no hybrids?)
You're right, Kestrel.

NORMALLY, in Munchkin Contests, the "Contestants" are limited to Legal, allowed PC Options.

In THIS Contest, however, I wanted to do something a little bit different, and see what Munchkin Characters Players could come up with if they could choose EVERY OCC and/or RCC out there, including the NPC ones.

Once they chose the Creatures for the Hybrid that they'd want to create THEN their combination would be judged on whether or not it could happen.

Hence the now oft-repeated Statement that I could, for the purposes of this Contest, chosse a Fallen Cosmo-Knight/Harvester or even a Dominator/Harvester, but NOT a Promethean/Harvester (which is what I wanted the VERY first time; Harvesters get not only bonus PPE and Magic Spells from Harvested Souls, but P.S. and S.D.C. Points as well. Add THAT to the 1st Stager Prometheans' Phase Powers and OUCH!!!), because Prometheans have Psionics, which them ineligible to become Harvesters.

Hence the name of the Thread, "QUASI-Legal Munchikinism."

Its amazing to note that a "mere" Scarecrow/Fallen Knight Hybrid is amongst the most potentially powerful of all of the Munchkin Creations created thus far.

BTW, Kestrel, do we have an Entry from YOU, yet???

Just curious to see what that mind of yours comes up with....

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Edge wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:

Excellent...

Ghost Maker =/= OCC

It is a type of PCC if anything, you need to have Psionic Potential.

Under Silhouette Psionics, it says clearly 'Standard, Same as Humans'

PCC/OCC same thing. I've always taken "standard, same as humans" to mean that they can roll to be a minor or major psychic.
Gomen_Nagai

Not all Bio Freaks have tails. They need that to have tailitzu
and going char by char

Scyth, A mega hero, Non bio freak
klynt: Bio freak seerman psychic with EXTRA psionic powers
Piper: psychi seerman, Non bio freak
Booma: a cyborg, Non bio freak
DangerDespair: A possible biofreak, with power set suggsting bio freak
DarkQorn: - seeronian
fightstik, a seeronian
Shok- a seeronian
slinger- a seeronian
Hammerjack- a human biofreak (note - Bio freaks and human entries say that Only a percentage of them have super powers, and Thus this is so)
Nightwich: seerman superhuman ( with psionics)
Talus biofreak - With a stunted tail, so no talitszu, but he has 2 majors 2 minors, Not a combo a biofreak can get really, but a TALUS can get Superhuman PS from it's mutation..
Six barrel: Talus cyborg - no tail, no talitsu
Dragoneye: seerman Biofreak: super powers (lots) and psionics
spike tail : talus mutant
Truk: Seeron Bio freak with Lots of pisonics and powers!

So yes they do get Racial abilities, IF APPLICABLE
I wouldn't expect a Squip bio freak who no longer had prehensile feet to have squip Acrobatics
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Blight wrote:ALRIGHT for those of you who have not seen this a Jeradu is a sixed arm
elf....O.C.C. : Sports man (selecting martial arts Hwarang do and Mo gi gong) second O.C.C. Techno Wizard. then create 6 battle furry blades
NOW by My calculations I have 11 attacks per round normally . now add
six blades I have 66 ( no . its not a typo) attacks per round. NOW make those blades battle furry blades and I have ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO ATTACKS (yes thats 132) IN ONE MEELE ROUND ( I m not done yet) AND 600 MDC from magic fields provided by the blades

:shock: :D :lol: submitted By ETAT using BLIGHT's poster

Unread post by Guest »

I guess a Scarecrow Fallen Knight would be a bit more powerful than a Scarecrow Mystic Knight huh...

Both would of course be, unkillable as all hell.

Would a scarecrow be eligible for the Forge?

I mean...if so...what about a Machine Person Cosmo or Fallen Knight?

As for the Silhouette, I still stand by that as not being technically precluded, as it says in the Ghost Maker (AND Psi-Ghost) descriptions that "technically, any race with psychic potential, if trained by a ghost maker, could manifest the abilities" or something along those lines.

