Best OCC in N&S

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

N&S OCCs

Dedicated Martial Artist
8%
Worldly Martial Artist
18%
Cyber Agent
No votes
Gadgeteer Agent
5%
Wired Agent
5%
Operative Agent
5%
Private Eye
15%
Professional Free Agent
No votes
Wandering Free Agent
No votes
Thief Free Agent
8%
Dreamer Gizmoteer
8%
Gizoid Gizmoteer
No votes
Tinker Gizmoteer (No, not Tinker Dragoon)
10%
Academy Officer
No votes
Commando Mercenary
3%
Cyborg Soldier
3%
Veteran Grunt
13%

Total votes: 39

Best OCC in N&S

Unread post by Guest »

On the opposite side of the coin, what do you think the best OCC is in N&S?

I've always had a fondness for the Operative Agent (though I also like the Tinker Gizmoteer and Academy Officer).
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

theif gets a ton of good skills and with the right hth lets you make someone who can escape any situation.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

The Gizmoteer would be fun. Eccentric genius inventors are always a blast to play.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I went for the old reliable Worldly MA. Most of my N&SS characters come from there.
I use the military skill programs for characters from HUII or BtS, but for the most part, my games tended to feature more martial arts OCCs than any other, unless I were crossing genres.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

My favorite would be a toss-up between the Dreamer Gizmoteer, because it's the only gizmoteer with a martial art form, and Tinker Gizmoteer, because it has more gizmoteer skills than anyone else. However I think the Operator Agent is easily the best class overall.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I said the Tinker Gizmoteer. They have very cool (and useful) skills, they're more believable than the "Oh, I just happened to pick up a martial art" Dreamer types, and they're flexible enough to create a huge variety of different types of engineers and mechanics, from all out military/combat folks to nerdy computer types.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Slag
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Slag »

VG. Gives you any MA you want plus azz loads of skills and useful contacts.
Fickt nicht mit der Raketemensch!

"I respect you. And unlike love, respect can't be bought" - Homer Simpson.

Unread post by Guest »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:My favorite would be a toss-up between the Dreamer Gizmoteer, because it's the only gizmoteer with a martial art form, and Tinker Gizmoteer, because it has more gizmoteer skills than anyone else. However I think the Operator Agent is easily the best class overall.
What, no completely Tinker Gizmoteer answer? Maybe you should change your name to "Dreamer Dragoon" (hey, at least it would be alliterive). :lol:
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:My favorite would be a toss-up between the Dreamer Gizmoteer, because it's the only gizmoteer with a martial art form, and Tinker Gizmoteer, because it has more gizmoteer skills than anyone else. However I think the Operator Agent is easily the best class overall.
What, no completely Tinker Gizmoteer answer? Maybe you should change your name to "Dreamer Dragoon" (hey, at least it would be alliterive). :lol:

Heh, the name actually predates my owning N&S.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Unread post by Guest »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
Kuseru Satsujin wrote:

Heh, the name actually predates my owning N&S.

For some reason, between this and seeing the results of the best liked OCC so far, I get the wierd urge to say, "Go Go Gadget Gizmoteer."
GA
Explorer
Comment: Master of Dirk Diggler Style

Re: Best OCC in N&S

Unread post by GA »

I said Operative Agent. They get the most diverse skill set and a martial art form and for me the game is always about having the skills you need.

I also like the wandering free agent, where i tend to specialize in languages and journalism, cause you can always write a decent back story with one, insert yourself easily (and out of) virtually any situation and you have a lot of freedom as opposed to the company man. I usually play Lois Lane types as thic character as a refresher.

Gizmoteer is not a class I think that is fun to play much because to me its a support character that is best used as a NPC provider of things rather than an actual contributing member of the group, but the dreamers are good i think in small neighborhood games where they tend to shine a little more. They are the guy teaching women defense course at the Y, defending granny's purse on the bus from a roving gang, while building an Iron Man suit for there college thesis out of plastic. Or trying to get a contract job at Boeing on a new polymer.

I mean ultimately for me it depends on the type of game the GM wants to run and my mood at the time. But those 3 archetypes are probably my favorites.
You kill my dog I'ma slay yo cat-Flava Flav, Terminator X to the Edge of Panic, 1988
A man's gotta know his limitations-Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, 1973
No good deed goes unpunished-Clare Booth Luce
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

I said worldly martial artist, but that is because most of my N&SS games have tended to the "Enter the Dragon" style spy-games.

That having been said, one of my favorite characters ever was the dreamer Gizmoteer I played in Oki. He was modeled on MacGuyver with a little Bruce Lee thrown in.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Veteran Grunt...two reasons...they are easy to make, easy to come up with backstory and can be made from ANY nation on earth with a military (which is about 99% of them)...

The second reason is sentimentality...my family is military...so all my male relatives are Veteran Grunts IRL...so, by extension, it is my favorite.

Plus, it fits in well with both ROBOTECH and RIFTS!

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”