Silhouette Psi-Ghost, now that is a whole lot more vague, but still pretty scary...Intangible Mages can still cast Magic on the Tangible Realm, right?

Unread post by Guest »

Blight wrote:
Blight wrote:ALRIGHT for those of you who have not seen this a Jeradu is a sixed arm
elf....O.C.C. : Sports man (selecting martial arts Hwarang do and Mo gi gong) second O.C.C. Techno Wizard. then create 6 battle furry blades
six blades I have 66 ( no . its not a typo) attacks per round. NOW make those blades battle furry blades and I have ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO ATTACKS (yes thats 132) IN ONE MEELE ROUND ( I m not done yet) AND 600 MDC from magic fields provided by the blades

Take that same concept...

Find some way to work in Muay Thai...

Now do 132 Attacks, all at once...

Unread post by Guest »

ooh!

Even bettar!

Hawrk-Duhk
Invincible Guardsman
Invulnerability
Impervious to Psionics

Hawrk-Ka's are cooler looking, but something about a nigh-impossible to kill Hawrk-Duhk makes me smile.
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Edge wrote:I guess a Scarecrow Fallen Knight would be a bit more powerful than a Scarecrow Mystic Knight huh...

Both would of course be, unkillable as all hell.

Would a scarecrow be eligible for the Forge?

I mean...if so...what about a Machine Person Cosmo or Fallen Knight?

Scarecrows are supernatural and thus cannot be chosen by the Forge. And unless Machine People are something more than super intelligent machines, I'm gonna say they can't be chosen by the Forge either.

As for the Silhouette, I still stand by that as not being technically precluded, as it says in the Ghost Maker (AND Psi-Ghost) descriptions that "technically, any race with psychic potential, if trained by a ghost maker, could manifest the abilities" or something along those lines.

I'm totally against them selecting an OCC, but out of curiousity.....

Which skill set do you take? Do you keep the magic abilities?

Unread post by Guest »

Id say they trade their magic potential to become the ghost maker, and just use the generic choice of skills available to them.

I always wondered about the Machine Person CK's...I mean, they are far from Supernatural...it would seem to me that a "Forge" would have no problem with a type of sentient machine...and he would have a good cause to champion, freeing his people from the TGE.
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Gomen_Nagai wrote:Not all Bio Freaks have tails. They need that to have tailitzu

Obviously. :P

Talus biofreak - With a stunted tail, so no talitszu, but he has 2 majors 2 minors, Not a combo a biofreak can get really, but a TALUS can get Superhuman PS from it's mutation..

Hmmm....

So yes they do get Racial abilities, IF APPLICABLE

:ok:
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Let's start with my custom race rolled up using the tables in phase world.

My choices for each of the tables:
1. Attributes Table: Incredible Supernatural Attributes
2. Damage Capacity: Major MDC Being
3. Alien Appearance: Humanoid Canine
4. Physiological Modifications: High Gravity World
5. Unusual Characteristics: Stocky
6. Unusual Powers: Psionics(greater) and Giant Size
7. Magical Level: Superhuman Magical Capabilities

Without further ado I present to you the race of Violites!

IQ: 4d6+6
ME: 4d6+6
MA: 3d6
PS: 5d6+14 + 3d4 (supernatural)
PP: 4d6+4
PE: 4d6+6 (supernatural)
PB: 3d6
Spd: 3(7d6+10)

MDC: 5d6X10 +3d4X10 + 4d4 + 115 + 2d6 per level

Psionics: 9 lesser and 2 major
1d4X10 + ME in ISP + 10 per level

Magic: Every single member of race has the casting ability of a Lord Magus!

Now to my character:

Violite biofreak astral mage

Super Powers:
Multiple Selves
NCA
superhuman PP
Superhuman Spd

Why is this character up there in terms of power?
1. I have everything the astral mage OCC entails along with innate casting abilities equivolent to that of the lord magus.

2. There are fifteen of me due to Multiple Selves. Meaning that I can keep the original me in my own astral realm and send the other 14 out as I please. If one gets destroyed.... no biggy, I just release another.

3. I can go melee with all but the most munchkin melee guys.

4. Like the Scarecrow mystic knight astral mage I have effectively unlimited resources.
Gomen_Nagai

Edge wrote:ooh!

Even bettar!

Hawrk-Duhk
Invincible Guardsman
Invulnerability
Impervious to Psionics

Hawrk-Ka's are cooler looking, but something about a nigh-impossible to kill Hawrk-Duhk makes me smile.

Then You Name Him, Howard, The Duhk.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Edge wrote:ooh!

Even bettar!

Hawrk-Duhk
Invincible Guardsman

Invulnerability
Impervious to Psionics

Nah.

As Creatures COMPLETELY immune to Magic, you'd ONLY get the "Bio" out of the "Bio-Wizardry."

Now PURE Genetic manipulation, on the other hand......

(Bio-Freak Hawrk-Ka/Hawrk-Duhk with Supersonic Speed, Invulnerability, Impervious to Psionics, Control Kinetic Energy, or whatever constitutes a LEGAL mixture of whatever Super Powers are available. Take this for your own if you wish, but remember, I thought up the 'original' idea!!).....

Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Edge wrote:
Blight wrote:

Take that same concept...

Find some way to work in Muay Thai...

Now do 132 Attacks, all at once...
but then who would i fight

Unread post by Guest »

Nah...I came up with this idea, within a few minutes of getting PW SB in my sweaty little hands, years and years ago, as it turns out Invincible Guardsmen are totally Genetic Engineering products...nothing at all to do with Bio-Wizardry...

Hawrk-Ohl, Ka, Duhk/Incincible Guardsman is COMPLETELY BOOK LEGAL...it is even plausible, as Hawrk races are Splugorthian slave stock, and the TGE has direct ties to the Splugorth.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Edge wrote:Nah...Invincible Guardsmen are totally Genetic Engineering products...nothing at all to do with Bio-Wizardry...

Hawrk-Ohl, Ka, Duhk/Incincible Guardsman is COMPLETELY BOOK LEGAL...it is even plausible, as Hawrk races are Splugorthian slave stock, and the TGE has direct ties to the Splugorth.
My bad, Edge. You're right. They couldn't master Bio-Wizardry.

Again, my bad.

Unread post by Guest »

cornholioprime wrote:
Edge wrote:Nah...Invincible Guardsmen are totally Genetic Engineering products...nothing at all to do with Bio-Wizardry...

Again, my bad.

It's ok, corn...no..wait...

Kneel suckah!

lol

I used a Hawrk-Ka during my munchkin days, called it a Super Chicken...but I will go with the Hawrk-Duhk being called Howard.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Edge wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Again, my bad.

It's ok, corn...no..wait...

Kneel suckah!

lol

I used a Hawrk-Ka during my munchkin days, called it a Super Chicken...but I will go with the Hawrk-Duhk being called Howard.
I'm waving my hand at you right now, Edge...

But I'm using only ONE of my Fingers.

Tee Hee.

Unread post by Guest »

Its ok..lol.

Just as long as the Hawrk-Duhk is legal now...I wonder if you would let me slide Mega-Immortality in there instead of Invulnerability?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

gwa1965 wrote:my first candidate, and hopefully not my last,

a Blhaze Alien/ Cosmo Knight

(or has this been done yet?)

ps-is the talus bio-freak still legal? want to try to pass it past my next gm
I think that the Blhaze may just be Legal as Cosmo-Knight candidates, as they're non-magical Energy Beings, not True Supernatural Creatures.

..but remember, IF the Forge picks a Blhaze, then you LOSE the Blhaze and become a Cosmo-Knight.

(You can't be a Cosmo-Knight that "Chooses" to become a Blhaze....)

Return to “Rifts®”